Traitor

randomidget - Night 3 Night Kill -
Watcher

Sesq - Day 4 Lynch -
Rolestopper

Current Gamestate:

Spoiler: Mod Kills
No, thanks.
Last edited by LicketyQuickety on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:18 am, edited 12 times in total.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Game Rules
  1. SITE-WIDE RULES AND GUIDELINES APPLY
  2. NO EXCESSIVE PERSONAL ATTACKS (I will be the one to decide that)
  3. NO POSTING ANY TEXT THAT I WILL NOT KNOW OR UNDERSTAND TO BE APPEARED TO ME BY THE NAKED EYE (I only know the english language)
  4. VOTING IS NOT TO BE IN SPOILERS
  5. DO NOT USE ANY PROVABLE RANDOMIZING IN THIS GAME.
  6. YOU MUST POST AT LEAST 1 CONTENT RELATED POST EACH 48 HOUR PERIOD (more on this later)
  7. DO NOT COPY-PASTE/QUOTE ANY PRIVATE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN MYSELF AND YOU IN THIS GAME
  8. YOU ARE TO PLAY TO YOUR WIN CONDITION.
  9. THREATENING TO BREAK THE RULE IS JUST AS BAD AS BREAKING THEM IN MY GAMES
  10. HAVE FUN
Mechanics
  1. Groups
    1. Players are put into 1 of 3 Groups at the start of the game.
    2. There is a main Town Power Role put into every group at random and a main Mafia member put into each group. In addition to this, Mafia have a Traitor who does not count as a member of the Mafia until all the main Mafia members are Lynched. Also, Town has a 4th Power Role that is the Universal Backup, who does not function as a main Town Power Role until a main Town Power Role Dies, in which case the Universal Backup takes their role.
    3. In the case that a member of the Mafia is Lynched from a Group, That group will disperse and will be reorganized. Power Roles, Mafia and Vanilla Townies will be organized into the new Group(s) as evenly as possible via RNG. This happens every time the main Mafia member is Lynched from a group.
    4. For both Mafia Traitor and Universal Backup, they are put into a random Groups when the game starts and remain to be placed in random Groups upon a Group dissipating as long as they are not main roles.
  2. Game Phases
    1. There are 3 Phases of the game: Day Phase I (DPI), Day Phase II (DPII) and Night Phase (NP)
    2. DPI is 7 real life days. This Phase is for picking what Group to Lynch from.
    3. DPII is 7 real life days. This Phase is for players to decide who to lynch from the group that was chosen in DPI.
    4. NP is 2 real life days (48 hours). This Phase is for Night Actions if you have any.
  3. Conditions
    1. Mafia must Night Kill from the previous DPI group that was chosen. If a Group was not chosen in DPI, then Day ends at the deadline that was made for DPI and Mafia can then NK anyone of their choosing. The group that was chosen in DPI, cannot vote in DPII.
    2. If a Group is chosen in DPI before deadline is up, that time will be added to DPII effective immediately upon a majority in DPI
    3. For DPI and DPII, Lynch is decided by simple majority (>50%) of people who are able to vote.
    4. All other Night Actions besides Night Kills proceed as normal, meaning anyone with a Night Action may choose to use their ability on anyone they choose unless your role specifies otherwise.
  4. Miscellaneous
    1. I reserve the right to extend Phases at my discretion
    2. Players may post until I do a final vote count and close the thread for that Game Day and post the flip
    3. Night Actions must be in 1 hour before Start of Day. If you wish to do no action, nothing is necessary from you. If I do not get a Night Action in 1 hour before Start of Day, you forfeit your ability that Night.
    4. Once a player is dead, they are no longer allowed to post in the thread until the game is over
    5. Please
      BOLD
      public requests and public questions to me and put "
      @Mod
      " or a rendition of my name that I can understand at the beginning of the post so I know that you have a request/question for me. For all other questions/requests that are not public, PM me.
    6. Vote counts will be done regularly
    7. I will deal with rule breakers at my discretion, which I may talk to someone more qualified than myself about the offense. This ranges from a warning to a force replace to a mod-kill.
    8. Blue
      is my color, do not use it
Activity
  • If you do not post within a 48 hour period of a Game Day then I will give you a single prod and if after 24 hours after your prod, if you do not post, I will replace you
  • If you receive 3 prods that is grounds for replacement
  • Mark yourself as V/LA if you are unable to make the posting commitment after starting the game and let me know via PM
  • If your V/LA is unreasonable, I may look for a replacement
How to Vote
  1. Code: Select all

[vote]Group Name[/vote], [unvote][/unvote] (or [unvote]Group Name[/unvote])

2. Code: Select all

[v]Group Name[/v], [uv][/uv] (or [uv]Group Name[/uv])

3. Code: Select all

[vote]Player Name[/vote], [unvote][/unvote] (or [unvote]Player Name[/unvote])

4. Code: Select all

[v]Player Name[/v], [uv][/uv], (or [uv]Player Name[/uv])

Spoiler: Sample Roles:
Welcome to Surreptitious: The Game of Spies

You are
Vanilla Townie
aligned with
Town

You have no special abilities.

