Gay Mafia 3: Trumpocalypse Now D8

Cephrir
Best Social Game
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2006
Location: Seattle-ish
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7800  (ISO)  » Mon May 01, 2017 9:34 pm

I dunno. It's hard to parcel it out in the form of advice. I've learned a lot about cognitive dissonance and such. Most of my scum game is just being really good at pretending to be my town game. 95% of my strategy is "dont get lynched." Though as has been pointed out I slipped a bit here and started backsliding into overconfident mode.

Anyway the point is I dunno if I can do specific pointers without being you. My ways not for everyone anyhow though, and I think having a mix of styles on a team is often beneficial.
"I would prefer not to."

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #7801  (ISO)  » Mon May 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Thanks Cephir :]
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Cephrir
Best Social Game
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2006
Location: Seattle-ish
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7802  (ISO)  » Mon May 01, 2017 9:41 pm

This probably won't be news, but you have to play a different game with different players. When people who know you are in the game you have to figure out what each of them wants your town game to look like, regardless of whether their perceptions are accurate ^^
"I would prefer not to."

Cephrir
Best Social Game
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2006
Location: Seattle-ish
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7803  (ISO)  » Mon May 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Without being too perfect ofc. Like in this game I flipped out and called nacho scum purely because I thought he'd townread me for it. <_>

Anyway I'll shut up now.
"I would prefer not to."

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7804  (ISO)  » Mon May 01, 2017 9:45 pm

In post 7800, Cephrir wrote:I dunno. It's hard to parcel it out in the form of advice. I've learned a lot about cognitive dissonance and such. Most of my scum game is just being really good at pretending to be my town game. 95% of my strategy is "dont get lynched." Though as has been pointed out I slipped a bit here and started backsliding into overconfident mode.

Anyway the point is I dunno if I can do specific pointers without being you. My ways not for everyone anyhow though, and I think having a mix of styles on a team is often beneficial.


This. I'm usually a mamahen, but realizing the group dynamic is key. kuribo taking point, especially given my RL, was much better. Scum are much better at being a coherent team rather than town. Improving your scumgame can be just as much as recognizing skills and developing them and realizing when others are doing the same.

Being good scum isn't about replicating your town game, it's about replicating the good parts.
Show

Spiffeh
Paragone
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2015
Location: New Jersey
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7805  (ISO)  » Mon May 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Who is Cephir

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7806  (ISO)  » Mon May 01, 2017 9:56 pm

In post 7805, Spiffeh wrote:Who is Cephir


The guy who taught me how to play scum without actually teaching me. :)
Show

Cephrir
Best Social Game
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2006
Location: Seattle-ish
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7807  (ISO)  » Mon May 01, 2017 10:12 pm

In post 7805, Spiffeh wrote:Who is Cephir

I stopped correcting people around 2008
"I would prefer not to."

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2007
Location: The Beach
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7808  (ISO)  » Mon May 01, 2017 10:57 pm

In post 7799, Alisae wrote:Ceph, could you give me advice on my scumgame?


Try not to worry too much when you're scum


Everything looks scummy when you already know who the scum team are.
Life is better with the sun on your back, the sand in between your toes, and the sound of the waves in your ear.
Tranquilo. Peace, Love, empathy

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7809  (ISO)  » Mon May 01, 2017 11:03 pm

I can't believe Spiffeh hasn't been around for like a decade
Sometimes silence is the loudest thing you can say.
I have a GTKAS! | Old one if you care to see it

Syryana
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7810  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 5:02 am

In post 7797, Alisae wrote:Syryana, next game can we both be town together pretty please?

Pretty sure we've already been town together.

In post 7798, Cephrir wrote:Yeah I stopped trying I knew it didn't matter <_>

I know, was fun to watch. Wonder if me stumping would have changed that at all?

In post 7807, Cephrir wrote:
In post 7805, Spiffeh wrote:Who is Cephir

I stopped correcting people around 2008

Old ass man.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7811  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 5:03 am

That would be correct Syr
Sometimes silence is the loudest thing you can say.
I have a GTKAS! | Old one if you care to see it

Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2015

Post Post #7812  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 7:07 am

In post 7807, Cephrir wrote:
In post 7805, Spiffeh wrote:Who is Cephir

I stopped correcting people around 2008


Oh god! We just played a huge scum game together and I just now realized there are 2 r's
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2007
Location: The Beach
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7813  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:01 am

finally getting around to reading the neighborhood

In post 126, Majiffy wrote:Meanwhile Kuribo is just off laying in the grass somewhere laughing his ass off at town


other than the laughing part this is quite literal
Life is better with the sun on your back, the sand in between your toes, and the sound of the waves in your ear.
Tranquilo. Peace, Love, empathy

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2007
Location: The Beach
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7814  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:03 am

In post 160, -Grey- wrote:
In post 159, Majiffy wrote:
In post 158, -Grey- wrote:
In post 156, Majiffy wrote:I mean you got lynched 100% because of policy so

You say that like it makes it somehow more pro-town than what I did. Which it didn't.

