3. Chara ............................................ Matthew (Matt) Bower
5. Varsoon ......................................... Vanessa Peters
6. Ellibereth ........................................ Kyle Dixon
10. penguin_alien ................................. Mary Flannigan
12. DeasVail ........................................ Mary Lewis
16. mastina ......................................... Carl Wilkins
17. Ginngie .......................................... Douglas Mitchell

Spoiler: votecounts / vote counts / vote-counts / VCs
Last edited by drealmerz7 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 34 times in total.
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

RULES

(
general site rules
also apply
)
-

1. - I am the moderator. Everything I say goes. Read everything. If it seems that you have not read everything I will send you a PM making sure that you have/do. Reading the entirety of all PMs and moderator posts is CRUCIAL for this game. If you have anything to address with me (ANY questions, issues, concerns, ANYTHING)
send me a PM
. I encourage PM communication with me, but
do not address me in the game thread
, I'm not in the game.

2. - Absolutely
NO
GIFs, videos, images, or OUTSIDE LINKS
to anything of any kind permitted in this game! Links to posts made in
THIS THREAD ONLY
are the only links permitted in this game!

3. - Conduct yourselves in a civilized and gamesmanship manner. Have fun & help each other have fun and play to your win condition. Remember that it should be everyone's primary goal to have fun while they seek to achieve their win condition. With this in mind, also realize that disagreements, contention, and frustration can be part of the game and is all game-inclusive, and hopefully ultimately fun! Nothing is to get personal and things are not to be taken personally. If someone upsets you, try to convince others they are scum and try to get them lynched. If it goes too far I will take measures.

4. - The game is a
bit
bastard!
  • There are:
    unique, game-specific mechanics (including those related to voting and lynching), rules, roles, and a partially-hidden ruleset. Players will choose a character name that has a predetermined win condition and role from a list at signup.

• There might be:
    hidden abilities, mechanics, and triggers in the overall game and / or for specific characters; the tiniest bit of moderator deception.

• There will be NO:
    cults or win-condition / alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated, or any direct or arbitrary moderator influence.

• The game might or might not be:
    role madness.
- This game has been reviewed, play-tested, and approved by numerous veteran moderators and players on another site. It is considered fair but swingy, and that is how I like it. I hope players have fun with it!

- For MS this game has been reviewed by nancy.

5. - This section is dedicated to game flavor and the "PM quoting / info-sharing" hubbub and related.

I.) - Any references or lack thereof to characters in flavor is not necessarily of any setup, alignment, role, or mechanical significance. PMs sent to individual players, or a lack thereof, and any sort of variance in length or amount of details given to players and their characters does not necessarily indicate anything in regards to the setup or the character's role significance or alignment, or mean anything more or less other than how much creativity I came up with / come up with for the characters.

II.) - I am intentionally creating all PMs with
NO uniform format whatsoever
. There will be no way to discern anything by the use and existence, or lack thereof, of: any punctuation, colorizing, capitalization, syntax or phrasing, or whatever else is in individual PMs.

Simply, there is NO consistent method of format for the giving of information through individual PMs
AT ALL
, and no game-deductions should try to be made from how a PM is formed or what it contains.

example: one person's PM might be "You are bob (
VILLAGE - VANILLA
), and you like to fish!" and someone else might have "you are bobbette, a
vanilla villager
, and you like to read~" in their PM, and yet a third person could have "you are bobbina - you like to eat
fish
" in their PM, and could be "vanilla" but never has been directly told so or given any more detail than what is in the quotes right there. ^

note: if you yourself specifically are confused about your role or alignment once you've received and read your character's PM, be sure to
SEND ME
a
PM
with any questions/concerns you may have! (don't worry about bobbina, she doesn't exist! if she did, she could simply ask "what is my role/alignment" and I would answer her "you are a non-special villager" or similar, if I am able.)

To be clearer and further elaborate! Some PMs will have "-", some will use ":" , some will use ".)" or even any variety and different colors, one color, no color, some may use a variety of some of them or all of the above or something completely different entirely, even foreign words and/or weird 끀, and some may use none of that all, and it will all mean nothing!

DO NOT TRY TO BREAK THE GAME
, it is unbreakable, and trying to do such will just anger the moderator and will likely lead to
PUNISHMENT

III.) -
use of the [quote.][./quote] function like this for PMs + PTs is
NOT PERMITTED
!
don't use this quote function if quoting or pretending to quote from a PM or PT!
- Players
are
allowed to "quote", pretend to quote, paraphrase to any degree, or refer to any part of their role PM or any PTs they are a part of unless specifically indicated otherwise in the PM or PT! Use of "" quotes when quoting or pretending to quote is not at all required, just whatever you do don't use the quote feature. - clear?