You win when the
Mafia
have been eliminated and there is at least 1
Town
member left alive.

Game thread is Here.

You are
Town Watcher
aligned with
Town

During the Night, you may learns who targeted a player, but not what actions were performed on them.

You win when all the
Mafia
have been eliminated and there is at least 1 Town member left alive.

Game thread is Here.

You are
Town Neapolitan
aligned with
Town

During the Night, you may investigative to check whether its target is a Vanilla Townie or not.

You win when all the
Mafia

Game thread is Here.

You are
Town Friendly Neighbor
aligned with
Town

During the Night, you may can target a player at Night to tell them that they are Town.

You win when all the
Mafia

Game thread is Here.

You are
Town Universal Backup
aligned with
Town

Day 1 you are effectively an ordinary Townie. However, whenever the first power role dies you will inherits that power role and can use it themselves.

You win when all the
Mafia

Game thread is Here.

You are
Mafia Follower
aligned with
Mafia

During the Night you can target a player at Night and learn what form of action they took that Night but not who they targeted. You can also execute the Night Kill.

You may talk to your teammates any time the Mafia Chat is open. Mafia Chat can be found Here [Link].

You win when all the
Town
have been eliminated from a single Group or nothing can prevent this and there is at least 1
Mafia
member left alive.

Game thread is Here.

You are
Mafia Rolestopper
aligned with
Mafia

During the Night you can target a player to stop all other Night actions from affecting them in any way. You can also execute the Night Kill.

You may talk to your teammates any time the Mafia Chat is open. Mafia Chat can be found Here [Link].

You win when all the
Town
have been eliminated from a single Group or nothing can prevent this and there is at least 1
Mafia
member left alive.

Game thread is Here.

You are
Mafia Goon
aligned with
Mafia

During the Night you can execute the Night Kill.

You win when all the
Town
Mafia
member left alive.

Game thread is Here.

You are
Mafia Traitor
aligned with
Mafia

You have no special abilities until all other Mafia members are dead. Once all Mafia members are dead, you will gain access to the Mafia Chat and may execute the Night Kill.

You win when all the
Town
Mafia
member left alive.

Game thread is Here.
Last edited by LicketyQuickety on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:47 pm

All role PMs have been sent. The game starts when 13/15 players confirm. Players are given 48 hours to confirm their role or be replaced.
Players must confirm by
(expired on 2017-03-22 20:00:00)

The groups are as follows:

Group A
Group B
Group C
  1. BTD6-maker
  2. SlySly
  3. Lil Uzi Vert
  4. Almost50
  5. Woodboys2339
  1. Transcend
  2. -Grey-
  3. randomidget
  4. TTTT
  5. Sesq
  1. SnarkySnowman
  2. Nero Cain
  3. momo
  4. Alisae
  5. Ramicius
Last edited by LicketyQuickety on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 am

15/15 people have confirmed. The game starts now!

Group A
Group B
Group C
  1. BTD6-maker
  2. SlySly
  3. Lil Uzi Vert
  4. Almost50
  5. Woodboys2339
  1. Transcend
  2. -Grey-
  3. randomidget
  4. TTTT
  5. Sesq
  1. SnarkySnowman
  2. Nero Cain
  3. momo
  4. Alisae
  5. Ramicius

Vote Count 1.0

Group 1 (0): [L-8]

Group 2 (0): [L-8]

Group 3 (0): [L-8]

Not Voting (15): Nero Cain, Lil Uzi Vert, Alisae, -Grey-, BTD6_maker, Ramcius, randomidget, momo, Transcend, Woodboys2339, SnarkySnowman, TTTT, SlySly, Sesq, Almost50

DPI ends in (expired on 2017-03-28 15:30:00)

DPII ends in (expired on 2017-04-04 15:30:00)

Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Ramcius »

VOTE: Group B

Grey, i'm keeping my word and coming for you :D
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Almost50 »

Personally I'd rather wait until everybody talked some before I decide. I mean, the majority of players I've played with before and I some I think I can read to some degree, so if I get a SR on a player I'd vote the group they're in and then proceed with trying to get them lynched.

On contrary, if we vote just for the sake of voting we may end up with a group that we don't have string reads on, and we end up screwing ourselves afterwards. (Imagine you we picked a group and THEN you got a strong SR on someone else, but you can't vote them because you're confined to vote from the group that was picked already. Thant will suck).

