Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3693, Something_Smart wrote:Fun fact, Pink Ball said something earlier that made me think he might have been Alchemist :lol:

I'll be here later tonight if anyone wants to talk to me. I would like Krazy to take a moment and reflect on the possible reasons I might be playing differently from Excalibur, other than my alignment being different.

Interesting note: It seemed to me that in the past few days the public opinion on me has shifted significantly. Whether or not that's actually the case, the thread created that impression with multiple influential people pretty much simultaneously saying either they townread me or they were reevaluating their scumread on me. It's almost a foregone conclusion that scum would have expected me to be mislynched at some point in time, so I expected that scum might push back against me being townread.

The two people who have done this are Gamma and Krazy.
Am I naive for townreading this post

I kinda feel like this is the type of post I townread regardless of what alignment it comes from
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i have townread most of the posts SS has made this game
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

But am I naive for townreading that specific one
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:19 pm

no i think its a towny post
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ok

That slot is redeeming for me then
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

@Mod, exactly how much time is left in this phase?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3705, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
@Mod, exactly how much time is left in this phase?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Ankamius »

We have roughly 2 days Nancy
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by FakeGod »

In post 3705, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@Mod, exactly how much time is left in this phase?
about 42 hours left
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3707, Ankamius wrote:We have roughly 2 days Nancy
In post 3708, FakeGod wrote:
In post 3705, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@Mod, exactly how much time is left in this phase?
about 42 hours left
We still need 6 more ladies and gents to pair up, so we avoid yololynching.

This isn’t good. :/
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Taly »

:igmeou: ... I've rewritten this post maybe 3 times today so it feels like I've made concerns clear to you guys that haven't been addressed yet I haven't said anything... lol

With the lack of initiative with unpaired people at the moment
(or it could just be their scheduling)
, I might as well say my thoughts. I looked at my readnotes and did some ISO skims.

S_S
is the towniest unpaired person to me at the moment. Not a lot of posts strike me as town, but the ones that do, are things that I can't foresee scum saying in this gamestate.

I still want someone to speak to me about their
Moment
townread because I'm not sold yet. Although,
Moment+S_S
sound like a good idea because their read progression on each other is town and I believe it's natural.

Krazy's
towncase on
Gamma
is both short and without strong townpoints, not something I vibe with. I'm wanting to work with
Gamma
on his perception about the game but he's not done much aside from putting reads out and showing frustration when people want him to do more.

DT+Brie
townreads are a bit less confident now but they're the only other current pairing right now that I think works.
I don't know if I'll advocate for this pairing, though.

Which would still leave
Urist, Allo, and Gamma
, though.

Urist
is still scum to me since I can see my earlier listed townpoints be applicable to scum. I dislike how the thread has virtually brushed
Allo's
entire existence off, but I don't feel strongly about him any other way, and I don't want to push
Gamma
because his response today was a reason why I didn't want to plan or talk about pairs much at all anymore.

So there's my low-weight pairing suggestions.
Moment+S_S
at top ONLY if they consent, maybe
TheBrie+DT
and
Gamma+Allo or Urist
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3674, Taly wrote:i swear i get mislynched over the dumbest shit possible at the times i do

i dont even know why i was even scumread in the first place in SC2

i dont work well when towns knowingly stab at themselves saying "AM I CATCHING SCUM? AM I CATCHING SCUM!?"

my only regret was not pushing my 2 correct votes on scum
(Alch/Pint)
, but it was hard to do that when i was deathtunneled by a hydra i townread
(love you STW)

and literally half the people who knew me in the game was comparing me to my LABYRINTH GAMEPLAY.

