Post by Nev and Max »

• Davesaz
    Ramcius
    DrewVa
    Karmeleon

If there is a bullet point,
    that means they have voted
    to end day.
In post 2651, Ramcius wrote:I don't really follow you. How rolecop is towny role? I've seen it way more often as a scum role than town one in other games
It can be a town role. Use it to find scum outright, or to clear townies. If, as town, you role cop someone and then they say something that puts them at odds with what you know, boom you have a lead.

Why couldn't it be town?
Last edited by Boonskiies on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Btw I haven’t the last like 5 pages of D1
Did anything important happen there?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

As for Rolecop it has the fringe ability to get innos on things like Miller but the primary directive is checking for liars
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 2673, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 2671, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 2664, Ramcius wrote:
In post 2658, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 2424, Ramcius wrote:You know what is annoying and not contributing?
Half of this playerlist
a 96 page d1 where we argued over grammatical semantics among other stupid shit.
Are your Jimmie's rustled?
You're in that half btw
I'm fully aware. And like I said, a 96 page argument over the definition of words isn't something I want to fill my time with. Maybe we can avoid that stupid shit on day 2 and we can see higher participation. If anyone brings up there, their and they're I'm going to lose my shit.
They were a small portion of day 1's discussion and were arguably good reference points to pull reads from. Is it just not your cup of tea? Do you plan on steering the town since you didn't like the direction it went?

I don't see the merit in complaining about it now when it isn't relevant now.
I get lost in endless back and forth between 2-3 people posting walls upon walls of bickering over little inconsequential bullshit. It conflates the size of the game needlessly and leads to lower participation of the entire group and kinda puts the game into the hands of the most vocal.

I don't know if I have the voice to steer, but I plan on being here and speaking more. Max should be around more which will help me bounce ideas off of and keep up with the reading.

The merit comes from Rami pointing out we we're part of the quiet crowd yesterday, should I just tuck my chin down and be silent in response to him?
Emperors New Groove
Emperors New Groove
Goon
Emperors New Groove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Emperors New Groove »

In post 2675, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 2651, Ramcius wrote:I don't really follow you. How rolecop is towny role? I've seen it way more often as a scum role than town one in other games
It can be a town role. Use it to find scum outright, or to clear townies. If, as town, you role cop someone and then they say something that puts them at odds with what you know, boom you have a lead.

Why couldn't it be town?
He didn't say it couldn't be town. He said he's seen it way more often as a scum role than a town one, which I agree with.

From the wiki even:
Role Cops are actually a somewhat popular Mafia role, but have also been seen aligned with the Town.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 2674, RCEnigma wrote:Agree large games are a monster to keep track of.
If you agree why do I feel some shade coming my way from you?
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 2679, Emperors New Groove wrote:

Why couldn't it be town?
He didn't say it couldn't be town. He said he's seen it way more often as a scum role than a town one, which I agree with.

From the wiki even:
Role Cops are actually a somewhat popular Mafia role, but have also been seen aligned with the Town.
This seems like a weird hill to stand on for you. You're agreeing with me that role cop can be a town role, but are attacking me asking why it couldn't be town.

The first part of his post makes it seem like Rami doesn't believe rc can be a town role, "How rolecop is town role." I might have misunderstood him, but it seemed like to me that he was saying he didn't believe it could be a town role because he's seen it as scum more often.
Emperors New Groove
Emperors New Groove
Goon
Emperors New Groove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Emperors New Groove »

Where was I attacking you? I was pointing out you misread his post.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Ramcius »

Why couldn't it be town?
At this point I don't know what are you reading. I never said it can't be town role, I was arguing point that rolecop is more towny, i. e. that it used as town role more often as scum, so it would be accepted as a town on claiming. I have rather opposite experience and I would believe rolecop to be scum more often than town
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Ramcius »

towny =/= town...
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:39 am

Post by profii »

There were 3 games that had 3 people in
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

In post 2516, Thanos wrote:I, the great thanos, too, was in a BOONus round.

