Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 622, Spike and Jet wrote:Cool, the interesting players appeared.
What do you mean by this creature? I believe I have some idea but some clarification would be nice.
In post 623, Spike and Jet wrote:Also I townread the Asking for a friend slot.
Agreed I think there posting came from very obvious town.
In post 628, Spike and Jet wrote:
In post 613, Toogeloo wrote:Piecing the game together, I think it's very possible Spike and Jet could be scum here.

Alisae was going ho Creature scum meta. After constant pushes, Creature finally shows up, but Alisae has now replaced out, so any pressure that might have happened will never be.

I have just been getting a lot of activity filler feelings from the past few pages, and the recent buddying of Verdith is just making me feel worse about the slot.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Spike and Jet
You're likely town, but let's not.
Why do you townread Toogeloo? He's one of my big scumreads at the moment.
In post 650, Spike and Jet wrote:also, when spike told me he wasnt planning to post much, i thought he meant like not townspewing until muuuuuch later
so i went extra tryhard to compensate
dont feel good about our slots life expectancy now
lol

p-ed
if you really feel like you're on to something here chito, i'll go with you.
shall we get that claim after all and reassess?
VOTE: vedith
Claims do not=alignment you shouldn't care what his claim is. Either you townread the slot or you don't.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 700, Elena Fisher wrote:Why do you townread Toogeloo? He's one of my big scumreads at the moment.
wanna talk about this? I think hes town.

~Near
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 700, Elena Fisher wrote:Claims do not=alignment you shouldn't care what his claim is. Either you townread the slot or you don't.
Of course you should care.
The question would then be, do we lose out of the potential role more, or lose out on the lynch.
I claim scum \o/
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 659, Toogeloo wrote:Did mastina just do the scumtell rule of naming 4 players she thinks are scum?

(Scum player names 4 people they think are scum)
(1 of those 4 is actually scum setting up a read to be bussed later for later or to garner town cred when they flip)

I forget what that scumtell is called, but I know it's a thing lol.

---

Creature is spam posting now, but not really doing more than that. Just artificially boosting post count to look super active.
This feels like a lazy reason to scumread someone. Unless Toogeloo can give me other games where he's posted this style of read before I'm not buying it. Feels like he wanted to fill in a reason to scumread mastina made this up on the spot
In post 662, Vedith wrote:Okay right now I'm at this.
VOTE: Almost50

Challenge me.
Go on. Why do you scumread A50.
In post 668, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 666, Vedith wrote:Actually don't worry, half your posts are "this person is town".
Your comment is void.
Shade noted.
And there's a confidence level to the A50 read that is exclusive to him.
This isn't really shade when it's more so a fact. Looking at your iso is just...meh. I really would like people to explain the Gamma townreads to me.
In post 677, Torque wrote:
In post 553, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tbh I like SSBF's posting a lot less now. I think I just saw walls with seemingly thought out statements and townbinned it.
Gamma I don't think you were lazy enough as a player to just look at the existence of a wall and go i guess its town unless you have tmi on ssbf/vedith's alignment?
This is a good point that needs requoting.
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 701, Near x Mello wrote:
In post 700, Elena Fisher wrote:Why do you townread Toogeloo? He's one of my big scumreads at the moment.

~Near
Sure let's talk about it. I still need to go back and read about 5 pages between my catch up but I doubt that'd change my read on Toog. Why do you think he's town? I think I've given a pretty good outline on why I think he's scum.
In post 702, Vedith wrote:
In post 700, Elena Fisher wrote:Claims do not=alignment you shouldn't care what his claim is. Either you townread the slot or you don't.
The question would then be, do we lose out of the potential role more, or lose out on the lynch.
Any claim can be from town or scum. The only time you should let a claim go is if it's a self-resolving claim. That's how I play it although I know others disagree
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

Ah I posted this in my neighborhood when I was sick but not here.
If anyone wants to know the 3 people I feel fine with lynching at the moment are Too/Gamma/Chito
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Clemency »

something constructive
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 703, Elena Fisher wrote:Go on. Why do you scumread A50.
Yay someone asked! \o/
The unvote was most likely a hop off the sinking ship. It's not unusual for me to be the main attraction to the death tunnel day 1, so why stay on?
The reason of me panicking, I can't see this being bought by anyone who has played with me previously, yet it was apparently a really good answer to stop voting.

Originally Almost looked to be pushing the game, and when it looks to have little to no pressure on them, it's a bunch of worthless and empty typing.
That said, the game state is in a bad shape, so it's plausible that this is void, but I'm still going with tut tut.