UGH. GTFO.

im not salty at all anymore tbh, but you know.

i had to get some unfiltered thoughts out :D it was a good game until i... flaked :( but gg scum in that game and ty again for modding
Krazy
<3
Scum focused hard on your slot, that's what happened.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Post by Taly »

just checking

are people reading my wallposts the past 2 days?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3699, Krazy wrote:Point me to a towngame where you do this little setup spec discussion then
Sure...? Here. Here. Here. I'm pretty sure I did more setup spec in this game than in any of those except maybe the worst idea, because the setups didn't require it... I'm pretty sure I've talked about everything about this setup that wasn't already covered. The amount of setup spec required varies depending on the game.
And maybe stop playing guessing games and saying that every fos that comes your way is bias over being a replacement.
Well, only a few people had cited a reason, so it's a pretty reasonable assumption, or at the very least it's a starting suggestion which people could refute by giving other reasons why they scumread my slot. Not many people actually did that.
It seems like you've spent this game more being indignant over being scumread than in sorting, although it's possible your indignation and omgusing just sticks in my memory better
Out of 100+ posts I have maybe five where I'm asking why I'm being scumread, I think I have a right to that especially since the answers were not very forthcoming.

And I don't really think I've OMGUSed at all before right now.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Taly »

krazy
talk to me about your reads bb
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:01 pm

i read it but i mostly just read it to <3 your moment/ss pairing
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 3291, TheBrie wrote:
In post 3187, DoubtingThomas wrote:wheres thebrie
I'm trying to actually live life as well as playing this game.

Looking at DT's ISO, I'm not particularly impressed. I can't follow him. I know the reason for three of his reads. Taly, Krazy, Moment. I just see lots of words, and questions, and not much reasoning. And I like reasoning. So Thomas, do you mind telling why you think Vedith is town? He's a player I'm having trouble getting even a gut read on.

Looking at Moment, I think he's honestly getting snowed under by the number of posts. I like his posts style. Neat, tidy, points seem logical to me. But I've got him closer to null now. The content isn't inherently towny, though I don't feel an agenda in it.

Moment, Why the scum reads on Gamma and PinkBall?
In post 3419, TheBrie wrote:DoubtingThomas and Pvturist haven't asked me though, and Moment and Allo have. Still stuck between them. So if people want to be helpful, they can tell me why I should go with one of the other, or why I should hold out for another invitation.

Good night.
@Taly I guess I'm kinda at a loss irt DT/Brie given that DT is acting like Brie "isn't townreading him" and looking back I get the sense that Brie wants him to actually show his reasoning more. Unless Brie is assuming she immediately gets lynched and she doesn't need to be in a PT, I understand her desire to be with someone she can work with. I don't want to force pairings off towniness if those reads don't align with the player having fun however long they have left. I don't believe Brie has written off Allo, and hers is the position that matters at the moment.

I do think that instead of pushing DT/Brie it would maybe be more productive to actually ask "why not Allo/Brie"?

Rest assured I am definitely reading your wallposts <3
vote conspiracy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3699, Krazy wrote:You haven't made 7 wallposts about coins which I take to be a scumclaim for you

Point me to a towngame where you do this little setup spec discussion then

And maybe stop playing guessing games and saying that every fos that comes your way is bias over being a replacement. It seems like you've spent this game more being indignant over being scumread than in sorting, although it's possible your indignation and omgusing just sticks in my memory better
@Krazy this feels pretty icky to me

I haven't played with S_S before so I don't know how valid the claims about his meta are but your comment about coin wall posts just feels awful considering that's literally how you entered the game. Regardless of meta, I doubt setup spec is ever alignment indicative and framing this in such a way to imply he's scum for not doing setup spec just feels like a weird angle to take. Mostly because that's how you entered the game and a couple people initially town read you for it. IDK where I'm going with this, it's just weird and I don't really think you're scum but your scum read on S_S feels weird enough that I think it may warrant rereading or something because it doesn't seem genuine (maybe you're just conf biasing)

Plus, your second talking point about him being aware about his scum reads comes directly from Doubting_Thomas, and you haven't mentioned it at all before so idk where you are pulling "indignation and omgusing" from
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 3714, Taly wrote:
krazy
talk to me about your reads bb
I just wrote and deleted like two paragraphs on Gamma lol. I feel like I'm not sure, but my gut is telling me I should maybe be defending her as town more here... idk weird feelings over all. I don't think my case earlier was very convincing but I disagree that shading Worm/Moment was wolfy. My reasons for townreading Gamma probably aren't very convincing to anyone that isn't me, and I'm not even sure myself.

