Booneytoonz IX - Under The Sea -- Game Over!

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm referring to general meta that dislikes lurker lynches (i like lurker lynches situationally.)
not any meta about you specifically.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Nikk »

In post 950, Chara wrote:i'm referring to general meta that dislikes lurker lynches (i like lurker lynches situationally.)
not any meta about you specifically.
Okay, you quoted my post. Why?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Chara »

because it was relevant? Kaito was talking about lurker lynches and you quoted him in agreement.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VC
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Votecount 1.5

Lady Angel (4): Chara, sheepsaysmeep, Elsa Jay, Alchemist21
Maki Harukawa (4): Wisdom, Pink Ball, Nikk, Firebringer
Nikk (2): Clemency, Maki Harukawa
Wisdom (1): davesaz
Creature (1): Frozen Angel
Chara (1): Kaito Momota

Not Voting: Creature, Lady Angel

With 15 alive it’s 8 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2019-01-14 08:51:00)
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Nikk »

Negative I was agreeing to him saying the push felt off. My reasoning is the people on it and the way it built.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 954, Gamma Emerald wrote: Lady Angel (4): Chara, sheepsaysmeep, Elsa Jay, Alchemist21
Maki Harukawa (4): Wisdom, Pink Ball, Nikk, Firebringer
Nikk (2): Clemency, Maki Harukawa
Wisdom (1): davesaz
Creature (1): Frozen Angel
Chara (1): Kaito Momota

Not Voting: Creature, Lady Angel

With 15 alive it’s 8 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2019-01-14 08:51:00)
On Lady Angel, Alchemist is much more likely to be scum than any of the others.
On Maki, none of the voters are among my favorites for town, but they aren't especially scummy either. (my Wisdom vote is a failed attempt at behavior modification)
Creature is not the consistent presence I'd expect from him as town. The engaged=town meta is much too easy to fake and as soon as he learns how to do it effectively it will be useless.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:29 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 956, davesaz wrote:On Lady Angel, Alchemist is much more likely to be scum than any of the others.
why alchemist over elsa
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Can someone help me understand the lady angel wagon beyond the lurkiness of posts?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 956, davesaz wrote:On Maki, none of the voters are among my favorites for town
Thats rude that I am not ur favorite.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 958, Firebringer wrote:Can someone help me understand the lady angel wagon beyond the lurkiness of posts?
This is Ice Queen, calling fire doggo. This is indeed scum. Please follow our lead here.

Look how even with most of the shitposting going away, they still dont even want to contribute despite no "thread-Clog". What do you take that to mean?
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 960, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 958, Firebringer wrote:Can someone help me understand the lady angel wagon beyond the lurkiness of posts?
This is Ice Queen, calling fire doggo. This is indeed scum. Please follow our lead here.

Look how even with most of the shitposting going away, they still dont even want to contribute despite no "thread-Clog". What do you take that to mean?
*looks at caller id*

I don't answer calls from Narnia
Show

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Damnit Fire, now is not the time for memes. Well, you can still do that, but atleast answer the question in the same thing.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 957, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 956, davesaz wrote:On Lady Angel, Alchemist is much more likely to be scum than any of the others.
why alchemist over elsa
What I had in mind was the thing about reading pages that had strong content and calling it noise.
But I reviewed him and overall it looks at least a little towny.

Elsa Jay is scummy by playstyle but the content looks like scumhunting so I'm not sure what to do there.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 960, Elsa Jay wrote:Look how even with most of the shitposting going away, they still dont even want to contribute despite no "thread-Clog". What do you take that to mean?
lack of activity is not ai
It just indicates lack of interest or time
now get on maki
Kaito Momota
Kaito Momota
Goon
Kaito Momota
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:26 pm

Post by Kaito Momota »

Forgot that Alch claimed miller
Kaito Momota
Kaito Momota
Goon
Kaito Momota
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:30 pm

Post by Kaito Momota »

In post 945, Chara wrote:my read has nothing to do with that. i have a few things that have me sideeyeing Maki, but i'm waiting for her catchup first.

if you truly think she is incredibly towny (i don't think you are, though) that's cause for at least one raised eyebrow from me.
if Maki isn't caught up soon i'll just talk about the read.
I don't think the case on her good

She's neutral to me, I'd rather get someone I scumread

Pinkball fyi I was asking you to move your vote not recommending votes on you
Kaito Momota
Kaito Momota
Goon
Kaito Momota
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Kaito Momota »

VOTE: Wisdom
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:46 pm

Post by Wisdom »

whats the "good case" on me
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 960, Elsa Jay wrote:

If you're always shitposty and use that as an excuse when called out for it, then it's pretty hypocritical to vote someone for playing to their meta.

