Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:You know, I am beginning to think these forums are adverse to logic, or something.

I offered logic the last time, and got lynched for it.

I am offering logic this time, and it appears I shall be lynched for it again.

FlameAxe, instead of just saying "OBVIOUS SCUM", as you did in Pikmin, how about you, oh, I dunno, say WHY it makes me "obvious scum"?

You did not last game, and, well, look what I turned out to be that time around.
A) Ongoing games rule...AGAIN. If you plan on playing mafia on this site, please read the site rules. It isn't that hard and is posted at the top of every subforum.
B) Content finds scum, yes. But in this case, content can also reveal kings. We don't want that for obvious reasons.
C) Your odds make me giggle.
D)
How about we drop FAKE hints about who the Khalifs are, in an attempt to get the Assassins to slip up? Of course, we would have to masterfully disguise these fake hints, but it is possible.
Could you be any stupider? Probably. Only time will tell.
E) I suggest reading the AITP game run by Eldarad for Marathon day to figure out this strategy.
F)
And quicklynching could, just as easily, have lost all three. It is pure chance, and, in the end, makes you let hints loose about who the Khalifs are.
Content does no different.
A) Did I comment at all on the game besides my own death? I am just pointing out that the last time someone Day 1 Bandwagoned me, it turned out to not be the best thing to happen.

I did not, in any way, shape, or form, try to influence the game.

I COULD get an offsite game to reference, but, since people on here seem to be so distrustful of other Mafia sites...

B)

I already explained why content is more helpful than it is hurtful. Well, at least it hurts less than quicklynching.

D) Best thing about fake hints: We make them look like real hints. And we make sure to drop real hints in the process, to confuse the Assassins.

E) I already explained how easily quicklynching could have gone in the Assassins' favour.

Also: Shy Guy, if you could tell me how my post was hurtful to the town, I would be pleased.
EBWOP:

Not that it matters, anyways. I put no stake in games in which I am dead. I, frankly, do not care who wins that game, anymore.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

A) The rule is "do not discuss ongoing games" not "do not influence games with other games". Again, read the rules.
B) What makes you think general scumhunting will help us any more than a quicklynch?
D) It's retarded.
E) Read B.

I'll let JD chime in to call you dim.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Here, I helped you find it.
The Rules wrote:Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where allowed to do so by your role. Likewise, do not use bbcode to hide secret messages - this equates to discussion outside the thread.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by JDodge »

You're dim. Mostly you're thinking other games have any bearing on your alignment here. Please die.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

A) And was that rule not implemented for the sake of people not influencing on-going games?

B) Because you will end up with a better chance of lynching scum than lynching a guard? And the people you are reluctant to quicklynch will be pinpointed as Khalifs by the Assassins?

D) Confusing the Assassins is retarded?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:A) And was that rule not implemented for the sake of people not influencing on-going games?

B) Because you will end up with a better chance of lynching scum than lynching a guard? And the people you are reluctant to quicklynch will be pinpointed as Khalifs by the Assassins?

B) Yes, and you can just as easily give the assassins a better chance of hitting the kings. Why would you want that, scum? Oh wait, I answered myself with my question. Teehee.

D) How you get there.

A) Rules are rules. If you don't follow them, you shouldn't be able to play. Period.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

JDodge wrote:You're dim. Mostly you're thinking other games have any bearing on your alignment here. Please die.
I already admitted that I could see you logic in the fact that my role in one game does not effect my role in another.

What I was pointing out is the fact that in any game (And fine, FlameAxe. I shall never mention the Pikmin game again, even though I am already dead in the damn thing.) bandwagoning is no good, because you have far more of a chance of killing a townie than scum. In this game, it also points out who you are reluctant to bandwagon to the Assassins, whom can then presume that those people are the Khalifs.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Why the hell are people random voting??? Don't you guys understand how anti-town that is in this kind of game?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Flameaxe wrote:
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:A) And was that rule not implemented for the sake of people not influencing on-going games?

B) Yes, and you can just as easily give the assassins a better chance of hitting the kings. Why would you want that, scum? Oh wait, I answered myself with my question. Teehee.

D) How you get there.

A) Rules are rules. If you don't follow them, you shouldn't be able to play. Period.
B) Wait, what are you talking about? How will scumhunting in any way give the Assassins a better chance of hitting the Khalifs?

