Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Party Boat »

aight nancy next

so if you made me guess now I'd say I think Nancy's town but I think that her playstyle (overly emotional, tons and tons of kind of Frozen-angel esque posts) is really hard for me to read, especially early game.

Like her posts are a little light on content/depth but are generally fine-good imo, it just feels like she's playing in a very different way than I do in that it feels like she's kind of making in-game friends/enemies and then sticking to them for a bit rather than separating out people's content/appeals to her from whether or not she thinks they're likely scum and though I think the tone and general reactions to things feel more town than not, I'm not going to be confident in her being town until there are a few more flips and I can separate out some of her interactions into *her talking to town* and *her talking to scum* and see if they look different.

TheBrie:
I don't really like her #560 post about not wanting to vote a 'doomed' player even though she thinks leo is scum. I feel like her push on varsoon feels like scum pushing someone they know is scum for towncred? Like most of my read on her is just that a lot of her posts feel posturey and it's really hard to tell if she believes in anything she's saying given that she hasn't voted anyone in like a week. She def. took her time in Echo Bay Grits to shoot if I'm remembering that correctly so it's not really out of character for her to waffle about stuff like this I think. I do think her reads are alright from what I remember? But she also was very willing to shrug off previous scumreads (varsoon and jaylow/saul in particular, of which maybe I'm wrong on one but I REALLY think at least one of those two is scum) basically just for them replacing out (viewtopic.php?p=10642554#p10642554 for varsoon, also said she'd just give saul a pass and forget that jaylow was in slot later on).
She just has tons of things that feel more like commenting on the game rather than trying to solve it and I think that's a little more likely to come from scum. I WOULD really like to see her boldly put out a lengthy readslist with reasons considering that it feels like she's waffling on everyone in the game right now though.

light_ganski:
is a SNEAKY MOFO as I know from echo bay grits but her scumreads are good and her towniest reads are good and her reactions to in-game things are good
she just needs to post like literally twice as much for me to be comfortable calling her town or she's maybe just scum posting legit thoughts but lurking most of the time because it's the best scum strat in the game
I'd say more likely town than not but POST plz my friend I beg of u
Party Boat
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:33 am

Post by Party Boat »

last ones are fast and easy so ill just do them now i guess

ausuka:
so much lurk
so little content

wisdom:
mood/posting fits gamestate
bein' lazy as hell with like 1-2 line posts but at least trying to lynch people
wouldn't even put bussing gemerald past him honestly b/c damn that'd be a lot of town cred that would last all game
my gut says he would maybe try slightly harder as scum but like...that's dumb b/c this game is dumb and nobody actually has to care about it b/c no deadlines

vonflare:
is vonflare
i don't really think he's likely scum but given his claim and how dumb the game atm is i'd consider lynching him anyway if enough people actually wanted to
shrug city
Party Boat
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:30 am

Post by Party Boat »

I'll do one bonus one b/c jingle mentioned not liking me for it earlier actually and I lean town on him atm

Theta: is very likely town
first of all, FACTS: theta immediately suspected leo when leo claimed jailkeeper with no mention of it before that, waited until the wagon was dying down to claim jailkeeper himself, and then replaced out shortly into day 2

the argument for town theta: literally everything he did makes perfect sense for town to do in that situation when they think they'll get a scum lynch out of claiming, but want to wait to see if they can get scum lynched without needing to first. replacing out after fucking up and being upset about it I also think makes more sense for town to do than scum, but tbf he also had another reason for replacing out so feel free to ignore this point if you feel like it.

argument 1 for scum theta: he is scum jailkeeper who thought he could get away with counterclaiming a town one for a free mislynch. a) It doesn't really seem worth it for a day 1 lynch, especially when the highest other wagon was at 3 votes at the time so another town player was more likely than not going to be the lynch anyway and they can probably just kill leo either that night or later given the suspicion on him b)it means he's outed as a jailkeeper and is pretty much forced into sub-optimal targets for the rest of the game if he's scum to avoid just being outed as scum, when blocking things like tracker/watcher/vigs/etc seem like much much better ideas

argument 2 for scum theta: he is scum not-jailkeeper who just wanted a dead town jailkeeper. Either he's a roleblocker, in which everything above applies, or just like a goon and would be outed as scum as soon as someone he claimed to roleblock was not roleblocked. SEEMS DUMB.

argument 3: he is a scum jailkeeper, who thinks the game is mirrored multiball, and wants to kill the other scum's jailkeeper. problem: this basically outs him to the other scumteam as also a scum jailkeeper, and he is immediately shot in the face at worst, and at best is still basically outed to the other scumteam. seeeeeeeems dumb.

so like
when the best argument for someone being scum is "he thought it would be a good idea to handicap his scumteam against other PRs to lynch a jailkeeper day 1"
I don't think it's correct. and the way theta claimed comes from town like 96 times out of 100.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:35 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2049, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2046, Jingle wrote:
In post 2032, Xtoxm wrote:btw at person
party boat bragged in the hood that id never get more than 3 votes on him today
you have 3 votes
wanna make him lose the brag
Yes. Yes I do.

VOTE: Party Boat
In post 2034, Wisdom wrote:the claim does nothing for me
Agreed. Gamma wagon viability doesn't change because of the claim.
Still don't particularly care to lynch Gamma
What do you make of this, @Wisdom?

PB made that post like on January freaking 6th!. :shifty:

So, FL and Xtoxm are never w/w and FL is also never w/w with Jingle either.

FL isn’t opposed to Gamma lynch, so Gamma scum, townlocks FL, I think.

This sudden weird push on PB, just conveniently happening as Gamma wagon gets some traction?