Lynching town that you know is town is just inexcusable, period.

Know is town? No one except scum and cops have that knowledge. I thought you were a 3P x-hammer-wincon.

If that were true, it'd have 99% likely been a 3x.

I already had two. Hammering myself would have sealed it. The fact I didn't should have told you something.



Arguably, hammering yourself would kill you before achieving your wincon
Life is better with the sun on your back, the sand in between your toes, and the sound of the waves in your ear.
Tranquilo. Peace, Love, empathy

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2007
Location: The Beach
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7815  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:10 am

In post 333, Katsuki wrote:(when you finally read this thread please kindly go fuck yourself with a splintery broomstick kuribo :])


Sorry I ruined your mojo for mafia, dude. I had to do what I had to do and if you had just blindly townread me I wouldn't have had to scream at you. Next time just let me do whatever I want without repercussion and everything will be fine. :P For the record, you getting wagoned would have been a HUGE towntell to me if I'd been town because I've seen you mislynched more times than I care to count, and generally I'd want no part of it if I thought we were the same alignment. I couldn't risk the chance that you'd turn things around and have people buying the "oh, Katsuki knows kuribo so well, obviously he's scum."

Oh god


you finally read me right :( :(

I can't even pull out that nugget anymore :(
Life is better with the sun on your back, the sand in between your toes, and the sound of the waves in your ear.
Tranquilo. Peace, Love, empathy

Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 04, 2012
Location: 2spooky4me

Post Post #7816  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:11 am

In post 7810, Syryana wrote:
In post 7798, Cephrir wrote:Yeah I stopped trying I knew it didn't matter <_>

I know, was fun to watch. Wonder if me stumping would have changed that at all?

I know you said you didn't stump because of me, but as I said I have nothing but love for you people out of game and as people. And I was less annoyed by how you played when you flipped your role b/c you were playing to your wincon. But you did contribute to the town apathy and lurking as well as not give serious push to find scum.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2007
Location: The Beach
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7817  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:15 am

In post 289, MathBlade wrote:Kuribo's reads were too exaggerated to be natural.


i mean

that's kinda my schtick regardless of alignment
Life is better with the sun on your back, the sand in between your toes, and the sound of the waves in your ear.
Tranquilo. Peace, Love, empathy

Syryana
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7818  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 5:04 pm

In post 7816, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I know you said you didn't stump because of me, but as I said I have nothing but love for you people out of game and as people. And I was less annoyed by how you played when you flipped your role b/c you were playing to your wincon. But you did contribute to the town apathy and lurking as well as not give serious push to find scum.

To be fair, a lot of contribution to that apathy came round simply because of all the quicklynches. It takes me a while to find footing in a large regardless and I got overwhelmed by all the things. And I'm very well aware of the fact that my ability to read anything beyond a gut level has deteriorated a lot from when I started here (Nacho can attest to this), so when the best I've got gets sneered off as surface level scum bullshit and my role gives me no reason to give a half fuck about whose alignment is what, it severely degrades my interest in bothering to try.

Hence why the last two day phases I was alive was basically me trolling the shit out of you. (Deliberately on the final Day, once I saw hiplop voted someone other than me it was easiest to get lynched to win)

I don't have anything against you personally (I actually quite like you and would like to play again in a smaller game), but you were the main reason I didn't stump here.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."

Katsuki
Cupcake
 
User avatar
Joined: April 27, 2010
Location: In your head~

Post Post #7819  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:30 pm

In post 7569, Spiffeh wrote:Don't be hard on yourself SAD you were like the only Town that actually tried for all of the game

This loss rests on the shoulder's of the town players that refused to play the game and -Grey-


"Playing the game" gave us the abomination of page length early on. I needed time to sort my reads. Kuribo knew that and pressured me because he was scum. I dunno why you refused to give me space to operate with though.

