Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:31 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 171, Fenchurch wrote:I kinda stopped updating these after page 4 or so - in the early game there is more to keep track of. I had Klick as most likely town based on how CES seemed to be fixated on convincing him, and based on his reaction to CES' question, although the fact he hasn't posted in 2 days now wasn't so good. Then I had Primate as my next pick because his feelings about the game most closely matched mine ('dread' at having to shoot correctly). Poro and Cpol went down to scum now for not being active at all. Jack has been active but I still thought was scum based on her consistently calling me scummy for no reason.
I would also point out that as per Fenchurch's reads, her claimed most likely scenario was essentially Klicktown being manipulated by the scum and she took no steps to remedy that - a hypothetical Fenchurch-Klick town would have surely lost with a Klicklynch (admittedly, there's some residual feeling here that if I were scum, I'd've taken more steps to assure a quicklynch rather than the current drawn-out procedure which gives us a second chance to connect).
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Nexus »

i am trying hdu
Trans rights are human rights.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:38 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Dammit I don't have my phone at the moment and I couldn't log on from work so haven't been able to post all day!

Myko
it's not Primate or CES or Poro,
it's me
. Primate has given very little info and it makes no sense for him to not realise there's no harm in giving his reads now. CES' play is harder to pin down which is why I had him in my 'unconfident about reading' pile but it is still his typical scum-play; low key and logical, but also low energy. Poro is just... continuing to act like he's not sure who the other townie is, wtf? Even if it's not 100% confirmed as you, there's no reason to operate otherwise right now.

I feel like two things are likely:
a) scum were hesitating about pulling the trigger on the lynch because so many of them are inactive.
b) Tom got worried when we made a connection yesterday and decided that it was necessary to try and cut it short
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 200, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I would also point out that as per Fenchurch's reads, her claimed most likely scenario was essentially Klicktown being manipulated by the scum and she took no steps to remedy that - a hypothetical Fenchurch-Klick town would have surely lost with a Klicklynch
Maybe, but I've been struggling this whole game with how to demonstrate my towniness without being able to give reads.

Also I'd like to point out that a bunch people have been throwing suspicion at me, but nobody has given reasons why, which is exactly what happens when the majority of players are scum and I end up getting mislynched (or mis-shot in this case).
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 200, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I would also point out that as per Fenchurch's reads, her claimed most likely scenario was essentially Klicktown being manipulated by the scum and she took no steps to remedy that - a hypothetical Fenchurch-Klick town would have surely lost with a Klicklynch
And I was taking steps, those steps were just to generally be as active and open as I could be. My approach was to be town, not just towards one person.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:50 am

In post 203, Fenchurch wrote:Also I'd like to point out that a bunch people have been throwing suspicion at me, but nobody has given reasons why, which is exactly what happens when the majority of players are scum and I end up getting mislynched (or mis-shot in this case).
I don't think that's been happening. Just had a look through searching for "Fen" and the only person throwing shade at you I found have been me, just now, and Poro, both of us explaining why.

Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Samantha Eyzburg »

So who are we blaming for our loss if I happen to shoot badly?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:54 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 181, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:I think the Klick thing was always about CES. If CES is town, he'd never give away the game as easy as that and mark who has to be lynched (and then has to cope with the eternal doubt that CES is playing him). I think he'd always have the hope to get lynched somehow, so "getting it all wrong" helps in that sense. And it's a forceful move, together with his "plan", getting people to move around him so he could observe.
Should CES be scum, it's a fake trail. Klick hasn't done anything on his own merit, so it's not even a gamble whether CES is double bluffing.
Myko - I can't really follow your reasoning here - what are you saying that you CES' supposed plan was? Who has to cope with the doubt?
Samantha Eyzburg wrote:So who are we blaming for our loss if I happen to shoot badly?
Don't shoot badly :wink:
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 205, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I don't think that's been happening. Just had a look through searching for "Fen" and the only person throwing shade at you I found have been me, just now, and Poro, both of us explaining why.
I've done the same search and I get Jack, CDB, Poro's , etc etc, and only one reason there which is in Jack's post, which I addressed myself.