Another good look for Flavor, there was virtually no resistance to his wagon. :thinking:

Also, Jingle is it just my imagination or do you seem very different here than in Overkill 1?
VOTE: Jingle
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

And @Xtoxm, how is a statement of fact, a “brag”, exactly? And if PB’s January 6th post was such an alleged game changer, why did it take you 8 days to mention it?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Party Boat
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Party Boat »

tbf

jingle didn't know it was from like a week+ ago
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2055, Party Boat wrote:tbf

True but don’t you think his vote on you was strange? Also, I played with Jingle in Overkill 1 and he seems very different here.

Town!Jingle is much more easygoing, open, fun. His tone seems off. It’s a really nuts reason to vote for someone. I think if Jingle flips red, so does Xtoxm and maybe Gamma.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Party Boat
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Party Boat »

In post 2056, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2055, Party Boat wrote:tbf

True but don’t you think his vote on you was strange? Also, I played with Jingle in Overkill 1 and he seems very different here.

Town!Jingle is much more easygoing, open, fun. His tone seems off. It’s a really nuts reason to vote for someone. I think if Jingle flips red, so does Xtoxm and maybe Gamma.
he was already scumreading me, there were some details in a spoiler in one of his earlier posts
part of it was me treating leo differently than theta for the same claim which I didn't explain until literally just now

waiting until xtomx says I'm bragging about shit is silly but I can see it coming from town and this game is silly so whatevs
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I know Theta pretty well. I was the IC in a couple of her newbie games, and she’s played in some BooneyToonz games, and I don’t think she makes that counter claim at all as scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I also feel like Jingle is a big reason the wagon on me stopped, and that is not a scum motivated action. Let alone, I was called obv2014 town Boon, which is a crazy meta read on me because of how different I normally am since then, and how accurate of a read that was.

Party Boat has done some good work, and I just think he’s town. I’ve been scum with him before. We won. The scum team was just us, it was multiball, so I feel like I have a good grasp on how they play as scum, and this feels drastically different. I mean, it’s year’slater, but still.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

VOTE: Gamma
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2049, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Also, Jingle is it just my imagination or do you seem very different here than in Overkill 1?
Yarp.
In post 2056, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Town!Jingle is much more easygoing, open, fun. His tone seems off. It’s a really nuts reason to vote for someone. I think if Jingle flips red, so does Xtoxm and maybe Gamma.
Narp.

I endorse Jingle votes. I'd be happy to lynch Xtoxm, so feel free to start a wagon there. Vote on PB stands.

Also, it's cute that you think I can be meta'd off of one game. :mrgreen:
This is a Parachute.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2047, Party Boat wrote:you know this effort thing i'm doing

why don't you try it
Nah. Im okay
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2062, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 2047, Party Boat wrote:you know this effort thing i'm doing

why don't you try it
Nah. Im okay
I actually think kokichi made a good play earlier.

Moving on.

I think Gamma’s just the play for today.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I feel his theta case was just a gambit, a solid one, maybe even super genuine, but I don’t necessarily think it’s coming from town.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2042, singletonking wrote:
In post 2025, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m a roleblocker. THAT is why I’d been pushing Theta: I GREATLY doubt there’s 2 Jailkeepers and a roleblocker all town in this game.
Eh
I actually buy this as a valid reason to push Theta, in that I don't think there are 2 town Jailkeepers and a roleblocker
But the problem is that I still believe Theta's CC was quite town while I am scumreading Gamma
On the other hand I don't think Gamma pseudo-CCs like this as scum

I am leaning Gamma scum from this, but I want to first look at the self-resolving thing people have said because I forgot the details of it and I think it may be important. I'm too tired to do it now, though.
What makes more sense: 2 JKs or JK + roleblocker?
If you’re gonna vote between me and Theta, vote Theta.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah, nuke my fucking wagon if I get lynched. There’s no fucking way I get MORE pressure after a claim like this unless scum are bum-rushing me.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Mechanically, sure. But in my early days of modding, I went out of my way to try and create a double JK setup because I liked the WIFOM it brought.

Mixed in with that, I don’t see ScumTheta ever counterclaiming there as scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Man, if Gamma is scum, the AtE is working on me.

If he’s town, it’s working on me.

Oi.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Does anyone else have any mad paranoia with Nancy slot?
Wagonomics
Wagonomics
Goon
Wagonomics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Wagonomics »

In post 2069, Flavor Leaf wrote:Does anyone else have any mad paranoia with Nancy slot?
a bit but I'm actually liking her a bit more today

know I need to do a market update soon, probably should add myself to the mutual fund at the rate I've been going lately lol
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Purrcocet »

no one ever listens to the kittys reads : (
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:03 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2071, Purrcocet wrote:no one ever listens to the kittys reads : (
I just told Nancy I’d listen to her Sheep read for the day, so I’m putting stock into her read.

However, I’m hard town reading Party and Xtoxm, so if there’s scum in my neighborhood, it’s probably Nancy.
Party Boat
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Party Boat »

I left Gemerald off my lists b/c if it's multiball I would very unsurprised if she was part of a scumteam opposing some combination of 2-3 of Flavor/Brie/Jaylow (now Saudade)

But if not she's prob town for how she reacted to Varsoon/Flavor

and frankly I'm more willing to stall the game out for either the rest of the replacements to come in and have opinions on her and the rest of the game (which includes Saud b/c I have no idea what he thinks of literally anyone except Nancy) or (much much less likely) wagonomics' vig shot than vote him any time soon.
Party Boat
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Party Boat
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Party Boat »

In post 2073, Party Boat wrote: and frankly I'm more willing to stall the game out for either the rest of the replacements to come in and have opinions on her and the rest of the game (which includes Saud b/c I have no idea what he thinks of literally anyone except Nancy) or (much much less likely) wagonomics' vig shot than vote *her* any time soon.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”