Had no idea another one took place. DrewVa must then be scum with one or both of the participants in my BOONus round. And that is worrisome because they won and I lost (which is no big deal to me as the prizes werent that great imo). But the worrisome part is that the prizes were SUPER scum beneficial. (They both got to choose one of:

- no night actions work on you
- you can choose a player to setup a neighborhood with
- cant be tracked

Now we know there are three bonus rooms. But drew claimed two. If the mod did infact say there were other gameS as they claim. Then that does not mean there is one other game. That was nothing but a scum slip. I am going to assume there was at least 1 scum in each room.

VOTE: drewva
In post 2522, Thanos wrote:
In post 2518, mcqueen wrote:Thanos- everything you just said has been covered
I know, just stating my reason for voting. And also those prizes I leaked are important to whoever is cop or tracker out there. Just keep that in mind.
+1
----------
In post 2549, Thanos wrote:
In post 2544, profii wrote:Oh I might as well claim this

I received a sticky fruit so I’m going to give the fruit to the person I made loyal and then I guess they can cop someone

There is no wiki page on sticky fruit. I assume it just gets passed round but I can use it to get that person to cop people

Maybe we can go loyal person -> target -> back to me -> back to secret loyal person -> cop someone -> back to me

And so on?
Due to the BOOnus round prizes, no one can be town confirmed by cop or any actions anymore imo.
Damn. Do you know if this is just for one night like n2, or for rest of the game?
In post 2583, DrewVa wrote:
In post 2580, BrightEyedFish wrote:tbh, I want all of my posts to talk about how DrewVa is scum and I want all of you to go and faith and believe me but I do feel DrewVa's day will come, the sooner the better... but to progress the game because there are other scum out there I was wondering:

Do you feel we benefited from the hidden votes on D1 and should we continue with hidden votes today and wait for the flip to see the votes or should we all be more transparent today?
Coming from someone who faked a guilty on town, why shouldn’t everyone believe you? Stop pushing this. You were wrong about hebi and me in Overkill 2, who you also sr there too, remember?

If you are even thinking about doing to me here what you did to hebi in THIS game, I promise it won’t be pretty. So I don’t know if you’re thinking of pulling that shit here or not but I wouldn’t recommend it.
At first this post highly pinged me to be focusing so much on a single past game, until BEF decided to follow-up with a post about faking guilties in multiple games. :facepalm:
In post 2643, Kokichi Oma wrote:So I might just have to replace in for our hydra. Hebichan went AWOL
Lol good to have you again man!

~ P
Love Cheeky and Performer xx
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2549, Thanos wrote:Due to the BOOnus round prizes, no one can be town confirmed by cop or any actions anymore imo.
where are you getting this from?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

In post 2657, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 2656, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 2418, BrightEyedFish wrote:***This is the time where I would usually fake a guilty claim on DrewVa.
Why didn't you then?
Believe me, I wanted to.
This is awkward from BEF but after observing a game with Lolwagon, PenguinPower, Malakitty, Sad Sheep, and others in it - starting to think BEF is town , in addition to his interaction with drewva.

Koki what are your thoughts so far. Do you have any updates today since you've been so forgettable the previous day??

TLK get back in here and give us vcs :lol:

~ P
Love Cheeky and Performer xx
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2680, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 2674, RCEnigma wrote:Agree large games are a monster to keep track of.
If you agree why do I feel some shade coming my way from you?
It doesn't really have anything to do with the previous post.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:31 am

Post by DrewVa »

Sorry about denying you in the Boonus round Alonzo, but I actually did not know whether BEF was really telling the truth so it was hard to care. I knew one of the two of us was getting a prize and not both. I veered on BEF telling the truth so he wouldn't get a prize because, simply put, I don't trust his judgment as either alignment and didn't want him fighting you for the vig shot. Sorry if that denied you the +1. As for Nancy's activity, she just let me handle it, and I was traveling toward the end of night cycle. -D
Show
Hydra of DVa and Nancy Drew 39

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2406, BrightEyedFish wrote:I was hoping for an AC filled D2 but that won't happen.
Why did you want him to be here on d2?
In post 2410, Ramcius wrote:I'm dissapointed in all of you, scum included
Why? We lynched scum. I'm sure you are disappointed that Nips lurked and got lynched though.
In post 2411, DrewVa wrote:gifted it to someone you wouldn’t expect
:( I mean, I'm right here. Sure scum can't leave me alive in LYLO but I would have used the vig before then. I'm just really heartbroken Nancy. But real talk, why would you not give it to me?
In post 2460, Alonzo wrote:Anyone corroborate Gammas Room C stories?
Why does this matter?

