Post by Nev and Max »

• Emperor flippyNips
    Alonzo
    Mcqueen
    Xtoxm

If there is a bullet point,
    that means they have voted
    to end day.
On whose fire? Its nice and frosty where I am.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 594, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@mod what happens if deadline is reached before 3 out of 4 delegates vote to end the day?

Day ends as usual.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 601, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 594, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@mod what happens if deadline is reached before 3 out of 4 delegates vote to end the day?

Day ends as usual.
Would a plurality lynch still occur?

Yep.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

In post 412, Thanos wrote:BEF seems to have genuinely believed in that slip, which makes me think he's town.
In post 415, Thanos wrote:From a scum POV, not voting in the main thread is probably an important mechanic they would've discussed if they had pre-game chat. This looks like a townslip, DrewVa is likely town.
In post 418, Thanos wrote:Similar slip here; town methinks. Also, this is one of the slots whose ISO actually feels like they're trying to gamesolve, I appreciate that.
Nev and Max are town.
In post 419, Thanos wrote:I'll throw in this slot into my town pool as well.
In post 454, Thanos wrote:Lol, I think Something_Smart did this as a joke, knowing that public votes aren't counted, to test for reactions.
I'd like more content from the slot, still gut-towning him for this.
In post 457, Thanos wrote:I'm liking Nero in this exchange.
Given his agreement on BEF, too - I'll throw him into my townpool as well. :3
I think Thanos is beating you all at reads atm.

~ C
Love Cheeky and Performer xx
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

In post 580, RCEnigma wrote:You reading it how I'm reading it?
How were you reading it?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 593, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 590, Something_Smart wrote:It's almost certainly a bad idea to end the day this early.

But it would be very interesting to see where everyone puts their vote when they don't think anybody's watching.
No it wouldn't

Half the town would be caught by surprise not voting and there would be a low threshold plurality lynch

Town should literally never vote to end day except in niche situations like guiltys
+1
Emperors New Groove
Emperors New Groove
Goon
Emperors New Groove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by Emperors New Groove »

Oh, hi. This started...

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 604, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 580, RCEnigma wrote:You reading it how I'm reading it?
How were you reading it?
That bef was town regardless of thanos alignment. In general an in depth read like that seems tmi given the context. Up to that point it was a pissing match between slots giving vague reads and slots angry at people giving vague reads while not doing anything differently.

It's a good opportunity to seem townie, was my first impression.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 486, Ramcius wrote:
In post 485, RCEnigma wrote:Jokes are antitown -Nero 2018
are you saying he's wrong?
I mean they can be. Like jokes/fluff in lieu of content shouldn't ever come from town. I say shouldn't bc it is a thing that bad town do that scum mimic. Also, bloating a thread with spam and the unfunny jokes you bad trolls make just makes the game harder to read for those with less time. Scums main objective is to not get lynched, being friendly and fluffy makes ppl likable and those that are likable are less likely to get wagoned and lynched.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

You may think they're unfunny, but above all elsa, they are an expression of self. Don't be so cold-hearted bro.

It's also not that hard to skip one-liners, where people usually make said joke.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I am so cold.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 375, The Last Knight wrote:I eased up on BEF after reading some posts from others saying it was too paranoid to be scum. I could go either way because it could be fake paranoia too.

RCE, I want to scum claim you because all you've done is scum claim me because of my name. But it's only too early to tell.

I maintained and reignited my scum claim on Emperors New Groove because neither person in that hydra have posted more than one post collectively, and I'd like to force a response. But also because I want to limit the number of people with Emperor in their name to one (for nickname's sake) and because our lord and savior Boonskiies uses Kuzco as his avatar.... And there can only be one...

(also top... Again?)
While I know you're not entirely serious, this is still stupid to me. flippyNips = EFN and New Groove = ENG.
Emperors New Groove
Emperors New Groove
Goon
Emperors New Groove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by Emperors New Groove »

In post 375, The Last Knight wrote:I maintained and reignited my scum claim on Emperors New Groove because neither person in that hydra have posted more than one post collectively, and I'd like to force a response.
Response to what?

Ari will be doing the catch up for us (I don't do that), but I can go ahead and respond to what you are so interested in.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 378, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 377, RCEnigma wrote:I am voting Knight btw. Team Evil Vs. Team Merc. I am drawing the house line now, pick a side.
Can't we compromise and get me some grilled fish instead? There is literally no strategic purpose about it. I just want fish.
I should ISO you, but I feel like -- some 16 pages in -- these are a majority of your posts. It's cool, it's funny, but what have you actually contributed to the game otherwise?

Honestly, it's not an issue here. I'd just prefer if you start making serious posts.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 534, DrewVa wrote:I thought he was genuinely attempting to sort us with the whole role PM thing but I’m not familiar with his scum meta, so I suppose it could still possibly be scum being LAMIST
Did he vote you for this?
In post 522, Cheeky Dancer wrote:But Nero, why is RCE scum?
In post 421, Nero Cain wrote:So ok, I fake daykilled him b/c I was annoyed at him and Else trolling and bloating this thread. That alone is antitown/scummy but then I felt like RCE's threat/promise to ignore me was scummy. Like I can't go into details b/c both our games are ongoing but I have an excellent track record of reading him and I could see scum RCE intentionally not wanting to be in an argument with me.
In post 540, Alonzo wrote:Nev might be town, still not sure about Max
I laughed.
In post 559, DrewVa wrote:Interesting. You townread Nero and you’re partner is calling him, “lockscum”?
back in the days hydra dis was considered a scum tell. I miss the old days.
In post 573, Ultimate Liars wrote:Nero is probably town, he annoys me way too much in every game I'm in with him to let that make him a scumread.
hey, fuck you.
In post 575, RCEnigma wrote:Why would having all the scum hard claim day 1 be an issue exactly?
this feels pretty misreppy.
In post 583, Elsa Jay wrote:Lets get this game going and lynch a fool before Christmas, K?
y so eager for a lynch?

mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 386, Elsa Jay wrote:We got too many people. More then 23 including the Hydras. We gotta thin the herd.