6. - No cryptoclaiming or encrypted posts. No hidden or broken text. No spoiler trees >7. No editing of posts.

7. - DAYs have 3 different
STAGES
(not as complex as it may seem.) I will make a post clearly notifying players that there has been a
STAGE
change when they happen and what the requirements for that stage are.

---
BE SURE
to know what
STAGE
in the Day it is
before
making a post ---

I -
MORNING
- This means everyone is awake, present, and the Day's discussions have gotten under way. Players may post, but
MAY NOT VOTE
during this stage, ever.

II -
AFTERNOON
- The Day and it's discussions are well under way. Players
MAY VOTE
and post as normal during this stage.

III -
EVENING
- Each player is only permitted to make
ONE POST ONLY
during this stage that has anything in it
other than a vote
. If you make more than 1 post during the
EVENING
stage it
MAY ONLY
contain a
vote-status change

After the Evening stage there may or may not be a TWILIGHT where votes will be LOCKED in place but players may continue to post until threadlock.

NOTE: players making posts not meeting the specific stage rules will incur a warning and potential penalties upon multiple violations.

If there are any questions / concerns about any of the stages,
SEND ME PM

8. - To vote for a player use the VOTE: VOTE TAG.
Bolded
votes will
NOT
be counted. Players may VOTE: No Lynch.

-
LYNCH
es are achieved by voting! There may be potentially different and alternate ways lynches, deaths, and Days-ending occur in this game with hidden triggers, mechanics, attributes, influences, or whatever else all as possibilities.

Varying and shifting deadlines, deadline triggers, and mechanics that can influence the deadline and EoD to different capacities may exist in this game. Don't worry, my goal isn't to fuck you over "haha suckers!" in any way.

9. - Posting frequency guidelines will vary throughout the game and will be made clear at their different points. Don't worry about other players' participation levels, I will be moderating it closely. (do not ask me to prod players)

10. -
ANY
reference, allusion, or mentioning at all of
ANY
other ongoing games is
STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
. Don't even think about other games when you're thinking about this game, just to be safe! Mentioning / reference to any degree of this game outside of this game is strictly forbidden. I am more strict about this than most moderators, DO NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to breaking this rule!

11. - if you must ask to be replaced do so by
SENDING ME A PM
!
DO NOT
mention it in the game thread. I will swiftly and quietly replace you if it is needed, but I hope this doesn't happen at all.

- please try not to go V/LA, but if you must, please notify me
via PM
, DO NOT notify me in the game thread. If you are unable to post for a period of 5 or more days, I ask that you request a replacement.

-
Any and all Private Topics will be released immediately upon completion of the game. No redactions or permissions accepted
. -
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:28 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

- shortly after dawn, October 9, 1663 - (population: 53)

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!" A woman's blood-curdling screams broke the tranquil silence of the morning from somewhere deep within the woods that encompassed the small community of Maplewood Village. More, terrible screams of "NOOOOOOOOOoooo! Nooooo! Jamie?! JAMIE!?" in a harsh repeating cry echoed through the forest and fog. And then another terrifying set of screams - the woman's thoughts and fears confirmed. "OH, GOD! God, NO!!! Nooooooooooooo!! Jamie! Jaaamiiee!" The forest air was quite cool in the early October morning, but it was made even colder by the screams and sobs that cut through its otherwise peaceful depths. "Nooooooooo!! Noooooo! Oh, Jamie! Oh, God! Whyyyyyyyyyyyy? God, nooooooo!...nooooo!!!..." She wept and screamed in an awful agony of loss and terror for, what seemed for the moment to her to be, the rest of her life. She felt like she was dying from the shock and the sudden grief.

Everyone within the vicinity who was outside in the early morning hours - chopping and gathering wood and kindling, getting the early morning fires started to begin cooking for the day, tending animals, gathering water from their wells, and some simply sitting on their porches smoking a pipe or playing an instrument or enjoying a cup of tea or coffee before getting to the day's work - heard the awful cries come through the woods. Each stopped what they were doing and listened at first, and once the screams continued, most set off running into the forest and fog in search of their source.

One of the villagers had been up with his eight-year-old son on their way to go fishing. They dropped their gear and set off running toward the sound of the screams. The boy had run along with his father after the first set of screams, but upon the second set of screams, which confirmed just how dire whatever had happened probably was, the man told his son to run to The Community Home and ring the bell to gather the rest of the villagers there. He told him to tell them of the screams and to wait for him to come back to tell them all what had happened, and then they both set off running into the woods in opposite directions.