I don't know if this stuff continues beyond this point but it all seems very very dumb to me. Boons mini show-off game has two "alignments" blue and pink and thus has no relevance to the Christmas colors in the main game.

Its past now but I instantly wanted to claim.

I don't know why Nancy would ask if there was more than one room but I'm willing to buy that she was told by Boon.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Don’t think this was ever asked
In post 2404, Boonskiies wrote:
Last Night Tomorrow FACTS!!!

Did you know...that the Mafia Team has an additional factional ability that allows them the opportunity to pick one of themselves as a Day Rep? They don't have to use this ability, but starting Night 1, it definitely became available!
@Boon is this only able to make mafia the day rep or can town be selected as well?
<Embrace The Void>

Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 2692, Gamma Emerald wrote:Don’t think this was ever asked
In post 2404, Boonskiies wrote:
Last Night Tomorrow FACTS!!!

Did you know...that the Mafia Team has an additional factional ability that allows them the opportunity to pick one of themselves as a Day Rep? They don't have to use this ability, but starting Night 1, it definitely became available!
@Boon is this only able to make mafia the day rep or can town be selected as well?
Scum can still be able to become a Day Rep without using that ability, however using the ability can let them pick one of their teammates to become automatically one of the Day Reps.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 2691, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2406, BrightEyedFish wrote:I was hoping for an AC filled D2 but that won't happen.
Why did you want him to be here on d2?
In post 2410, Ramcius wrote:I'm dissapointed in all of you, scum included
Why? We lynched scum. I'm sure you are disappointed that Nips lurked and got lynched though.
In post 2411, DrewVa wrote:gifted it to someone you wouldn’t expect
:( I mean, I'm right here. Sure scum can't leave me alive in LYLO but I would have used the vig before then. I'm just really heartbroken Nancy. But real talk, why would you not give it to me?
In post 2460, Alonzo wrote:Anyone corroborate Gammas Room C stories?
Why does this matter?

I don't know if this stuff continues beyond this point but it all seems very very dumb to me. Boons mini show-off game has two "alignments" blue and pink and thus has no relevance to the Christmas colors in the main game.

Its past now but I instantly wanted to claim.

I don't know why Nancy would ask if there was more than one room but I'm willing to buy that she was told by Boon.
Well, at least you didn't disappoint me now, I knew you would blame me and ignore fact that I've put literally 0 efforts right before deadline to sway lynch despite seeing pushes on "my scumbuddy"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2694, Ramcius wrote:ignore fact that I've put literally 0 efforts right before deadline to sway lynch despite seeing pushes on "my scumbuddy"
How am I ignoring that? Yeah, you did nothing. I guess what you are claiming is that you cannot be scum with FN b/c you didn't try to derail his lynch and that's possible I guess but it's also possible that you didn't want to risk defending a dying buddy,
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 am

Post by davesaz »

I woke up 8 pages behind and it's still 8 pages.
At the bottom of 101.
Those are some interesting details that Thanos posted.
IIRC Gamma(?) didn't post details.
Thanos, was your game in room C?

Didn't someone claim to have a +1 to give during day yesterday, with what sounded like the same mechanics as the Game A mechanics? Game A players, was there stuff in your room before you started?

I'm going to have more to say about BOONus rounds later. I'd like to finish reading up to at least the point I post this.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 2695, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2694, Ramcius wrote:ignore fact that I've put literally 0 efforts right before deadline to sway lynch despite seeing pushes on "my scumbuddy"
How am I ignoring that? Yeah, you did nothing. I guess what you are claiming is that you cannot be scum with FN b/c you didn't try to derail his lynch and that's possible I guess but it's also possible that you didn't want to risk defending a dying buddy,
There was no risk, it would be consistent with my previous "I don't want lurker lynch" attitude
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

you don't think ppl would be the least bit suspicious if you tried to sway from the FN lynch? Either you are the most tone-deaf townie ever or you are scum that just shrugging off any criticism.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

anyways, I'm on pg 102 but I gotta go do things so I'll be back later to finish reading those 6 + whatever you fluff monkies produce.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”