Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by Scioness Sajj »

In post 1162, NicoRobin wrote:Who wants to be that random is the Goblin King?

VOTE: randomidget

My first vote is in the works. Congratulations!
I think that Goblin King's stuff is just events, not player's actions.
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Reality Check »

I'd case Shoshin, but it's the kind of case I can't really articulate beyond "look and think about it in these terms"

it's like trying to read peregrinev, either you can do it or you can't
"Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."

Ankamius + mastina hydra
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by the worst »

that's kinda how I feel with Shoshin she's scummy and anti town as shit and it's got me to the point of like....... is this rly scum? WIFOM
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Reality Check »

actually, the point that is convincing for me is that her entire iso isn't displaying it, only specific chunks are
"Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Scioness Sajj »

idk, sometimes i feel like i'm reading her for character. like some bad combo of ego and lack of experience.

i'm on board with hypothetical aa9 lynch btw
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Scioness Sajj »

In post 1301, Reality Check wrote:I'd case Shoshin, but it's the kind of case I can't really articulate beyond "look and think about it in these terms"
something like that would help me in general. so if you have time please do.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by the worst »

incorrect we are lynching creature today
--
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Scioness Sajj »

not as exciting but also fine choice
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Scioness Sajj »

VOTE: creature

don't want to end the day before we get replacements.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1299, Scioness Sajj wrote:it looks like you are interacting with people to the point you can get a scumread on them and you cling to that.
That's not what I'm doing - see my interaction with Nancy, for example - so I don't know why that's the sense you're getting. I've tried interacting with the players who are here but it's not going well and I can't figure out what the problem is. I'm trying to make things happen and to inject some adrenaline into what feels (or felt) like a toxic gamestate, I'm engaging players, asking questions, trying to talk about reads, trying to refine reads, but instead I'm getting a lot of hostility and aggression or simply getting ignored.

I tried discussing reads with you - I asked you some questions, I tried engaging you about the game - but instead of talking with me about things you responded sort of curtly and soon after you voted me. Alright, great. We didn't get very far. We didn't reach any sort of understanding about anything. No discussion. Just me engaging you, trying to discuss stuff, and then you voting me after barely putting any effort into discussing anything with me. It feels like I'm trying to figure things out, trying to engage with players, asking them why I'm wrong about things, but for some reason it's not going anywhere. Not much I can do about that. There's only so much a single player can do.

It's the same thing with the worst. I try interacting with the worst but he refuses to answer any of my questions or discuss the things I want to discuss with him - how am I supposed to react to that? I tell him that it's making me paranoid about his alignment and ask him kindly to interact with me so that he can help me townread him and we can work on refining reads - he continues to ignore me. I'm doing my best not to let my paranoia get the best of me but when I'm confronted with a choice between suspecting perpetual lurkers or the guy who posts more than anyone else but doens't seem to actually be saying much plus can't even spend a second to explain one of his reads to me or to engage with me about the game, what am I supposed to do? I scumread that player because I find what he's doing pro-scum in effect.

I point out something in Random's posts that were pinging me, his reaction to Nico - but instead of walking me through his thorugh process he immediatley gets defensive and calls my post a "misrep." Okay, great. Now he's calling me scum and saying all my stances are random when they're not. What am I supposed to do on that front? Townread the guy? I think it'd be weird if I weren't concerned about the way he responded to me. I reread his posts trying to figure out what I can, trying to see if there's any hints of town, but all I'm seeing is scum - so I try talking with my townreads about him (e.g. Nancy) because I'm trying to figure shit out and to get input from others. But apparently that's me "clinging" to a scumread. Okay...