Anyways, this wagon on me feels like the path of least resistance in that there's no agreement on who's a good lynch, so I've been pushed up due to having the least amount of content. Since I can't really argue that, in the event I do get lynched, I ISOed everyone and have given my thoughts so you guys have something to work off of tomorrow.

Spoiler: Maki Harukawa
Floating the idea that scum could be informed of the millers to discredit FA feels slightly scummy at first glance, but it is valid and her reactions to everyone but FA were solid. I don't think she'd float a real mechanic that scum have as a theory right away, but if she flips scum it's possibly worth considering. I don't think her flipping scum would confirm that all the millers are town, since a partner could have claimed miller under the idea that people would use this logic, but it might be worth flipping her either way.

Read: True Null

Spoiler: sheepsaysmeep
I find myself agreeing with his thoughts on the millers, and his setup spec in general feels very towny. However, his progression from TRing me to voting me feels a little weird - Dunn isn't in any danger right now and his vote on me seems to be primarily motivated by a not-very-existant threat? It seems more like an excuse than anything, but I still TR him.

Read: Town

Spoiler: Clemency
Second-highest postcount in the game, very low on actual content. It does get better towards the end of his ISO but his posts are made in such a way that he's not leaving much to actually discuss. I'm aware that that's how he plays, and him and Elsa being in the same game seems to have made both of them double down on it, so I'm going to tentatively say that's annoying but NAI. I'm unsure if him thinking all the miller claims are town is notable, it could be TMI but I doubt both he and wisdom would say it as scum so I'll just ask that to be asterisked for later. His dodging around Elsa's hardclaiming mason is bizarre, and although he did deny it, I'd like to see at least one of him and Elsa flipped before lylo, the entire situation around the mason claim is just weird. Would probably lynch Elsa out of the two due to being the one to claim it but Clem's a little scummier.

Read: Null, Slight Scum lean

Spoiler: Elsa Jay
Similar to Clem, the joking around is annoying but it's probably NAI for Elsa. The Alchemist push was pretty poor, but understandable given that at the time she started it only two millers had claimed. I don't like the progression from that into joking around as the game started to pull away from RVS, but it's probably in character. I don't understand her random fixation on getting me to post about two thirds of the way through, especially since it started when she and clem got some heat and it feels more like a deflection than actually trying to encourage discussion, which is scummy. The mason claim and Clem's reaction to it were really bad, and it's probably best to lynch one of them before lylo to see what's up. I'd go with her since she claimed it and we'd get more information from her than Clem. Her vote on me feels ridiculously RVS almost 40 pages in the game, but with 4 days left at the time of the vote going for the player the least likely to be defended by people besides that player at least sort of makes sense, even if Elsa hasn't actually provided any reason for the vote.

How likely would scum!Elsa be to hardclaim mason with someone, so that when she flips scum it throws suspicion on them?

Read: Null, Slight Scum Lean

Spoiler: Davesaz
Probably the towniest miller by play, at least to me. I find myself agreeing with most of his reads and observations, although I do think his theory on Maki's flip in post 543 has the hole of assuming Mafia hasn't accounted for it. If they had, they'd probably have a way around it (Scum!Maki presenting the theory with one of her teammates claiming miller breaks it). There isn't a lot to point out in this ISO, it's all solid play and I'd put Dave as my strongest townread. However, he did claim miller, so he probably can't or otherwise won't live to lylo.

Spoiler: Pink Ball
Notably high fluff count, and unlike Clem and Elsa I haven't seen any of his other games so I can't vouch for if this is usual or not. His logic with the millers is fine, but it seems to be his only real argument to use for about half the game so far. He does pick it up later, which is nice. I don't like how he calls me scummy for lurking but finds Kaito/Dunn towny for going under the radar - wouldn't those be similar or the same, since the motivation behind lurking is usually to stay off everyone's radar? He also nulls firebringer for doing the same thing - the lack of internal consistency concerns me slightly. I definitely feel his posting in the second half of the game is townier, but his posts pinged me a little more than my other townreads.

