Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:40 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 542, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 499, Ramcius wrote:
In post 498, Elsa Jay wrote:He's doing better then the other AFK crew that can end the day. Don't grill him for wanting the game to go forward.
oh, i won't, once we agree to your lynch

but as we are now, we have no consensus on lynch, we barely have discussion and your friend here is trying end day without making any effort to find scum, so I feel like I have every right to grill him for it
I kinda dislike saying this, but I agree with the bolded part. Page 30 seems like an arbitrary number pulled out of an ass somewhere. Guy doesnt know where we are as a gamestate yet, and he is saying hes going to stop it in 8 pages (if he gets support from his othe r3) so he can catch up? Seems like an easy way to have all 5 scum votes on one unsuspecting player while the rest of us have our votes scattered and ultimately wasted.

Why would having all the scum hard claim day 1 be an issue exactly?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 573, Ultimate Liars wrote:We might actually just have to change our vote from Drewva to Alonzo based on the last few pages.

That would be rather unfortunate.

Nero is probably town, he annoys me way too much in every game I'm in with him to let that make him a scumread.

Really though, I want more activity from myself and others. Let's let this game draw out as long as possible!

-Tsumigi
Why do you want to drag out the day? That risks increased town apathy especially with the current rate of posting.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 295, profii wrote:
In post 293, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 253, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 180, profii wrote:Are we really debating the merits of using the word talk/type here >.<
Why did you use a dot/fullstop rather than a question mark here?
that’s a face lol
lol i think that can count as the almost 50 hydra slip of the day
ok mind explaining what you meant by this
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:16 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 448, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 446, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Because RCE had literally done nothing scummy.
Why do I have to think the same things as you?
Good question, worth review later.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:17 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 449, Thanos wrote:
In post 440, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Yeah I still don't agree. I'm oblivious as either alignment. I would think it was towny reasoning if they didn't have a myriad of posts and therefore other points you could have sorted them as town for.
Sure, *you* may be oblivious as either alignment -- that doesn't mean it's false that scum would likelier be aware of such a mechanic.
Feel free to disagree with me here, but I'm still sticking by it.
That slot usually has a lot of posts which I don't find AI.
This is also worth noting for review.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:18 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 579, davesaz wrote:
In post 449, Thanos wrote:
In post 440, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Yeah I still don't agree. I'm oblivious as either alignment. I would think it was towny reasoning if they didn't have a myriad of posts and therefore other points you could have sorted them as town for.
Sure, *you* may be oblivious as either alignment -- that doesn't mean it's false that scum would likelier be aware of such a mechanic.
Feel free to disagree with me here, but I'm still sticking by it.
That slot usually has a lot of posts which I don't find AI.
This is also worth noting for review.
You reading it how I'm reading it?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:32 am

Post by davesaz »

@RCE don't know how I'm reading it yet. Just marking for review.

Gamma seems town. Having 1/22 reads is progress in a game that doesn't have public votes. :lol:

I don't know if my way of identifying town A50 would work in a hydra situation. (this is a reminder to myself)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 581, davesaz wrote:Having 1/22 reads is progress in a game that doesn't have public votes.
Who says that's the case now though? :o
<Embrace The Void>

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Lets get this game going and lynch a fool before Christmas, K?
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 581, davesaz wrote:@RCE don't know how I'm reading it yet. Just marking for review.

Gamma seems town. Having 1/22 reads is progress in a game that doesn't have public votes. :lol:

I don't know if my way of identifying town A50 would work in a hydra situation. (this is a reminder to myself)
it should. we work pretty independently.
and i'm leaving the reins in Almost's hands for most of this, anyway.

1/22 is pretty good... but i have
two
reads. maybe even three. incredible.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

the liars are town too. that's 4. tremble.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 405, DrewVa wrote:Something_Smart -- does something_smart not like rolling scum?
I hate rolling scum but I don't post less

I've had an extremely busy last few days, this game started at a terrible time for me. I'm catching up now.

I will say though, as I'm catching up, I'm having a hard time finding things that feel worthwhile to talk about. Maybe it's the lack of public votes but from the few pages I've looked at just now, it feels like people are just talking each other in circles.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:53 pm

In post 454, Thanos wrote:Lol, I think Something_Smart did this as a joke, knowing that public votes aren't counted, to test for reactions.
I mean yes, but mostly it was just as an egopost and because I felt like it.
I'd like more content from the slot
Same. I'll be a lot more free this week, which is good because I do a lot better being able to respond to people in relative real-time than when I come back from a busy weekend to 10+ pages.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 575, RCEnigma wrote:Why would having all the scum hard claim day 1 be an issue exactly?
If they have 5 votes to use, all they have to hope for is no one else to have more than 4. I suppose if they put all those votes on the person we all consider to be most likely town that would be paramount to a scum claim, but if it we're me I would pick someone middle of the pack with enough "reasons" to be on them that defending my choice day 2 would be simple.

I get that he is one component out of 4 that needs to decide, 3 if you look at plaurality. I kinda think the ending of the day should still be a group decision and not just theirs.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:10 pm

In post 500, Xtoxm wrote:Alonzo wanting to end the day early is a little suspect.
Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:12 pm

It's almost certainly a bad idea to end the day this early.

But it would be very interesting to see where everyone puts their vote when they don't think anybody's watching.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:14 pm

In post 535, Nev and Max wrote:I didnt even think about that when he posted that self vote, did anybody really react to it?
I think somebody said something indicating they thought I misunderstood the mechanics (they must not know me, lol). Probably not indicative of alignment though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:18 pm

In post 338, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 55, Nero Cain wrote:Am I the only one that hasn't read the mechanics yet?
In post 56, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: Something_Smart
You guys have terrible footwork.
Here it is. Was kinda cryptic, assuming it was Performer because it doesn't sound like Cheeky.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 590, Something_Smart wrote:It's almost certainly a bad idea to end the day this early.

But it would be very interesting to see where everyone puts their vote when they don't think anybody's watching.
No it wouldn't

Half the town would be caught by surprise not voting and there would be a low threshold plurality lynch

Town should literally never vote to end day except in niche situations like guiltys
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@mod what happens if deadline is reached before 3 out of 4 delegates vote to end the day?
<Embrace The Void>

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 588, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 575, RCEnigma wrote:Why would having all the scum hard claim day 1 be an issue exactly?
If they have 5 votes to use, all they have to hope for is no one else to have more than 4. I suppose if they put all those votes on the person we all consider to be most likely town that would be paramount to a scum claim, but if it we're me I would pick someone middle of the pack with enough "reasons" to be on them that defending my choice day 2 would be simple.

I get that he is one component out of 4 that needs to decide, 3 if you look at plaurality. I kinda think the ending of the day should still be a group decision and not just theirs.
Ok but either 5 votes decide the Lynch as a scum collaborative effort (hard scum claiming) or town controls the lynch. I don't see the problem here.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 595, RCEnigma wrote:Ok but either 5 votes decide the Lynch as a scum collaborative effort (hard scum claiming) or town controls the lynch. I don't see the problem here.
I think we got a little further away from what I was saying than I'd like. I was agreeing that there is enough reason for anyone to question the arbitrary deadline set by Lonzo.

I dont know how anyone would be ok with him coming in on page 22, basically admitting he hasnt read anything, tells us he is going to vote to end the day on page 30 so he has
time to catch up
. This is just bad behavior all around. If you can't play, replace out.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Thanks Nev
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

Hey man, im just calling it like i see it. Saying you are going to vote to end things because youre behind is bullshit.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Boss reaction tests are never bulls hit Mon Frere, I just turned up the heat a little

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”