-
MORNING
-

A handful of the villagers arrived within moments of each other to the sight of a loudly-sobbing woman. A few more people who had heard the screams arrived, and then the rest who had heard her all found their way to the sight within a few more minutes of each other.

They found Sandra Miller, covered in blood, kneeling in a pool of a dark sticky mass that was mostly guts, bone, and blood, holding a few small pieces of what could only be shredded human - a limp, bloody mass of skeleton plus, mangled and beyond recognition. By the size of the remains and from the long, seemingly blonde-colored hair (there was no face, and the hair could barely be seen because of the blood), and more certainly because of the identity of the owner of the screams, most at the scene quickly came to the realization that it was Sandra's eldest daughter, Jamie, whose remains Sandra held and was sobbing over. It didn't look as though a single inch of Jamie's soft pale skin remained.

Sandra's brother, Earl, was one of those who arrived to the scene with the rest. He knelt in front of her at a pace and gently reached for her hand and drew her attention up to his face. She was in such shock she had not seen that anyone was even there up until that point, and with his quick distraction he was able to deftly remove the remains from her arms without resistance. He set them on the ground at their side, and quickly wrapped his arms around Sandra. He began to sob with her as their embrace tightened, and everyone else waited quietly and respectfully while they all took some moments to process and feel their pangs of sorrow and loss that they all felt to varying degrees. After several minutes of her wailing into his chest and him holding her and crying with her, he spoke.

"Do you have any idea what happened?"

She was able to stop her sobbing briefly and she looked at him with a dead blank stare.

"I... " She looked around at the others gathered, grasping for any sort of explanation from them as much as they were from her. "I...just found... I was looking for... I found..." She looked back down and noticed she no longer held the remains of her daughter. She saw them on the ground at her side, almost as she had first found them and she reached for them, again, as she had the first time.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Again she screamed and broke into a heavy weep. Earl grabbed her again, stood her up, and gave her a quick shake before she got too lost in her sorrowful wails.

"Look at me," he said as he shook her. "What happened?" She broke from her resumed cries.

"She...she had gone off to collect mushrooms...very early, before sunrise..." she gasped for air to continue "...and, then she, she didn't show up to help start breakfast..." *gasp* "... she had been gone too long and...*gasp*, she started speaking faster "and I got worried, and I started looking for her..." *gasp*, and faster "...and I called, and she didn't answer, and...I got this horrible feeling, and I started running, and I just ran, and then...I...I....found..." She broke. She looked down at her daughter's pieces of nightgown in her hands again, and again began weeping. Earl just stood there and held her while the others began to talk among themselves.

-

"Was it a bear perhaps?" suggested someone from the group of villagers that had gathered to be witness to the aftermath. Another villager knelt down beside Sandra and Earl and looked around the pool of blood and pile of bones to see if anything else could be determined besides what was already obvious.

A couple of the others looked around for signs of anything. "I don't see any tracks of anything" one person said, and others agreed that they didn't either. The scene gave no indications either way of anything that happened other than Jamie Miller having been horribly mutilated and seemingly devoured from head to toes.

"A bear wouldn't do this." Added one person as they assessed what they could on their own.

"Could it have been something rabid?" A woman from the group asked.

"I think something rabid would have just killed and ran, not..." he spoke in a quieter voice so as not to be heard by Sandra "not, eaten practically
all
of the flesh. It looks to me like something, or things, was very hungry."

Someone else added: "It's so fresh, and it doesn't sound like she'd been missing for long. Even starving bears would have taken longer than that to eat even a small child, I think, and bears aren't aggressive like this, not normally."

"It's seems impossible to tell what happened," added another from the group.

Just then, wolves howled. They sounded close, within a few hundred yards, and it could be determined that there were at least three of them, but there could have been more, no one was sure.

"WOLVES!" A man half-shouted it as the revelation came to them all. The word came out louder than he intended and it startled him and everyone else. They all went still and looked out into the cold depths of the forest, all more scared than any of them ever recalled being before. The man's shout of "WOLVES" echoed through the woods and they all paused in the silence, ears sharpened to hear anything they could.

Minutes passed.

More howls came from deep within the cold fog. This time they were farther away.

"I haven't heard wolves around here before ever." A man whispered to the others as quietly as he could.

It was true, there had been a complete absence of the spotting or hearing of any wolves anywhere around the area ever before, as far as anyone knew. There had never been any evidence showing that they'd ever had a presence anywhere near here, and probably never anywhere within the entire 100 miles down to Benton and probably even farther north in the entirety of the time people had been living in the area. It had even been noted several times over the years by various people that it was perhaps a bit odd that there weren't ever any wolves around, and yet the deer and moose populations never seemed to get out of hand, either.