That's all I have as I don't want to vote Gamma yet.
I claim scum \o/
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 705, Elena Fisher wrote:If anyone wants to know the 3 people I feel fine with lynching at the moment are Too/Gamma/Chito
I am townreading all of these

~Near
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 704, Elena Fisher wrote:I think I've given a pretty good outline on why I think he's scum.
no you havent, you just quoted a shallow read on mastina and said yourself that you don't know if its playstyle or not

Based on him immediately outing his role and his neighborhood and everything it should be obvious what kind of player he is

~Near
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 704, Elena Fisher wrote:Any claim can be from town or scum. The only time you should let a claim go is if it's a self-resolving claim. That's how I play it although I know others disagree
I agree to the level of, if they are scum to you they are scum to you.
However, if it's a case of plausible scum then hearing what they have to offer if good.
Plus, where else would you suggest the vote? Gamma?...
I claim scum \o/
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 553, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tbh I like SSBF's posting a lot less now. I think I just saw walls with seemingly thought out statements and townbinned it.
Gamma I don't think you were lazy enough as a player to just look at the existence of a wall and go i guess its town unless you have tmi on ssbf/vedith's alignment?
I completely disagree with this point btw and elena liking it is ugh.

~Near
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Reasonably Psychotic »

In post 704, Elena Fisher wrote:

~Near
Sure let's talk about it. I still need to go back and read about 5 pages between my catch up but I doubt that'd change my read on Toog. Why do you think he's town? I think I've given a pretty good outline on why I think he's scum.
Any claim can be from town or scum. The only time you should let a claim go is if it's a self-resolving claim. That's how I play it although I know others disagree
No claim is actually self-resolving, save for a triggered IC claim which the claimant must use as soon as possible.

Agreed that a claim should not change whether you town or scumread someone, unless said claim explicitly explains the scummy behaviors you've seen.

Vedith, there's little reason to claim, and little reason to keep posturing around your claim. The entire approach you have looks as bad as Joan's pre-emptive "I'm unlynchable" claim does.

@Near: Do you think that Gamma is that lazy, or do you simply think that even if he's not that lazy, doing that is not scum-indicative? Also agreed on Elena's lack of clear reasoning given for their scumread.

-Yukiteru
Hydra of Amzela(Yuno) and Cerberus v666(Yukiteru)
Couple extraordinaire. What do
you
do for pillow talk?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 712, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:Vedith, there's little reason to claim, and little reason to keep posturing around your claim.
You release I was never going to claim, right?
I claim scum \o/
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 707, Vedith wrote:
In post 703, Elena Fisher wrote:Go on. Why do you scumread A50.
Yay someone asked! \o/
The unvote was most likely a hop off the sinking ship. It's not unusual for me to be the main attraction to the death tunnel day 1, so why stay on?
The reason of me panicking, I can't see this being bought by anyone who has played with me previously, yet it was apparently a really good answer to stop voting.

Originally Almost looked to be pushing the game, and when it looks to have little to no pressure on them, it's a bunch of worthless and empty typing.
That said, the game state is in a bad shape, so it's plausible that this is void, but I'm still going with tut tut.

That's all I have as I don't want to vote Gamma yet.
What about this gamestate is bad to you? The way you’re saying that it appears that it’s affecting your read on A50 is that true? A lot of this point feels like reasons you’re explaining your own actions then the scumread on A50 but I somewhat understand
In post 708, Near x Mello wrote:
In post 705, Elena Fisher wrote:If anyone wants to know the 3 people I feel fine with lynching at the moment are Too/Gamma/Chito
I am townreading all of these

~Near
Good! That means we have a lot to talk on and explain. This should help me get a read on your slot. You were one of the slots I was most worried about so this situation is perfect to me.
In post 709, Near x Mello wrote:
In post 704, Elena Fisher wrote:I think I've given a pretty good outline on why I think he's scum.
no you havent, you just quoted a shallow read on mastina and said yourself that you don't know if its playstyle or not

Based on him immediately outing his role and his neighborhood and everything it should be obvious what kind of player he is

~Near
You didn’t read my other posts I assume? I’ve given other reasons for why I’m scumreading Toogeloo. I’ve seen and played with Toogeloo where the way he’s acting and outting everything is strange to me. The way he’s hanlding his scumreads is awful to me. Along with the fact him outting his hood and role etc. It doesn’t feel like it’s coming from town him to me what so ever. I don’t really see how playstyle is a factor here when Toogeloo doesn’t have one set playstyle.
In post 710, Vedith wrote:
In post 704, Elena Fisher wrote:Any claim can be from town or scum. The only time you should let a claim go is if it's a self-resolving claim. That's how I play it although I know others disagree
I agree to the level of, if they are scum to you they are scum to you.
However, if it's a case of plausible scum then hearing what they have to offer if good.
Plus, where else would you suggest the vote? Gamma?...
I’ve given my suggestions on who I think a good vote target would be. I don’t mind hearing out a claim, of course, I just don’t think someone should unvote someone they scumread/not lynch them because of a role
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 714, Elena Fisher wrote:What about this gamestate is bad to you? The way you’re saying that it appears that it’s affecting your read on A50 is that true? A lot of this point feels like reasons you’re explaining your own actions then the scumread on A50 but I somewhat understand
Well, for a start look at how long someone took to ask me why Almost, considering I'm top voted you would expect a bit more.
But this is my point to the game, since I joined in (I take no blame though) majority players are doing fuck all. So the fact that Almost had better looking posts until as of recent means I shouldn't use that as a reason to thing of him as scum... However much I want to.
But it feels like everyone has already finished day 1 and happy to go with whatever.
It's also sad that my biggest current scum read goes ahead because of an unvote on me. But that's how it is.
I claim scum \o/
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 711, Near x Mello wrote:
I completely disagree with this point btw and elena liking it is ugh.