Read: Slight Town

Spoiler: Firebringer
His fourth posts is likely a PR softclaim - I don't know why he'd do that early but that + a lack of overall content makes it hard for me to read him at all.

Spoiler: Kaito Momota
The Maki vote was pure bandwagon, as was his next vote on Wisdom. Then he defends Maki from Wisdom despite having just voted her. The Chara vote and push feels like the only really organic thing in his iso, and it seemed more brought on by frustration than anything. The wisdom vote also seemed quite random at the end of the iso. Overall there isn't much to work with here and what there is is pinging me enough to suspect him.

Read: Scum

Spoiler: Wisdom
I don't see anything in this iso to ping me either way besides the belief in all the miller claims, which I'm asterisking here for the same reason I did with Clem - it feels slightly TMI. The push on Maki without ever providing reasoning is odd, but I'd be willing to chalk it up to a style thing, it wouldn't be the first player like that I've played with and be unable to read because of it.

Spoiler: Lady Angel
I'm still sticking to my miller claim, which is why I'm pretty okay with the possibility of dying day 1. Millers should never live to endgame and I'm not going to bend that rule just because I drew a miller role. I definitely could've efforted more, since this game was really low in content even by my day 1 standards, but it is what it is.

Spoiler: Creature
When Creature's posting, he feels like town Creature, but the fact that he hasn't walled nearly as much is pinging me a bit. It's possible that's for other reasons (open frustration with Elsa/Clem indicates so potentially), but I do think it's worth noting. The thing about believing all the miller claims feels possibly TMI applies here as well, but that's probably the worst thing in his ISO. The fight with FA was odd, but it felt like the frustration on both players part from external sources being thrown at each other.

Read: Slight Town

Spoiler: Frozen Angel
Probably the most legitimate miller claim of the bunch, although that's been said a ton already. I don't like that her iso has a lot of questions but few responses to people responding them. Why ask questions if you don't intend to start a debate with them? She does pick up later, but a lot of her questions are just left hanging. Afterwards her posts all feel towny, I'd chalk her/creature as TvT for what I mentioned about Creature.

As a miller, she has to die before lylo.

Spoiler: Nikk
I don't like the progression of having a "big scumread" on Maki then TRing her four of his posts later. There wasn't even much talk between them besides a discussion on voting, although it was early it still was late enough that Maki had done more than naked vote, which based on his posts is the main reason he SRed her. And then he pushes Wisdom for pushing Maki, which is another odd progression. Later, he unvotes Wisdom then admits to still SRing him, and hops back on Maki afterwards for shaky reasoning and trying to connect her to Elsa for no reasoning. It feels really flipfloppy and none of his pushes except maybe Elsa have had any real conviction behind them - and he didn't vote Elsa. This would be the slot I'd be most okay with lynching today, although it's probably too late to turn out a lynch on him.

Read: Scum

Spoiler: Alchemist21
I don't really like his opening of asking if it was possible to have more than a single role in the setup, especially since he's had this account for four years and should probably know, plus the giant "booneytoonz guidelines" post mostly answered it. Past that, he seems fairly towny and most of his posts have some effort to engage in them, with solid logic present. Voting me seemed like a "We need a lynch and I don't want to vote the other leading wagon" vote, but I'd appreciate some reasoning since it was naked. Being a miller, he needs to die before lylo.

I'd like to vote Nikk or failing that, Kaito, but with the amount of time left and the way the votes are laid out right now I doubt that'd do anything (the only way I can vote and influence the game right now is by voting Maki, which I'm slightly hesitant to do since I don't sr her). I might pop in before school tomorrow, if there's not too much to read I may vote then.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:46 pm

Post by Wisdom »

even if you dont scumread her its better than you, a person you know is town, getting lynched
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 969, Lady Angel wrote:If you're always shitposty and use that as an excuse when called out for it, then it's pretty hypocritical to vote someone for playing to their meta.
that's not hypocrisy
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 969, Lady Angel wrote:His fourth posts is likely a PR softclaim - I don't know why he'd do that early but that + a lack of overall content makes it hard for me to read him at all. Read: True Null
wow its almost like you give the same shit every game you play with people.
Show

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I’ll look at Lady’s post when I have more time to do so.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:24 am

Post by Chara »

Lady forgot to give a read on me. :<

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”