Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by Moment »

In all seriousness, I'm going to bed. I'll try to take a look at this if I have time in the morning.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 1651, Firebringer wrote:I love the twitter style posting tbh. essay posting is exhausting.
Well, I can name one advantage of essay-style posts as compared to what's going on now.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 1656, Krazy wrote:hey moment, how you doing?
Had a pretty terrible day and have been feeling all-around terrible, honestly.

So, let's read 67 pages of a Mafia game.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by Moment »

Sigh.

I really don't want to have this Nancy Drew scumread that I have.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Post by Moment »

Page 9.

I gut townread Allomancer.

I'm right around where you're calling Dannflor scum for "wooden posting" and weak setup-spec and other such reasons. I myself find this fairly towny:
In post 211, Dannflor wrote:A lot of people are posting a lot, very few people have said anything of value.

Vedith’s self preservation is town, also
In my experience, scum in this situation goes for fabricating some uncontroversial read to talk about rather than both declaring that nothing much of value has been said yet and making a completely out of left field townread on someone being scumread.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by Moment »

I am aware that you have previously brought up Nancy being scum. I'm also aware that RC popped in to say that he strongly townread Nancy, speaking from memory.

I myself believe it's indicative of her scumgame that she is 57 posts into her ISO and has barely mentioned reads yet, opting instead to talk more about the mechanics and to ask random questions of elaboration to various posts, seemingly without aim. I understand that her only scumgame on this site, Heroes Wanted, was characterized by a similar focus on mechanics in lieu of the early game reads that I expect from town Nancy.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1669 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 1668, Krazy wrote:
In post 1665, Moment wrote:I understand that her only scumgame on this site, Heroes Wanted, was characterized by a similar focus on mechanics in lieu of the early game reads that I expect from town Nancy.
I know you're still in catchup mode so I don't really want to poke too much, but I feel like one of your recent-ish games with Nancy, Boundaries of Reality, featured a Nancy that opened the game with several mech points.
Let's look at every post I made in Boundaries of Reality:
In post 927, FakeGod wrote:
Untrod Tripod has been replaced by Moment.
In post 986, FakeGod wrote:
In post 984, MariaR wrote:
Shoot moment
Moment, who was
Mutant Caterpillar
, and
Town
1-Shot Weak Cop/Miller
died
in
Day 5

Mafia
Win Condition can no longer be stopped from being achieved. Endgame incoming.
(It's nothing. I was shot before I could post once, or really even read much of the game beyond Varsoon's ISO.)

In any case, I was mistaken in that Witches' Halloween Ball also featured Nancy Drew being scum. Can't say I read all that much of that game after I died, however.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1672 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by Moment »

I actually need to go to sleep. Please try not to double the number of pages again.

Top of page 14 is my bookmark.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2072 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 2056, Taly wrote:i really wanted to post my readslist tonight, but its 9:30 and id rather not continue thinking about mafia this late or else im not going to sleep :P or focus on "night taly me-time"

so im going to unplug.

but i will definitely have my readslist out ASAP tomorrow, since ive begun listing my reasons for my reads, and my fresh brain notes have been taken.

the above sentence probably made no sense but its not a college night, but i do want to lightly check my math notes before i relax so will post tomorrow <3
9:30? And here I thought
I
was being geriatric, going to bed at midnight.

Anyways, catching up again.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2074 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:13 pm

Post by Moment »

Felt like catching up from where I posted last time in-between reading back.

------
In post 1679, Ankamius wrote:Am I weird for still kinda not wanting to partner up at all still
Explain to me why, again? From my relatively non-caught-up uninformed perspective, it seems you'd just be doing what Karmeleon did in Witches' Halloween Ball, not pairing out of some kind of principle, losing town out on a pairing.

------
In post 1706, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1662, Moment wrote:Sigh.

I really don't want to have this Nancy Drew scumread that I have.
I have not so fond memories of you hard tunneling me in Minuet.
I'm going to copy exactly what I wrote about this subject in Forgotten Hourglass here and kindly request that you never again imply that I tunneled you in that game.

Spoiler:
Moment wrote:
In post 638, Moment wrote:
In post 633, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, you were beyond convinced I was scum in Minuet. I’m not comfortable lynching there yet. I liked her comments about the Mylo wagon because she’s right about that.
1) No, I wasn't.