Most in the village simply didn't think about it much or just felt lucky to be in an area that was not inhabited by wolves and didn't give it a second thought.

"Wolves shouldn't act like this, though. And if we haven't seen them around here before, well, I think something could be wrong with these wolves." Someone from the group shared their thoughts on the matter.

"WHERE would the wolves have suddenly come from?" Someone else from the group asked, though not as if he was expecting anyone had an answer.

"Where indeed?" Said another.

There was certainly plenty and all manner of wildlife around, but never before had they seen or heard any sign of wolves, which
was
a bit odd.

Suddenly, again, they all startled as wolves howled from a far away distance and the sound echoed through the forest to them, as if to make sure their presence was known to the villagers. There were wolves here now, they all knew it, and the wolves seemed hungry enough to eat a little girl, and that wasn't normal.

Sandra spoke. "WOLVES?! I did hear them this morning! I didn't even..." She looked at the blood all over her and the ground and began to cry again.

"Come," Earl said. "Let's take her back to The Community Home and tell the rest of the villagers what we know."
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:32 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

-
AFTERNOON
-

They all made their way back to The Community Home where the rest of the townspeople had gathered from the ringing of the bell. Earl, Sandra, and some of the others who had seen the scene explained to the rest what was known and gave their views and perspective on the happenings.

After several hours of discussion around the circumstances surrounding Jamie's death and everything else under the moon that seemed like it might be relevant, which for some suspicious in the group included the fact that there had been a Full Moon the night before, they eventually all came to the consensus that in case there were in fact a dangerous pack of wolves in the area, they should act on the side of caution and take precautions to protect the overall well-being of the community and village.

And so they finally agreed that what was best was for the majority of them to leave Maplewood Village and stay in Benton for at least a few months while a smaller group stayed to watch over the village to try to determine what, if anything, was going on and further decide what should be done to handle it.

You all are the members of the community who stayed behind.
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:56 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

it is currently:

EVENING
- Each player is only permitted to make
ONE POST ONLY
during this stage that has anything in it other than a vote. If you make more than 1 post during the
EVENING
stage it
MAY ONLY
contain a vote-status change.
Last edited by drealmerz7 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 14 times in total.
balance among all things
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

Hi guys
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:08 am

Post by Cabd »

Hi gals.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:11 am

Post by Cabd »

Young sexy lumberjack seeks young virgin bride who enjoys long walks in the forest alone with inability to scream.

Inquire within.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:15 am

Post by fferyllt »

Oh?

Idic
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:20 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 7, Cabd wrote:Young sexy lumberjack seeks young virgin bride who enjoys long walks in the forest alone with inability to scream.

Inquire within.
Goddammit, I can't leave you alone for a minute, can I.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:27 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Cabd wins
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Layla »

By young you mean mid 30s right? :P
La la la
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:34 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 7, Cabd wrote:Young AT HEART sexy lumberjack seeks young virgin bride who enjoys long walks in the forest alone with inability to scream.

Inquire within.
Show

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

The inability to scream part is a bit offputting.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:50 am

Post by Cabd »

Well, that was the intent.
Show

Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:51 am

Post by Layla »

Townreading Cabd for now.
La la la
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

heh

Idic
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:55 am

Post by Layla »

It's purely flavor reason.
La la la
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Heyo.

Given mod posts and queue posts IMO
this setup is likely scumsided
. I plan on playing under that assumption. That is all.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:17 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Ya'll mean to tell me that this here town has got itself run over with some feckin wolves? Oh lawdy this is not what the good lord promised. Not one bit!

Allow me to introduce myself to all you kindly folks. My name is Ryan McHenry, but ya'll better be calling me Mick on account of that darned other Ryan coward who thinks he can just toodle on down to Benton and skip out on the danger. I have half a mind to pilfer some of his things, you feel me? Skipping out on the danger and stealing my gosh darned name? Not on my watch, Mister!

VOTE: Patricia Morris
I'm still angry witcha for turning down my generous proposal of a dance at the seasonal festival, so you can have this here vote and keep that Ma'am.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:19 am

Post by Chara »

sounds about right.

VOTE: Layla
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:21 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

RIP not voting party

VOTE: Varsoon for being a scummy mcscumface
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

btw i have 17 daycop guilties on cabd
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Layla »

Based on your own assumption, I don't believe that at all!
La la la
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:34 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 23, Layla wrote:Based on your own assumption, I don't believe that at all!
You worry me.

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”