D) Dropping fake hints about who the Khalifs are is retarded? mind to explain why?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Yosarian2 wrote:Why the hell are people random voting??? Don't you guys understand how anti-town that is in this kind of game?
It's not random voting. Its quicklynching the scum. Hop on.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by JDodge »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:
JDodge wrote:You're dim. Mostly you're thinking other games have any bearing on your alignment here. Please die.
I already admitted that I could see you logic in the fact that my role in one game does not effect my role in another.

What I was pointing out is the fact that in any game (And fine, FlameAxe. I shall never mention the Pikmin game again, even though I am already dead in the damn thing.) bandwagoning is no good, because you have far more of a chance of killing a townie than scum. In this game, it also points out who you are reluctant to bandwagon to the Assassins, whom can then presume that those people are the Khalifs.
Except that any Guard who starts a bandwagon would know enough not to start one on a Khalif. One must question why you didn't notice this - the best reason being that you are an assassin. Diescumdie.
stream

ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Yosarian2 wrote:Why the hell are people random voting??? Don't you guys understand how anti-town that is in this kind of game?
How is it anti-town in this game?
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:
How is it anti-town in this game?
ABWOP:

Random voting is here for the sake of starting discussion. Few people ever go through with their random vote.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

JDodge wrote:
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:

Except that any Guard who starts a bandwagon would know enough not to start one on a Khalif. One must question why you didn't notice this - the best reason being that you are an assassin. Diescumdie.
Row! Row! Row!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Flameaxe wrote: It's not random voting. Its quicklynching the scum. Hop on.
The first couple of posts were random voting. That = bad.

Everyone needs to go back and read the first game, ASAP.

Also,
vote:Zombieslayer
. He claimed guard so therefore he needs to die.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

JDodge wrote:
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:

I did notice that. I said you would have more of a chance of killing a townie (In this case a guard) than killing the scum.

In fact, where did I ever mention bandwagoning a Khalif? Or even voting a Khalif?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:
ABWOP:

Random voting is here for the sake of starting discussion. Few people ever go through with their random vote.
We need to, at all costs, avoid any kind of behavior that might give the scum any information. This is actually more important then the actual act of finding scum. Since random voting is somewhat more likely to give scum information then anyone else in the setup, it's bad. Basically, the town's main goal needs to be to keep the scum confused. Also, sorry, but you now need to die.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Yosarian2 wrote:

Also,
*facepalm.jpg*

You know, if I had not claimed guard, you would have said something along the lines of:

"Oh, well you are accused of being scum, but you have not denied it! Therefore, YOU MUST BE SCUM!"

I still do not understand that kind of reasoning.

I mean, damned if I do, damned if I do not. Kind of sucks. Really does.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

The whole point:

Info finds scum and reveals khalifs. That is quite bad.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Yosarian2 wrote:
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:
ABWOP:

We need to, at all costs, avoid any kind of behavior that might give the scum any information. This is actually more important then the actual act of finding scum. Since random voting is somewhat more likely to give scum information then anyone else in the setup, it's bad. Basically, the town's main goal needs to be to keep the scum confused. Also, sorry, but you now need to die.
How does random voting in any way give scum information?
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Flameaxe wrote:The whole point:

Info finds scum and reveals khalifs. That is quite bad.
My point:

Fake info finds scum and does not reveal Khalifs. That is quite good.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by JDodge »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

Also,
*facepalm.jpg*

You know, if I had not claimed guard, you would have said something along the lines of:

"Oh, well you are accused of being scum, but you have not denied it! Therefore, YOU MUST BE SCUM!"

Yes. It does. The most pro-town thing you can do at this point is vote yourself - if you are town, you have outed yourself as a guard and are thus useless to us. If you are scum, you're dying anyways because of the first. Sorry, try again next game.
stream

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote: *facepalm.jpg*

Ok, you're already dead, but I'll explain this for the benifit of any other pro-town people who didn't read the first game.

The ONLY WAY the town can win this game is if we stop the scum from figuring out who's a guard and who's a Khalif. If someone claims guard, they tell the scum you're not a Khalif. That's the worst thing a pro-town person could do.

NO ONE SHOULD EVER CLAIM ANYTHING IN THIS GAME. Under ANY circumstances. Ever. To do so is a very anti-town act. You're now either a useless guard no scum will ever target, or else you're scum. Either way, it's necessary for the good of the town that you die now.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

JDodge wrote:
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

Also,
*facepalm.jpg*

Yes. It does. The most pro-town thing you can do at this point is vote yourself - if you are town, you have outed yourself as a guard and are thus useless to us. If you are scum, you're dying anyways because of the first. Sorry, try again next game.
How would I be useless?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

You claimed guard..durr...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”