2) Using that as a reason to not believe me here is a logical fallacy.

3) Scum can be right about something just as easily as town can.
I actually want to expand on this because - and I really mean you no offense - Nancy is so wrong that it deserves far more words devoted to the subject.

1) No, I wasn't "beyond convinced" that you were scum in Minuet's trio. In fact, multiple times I expressed the opinion that, although I was not yet convinced that you were as town as others seemed to believe, I was more than willing to look elsewhere because there were scumreads that I were more confident on. This isn't an argument. It's not something that you can
possibly
dispute. It's literally the words that I wrote.

Speaking of those scumreads that I was more confident on, one of them happened to be Ginngie; so
even if
the idea that my reads from Minuet's Trio were reason to disregard my logic in this game, you're ignoring my reads that were
correct.

2) Your response to my entire line of reasoning was "well, you were wrong here". This is a logical fallacy. That's not to say that I'm entirely disregarding the concept of looking at someone's long-run read accuracy; however, not only is that not what you're doing, but on a case-by-case basis that wouldn't even apply here, especially given your massive sample size of one game (one game that, I might add, you selectively choose a misrepresented incorrect read from while ignoring a correct one).

If you want to directly refute what I said regarding Maria's pocketing of you, I would love that. If you want to just say "eh, I'm not convinced", I wouldn't really enjoy that, but on some level I could still understand it. Please don't insult me by responding to me with something like this.

3) This part doesn't really need that many words; if you think that agreeing with someone on a comment like "policy lynches are bad", an obvious comment on a wagon that's destined to go nowhere, or something to the same effect is a reason to townread someone - well then, perhaps you aren't so difficult to pocket as you think.

------
In post 1729, Ankamius wrote:So yeah

I am starting to think it's better to have 2 ladies sit out than to deal with risking vedith being scum or a yolobomber

It cuts the first dance still, but it is a lot less risk and it's easier to plan around than just no lynching and trying to solve the game with the 4 extra players since we can force a large group of scummy and useless players to leave
I'm not sure I agree with the principle of this. Does it make sense to completely avoid a mechanic simply because of the chance of the worst case scenario occurring?

In any case, I somewhat doubt that 2 ladies would even agree to sit out, apart from yourself obviously. If they did up until the end, it would almost certainly indicate that they were town in the first place, anyways. Is it worth it to kill two near-assuredly town ladies and three unknown gentlemen simply to avoid the worst case scenario?

Would it even make a difference between that number of people sitting out and scum quicklynching, in terms of the number of people dead?
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2075 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Moment »

I think both Vedith and Ankamius show themselves town from the discussion on page 73.

------
In post 1850, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1844, Ankamius wrote:Nancy what do your reads look like now
Nancy
Ank
Taly
Krazy
Dann
RC
Fire
Vedith
Pink Ball
DT
Alisae
Urist
Gamma
Moment
Brie
Allo
This readslist seems to me to correlate very strongly with thread presence (with highest presence being towniest and vice versa), which I find concerning.

------
In post 1853, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:However, that still leaves 1 of you unpartnered. So, I think maybe DT? If it wasn’t for our disastrous pairing in MU Lovers’ game, I would seriously consider him but we clashed in that - not anywhere as much as I’d probably clash with Moment, however.
A few people have mentioned this at this point, and I have to say something about it. I don't get the idea of "clashing" with a neighborhood partner. Certainly it's ideal to have a neighborhood with someone whom you feel you can solve the game with, but my view coming into the game was simply to pair with someone whom I could be absolutely certain was town. It's a part of the reason why I don't particularly want to scumread you – signing up for this game, in the back of my mind was the idea that if you were obviously town very soon I could just pair with you and be done with it.
I had Gamma previously much higher on my list but I can’t move her up until she A) explains her reasoning for how this setup is more beneficial to town than the previous one. B) Why she mentioned you specifically, in her scumread on me. C) I need to see more of her reads.
Do you truly believe that Gamma's mentioning of Ankamius specifically in is meaningful?
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2080 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by Moment »

TheBrie I also townread.

------
In post 1865, Taly wrote:x-x All of my ended games from 2018 to 2019 have told me I'm... a bit easy to pocket or I townread someone too quickly.
I'm inclined to townread this.

------
In post 1867, RadiantCowbells wrote:Mechanically I think pairing Drew is optimal rn
Mind elaborating on your thought process there? Of course, I already understand that you townread her – it seems like you're getting at something deeper, however.

Are you referring to yourself pairing with Nancy?

------
In post 1895, Dr Worm wrote:
In post 1875, Krazy wrote:Ok I reread Worm's iso now that I'm like 60% sure of his main and I'm still not sure but I'm not sure I entirely want him in my bottom two, and if I'm redoing my bottom males entirely then I should be thinking about DT anyway.

If Worm doesn't want to survive intermission I am not strongly opposed to him suicide bombing a scum lady although Alisae will probably say I'm scum for mentioning it--but I'm just being real here, Dance 2 will probably be hectic AF and my impression right now is that he doesn't want to replace out but can't keep up with the game while still giving informed reads.

@Worm is that what's going on with that last post?
NO

DR WORM knows it"s NOT BEST FOR TOWN if WORM is INNOCENT CHILI!! So WORM DIES before INTERMISSONS..
Ouch.

Sad that such a towny thought has to come from someone very likely to die.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2082 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 2076, FakeGod wrote:
Something_Smart replaces Alisae.
Welcome.

------
In post 2077, Krazy wrote:
In post 2075, Moment wrote:I think both Vedith and Ankamius show themselves town from the discussion on page 73.
Can you expand slightly on what you liked about Vedith's posts there? They felt slightly blah to me in my catchup this morning, not scummy blah more just kinda NAI
Despite his demeanor, I do believe that that conversation from both sides shows a
very
clear attempt to have a real discussion and come to some kind of understanding. A good example of that would be this specifically, although I believe it is shown throughout the entire conversation:
In post 1808, Vedith wrote:
In post 1805, Ankamius wrote:I'm ignoring you for the rest of the game
Seriously don't do this. It's pathetic if you do and I'm mainly getting frustrated because I'm actually trying to work with you on understanding your thought process.
------
In post 2079, Ankamius wrote:I'm not going to talk about the 5 people leaving predance thing anymore since it's pretty obvious nobody is going to humor it, Moment
Got it.

Still catching up, probably won't be the last time I ask a question that's answered later.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2094 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:10 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 2088, Krazy wrote:
In post 2085, Ankamius wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of post rock so my official opinion after having listened to about 30 seconds of it is a solid ok/music
what's your jam as far as music goes?
I'm sorry for being the ultimate anti-fun here.

Please stop.

Please include things like this in another post.

I'm literally spending hours catching up on this game. Please, just include it in another post.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2098 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 2097, Krazy wrote:
In post 2094, Moment wrote:I'm literally spending hours catching up on this game. Please, just include it in another post.
I'm not entirely sure how like one off-topic post interferes with your ability to do a catchup on the intervening 60 pages? Like I'm interested in what you're saying. I know I asked about TheBrie but my questions and other comments will still be here when you finish so I'm not trying to nuke your momentum. Just do what you gotta do man
It's not necessarily about the
intervening
pages.

------

I'm done for tonight.

I believe all of {Dr Worm, Vedith, Ankamius, Firebringer, TheBrie, Taly} to be town. Might add Krazy to that list after giving it a bit more thought.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2538 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:37 am

Post by Moment »

In post 2160, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:A) I agree with you that any ladies, willing to sit out of the dance are more likely to be town than scum, so probably not the best idea.

B) I didn’t say it (however you want to define it) made you scummy. I said, I didn’t think our playstyles wouldn’t mesh well together. Prove me wrong.
I never implied that you said as such.

------
In post 2179, RadiantCowbells wrote:Moment, TheBrie, SS, Pvturists are my strongest wolf reads as of right now. I'm very uncomfortable with how closely that aligns with sorting by post count. Hopefully one of them does something to show me that I'm wrong?
Why do you scumread me and TheBrie? I'm a little surprised to see you scumread me – I recall you saying somewhere in Witches' Halloween Ball that you had me as locktown.

------
In post 2200, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like if me/ND goes through regardless of my alignment if we don't get killed we are essentially de facto the endgame pairing. No one gets me lynched at that point. I would expect opposition from Krazy on the grounds that I'm an unsafe candidate for an endgame pairing: if I'm wrong on all of this Krazy you're welcome to talk more about this and help me understand where you are at.
Elaborate? I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at with "no one gets me lynched at that point".

------
In post 2249, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 2244, Dannflor wrote: Honestly this is where my scum reads on Pvt and Allo come from. They both feel similar to "having reads just for the sake of having reads"
Oh no. No no no.

Can't bait me if I have my mouth closed :shifty:
...?
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2544 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Moment »

In post 2539, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2538, Moment wrote:Why do you scumread me and TheBrie? I'm a little surprised to see you scumread me – I recall you saying somewhere in Witches' Halloween Ball that you had me as locktown.
I did. I don't townread you here. I feel like I would if you were town. If you are town and I'm wrong help me see it \o/
Have you considered that I would never willingly subject myself to scumreading Nancy Drew if I were scum? It's just not a strategy I would use.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2552 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:45 am

Post by Moment »

In post 2253, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2244, Dannflor wrote:Honestly this is where my scum reads on Pvt and Allo come from. They both feel similar to "having reads just for the sake of having reads"
I don't think that's actually a scum trait. Town feel the pressure to generate reads as much as scum do.
I believe town are more likely than scum to admit when they don't have reads.

Reading ahead, looks like . Perhaps a reason to townread him.
------
In post 2239, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2189, Firebringer wrote:has anyone read PinkBalls iso this game and just gone "wow this is a good read. 10/10 funniest best posts in this game".
Yeah, he’s mking this game fun. PB is the anti-moment.
In post 2254, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2197, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 2192, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2189, Firebringer wrote:has anyone read PinkBalls iso this game and just gone "wow this is a good read. 10/10 funniest best posts in this game".
not being sarcastic. PB iso is delicious.
Nancy I know you got some beef in the past with this bitch (female dog) but she's OUR bitch now
I tend to trust anyone who has a good sense of humour in general, so there’s that. :P

What I do know is this: A game with moment and not you, is a game I don’t want to be in.
Thanks.

------
Something Smart's attitude towards this game I feel is town. Specifically his concern with remaining unbiased, as well as his conversation with Dannflor that I linked earlier.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2595 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Moment »

In post 2479, Krazy wrote:like if Moment is just going to be completely inactive in your PT, like he is in thread, why wouldn't you just continue sorting and playing the game?
I'm not "inactive" this game. I have a reasonable level of activity for any game other than one in which upwards of thirty posts are made every twenty four hours and I resent the implication otherwise.

In no way can I be called inactive. Sorry that I don't have a three page ISO and respond to every garbage post in the thread like Nancy Drew does. My first post in this game came before I would even be in prod range and there were already 35 posts.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2596 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Moment »

That should be thirty "pages".
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2603 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Moment »

In post 2597, Ankamius wrote:Moment what do your reads looks like currently?
{Dannflor, Dr Worm, Vedith, Ankamius, Firebringer, SS, TheBrie, Taly} town.

That leaves {PvtUrist, Krazy, RC, Allomancer, DT, Nancy, Gamma, Pink Ball}.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3281 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Post by Moment »

Muffins was right.

Anyways, skimmed a bit. I'm open to pairing with either SS or TheBrie, but seems like Me+TheBrie is a popular pairing. I'm up for it.

I would, however, like to know in advance who SS is pairing with. I think he's town, but if people are going to lynch him anyways I would like him paired with a scummier Gent.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3284 (isolation #23) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by Moment »

Also, I no longer think Nancy is scum.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3285 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by Moment »

Scum gentlemen are among {Krazy, RC, Allo, DT}.
Scum ladies among {GE, PB}.

Decided just now to leave Urist out becaues of .
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3287 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Moment »

Is there a problem?
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3295 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3289, PvtUrist wrote:
You're a

Yes, ofcourse there is Moment. Maybe actually pay attention to things once in a while.
Fuck you.

------
In post 3290, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 3285, Moment wrote:Scum gentlemen are among {Krazy, RC, Allo, DT}.
Scum ladies among {GE, PB}.

Decided just now to leave Urist out becaues of .
Explain your read on me, if you please?
What would you like me to explain? I don't townread you. It's purely process of elimination.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3296 (isolation #27) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Moment »

Same goes to Brie.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3298 (isolation #28) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Moment »

The second line goes to Brie, that is.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3301 (isolation #29) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by Moment »

If it wasn't clear, I don't actually have any scumreads. Just townreads.

------
In post 3299, TheBrie wrote:
In post 3284, Moment wrote:Also, I no longer think Nancy is scum.
Why?
My scumread on her was informed mostly by her posting in the early game, which was characterized by far more empty questions and mechanical talk over any reads or other substance. As I began to read from the current pages instead, her posting began to resemble more of what I expect from her as town.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3317 (isolation #30) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3302, Ankamius wrote:Moment could you go into your townreads a bit? I have a reasonably strong townread on you and I think town needs to be able to figure that out too
I believe I've justified most of them, not that anyone reads anything I post (as evidenced by PB).

PvtUrist I decided to sort as town for his insistence that he should be lynched soon. I believe this to be genuine, and something that comes from town.

Dr Worm I townread for a similar reason, which I pointed out here.
In post 2080, Moment wrote:
In post 1895, Dr Worm wrote:
In post 1875, Krazy wrote:Ok I reread Worm's iso now that I'm like 60% sure of his main and I'm still not sure but I'm not sure I entirely want him in my bottom two, and if I'm redoing my bottom males entirely then I should be thinking about DT anyway.

If Worm doesn't want to survive intermission I am not strongly opposed to him suicide bombing a scum lady although Alisae will probably say I'm scum for mentioning it--but I'm just being real here, Dance 2 will probably be hectic AF and my impression right now is that he doesn't want to replace out but can't keep up with the game while still giving informed reads.

@Worm is that what's going on with that last post?
NO

DR WORM knows it"s NOT BEST FOR TOWN if WORM is INNOCENT CHILI!! So WORM DIES before INTERMISSONS..
Ouch.

Sad that such a towny thought has to come from someone very likely to die.
It's an unbelievably town motivated thought.

Vedith and Ankamius I explained in .

Firebringer I believe I sorted as town when reading through the early game. Probably in part for his frustration with Nancy, although I'm certain there were other reasons. I have it written down that his was towny, don't remember what it was.

Dannflor is admittedly a weak townread, but I believe it came from .

I scumread Taly when reading through the early game and honestly don't remember why I sorted him away as town, although I don't doubt myself at the moment.

TheBrie for reasons.

Nancy I just explained.

I believe that's all of them.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3319 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3310, Something_Smart wrote:I'm kinda thinking I want to pair with Thomas. Everyone else is too towny.
I would rather you paired with Urist. There's no need to be fatalistic with your lynch.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3320 (isolation #32) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Moment »

If there are no further objections,

TheBrie, care to dance?
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3323 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Moment »

I agree, I think Krazy/Taly and Worm/PB are unfortunate pairings.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3325 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3322, TheBrie wrote:Town reading Dann because he agreed with you there is not a good reason.
Probably.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3350 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3346, Krazy wrote:I'll leave first dance if RC promises to never sign up for another game where I'm already in the player list.
Seems uncalled-for.

------

Brie, you're breaking my heart.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3758 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Post by Moment »

I don't see where people are coming from on Brie being scum and if I'm being considered to be so towny then I should think that my own opinion should hold some weight.

Assume Brie is scum. Why wait to accept my offer and still be questioning Allo? It's that pairing with him is more likely to get her lynched whereas people townread me.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3760 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Post by Moment »

You hadn't brought up your scumread her at the time that I had made my offer.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3762 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by Moment »

Greater scum utility in being paired with someone people don't want to lynch as opposed to marginal utility from attempting to look town while potentially ending up in a pairing more likely to be lynched.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3764 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Post by Moment »

Nobody can make that statement and trying to think about that kind of hypothetical hurts my brain. I'm speaking purely off of what has actually happened so far.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3765 (isolation #40) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Moment »

If Brie is scum, she has played this situation purely to her own disadvantage, and in such a way that an attempt to salvage it now would only serve to hurt her image more. I don't believe that if she were scum in this situation she would choose to delay accepting in order to attempt to look townier.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3767 (isolation #41) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Post by Moment »

The evidence is that she has not yet paired with me. I believe the logical conclusion from that evidence points towards her being town.

