Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 3496, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3492, Mulch wrote:
In post 3490, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3475, Mulch wrote:
In post 3474, Smocaine wrote:Mulch, I'm not sorry, you scummy.
I shouted RC+Stalfos scumteam the entire day 1

I did my job
what did it do for town though
I told you I didn't feel like working for a town with people like Smocaine

I have my own personal victory that I know how to read you+Prism

Specially because Prism likes to brag about their scum game

I'll work on the other aspects of my game later
do you though cuz I seem to recall you townreading me in our last game where I was scum and trying hard to mislynch me last time I was town

I disagree
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Mulch »

You did good mastina
Amrock#3784
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I suppose you would disagree but I don't think you will ever end up townreading me again and will find excuses to write off incorrect scumreads.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 3502, RadiantCowbells wrote:I suppose you would disagree but I don't think you will ever end up townreading me again and will find excuses to write off incorrect scumreads.
Well you aren't playing anymore

Are you
Amrock#3784
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:15 pm

I technically promised to play one more game but that's it for me right now.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by mastina »

Having said that
, I think that the scumteam truly did earn their win--they weren't helped by me much at all. In fact, they basically did everything on their own. Everything from the nightkills to their dayplay (which dominated the game I feel), that was all on them. To some extent, this was obviously going to be the case because I reserved the right to a non-random scumteam from the get-go and the selected scumteam was in fact not random (you can thank Ginngie for that because it was her suggestion; I basically went, "Sure, why not?" to it), in that with those players as scum it was going to be very difficult for the scum to ever be in the position to lose.

However, I don't think you can attribute the win to just being who they are in general. They genuinely pulled out what I feel was a pretty strong performance. The town also made many misplays, from not submitting night actions to not reading the mechanics closely (one of the two jailkeepers REALLY should've targeted me earlier) to lynching what is one of my signature town roles (seriously, I am like the only mod who uses Alien as the Roleblocker + Rolestopper variant of a JK so that should've been an obviously-town role and doubling up on town roles is also a specialty of mine) to nightkilling the entire town's investigative power N1.

So while a great deal of blame can be placed on my shitty moderation for the apathy. I don't think you can place EVERYTHING on me, since there were a lot of smart scum plays and quite a few not-so-smart town plays. I also think that in spite of my shitty moderating, that the quality of the game could have ended up being much worse than it did. In spite of the apathy suffered at times, there were moments where I feel players were genuinely enjoying the game as a game. My only regret, really, is that said moments of enjoying the game were in the minority, since the whole premise of this game was for them to be in the majority--

For people to see my mod edits/deletions and go, "LOL" to them. To break out laughing at the mod interference, rather than shutting down because of the possibility of it. I do apologize I couldn't foster that game environment, but that was my intention, so the few moments where it was shown, I was glad to see exist.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Mulch »

In any case I'm not really concerned about past games/future games

this game I did what I could and I chose to not put in effort rather than get angry

/shrug
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Mulch »

Mastina you did fine

I hope you don't quit modding

You inspired me to mod you know on this site and other sites
Amrock#3784
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:19 pm

In post 3505, mastina wrote:
Having said that
, I think that the scumteam truly did earn their win--they weren't helped by me much at all. In fact, they basically did everything on their own. Everything from the nightkills to their dayplay (which dominated the game I feel), that was all on them. To some extent, this was obviously going to be the case because I reserved the right to a non-random scumteam from the get-go and the selected scumteam was in fact not random (you can thank Ginngie for that because it was her suggestion; I basically went, "Sure, why not?" to it), in that with those players as scum it was going to be very difficult for the scum to ever be in the position to lose.

However, I don't think you can attribute the win to just being who they are in general. They genuinely pulled out what I feel was a pretty strong performance. The town also made many misplays, from not submitting night actions to not reading the mechanics closely (one of the two jailkeepers REALLY should've targeted me earlier) to lynching what is one of my signature town roles (seriously, I am like the only mod who uses Alien as the Roleblocker + Rolestopper variant of a JK so that should've been an obviously-town role and doubling up on town roles is also a specialty of mine) to nightkilling the entire town's investigative power N1.

So while a great deal of blame can be placed on my shitty moderation for the apathy. I don't think you can place EVERYTHING on me, since there were a lot of smart scum plays and quite a few not-so-smart town plays. I also think that in spite of my shitty moderating, that the quality of the game could have ended up being much worse than it did. In spite of the apathy suffered at times, there were moments where I feel players were genuinely enjoying the game as a game. My only regret, really, is that said moments of enjoying the game were in the minority, since the whole premise of this game was for them to be in the majority--

For people to see my mod edits/deletions and go, "LOL" to them. To break out laughing at the mod interference, rather than shutting down because of the possibility of it. I do apologize I couldn't foster that game environment, but that was my intention, so the few moments where it was shown, I was glad to see exist.
I thought that this was the strongest scumteam as a collective that I've ever been in and I don't say that lightly.
The only team that I think could compare was a game a long time ago where myself and Frozen Angel were scum when she was new to the site but our third partner was relatively weak.
Everyone was fantastic, we split town down many narratives to the point that we sacrificed the ability to lead all town down one direction but instead we divided the town entirely and even the people who were close to solving one element of the game weren't even close to the others. I don't think there was a possibility of us losing from long before my lynch simply based off of how lynching anyone gave the others on the team lots of towncred and that's on top of us being largely the most townread players in the game.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by Mulch »

Counterpoint: this town sucked ass
Amrock#3784
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:21 pm

I really wish town tried harder because the scumteam was something special to play with game long and I wish we were given a more challenging hand to play because it felt like we drew a royal flush at the opening hand and our opponents kept trying to bluff us higher and higher with a pair of 5s.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 3509, Mulch wrote:Counterpoint: this town sucked ass
Specifically in reads

Minus me and ?creature?