Poro's reason just now is that my posting my reads list ruins my defence. That's just nonsense; there was a clear, pro-town reason I was cagey earlier, but now once a lynch has been determined and it's not me, then it really matters very little.

Your reason is because I didn't direct myself at Klick enough, I've given my reason for that too.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 208, Fenchurch wrote:etc etc
Full disclosure... I stopped searching here, these etceteras are for rhetorical purposes.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:25 am

I actually worked backwards and stopped when I didn't find anything on page 4 (so Poro's #108 was also my last and he gives detailed reasons later.) At best we're talking 2 comments on page 3, when there's no reason to believe you'd be the designated mislynch (if I have to get myko or Fen mislynched, the obvious choicd is surely myko).

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Samantha Eyzburg (7) -- Xtoxm, ChannelDelibird, cpol, JackODiamonds, Kyrion, Klick, Davsto

Not voting: Nexus, Porochaz, Fenchurch, Wenna, Cogito Ergo Sum, Primate, Samantha Eyzburg

14 alive, 8 votes to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Okay so, my thoughts I've had throughout the game, spoilered for space.

Spoiler:
In post 32, Fenchurch wrote:2 scum down, 10 to go. But I guess I can't tell you who.
At this point it was CDB (gut read, based mainly on the flying saucer image) and Davsto (mainly , combined with his other two nonsense posts).

I've been through my reasons for placing a vote... at the time, because of the grace period, I figured it was safe and made sense as a way of conveying some info on my feelings about the game, without giving a full reads list which is what I would normally do.
In post 57, Fenchurch wrote:Klick: what made you ask that question of Primate?

I have 4 scummy reads now. Why am I the only one voting?
So, I did try and engage Klick here, because of the way CES was treating him already made me think perhaps he was the other town. My four reads here were really more like 2 full reads and a bunch of half reads...
Davsto as even more sure scum for his reaction my vote
CDB based on the same gut-read
Myko for a bunch of short joke posts and questions that sounded kinda fake/anti-town
Nexus for just doing mostly nothing
CES for his smug 'I have a plan' and the way he was treating Klick
Kyrion for having just one post and it being a joke
Lianne for hanging back a bit

A bit later I asked CES why he was focussing purely on Klick. I asked this because I was trying to get a handle on what that interaction was, whether Klick was town and CES was hoping to fake a connection, whether it was just a scum-bluff, or even a mistake.

I also thought
In post 81, Fenchurch wrote:It would be super bad if the other townie is Wenna.

Xtoxm, Kyrion, Poro, Nexus, Cpol. Of the people who have posted, you all have the least content which makes me feel able to reading you. In itself that could say a lot, but. If you're town, please make sure you do something about it in the next day before the deadline.
I actually also thought the possibility of Wenna being town was kinda funny, with me there in a pool of scum, just looking for the one town who didn't exist. But I also hoped that she understood the game enough to recognise the importance of participating if she was town, and that her lack of posts was just an indication that she was scum.

I called out this group because I felt like all their posts so far had been silly joke posts, which in the context of this game probably means scum, but coming from these players, there was a chance one of them would be playing that way as town (e.g. as in that wereleg game where Chris did a bunch of crazy stuff and used his commute). And it did help clarify things, e.g. Nexus continued to post nothing but 'you're scum' - and CDB's reaction made me feel a bit more confident in him being scum too. Kyrion's question about how people could have scumreads seemed pretty fake. Cpol was less helpful but his insistence on being unhelpful was made clear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also in looking back I've remembered this interaction, which at the time struck me as scum-scum:
In post 68, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:A small part of it also was that I thought Primate's "galaxy brain" thing seemed unlikely to be intended to appeal to me which suggested that the other townie would be more appreciative of memes, but that's not really an angle I'd like to rely on.
In post 69, Primate wrote:all my posts are designed solely to appeal to me.
CES accusation is such a strange and stretchy one to make - it's clearly just the kind of thing that Primate says - and so both the accusation and defence just seem very fake and awkward.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 211, Patrick wrote:
Votecount

Samantha Eyzburg (7) -- Xtoxm, ChannelDelibird, cpol, JackODiamonds, Kyrion, Klick, Davsto

Not voting: Nexus, Porochaz, Fenchurch, Wenna, Cogito Ergo Sum, Primate, Samantha Eyzburg

14 alive, 8 votes to lynch.
l-1 yet scum seem reluctant to hammer so wagon is on scum game solved damn someone pls join to give scum a hard time so theyre forced to make a townie endgame rather than town just being shot
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:29 am

In post 212, Fenchurch wrote:
In post 81, Fenchurch wrote:It would be super bad if the other townie is Wenna.

Xtoxm, Kyrion, Poro, Nexus, Cpol. Of the people who have posted, you all have the least content which makes me feel able to reading you. In itself that could say a lot, but. If you're town, please make sure you do something about it in the next day before the deadline.
I actually also thought the possibility of Wenna being town was kinda funny, with me there in a pool of scum, just looking for the one town who didn't exist. But I also hoped that she understood the game enough to recognise the importance of participating if she was town, and that her lack of posts was just an indication that she was scum.

I called out this group because I felt like all their posts so far had been silly joke posts, which in the context of this game probably means scum, but coming from these players, there was a chance one of them would be playing that way as town (e.g. as in that wereleg game where Chris did a bunch of crazy stuff and used his commute).
I think the fact that you put more effort into addressing this possibility than getting a possible Klicktown on your side is fairly telling.
CES accusation is such a strange and stretchy one to make.
You say strange and sketchy, I say amazing if true.

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Fenchurch »

I'm not even sure where to begin on Poro. I think I've responded to Poro's case against me in , but hopefully now it is even more clear why there was value in me posting information about my reads even without a full list; it's because I can demonstrate afterwards that those posts were genuine. It's true that I made a mistake about the standard JoB play being to lynch the second-most townie player. And I'm not sure even now what he means by 'if you have to ask' about why it's bad for a townie to vote. It seems completely contradictory to his position now that the wagon might be on scum....

is just bizarre. I've posted my historic reads to evidence that I have been having them throughout the game, even though I haven't been posting them. However, giving *current* reads is just meaningless, as well as suggesting that he'll re-read Myko's post. Either Myko is town, in which case the very most important thing is that he shoots correctly. Or Myko is scum, in which case we will get to Day 2 anyhow (and for this reason, I'm almost certain Myko is town, as there seems no benefit to scum lynching one of their own... they simply lose an opportunity to win by mis-shooting).
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:38 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

IF YOU ARE SCUM AND YOU DON'T GENUINELY BELIEVE YOU MIGHT BE MISTAKEN FOR TOWN, VOTE SAM IMMEDIATELY
#greenshirtthursdays
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Nexus »

vote sam
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Nexus »

'ello my lovers
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:42 am

Thanks mate
#greenshirtthursdays
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Nexus »

ily
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:45 am

Been a pleasure playing with you all again, good luck scumpals!
#greenshirtthursdays
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Patrick »

Samantha Eyzburg - Vanila Townie - lynched day 1.

He now has 11 vengekills to decide on. There is a soft deadline of 24 hours from now, but there won't be any punishment such as random kills for being slightly late.

Don't make eye contact...
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:31 am

Post by Patrick »

Samantha Eyzburg guns down a lot of people. Alot. Until only 3 players remain alive.

Xtoxm - Mafia Goon - shot day 1
ChannelDelibird - Mafia Goon - shot day 1
JackODiamonds - Mafia Goon - shot day 1
cpol - Mafia Goon - shot day 1
Kyrion - Mafia Goon - shot day 1
Klick - Mafia Goon - shot day 1
Davsto - Mafia Goon - shot day 1
Nexus - Mafia Goon - shot day 1
Fenchurch - Mafia Goon - shot day 1
Wenna - Mafia Goon - shot day 1
Porochaz - Mafia Goon - shot day 1

And now with the Jungle trimmed down considerably, we have a 3 player endgame. Deadline Monday 6th May, 11pm.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Primate
Samantha Eyzburg
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 am

Huzzah!

Vote: Primate

Is there anything in particular we need to discuss, myko?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”