BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:43 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2872, Lamees wrote:@BEF , I don't think the winners of BOONus round are the day reps. Because the two winners of round C are not on the list. Also there's a day 1, how were those chosen? Day 2 reps were probably chosen the same as day 1 reps. Town read you though, attempts at solving the day reps thing seems townie and genuine. I do remember reading that there is a pattern that we'll pick up on how the day reps are chosen. So you MIGHT be right. We'll need more samples to make that conclusion though.
There was 1 winner in Group A (Drew) , 2 in Group B (Dave and Karm), apparently 2 in Group C (??)
Is is entirely possible that the winners of Group C were replaced due to scum putting Ram as a Day Rep.

You're right, it's unknown how the D1 reps were chosen but I suspect randomly because there were no BOONus rounds before the game start. Boon said it would become "obvious" how they are chosen.

A bigger sample size will of course help us prove or disprove this.

However I strongly believe that we trust the stats instead of banking on a policy lynch or something that has less evidence to help us solve the game.

This is a classic case of when we should be using Occams razor.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:53 pm

Post by Ramcius »

• Davesaz
    Ramcius
    DrewVa
    Karmeleon

If there is a bullet point,
    that means they have voted
    to end day.
You using Occam's razor, when you can't prove anything? Either of other 3 can be scum, scum might chose not to use their ability (I don't see any advantage for scum having their day rep, especially, if this ability is public), there no confirmation that all 4 is from BOONus rounds. In short, you try to lynch me on some unconfirmed speculations

So, can we get TLK today? We need to deal with SS claim. No one want discuss his last second vote on Theta D1 either
Last edited by Boonskiies on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:56 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2876, Ramcius wrote:You using Occam's razor, when you can't prove anything? Either of other 3 can be scum, scum might chose not to use their ability (I don't see any advantage for scum having their day rep, especially, if this ability is public), there no confirmation that all 4 is from BOONus rounds. In short, you try to lynch me on some unconfirmed speculations

So, can we get TLK today? We need to deal with SS claim. No one want discuss his last second vote on Theta D1 either
Occams Razor is a method used to prove and/or explain something. And we do have confirmation on 3 of the Day Reps also being BOONus round winners.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

The advantage for Scum to be a Day Rep is also there. In this game a day rep has a possible power equivalent to hammering. They can either end or prolong the day if the leading wagon either helps or hurts the scum team.
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

BEF we're not lynching Ram. Ram is not scum.

~ C
Love Cheeky and Performer xx
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2872, Lamees wrote:@BEF , I don't think the winners of BOONus round are the day reps. Because the two winners of round C are not on the list. Also there's a day 1, how were those chosen? Day 2 reps were probably chosen the same as day 1 reps. Town read you though, attempts at solving the day reps thing seems townie and genuine. I do remember reading that there is a pattern that we'll pick up on how the day reps are chosen. So you MIGHT be right. We'll need more samples to make that conclusion though.

@gamma, why are you trying to hide scum benefit prizes?if I there's a possibility you're immune to tracking and night actions. I definitely need to inform town. Wtf is that green post lol.

@mcqueen, your defense of drewva (who seems to have 3 or 4 votes atm) comes off as scum defending scum. Please don't ask "why would I do that as scum".
I mean since everyone hates pants I’ll claim what I picked, which was the Neighborizer. I definitely didn’t feel like being Ascetic and while I could see utility to it, Ninja doesn’t work with my ability very well imo
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:06 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2880, Gamma Emerald wrote:

@gamma, why are you trying to hide scum benefit prizes?if I there's a possibility you're immune to tracking and night actions. I definitely need to inform town. Wtf is that green post lol.

@mcqueen, your defense of drewva (who seems to have 3 or 4 votes atm) comes off as scum defending scum. Please don't ask "why would I do that as scum".
I mean since everyone hates pants I’ll claim what I picked, which was the Neighborizer. I definitely didn’t feel like being Ascetic and while I could see utility to it, Ninja doesn’t work with my ability very well imo
Will you confirm if there was a 2nd winner in your group? You don't have to say a name.
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:06 pm

Post by Thanos »

I still would prefer for day 3 reps and boonus round info though. Also, keep in mind that winning a boonus round doesn't mean town alignment.