Often times less is more. I think I spoiled you in with your first game on site.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ | "READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM" - GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!
Cupcake Mafia II coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13

Katsuki
Cupcake
 
User avatar
Joined: April 27, 2010
Location: In your head~

Post Post #7820  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:32 pm

In post 7630, Tammy wrote:Congrats scum. Thanks for running it Elton.

Sorry for claiming early. I do prematurely claim sometimes but I did actually believe you guys were going to lynch me as two. Everybody felt so rabid at the start of day and with people clamoring for quick lynches because gee that's fun and with what happened day one, I don't think it was so unreasonable for me to think that (and now seeing that the plan was to come after me in scum chat makes that doubly so.). Though if it weren't for my jailkeeper in shining armor, I wouldn't have even been here day two, so *shrug*.

Stop quicklynching and urging for quicklynches. It's not funny. It's not cool. It's how you help town lose.


Town tried to lynch you? Jesus you were one of the towniest players around.

This was actually not as difficult of a game for town to win as it turned out to be if we didn't have that awful D2 imo.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ | "READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM" - GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!
Cupcake Mafia II coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13

Katsuki
Cupcake
 
User avatar
Joined: April 27, 2010
Location: In your head~

Post Post #7821  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:35 pm

In post 7655, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 7631, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 7622, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:no one treated him as scum because of it

You have to look at the kills that were made instead of the Kuribo shot, though:

Spiffeh (Paragon), Desperado (confirmed town), Kise (power role), etc

I mean if you think anyone including you would have correctly lynched someone that shot a partner without that partner switching into BP-mode over lurkers and people that refused to play the game, then lol.

Kuribo could have been caught much earlier though. I did catch him when he had that weird push on Hocho Knife but then he just started yelling and tbh I'm not in the mood to go full apeshit toxic so I just dropped it then he hardcore AtE'd about how DGB was his friend and he has went through tough shit etc and I bought that.

But his Hocho Knife push was really bad. Other than that though no one could've pushed him through. There was like only a couple of people through out the course of the game that even suspected him: Hocho (who was just omgusing so doesn't really count), Kise, me, idk I can't think more off the top of my head. But his lynch would not have gone through in a million years with how this town played.


I wasn't OMGUS'ing. I laid out concrete reasons for why Kuribo was scum. I can read him well and he knows that. Kuribo taking the initiative made it easy for people to ignore my read on him.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ | "READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM" - GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!
Cupcake Mafia II coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13

Katsuki
Cupcake
 
User avatar
Joined: April 27, 2010
Location: In your head~

Post Post #7822  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:37 pm

In post 7661, kuribo wrote:And yeah I had no option with Hocho other than to go all-out because katsuki had caught me (somewhat for the wrong reasons which is a hundred times more frustrating) and I knew katsuki was never ever dropping or softening that read


Wrong reasons my ass I have specific tells on you and you played counter to your towntells :P

Just like how DGB was so easy to townread this game D1.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ | "READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM" - GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!
Cupcake Mafia II coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13

Katsuki
Cupcake
 
User avatar
Joined: April 27, 2010
Location: In your head~

Post Post #7823  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:39 pm

In post 7665, kuribo wrote:
In post 7664, Majiffy wrote:It's like "Okay I'm gonna flip red, but please DO NOT LET MY ALIGNMENT VALIDATE YOUR ARGUMENT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT IN ANY WAY REFLECT THE VALIDITY OF THE WORDS YOU POSTED



If katsuki had pointed out that I legit had no scum reads at that point, I'd have been less annoyed


Aside from the fact I hadn't read every post of yours, I'm not gonna go around sharing the tells I use to read you with. :P You wouldn't have pushed me like that as town though.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ | "READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM" - GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!
Cupcake Mafia II coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13

Katsuki
Cupcake
 
User avatar
Joined: April 27, 2010
Location: In your head~

Post Post #7824  (ISO)  » Tue May 02, 2017 9:42 pm

In post 7730, kuribo wrote:
In post 7728, Gamma Emerald wrote:Can I get links to one and two


Gay Mafia- viewtopic.php?t=21301 the infamous "kuribo and DGB counterclaim vengeful masons" game

Gay Mafia II- viewtopic.php?t=24354 the game where I got piss-drunk IRL in twilight on N1, accused DGB of being scum, and got NK'd as a result


For the record, a large portion of D1/D2 was lost to tigers.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ | "READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM" - GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!
Cupcake Mafia II coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Theme Games