I cant remember everyone in this game, especially with the hydra slips. Sigh.
BrightEyedFish wrote:Elsa,
Why all the shade? Are you harbouring emotions from a past game?
Reality show biz, my friend. You aren't appealing to the audience. Unfortunately, that means you gotta go.
I feel this so hard. But that's why I think it's time for jokes to be put aside and serious conversation to abound. If everyone's serious, it's easier to pay attention to them and get reads.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 613, mcqueen wrote:
In post 378, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 377, RCEnigma wrote:I am voting Knight btw. Team Evil Vs. Team Merc. I am drawing the house line now, pick a side.
Can't we compromise and get me some grilled fish instead? There is literally no strategic purpose about it. I just want fish.
I should ISO you, but I feel like -- some 16 pages in -- these are a majority of your posts. It's cool, it's funny, but what have you actually contributed to the game otherwise?

Honestly, it's not an issue here. I'd just prefer if you start making serious posts.
I mean... I
could
start talking out of my ass and accusing people for no reason, but it'd be disingenuous and won't hold any real merit.

I rather not get hung day 1, so at the moment I am letting the gamesolvers do their thing and making sure to point away from me so they stay on the right track. Later on I give my input on what happened during the night and see the connections being made by the gamesolvers and capitalize on them.

Other then the 5 man mafia team thing I brought up, you guys just do you and argue about scumminess.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What 5 man mafia thing?

I feel like I've missed some posts in this game.

mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 414, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 412, Thanos wrote:I thought Lamees would've been posting more by now; Apologies for the inactivity, I'll take some more time before I get into the game.
In post 259, davesaz wrote:Someone who is a human and thinks something is true but isn't 100% certain may say/write if/then logic as a natural linguistic effect of that uncertainty. This goes for whether the uncertainty is in the 1st or 2nd part of the statement.

Once you're in the pattern of if x/then y, modifying that pattern to another conditional to show certainty in x but conditional in y is possible, but to the writer unnecessary given they know what they are uncertain about.

I have never seen a legit slip of this type, and the people who call such so-called slips to attention have been scum at least half the time I've seen someone bring it up, possibly more.
It seems unlikely that scum!BEF knowingly pushed a slip he'd know no one else would agree on, and call attention to himself that way. BEF seems to have genuinely believed in that slip, which makes me think he's town.

~Auro
I just watched Infinity War. You’re on my shit list.
It'd be hilarious if Thanos got lynched/killed on the same day Endgame comes out
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 22, the worst wrote:
Ah well, I'm sure nobody realises there are 5 contestants scheming with each other to share the win.. :shifty: gonna be interesting to see how long it takes em to work it out.
The mod confirmed that flavor can hint at the roles possible in the game and which ones are active. I brought this up in my setup speculation. It was one of the l relevant points I brought up during the day along with me talking about the setup. I haven't just done one-liners. I do try even during day 1.

mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 418, Thanos wrote:
In post 207, Nev and Max wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but our votes do have consequences. Just like the words and actions we make online have real world implications as well.

Votes in this thread will eventually lynch someone, trick is we never know when the day will end unless it goes to deadline or the 4 tell us when they are ending the day
Similar slip here; town methinks. Also, this is one of the slots whose ISO actually feels like they're trying to gamesolve, I appreciate that.
Nev and Max are town.

~Auro
At this point, as one of the day's representatives, I don't see a huge opportunity or need to vote to end the day. Unless someone else disagrees, we need as much information as we can get Day 1, and ending the day early deprives us of that.

I will remain open about my feelings to vote, however. Besides, I'd have to vote ITT anyway, so everyone would know when I vote. Same goes for the other 3.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 430, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 429, Thanos wrote:
In post 426, DrewVa wrote:But it is mentioned in the setup, so the read should be more nuanced, like could they tell, if we made the “townslip” by play or is the townread solely based on just mechanics?
It's mentioned in the setup and yet DVa didn't know that.
It's likelier for town in this scenario not to have read the setup properly and not know that public votes aren't counted.
It's less likely for scum to not know, IMO -- Making your slot likely town.

This is an early read, subject to change if there's stronger evidence.

~Auro
Your assumption that not reading the game post is towny is unfounded.

~ C
Why? Scum are more likely to know the mechanics of the game because it hurts them more to not know.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 443, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 439, Nero Cain wrote:Cheeky is ignoring my question like she normally does as scum. This game is EZ mode.
Next time don't bury your question in a scummy catch up wall.

~ C
Man I love posts like this. Directly addressed to answering a question and still ignores it
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

Wondering if I should tell him. *shrug*

~ C
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

It hurts mafia and town power roles to not know the setup. McQueen, your just as likely to kill strong town who like to be prepared with that line of thinking.

Some people read the rules, and some don't. It's play style, usually NAI except on a case-by-case basis.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”