So, Ram.. knowing yours was a spam vote for what it's worth, which players have you played with before?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Woodboys2339 »

SO. This is my first non noob game
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Really? I'm in a group full of lurksacks and trolls?

vote:group C
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 am

Post by Sesq »

hey look my group has some people i know in it

imma VOTE: Group A because nobody else is
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:57 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 5, Almost50 wrote:Personally I'd rather wait until everybody talked some before I decide. I mean, the majority of players I've played with before and I some I think I can read to some degree, so if I get a SR on a player I'd vote the group they're in and then proceed with trying to get them lynched.

On contrary, if we vote just for the sake of voting we may end up with a group that we don't have string reads on, and we end up screwing ourselves afterwards. (Imagine you we picked a group and THEN you got a strong SR on someone else, but you can't vote them because you're confined to vote from the group that was picked already. Thant will suck).

So, Ram.. knowing yours was a spam vote for what it's worth, which players have you played with before?
besides people that were in timeshifted, only trans, but i replaced out early in that game
In post 7, Nero Cain wrote:Really? I'm in a group full of lurksacks and trolls?

i'm troll or lurksack? :D
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Sesq »

apparently

be proud of your identity
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:02 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

I first thought this game was highly scum-sided, but because of the town PRs I think I have a strategy that may have a decent winning chance for Town. (There are a lot of possible cases but I will give the gist). This game looks suited to someone logical and analytical.

The Neapolitan claims Day 1. We do not lynch in the Neapolitan group until we have to. Instead, we pick another group and lynch from here. Then the Friendly Neighbour will reveal that they are confTown to the Neapolitan, who targets someone in the group that contains neither themselves nor the lynched person. Assuming a Town was lynched on Day 1, two groups have five members and one has three. The Neapolitan can tell Town in which group the Friendly Neighbour is. If in the group with 3 members, the Neapolitan reveals who they are and we lynch there. If not, we lynch from the other group with 5 members.

I need to work on what happens after there. There are a huge number of possibilities, many of which are unlikely.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9, Ramcius wrote:besides people that were in timeshifted, only trans, but i replaced out early in that game
That's myself & Sly .. and a little bit of Uzi on Group A, TTTT on Group B and Nero on Group C. Right? Then why did you vote group B? More to it: Wouldn't have been more logical to vote Group A since you know more players in there and thus have a better chance of reading them more accurately? Just trying to figure out why people are voting for now.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9, Ramcius wrote:troll
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 11, BTD6_maker wrote:I first thought this game was highly scum-sided, but because of the town PRs I think I have a strategy that may have a decent winning chance for Town. (There are a lot of possible cases but I will give the gist). This game looks suited to someone logical and analytical.

The Neapolitan claims Day 1. We do not lynch in the Neapolitan group until we have to. Instead, we pick another group and lynch from here. Then the Friendly Neighbour will reveal that they are confTown to the Neapolitan, who targets someone in the group that contains neither themselves nor the lynched person. Assuming a Town was lynched on Day 1, two groups have five members and one has three. The Neapolitan can tell Town in which group the Friendly Neighbour is. If in the group with 3 members, the Neapolitan reveals who they are and we lynch there. If not, we lynch from the other group with 5 members.

I need to work on what happens after there. There are a huge number of possibilities, many of which are unlikely.
I need to consider Mafia PRs.

In this plan, Follower isn't helpful. Of course Mafia know who the Neapolitan is. They do not need to check them to see that they are performing a Neapolitan investigation. Then there is the Rolestopper. Their best option is probably to target the confTown Neapolitan to stop the Friendly Neighbour. Fortunately this means that the Neapolitan's investigation is guaranteed to work.

On second thoughts, the Neapolitan should target the group of 3. We are not lynching there immediately but this will be the critical group at the moment. A mislynch there will end the game. Thus we need more information from there.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:37 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

VOTE: C
i say we lynch Nero
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by SlySly »

Snarky is in C.

VOTE: Group C
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

First
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by BTD6_maker »

Anyway, I am not a Neapolitan.

(By the way, a long time ago LQ asked me to look at the game. I didn't have much time to do it but I formulated numbers for the Mountainous (which is extremely scum-sided) and worked on basic strategy. This strategy should work).
Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

In post 5, Almost50 wrote:Personally I'd rather wait until everybody talked some before I decide. I mean, the majority of players I've played with before and I some I think I can read to some degree, so if I get a SR on a player I'd vote the group they're in and then proceed with trying to get them lynched.

I've played with grey when he subbed into my noob game. I'm sure you guys know how good he is at hunting though
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 19, Woodboys2339 wrote:I'm sure you guys know how good he is at hunting though
Yeah, I suck at scumhunting.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

VOTE: C
GTKAS
| here.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 pm

In post 7, Nero Cain wrote:Really? I'm in a group full of lurksacks and trolls?

You have to use vote tags.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Transcend »

Ego
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor