Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also I was lying about having all the control during the game. I was running in two scum games,and had made the choice early on to be super lynchbait this game since ky role allowed it, so I wouldn't be overwhelmed. Volxen did most strategizing, with moderate commentary from myself and wisdom while he was alive. Hsd some good plans, but just didn't have enough in thread presence/charisma to get the pushes through.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2699, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, i get your point FB. I guess it just feels so egregious because it's based on something you can't actually control if you choose to login, and because other, similar pushes are based on an action taken, rather than the absence of any action, which you then attach meaning to.

Like, do we really want to oush people to never read their games unless they're prepared to make posts as well? Because that's what this does.

And just another point...I've definitely noted such things myself, and used it as another data point...but I've never used it as part of a case against someone. Bringing it to the thread is definitely ageist the spirit of the rules.
I mean the game isn't locked from you viewing it offline....and liger couldn't see offline reading.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2697, Pink Ball wrote:Move on people, boring topic. Let's talk about how amazing our PPG roleplay was and how much you missed it during the rest of the game
i laughed at half ur hydra posts and cringed at the other. overall not bad.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2702, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2697, Pink Ball wrote:Move on people, boring topic. Let's talk about how amazing our PPG roleplay was and how much you missed it during the rest of the game
i laughed at half ur hydra posts and cringed at the other. overall not bad.
Laugh and cringe is the definition of PPG so we did it 100% right then
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2701, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2699, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, i get your point FB. I guess it just feels so egregious because it's based on something you can't actually control if you choose to login, and because other, similar pushes are based on an action taken, rather than the absence of any action, which you then attach meaning to.

Like, do we really want to oush people to never read their games unless they're prepared to make posts as well? Because that's what this does.

And just another point...I've definitely noted such things myself, and used it as another data point...but I've never used it as part of a case against someone. Bringing it to the thread is definitely ageist the spirit of the rules.
I mean the game isn't locked from you viewing it offline....and liger couldn't see offline reading.
Agreed. But this, again, requires a rather ridiculous departure from what is likely the normal behavior of people to...log into their account, to avoid this particular brand of angleshooting.

Not logging in means site navigation, which is just another barrier to play.

And then if you do run into something you want to reply to, now theres that delay between deciding to post and being able to post. Not a huge thing, but it can definitely mess with how organic your posting is as any alignment.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2692, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 2690, Almost50 wrote:@Cerb: Why was I left alive? Not that I mind, but why kill FL and not me?
FL was killed for reasons wholly unrelated to the mason soft claim.

You were left alive because youhad shown willingness tk listen to volxen, as well as expressed a townread on them.
I had Hydra TBD in my sights
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I basically ignored PPG, fyi.<3

Couldnt be bothered with checking which head was which ppg. And without that context and with three heada to track the ebb and flow of. It just wasn't worth.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hydra wasn't even on our team then.

Like, I was salivating at the easy mislynch.
Imagine my...well, I don't want to say dismay, but...dismay, to discover my easy mislynch was on my team.><
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I've had traitors on my team twice now. And both time's they've made themselves incredibly easy lynches. :(
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i don't think this will cause a shift in meta. if anything this kind of angleshooting fails 99% of the time. I am surprised it was right here.
Show

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2707, Cerberus v666 wrote:Hydra wasn't even on our team then.

Imagine my...well, I don't want to say dismay, but...dismay, to discover my easy mislynch was on my team.><
Liger was right about it being your call to kill me. I didn’t see that. You were the only one I probably would have defended had it come down to it. Volxen i’d Have eventually given in and lynched
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2710, Flavor Leaf wrote:

Liger was right about it being your call to kill me. I didn’t see that. You were the only one I probably would have defended had it come down to it. Volxen i’d Have eventually given in and lynched
Yeah. As someone who was meant to be lynched, there was only downside potential from keeping you alive. :p

I mean, a case could have been made after you defended me and I flipped scum that you were scum, but by its very nature my role defeated any such poison pill maneuver.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 2700, Cerberus v666 wrote:Volxen did most strategizing, with moderate commentary from myself and wisdom while he was alive. Hsd some good plans, but just didn't have enough in thread presence/charisma to get the pushes through.
No, I also strategized. it's just that my plotting and planning was "less effective" than there rest of the scum team.
The Oxford comma is only technically optional.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2624, popsofctown wrote:I couldn't bring this up in the game without rolefishing myself, but RCE why did you claim no-movement D2? Our name positions switched, it was imperceptible to scum whether I moved up or you moved down.
By saying you don't know why my name moved you're claiming not to have the PR that moved it. As it turns out my PR was more powerful than yours, IMO, if you are hipster enough to disagree with that, it could have been adjacency cop for all you know. But you opened me up to increased roleblocking for little discernible benefit. I was trying to protect you.
If you had moved down I probably wouldn't have said anything but you moved in FL's direction whom I was hard townreading and thought that was your target. A50 was also up there but after the Mason claim came out you didn't move and I realized... I was just really bad. Then I still voted you to bait scum on your wagon. Really sorry q.q
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 2690, Almost50 wrote:@Cerb: Why was I left alive? Not that I mind, but why kill FL and not me?
Well regarding the nightkills:

Night One: I decided PPG should be killed because of Auro.

Night Two: Here was basically wanted to kill a strong/influential player who wasn't scumreading me, since we already had killed PPG on night one. And Flavor Leaf has a tendency to suddenly flip his reads out of nowhere, and he was townreading our slot on day one and day two, so I thought it would be good for him to die while he was still townreading us. :)

Night Three: Since the doctor (Pops) had just been mislynched and Moongrass couldn't roleblock on odd nights (we actually thought he was jailkeeper at the time), this was our opportunity to take out Alchemist. I actually really would have liked to have kept Alchemist in the game since he was heavily townreading me and defending me (more so than anyone else), but I was concerned that he might have had another investigative shot, and I didn't want to take the risk of him getting another innocent on someone or a guilty on Hydra TBD.

Night Four: We killed Nero Cain because 1) the slot was confirmed town and 2) we had no idea what to expect from him in terms of his gameplay. URAP2 was heavily scumreading me, Almost50 was townreading me, and Moongrass wasn't too suspicious of me at this time. So it just made a lot of sense to go ahead and take out this slot. Hopefully Nero Cain didn't spend
TOO
much time reading through the thread during night four after he replaced in... :D

Night Five: We basically had to kill Moongrass here because his plan was to lynch Cerb again on day six and then roleblock me on night six. Since Hydra TBD was already dead, this would mean that no kill would go through on night six, and the only defense I could fall back on was that scum purposefully didn't kill anyone to frame me. I decided it was best to just avoid that whole sequence of events altogether and take out Moongrass.

Night Six: If I had successfully pushed Icon's mislynch on day six, I would have killed Liger on night six. Previously I considered the possible advantage of having both Shiro and Liger alive in lylo (that Shiro would vote for Liger in lylo), but then RCE later revealed that when he gives someone a gun, that person becomes a dayvig the following day. Before RCE revealed that, we assumed that whoever he gave a gun to would become a nightvig the following night. And I was nearly 100% certain that following Icon's mislynch, RCE would have given a gun to Liger because 1) he was heavily townreading him and 2) he would assume that we would kill Almost50. So we would have had no choice but to kill Liger here to prevent him from being able to dayvig me, and then we would have tried to push either Shiro or RCE during day seven lylo.

So we actually didn’t have any plans to kill you because we really couldn’t afford to.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
Hydra TBD
Hydra TBD
Townie
Hydra TBD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Hydra TBD »

GG

Well played town!
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2710, Flavor Leaf wrote:

At one point I thought A50 had something on Volxen that made him +town or at least likely not scum but didn't want to specifically out it.

The tbd read was spot on though.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2714, volxen wrote:Night Six: If I had successfully pushed Icon's mislynch on day six, I would have killed Liger on night six. Previously I considered the possible advantage of having both Shiro and Liger alive in lylo (that Shiro would vote for Liger in lylo), but then RCE later revealed that when he gives someone a gun, that person becomes a dayvig the following day. Before RCE revealed that, we assumed that whoever he gave a gun to would become a nightvig the following night. And I was nearly 100% certain that following Icon's mislynch, RCE would have given a gun to Liger because 1) he was heavily townreading him and 2) he would assume that we would kill Almost50. So we would have had no choice but to kill Liger here to prevent him from being able to dayvig me, and then we would have tried to push either Shiro or RCE during day seven lylo
I don't think Icon ever gets lynched following the tbd lynch. But I almost pivoted to pushing Shiro so we could shoot one of liger/Volxen and Lynch the other. I was always going to gun A50 that night because he's the obvious kill and scum knows I know he's the obvious kill so I'd wifom and gun a scumread or something. But idk if scum is in a 10 layer deep meta rabbit hole so there's that.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 2713, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 2624, popsofctown wrote:I couldn't bring this up in the game without rolefishing myself, but RCE why did you claim no-movement D2? Our name positions switched, it was imperceptible to scum whether I moved up or you moved down.
By saying you don't know why my name moved you're claiming not to have the PR that moved it. As it turns out my PR was more powerful than yours, IMO, if you are hipster enough to disagree with that, it could have been adjacency cop for all you know. But you opened me up to increased roleblocking for little discernible benefit. I was trying to protect you.
If you had moved down I probably wouldn't have said anything but you moved in FL's direction whom I was hard townreading and thought that was your target. A50 was also up there but after the Mason claim came out you didn't move and I realized... I was just really bad. Then I still voted you to bait scum on your wagon. Really sorry q.q
What was your plan with respect to the Pops wagon though? To unvote him as soon as intent to hammer him was given?

On the topic of quickhammers, we actually discussed and seriously considered quickhammering Shiro on day five, because it looked like Hydra TBD was definitely going to be going down no matter what, so we figured Hydra should get us our third mislynch before they went down. The concern was that I needed to not be obviously connected to the quickhammer. You and Almost50 were already voting for Shiro at the time, and I was concerned about all three of us piling back-to-back on Shiro (even if there was a significant gap between our votes). But after Almost50 unvoted Shiro and you still had your vote on her, I seriously considered voting for Shiro and pushing her as a scumread to try and bait Almost50 into putting his vote back on her. Then I would have had Hydra and Cerb back-to-back vote and quickhammer Shiro a couple of hours after Almost50 placed his vote back on her. The idea being that Almost50 would have been the buffer between myself and Hydra/Cerb on the wagon and it would be harder to prove that I was in on the quickhammer.

In hindsight we probably should have tried to push Shiro rather than Icon on day five, as I underestimated just how unlynchable Icon really was even before Hydra's flip. I ultimately tried to push Icon rather than Shiro on day five as I didn't feel that I could make that extensive of a scumcase against her beyond her all-game-long tunnel on Liger and the fact that it didn't really make sense for town!Shiro to think that Liger and I were scum together since I aggressively pushed for his lynch on day three.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Yes, so the wagon on pops was all conftown + moon who was hard defending me. Town is going to hesitate but scum need the Lynch right. I felt at the time that if scum didn't push pops Lynch through then it just wasn't going to happen. Someone on the back end had to hard claim scum. But Cerb intended on hard claiming scum anyways. So like .mild success? Demoralizing anyways but yeah.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 2717, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 2714, volxen wrote:Night Six: If I had successfully pushed Icon's mislynch on day six, I would have killed Liger on night six. Previously I considered the possible advantage of having both Shiro and Liger alive in lylo (that Shiro would vote for Liger in lylo), but then RCE later revealed that when he gives someone a gun, that person becomes a dayvig the following day. Before RCE revealed that, we assumed that whoever he gave a gun to would become a nightvig the following night. And I was nearly 100% certain that following Icon's mislynch, RCE would have given a gun to Liger because 1) he was heavily townreading him and 2) he would assume that we would kill Almost50. So we would have had no choice but to kill Liger here to prevent him from being able to dayvig me, and then we would have tried to push either Shiro or RCE during day seven lylo
I don't think Icon ever gets lynched following the tbd lynch. But I almost pivoted to pushing Shiro so we could shoot one of liger/Volxen and Lynch the other. I was always going to gun A50 that night because he's the obvious kill and scum knows I know he's the obvious kill so I'd wifom and gun a scumread or something. But idk if scum is in a 10 layer deep meta rabbit hole so there's that.
Damn, good on you then, if you really would have gunned Almost50 then that alone would have guaranteed town's victory as Almost50 could have simply shot me or shot Shiro and then I would have still been lynched. I really didn't think that you would try to out WIFOM us with mindgames regarding who you would give a gun to, but apparently you were already thinking along those lines. :)
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Lol you guys blocked me on my first two guns so I had to panic.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Punishing players for playing well is bad game design.

Giving incentive to a player to play in a lazy, lynchbaity manner is bad game design.

Otherwise, game seemed interesting. gg town.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

also, chenn should never in a million years have been lynched.
103-11 0-2
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

2/10 would Lynch again.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”