Boon mentioning that it would become obvious does make me suspect that you are right about how the 4 are selected. So if later we can confirm that your theory is correct, we know ram is confirmes scum. But for now it's too soon and we might lynch town.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2881, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 2880, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Will you confirm if there was a 2nd winner in your group? You don't have to say a name.
Why? Won’t you want to ask them the same things you asked me?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

You don't to say who it is.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’ll go with this, yeah there’s another winner. FYI if people start fishing for their identity I’m going to be displeased
<Embrace The Void>

Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:24 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 2885, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’ll go with this, yeah there’s another winner. FYI if people start fishing for their identity I’m going to be displeased
Fwiw I never mentioned names and never intended to. I just thought that it's in towns best interest to know about those kind of prize.

Due to POE, others figured out we are in group C together. Besides, the room will get used again with our posts still in there. Different prizes though.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That’s fair wrt rooms being used again, but it won’t necessarily be scum in a specific room
<Embrace The Void>

Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:30 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 2877, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 2876, Ramcius wrote:You using Occam's razor, when you can't prove anything? Either of other 3 can be scum, scum might chose not to use their ability (I don't see any advantage for scum having their day rep, especially, if this ability is public), there no confirmation that all 4 is from BOONus rounds. In short, you try to lynch me on some unconfirmed speculations

Occams Razor is a method used to prove and/or explain something. And we do have confirmation on 3 of the Day Reps also being BOONus round winners.
"Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that essentially states that the simplest solution tends to be the correct one."

Your solution isn't simplest, you just want easy mechanical lynch
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:33 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 2879, Cheeky Dancer wrote:BEF we're not lynching Ram. Ram is not scum.

~ C
If day 3 and 4 we find his theory is correct, you do know this confirms ram as scum right?

Pedit@ram, if we find out later that his theory is correct, how do you explain that? Or would you rather answer this when we find out if he's right or wrong
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:34 pm

Post by Thanos »

So tomorrow I guess we need players not to be tight lipped about the BOOnus rounds.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:35 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2888, Ramcius wrote:

"Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that essentially states that the simplest solution tends to be the correct one."

IMO, it's the simplest that has been presented so far. The rest is mostly WIFOM
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:39 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2890, Thanos wrote:So tomorrow I guess we need players not to be tight lipped about the BOOnus rounds.
I don't think the winners need to publicly declare what prize they chose unless they decide for themselves or if they gave them to someone else, but they should say the winner(s) of their respective groups.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:39 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 2888, Ramcius wrote:

it makes too much sense
3 rooms
3 day rep slots for winners
1 slot effectively chosen by scum
thats the basis i'll go with until i see evidence otherwise
fish just doesnt realise that wifom is a thing
im also assuming that scum can straight up choose a specific player and not just scum because why wouldnt that be a thing
boons wording was vague, likely intentionally

p-ed
half the game is involved in these things and for sure scum were involved
being tight lipped about them isn't going to achieve much
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:40 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

This will stop scum from using their day rep modifier and they will have to win their group to get on as a day rep.
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:40 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

In post 2889, Thanos wrote:

~ C
If day 3 and 4 we find his theory is correct, you do know this confirms ram as scum right?

Pedit@ram, if we find out later that his theory is correct, how do you explain that? Or would you rather answer this when we find out if he's right or wrong
What's the theory?

~ C
Love Cheeky and Performer xx
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:41 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2404, Boonskiies wrote:
Last Night Tomorrow FACTS!!!

Did you know...that the Mafia Team has an additional factional ability that allows them the opportunity to pick one of themselves as a Day Rep? They don't have to use this ability, but starting Night 1, it definitely became available!
@xt
They can only pick one of themselves.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:42 pm

Post by Ramcius »

~ C

Let me hammer TLK and it will give us a lot - if he's scum, i'll be pretty much conf town, if he's town SS, we both gonna be dead and 2 questionable slots out of the picture. If people don't trust me to hammer, just set couple scummy people before me and lynch me tomorrow, if I don't follow with hammer
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:45 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2897, Ramcius wrote:

~ C

Let me hammer TLK and it will give us a lot - if he's scum, i'll be pretty much conf town, if he's town SS, we both gonna be dead and 2 questionable slots out of the picture. If people don't trust me to hammer, just set couple scummy people before me and lynch me tomorrow, if I don't follow with hammer
If you are lynched or NKd and flip town, then I promise that I will takeover your promise to hammer TLK.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:45 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

"opportunity to pick one of themselves"

could you highlight the part that precludes using it on someone that isnt themselves?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”