I don't get what you're expecting. I'm here, I'm trying to figure stuff out, I'm explaining in as much detail why I think what I think, and I'm engaging the players in the game as much as I can to better understand their thought process...
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Scioness Sajj »

In post 1273, Shoshin wrote:I point out that Random's hostility towards Nico feels unnatural and Random immediately calls that a "misrep." Does anyone other than Random think I'm misrepping Random by saying his hostility towards Nico felt unnatural?
I do.

p.edit - o boy lots of words to read
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Scioness Sajj »

short answer 1309

i expect you to push for the answers you want to get i guess.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1310, Scioness Sajj wrote:
In post 1273, Shoshin wrote:I point out that Random's hostility towards Nico feels unnatural and Random immediately calls that a "misrep." Does anyone other than Random think I'm misrepping Random by saying his hostility towards Nico felt unnatural?
I do.
How so? What'd I misrep?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1302, the worst wrote:that's kinda how I feel with Shoshin she's scummy and anti town as shit and it's got me to the point of like....... is this rly scum? WIFOM
What's so "scummy and anti town"?
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Scioness Sajj »

p sure that Random's hostility towards Nico comes from previous games they played together; Nico also confirmed that. Nico had poor showing late D1 so his reaction is understandable.

the baby with powers things - i came to the same conclusion Random did first time around; i didn't see the movie.
---

i have to wake up in two hours so i will answer you later but thewrost said you can start a convo with him about me, so maybe poke him a little in the meantie.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1314, Scioness Sajj wrote:p sure that Random's hostility towards Nico comes from previous games they played together; Nico also confirmed that. Nico had poor showing late D1 so his reaction is understandable.

the baby with powers things - i came to the same conclusion Random did first time around; i didn't see the movie.
---

i have to wake up in two hours so i will answer you later but thewrost said you can start a convo with him about me, so maybe poke him a little in the meantie.
Where's the misrep? It's fine to disagree that the posts were unnatural but that doesn't make anything I said a misrep.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1300, Scioness Sajj wrote:
In post 1162, NicoRobin wrote:Who wants to be that random is the Goblin King?

VOTE: randomidget

My first vote is in the works. Congratulations!
I think that Goblin King's stuff is just events, not player's actions.
I agree and I think that Joral hit the nail on the head when he said that the 3 players were chosen by postcounts. I also think the underground thing explains the worst/Reality read changes on each other. @Shoshin

IOW, pay close attention to the mechanics people. Read changes following Jareth/TGK “singing” aren’t either sus or scummy in any way. Sudden inexplicable readchanges not based on either actual gamestate/ISO evidence or mechanics, definitely are.

That’s why Angel sudden hardtown Creature read is highly sus, because it can neither be explained either by gamestate or mechanics.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1314, Scioness Sajj wrote:i have to wake up in two hours so i will answer you later but thewrost said you can start a convo with him about me, so maybe poke him a little in the meantie.
I've already tried starting multiple conversations with him about you... but sure...

the worst, this is me reaching out to you yet again to talk about Sajj.
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Reality Check »

I strongly believe the underground thing is very much a player action

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by Scioness Sajj »

Idk what he exactly means by misrep but I remember him explaining that he misunderstood the baby thing. That would be a misrep I guess?

Maybe be more specific? Ask about my posts or behaviors that you scumread.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by the worst »

same here tbh my theory about it being maybe non user actions was mostly around the fact it was soundtrack order. this is prolly a scum dreaming god or JOAT or maybe factional 1 shots
--
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1304, Scioness Sajj wrote:idk, sometimes i feel like i'm reading her for character. like some bad combo of ego and lack of experience.

i'm on board with hypothetical aa9 lynch btw
There is no world where Creature is scum and Angel is town in this game.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Scioness Sajj »

In post 1318, Reality Check wrote:I strongly believe the underground thing is very much a player action
It looks about the same as today's masquerade. Do you think it is also player action?
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by Reality Check »

In post 1322, Scioness Sajj wrote:
In post 1318, Reality Check wrote:I strongly believe the underground thing is very much a player action
It looks about the same as today's masquerade. Do you think it is also player action?
that's why it's very very likely a player action

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by Reality Check »

In post 1320, the worst wrote:same here tbh my theory about it being maybe non user actions was mostly around the fact it was soundtrack order. this is prolly a scum dreaming god or JOAT or maybe factional 1 shots
look at undertale mafia

the third party had actions with effects similarish to this (Maxous' role for reference)

Ankamius + mastina hydra

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”