Ideally, I would like to pair with Brie, if only because it might stop people from lynching someone whom I believe to be town. Failing that, I think Urist-Brie might be a good pair.

The problem is that I townread both SS and Brie but only one of the three remaining gentlemen besides myself, that being Urist.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3770 (isolation #42) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Post by Moment »

That doesn't sway me. I don't like to say this, but hopefully Ankamius would leave the dance if that were to become a problem.

I'm open to alternatives, as I've just proposed.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3773 (isolation #43) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3769, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3743, Ankamius wrote:I will read through SS' ISO momentarily
In post 3744, Ankamius wrote:Yup I agree with RC, this is town.

I don't see anyone playing the way he's approached this entire game from without having a plan to draw from, and the actual words he's putting out doesn't indicate that he is specifically pushing for any one outcome.

It makes a lot more sense as town than scum.
Moment what do you think of this?
I agree, I townread SS.

------
In post 3771, RadiantCowbells wrote:An alternative has been proposed: you pairing SS whom you townread.
Right.

------
In post 3772, RadiantCowbells wrote:Moment this game isn't about preventing the lynching of townies

this game is about ensuring the lynches of scums
I thought you said the exact opposite just a bit earlier?
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3776 (isolation #44) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3774, RadiantCowbells wrote:like if the two are
both town

then you pairing town gives us a locktown pairing regardless of whom with

and the idea of you just wanting ankamius to leave the dance to silence me is really awful.
I'm afraid it was my only response to what was essentially a threat rather than an argument.

I'm not exactly clear as to whom you're referring to when you say "if the two are both town".
I thought you said the exact opposite just a bit earlier?
you're misunderstanding.
you ensure the lynch of scums by making locktown pairs.
preventing thebries town lynch is meaningless in the same sense that preventing my own lynch in a world where i wasn't going to endgame was meaningless.
Your view is fatalistic. I don't agree with you in that TheBrie cannot go to endgame.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3777 (isolation #45) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3775, RadiantCowbells wrote:like

you're doing town a favor by pairing SS either way
I don't disagree. I simply believe that I can do better.

Nothing against you, SS. I can just do better than you :wink:
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3782 (isolation #46) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Moment »

Brie, I'd appreciate if you didn't accept my offer for the time being, until this is cleared up.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3784 (isolation #47) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3778, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3776, Moment wrote:I'm afraid it was my only response to what was essentially a threat rather than an argument.

I'm not exactly clear as to whom you're referring to when you say "if the two are both town".
It's a threat that I have to make? I don't think that thebrie is town. the arguments made in favor of her being town are 'purity' which I cant argue with.

My
argument
is that by pairing thebrie you're dividing town and removing a locktown pairing from consideration.
My argument has nothing to do with "purity". I believe I've been relatively straightforward.

------
In post 3780, TheBrie wrote:Had a long days work today. Had to wake up just after 3 AM. So I had to nap before coming on.
In post 3767, Moment wrote:The evidence is that she has not yet paired with me. I believe the logical conclusion from that evidence points towards her being town.

Ideally, I would like to pair with Brie, if only because it might stop people from lynching someone whom I believe to be town. Failing that, I think Urist-Brie might be a good pair.

The problem is that I townread both SS and Brie but only one of the three remaining gentlemen besides myself, that being Urist.
Are you then wanting me paired with you, and SS with Urist? (or viceversa). That could work.
But tell me, why do you think Allomancer is scum? I think I could work with him, and if you're town, I don't want to make RC kill you.
It's process of elimination.

What would you think of pairing with Urist?
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3785 (isolation #48) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3783, RadiantCowbells wrote:moment do you think that me/ss is ever scum v scum
I don't believe SS is scum in the first place, so I would doubt it.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3788 (isolation #49) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Moment »

Indeed.

For the sake of postcount and expedience you can go through the rest of this hypothetical slotting in what you believe my answers are, and I can inform you if there's some error along the way.

I do have to go to sleep.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3792 (isolation #50) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3789, RadiantCowbells wrote:Ok so we have

Moment hypothetically locktown
You can pair with 1/2 of {SS/TheBrie}
Either way, we get 1 strong endgame pairing.