What other reads you want?
vote conspiracy
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 3710, Taly wrote:I still want someone to speak to me about their Moment townread because I'm not sold yet
also
kittybells
, do you think i have improved at mafia since 2015?

i know - impulsive question but still

im building self-confidence and not ranking myself but i still wonder about peoples thoughts at times

p-edit

krazy <3

Thoughts on
Moment
? I'm not feeling strongly about
Gamma
either way, early-game I had a townread there, but that's faded.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 3717, Dannflor wrote:I haven't played with S_S before so I don't know how valid the claims about his meta are but your comment about coin wall posts just feels awful considering that's literally how you entered the game.
Yeah that was partly the joke. I was kind of expecting him to really talk setup spec given it had actually been a major topic and he kinda just brushed past it all. Like my impression of S_S is that he enjoys talking setup spec more than Jingle, but maybe my experiences with him have been warped by looking at his play in theme games over opens idk.
In post 3717, Dannflor wrote:you haven't mentioned it at all before so idk where you are pulling "indignation and omgusing" from
He literally just said "I would expect scum to double down on scumreading me here!" and then said that the people doing that are Gamma, who I townread, and myself, who I know is town. But apparently Ank loved that post so...
vote conspiracy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:18 pm

In post 3717, Dannflor wrote:Regardless of meta, I doubt setup spec is ever alignment indicative and framing this in such a way to imply he's scum for not doing setup spec just feels like a weird angle to take.
There is more than a grain of truth in his assertions. I do setup spec more as town than as scum, although the amount I did in Excalibur was unusually high because it was a completely new setup that had never been played before and there was a lot to talk about.

But given the circumstances (this is a slight variation of a setup that's been played many times before, and a lot of people here played in them but I haven't, and I'm a replacement coming in after a lot of topics have been discussed and resolved), I've done the amount of setup spec that I feel was appropriate.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 3719, Taly wrote:Thoughts on Moment? I'm not feeling strongly about Gamma either way, early-game I had a townread there, but that's faded.
To be honest when I was doing the "who are the gents left in the game list" earlier Moment was the name I had to go back and remind myself of. I have almost no thoughts on him. I thought he was townie briefly when he got angry at me for posting a lot but I've since second-guessed that, leaving him quite null. Doesn't give me a strong reason to second-guess the people townreading him though and I have no problem with pairing him with someone like Gamma that I see as lynchbaity town, but I don't really have a need to pick a fight there with RC and I don't see a need to force Moment into that pairing if he doesn't want it. I more want to see what he actually chooses to do and not over-analyze his slot until he does more AI stuff.
vote conspiracy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:21 pm

In post 3720, Krazy wrote:Like my impression of S_S is that he enjoys talking setup spec more than Jingle, but maybe my experiences with him have been warped by looking at his play in theme games over opens idk.
I do like talking setup spec, but it was different in Excalibur because there were several possible strategies that were mechanically different, and there were huge differences between them, so there were a lot of things to discuss.

The amount I have done this game is about average.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 3717, Dannflor wrote:@Krazy this feels pretty icky to me
this is also like the 11th time I felt like Dann was turning on someone shortly after other people had started to push on the slot and it's one reason I liked Pvt airing his skepticism of that slot. I still lean town on Dann but if there is a deepwolf he is the slot I am most worried about. I think Dann's posts bug me a lot at times and I think Pvt is pretty likely town to get pinged by his posts, even if he's possibly wrong.

And I told myself I was going to not go heavy today, idk, I see shit and I have thoughts and I want to write them. I should just like log out or something. There's a book I *need* to read today and it's so much easier to focus on 'reads' in mafia than to actually pick it up 0.o
vote conspiracy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”