~Near
Interesting. So you think that town Gamma would look at a wall and just call it town? I strongly think he'd pick at said wall. He's a shady player and extrmely picky as town. He does certain actions that are very questionable, but it's something Gamma does. Here he seems very...logical and constant not something I see from town Gamma.
In post 712, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:
In post 704, Elena Fisher wrote:

~Near
No claim is actually self-resolving, save for a triggered IC claim which the claimant must use as soon as possible.

Agreed that a claim should not change whether you town or scumread someone, unless said claim explicitly explains the scummy behaviors you've seen.

Vedith, there's little reason to claim, and little reason to keep posturing around your claim. The entire approach you have looks as bad as Joan's pre-emptive "I'm unlynchable" claim does.

@Near: Do you think that Gamma is that lazy, or do you simply think that even if he's not that lazy, doing that is not scum-indicative? Also agreed on Elena's lack of clear reasoning given for their scumread.

-Yukiteru
Good point on the 2nd part. I would go into the first on what I consider resolving, but that'd help scum more then it would me telling you the answer. Also I don't know what you're talking about with lack of reasoning considering I feel I've made my read very obvious.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Near x Mello »

my problem is with torque's accusation
gamma did not quote a wall and call it town
gamma said he does not like the slot as much now while before he was just default townreading because wall
these are quite different and it felt like torque was just reaching for something to attack

~Near
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Near x Mello »

elena the only other toog thing i see in your iso is your reaction to his claim which again looks like a playstyle thing

is there something else?

~Near
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Toogeloo »

-Updated-
Channel 5 Members include:
Super Smash Bros Fan
Chito and Yuuri
Robert2424
Near X Mello
Toogeloo
Vedith

We just got page 2.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Toogeloo »

OMG, I fail. Vedith replaces SSBF lol. Disregard above.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:34 am

Post by mastina »

In post 659, Toogeloo wrote:I forget what that scumtell is called, but I know it's a thing lol.
It
is
a thing, but the Rule of Three is, explicitly, a post-flip tell. It is not a scumtell in of itself, because
every
player can and SHOULD have a scum grouping of 3-5 players. Because no fucking shit, that's the size of the scumteam and any town player failing to have that number of people they think are suspicious is failing as a scumhunter.

It only becomes a tell when you have a scum player flipped, and analyze their posts; if there is a group of 3-5 players, which you have very good reason to suspect is mostly town, named as suspicions...then the name you see that isn't a suspected town is, quite likely, scum. And sometimes (though not as reliably) you can invert it such that if you have two flipped scum and one of them had a group of 3-5 players with the other flipped scum included as a scumread, it can be reason to name the rest in there town.

The rule of three is also extremely playstyle dependent and situational in that it is no hard fast tell; more scum utilize it than don't, but they are perfectly capable of subverting it, e.g. heavily bussing (putting more than the expected number of scum in), heavily anti-bussing (putting no scum in and hoping the town doesn't clear the players pushed).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:42 am

Post by mastina »

In post 680, Torque wrote:I think that entire exchange with cowboy bebop
Obligatory link
In post 698, Almost50 wrote:P-edit: Now THAT's a good attempt at moving the game froward. I look forward to seeing this dialogue.
It really isn't? It's something by FAR more likely to come from a scum-Cerb than a town-Cerb.

Admittedly the intended goal is admirable enough, but no amount of nobility changes the alignment behind the action; it's still scum even if it's something which is pro-fun. (Cerb isn't the type of player to be happy with a victory through apathy as scum--he'll TAKE a victory through apathy, but he won't be HAPPY about a victory through apathy. I'm not entirely sure whether if given the choice between victory through apathy or loss through lack thereof which he takes, probably did at some point but have since forgotten, but I know that if given a choice between assured victory through apathy or less-assured-but-still-plausible victory through lack thereof, he'll pick the latter.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:46 am

Post by mastina »

In post 700, Elena Fisher wrote:Agreed I think there posting came from very obvious town.
Hard disagree especially with Pink Ball's entrance. There was nothing town about that, especially the refusal to go into reasons. Quite the opposite, I have very strong reasons to believe that's indicative of Pink Ball being scum.
In post 709, Near x Mello wrote:
Hey, here's a bombdrop.

I am intimately familiar with Toogeloo's playstyle having many games' experience with him so I know what type of player he is, and he's one of my strongest scumreads.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Near x Mello »

dont get me wrong; i have zero experience with toog and as such im not saying this is his town meta

what i am saying is that elena seems to be disliking a playstyle rather than actual scummy things

~Near

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”