And also the town is full of players with bad reads

So yeah it’s essy to split a narrative imo with a.l player list like this and lynchbait like me

Not that scum didn’t do well, they did what they needed to be done
Amrock#3784
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:22 pm

In post 3509, Mulch wrote:Counterpoint: this town sucked ass
This is true: but the town could have been vastly better and it would not have helped town to win this game.

Keep in mind that while you scream about how you scumread me/Prism Camn was one of your top townreads because of effort that we as a team made to make that association look not SvS and Mathblade being scum wasn't even in consideration. And how good are you expecting the town to be if you're expecting me to have gotten lynched day 1?
So yeah it’s essy to split a narrative imo with a.l player list like this and lynchbait like me

Not that scum didn’t do well, they did what they needed to be done
We did far, far more than needed to be done actually. It just was pointless because town never rose to the challenge.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by Mulch »

Prism is really obvious scum tbh

Also they rely on logic too much as town so they get bad reads
Amrock#3784
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3470, Not_Mafia wrote:Oh cool I suck
For what it's worth, Not_Mafia, I don't think you inherently suck. You actually have your moments and can have some degree of charm. It's just that sometimes, you can make some rather questionable calls that have costly consequences. If you were given a cop role instead of a vig role, for instance, you could probably have singlehandedly won the game for the town by virtue of not really appearing on the scum's nightkill radar until very late in the game. Vig was just the absolute most hilariously bad role for you to hold this game.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Mulch »

I wonder if a good town was here or a different site how you would have fared
Probably would have been a good game
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 3514, mastina wrote:
In post 3470, Not_Mafia wrote:Oh cool I suck
For what it's worth, Not_Mafia, I don't think you inherently suck. You actually have your moments and can have some degree of charm. It's just that sometimes, you can make some rather questionable calls that have costly consequences. If you were given a cop role instead of a vig role, for instance, you could probably have singlehandedly won the game for the town by virtue of not really appearing on the scum's nightkill radar until very late in the game. Vig was just the absolute most hilariously bad role for you to hold this game.
To your credit
Amrock#3784
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:25 pm

I think N_M being vig changed little. Cheeky gets scumread by virtually everyone for bad reasons, a lot of non-NM people would have shot her.
I don't think anyone in this game being vig would have changed the outcome.
I wonder if a good town was here or a different site how you would have fared
Probably would have been a good game
I think a large part of the MU meta being better has to do with the quality of its scum play rather than its town play.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3481, MathBlade wrote:Overall town imho had a lot of ways to fuck with us but when the D1 kill went through and a jailkeeper claim was made against me I was just like really?
Then a second. I legit thought it was a fake claim.
You shoulda seen the original setup. :P It had a (potentially-Loyal) Cop and a Roleblocker in addition to what the town ended up having. Ginngie told me to ax those two roles for balance purposes, so I did.

Given how things turned out, town coulda used that extra strength, butstill. You probably would agree it's better balanced as-is than with those two roles also on the town's side. :P
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3508, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3505, mastina wrote:
Having said that

I thought that this was the strongest scumteam as a collective that I've ever been in and I don't say that lightly.
The only team that I think could compare was a game a long time ago where myself and Frozen Angel were scum when she was new to the site but our third partner was relatively weak.
Everyone was fantastic, we split town down many narratives to the point that we sacrificed the ability to lead all town down one direction but instead we divided the town entirely and even the people who were close to solving one element of the game weren't even close to the others. I don't think there was a possibility of us losing from long before my lynch simply based off of how lynching anyone gave the others on the team lots of towncred and that's on top of us being largely the most townread players in the game.
Yeah...I kinda didn’t even want to bus you either :/
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 3517, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think a large part of the MU meta being better has to do with the quality of its scum play rather than its town play.
What does that even mean
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 3518, mastina wrote:
In post 3481, MathBlade wrote:Overall town imho had a lot of ways to fuck with us but when the D1 kill went through and a jailkeeper claim was made against me I was just like really?
You shoulda seen the original setup. :P It had a (potentially-Loyal) Cop and a Roleblocker in addition to what the town ended up having. Ginngie told me to ax those two roles for balance purposes, so I did.

Given how things turned out, town coulda used that extra strength, butstill. You probably would agree it's better balanced as-is than with those two roles also on the town's side. :P
I think if you didn't handpick the scumteam then it's balanced but with it it's scumsided
idk

I did get into a bastard game :cop:
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by Mulch »

Honestly this was super fun to watch from afar tbh
Amrock#3784
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3485, Alisae wrote:
In post 3478, MathBlade wrote:I am just glad Alisae carried me.
apparently winning as scum is easy in mastina games.
I still maintain you coulda won the one mastina game with a town victory, if you hadn't given up and claimed scum in-thread. I definitely would not have accepted the concede if I had been online to see you wish for one and would explain that unless a situation is literally unwinnable I encourage players to keep trying to win in the off chance they
could
. (You were at a disadvantage tho, I do admit that.)

Butyeah. I apparently attract competent scum players, is the best theory I've come up with. My setups are probably not consistently scumsided and NORMALLY my moderation is probably pro-town rather than pro-scum, and the town players in my game are typically not all weak, so that's my best theory as to why so many are scum wins.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3521, Mulch wrote:
In post 3518, mastina wrote:

I think if you didn't handpick the scumteam then it's balanced but with it it's scumsided
idk

I did get into a bastard game :cop:
Without the handpick...

14/4
Goons plus a special mastina shot ability
Vs
Vig
Essentially two jailkeepers
Gunsmith
Neapolitan

That’s pretty decently townsided without the mastina ability, probably townsided with it (especially if mastina getting vigged eliminates ability for her to kill)
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”