Let's even assume for now that both SS/THeBrie are flipped town, so lets not make this about my read on TheBrie even.
In the remaining gentlemen pool, we have Allomancer, DT, Pvturist.
None of these gentlemen are endgame gentlemen unless they really town up the slots that they are present in.

So regardless of whether you keep SS or TheBrie alive, the other is dying before endgame because their gentleman is going to be inherently less trustworthy than other pairings that already exist

So preventing thebrie from being mislynched is a misnomer: regardless of who you don't accept, that pairing is going to end up removed from play.
Our disagreement again comes from a difference in perspective in that none of those people can be brought to endgame. I think Urist is decently likely to be town, although he has mentioned a desire to die before a certain point. In that sense Urist-Brie somewhat satisfies both of us.

I really just can't put in the same kind of effort that I used to be able to so I am actually leaning towards asking SS, if only due to weariness. I don't think that I could put in the kind of effort that I would need to to keep my pairing alive if I were to dance with Brie, especially if you're so inclined to tunnel her as you've stated.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3795 (isolation #51) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3791, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not even sure how I feel about TheBrie

I just think that whoever you get paired with, Moment, is going to end up being the conftown pair not nightkilled before endgame and I want to be super choosy about it
Here are my terms: accept them or don't, but I should hope that you at least consider them.

I ask SS, and you don't let your small doubt on Brie turn into a deathtunnel simply because you don't 100% townread her.

Something Smart, would you like to dance?

Time to go to bed.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3798 (isolation #52) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3793, Firebringer wrote:rc is a over controlling parent over moments love life.
Who shall I pick, the rebellious bad boy Brie or the choice that my overcontrolling parents want me to pick, SS?
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3800 (isolation #53) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by Moment »

On an unrelated note, I was recently considering that my username may have been a poor choice in terms of ability to search for people referring to me.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3802 (isolation #54) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by Moment »

And yes Gamma, I was ignoring your question.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5021 (isolation #55) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 5006, FakeGod wrote:
DoubtingThomas, who was
Mafia
Gentleman
, has
left
in
Second Dance

Something_Smart, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
Second Dance
Hey, cool. Sad that SS had to go for it to happen, but even still.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5027 (isolation #56) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by Moment »

Nice to be back. As you can tell, I prefer my dances a bit slower than most.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5028 (isolation #57) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 5012, Dr Worm wrote:MOMENTSBREAD does NOT MAKE TO ENDGAME so we KILL NOW!!
This I doubt. Looking at the most recent votecount, I can see that we've got two lynches left before LyLo, three left at most before the game is over.
VoteCount 2.7

Dr Worm - Pink Ball [0] -
Krazy - Taly [0] -
Dannflor - Nancy Drew 39 [0] -
Moment - TheBrie [0] -
PvtUrist - Gamma Emerald [0] -

Not Voting [10]
- Dr Worm, Pink Ball, Krazy, Taly, Dannflor, Nancy Drew 39, Moment, TheBrie, PvtUrist, Gamma Emerald

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to lynch

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2019-02-24 01:00:00)
My pool for scum from beforehand I have no reason to doubt given the information I know so far. Unfortunately, it seems like Vedith and Firebringer left the dance. That leaves the pairing with my highest confidence of both being town as Dannflor / Nancy Drew, and even there I have some doubts. Similarly unfortunate, every other pairing has one person I consider town and one other I consider as likely needing to die. Correspondingly, that's Worm, Taly and Urist as compared to PB, Krazy and Gamma.

That being said, I have yet to review anything of what went on during this day, which may change my preferences when it comes to order. Already I can see that DT and PB were voting together on DT/SS's counterwagon, which is something to look into.

Either way, I am interested to hear who you believe your endgame pairings should be if not me and Brie.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5777 (isolation #58) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:52 pm

Post by Moment »

I'm of the belief that, in games that aren't town sweeps, it's incredibly important that town has a player or players willing to go back and really review the thread to put things in context.

Apologies that I couldn't be that player this game. The circumstances weren't right.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5779 (isolation #59) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by Moment »

No comment.

Thanks for the game, FG.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”