Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

that question is properly directed to bingle since at that point in the game I think everyone was frustrated and exhausted enough to accept any lynch he proposed.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:17 am

Post by Oversoul »

I did notice the fact that if we had proposals later in the deadline we were more likely to get them to pass. I held mine for that reason. Wish I didn’t have to replace our, but good game everyone when I was here!
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:54 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 3289, Bingle wrote:Oh, btw, Dunn won us the game.
I know I lorded the shit out of the win, but Dunn caught the double voter gives us majority bit.
And I probably wouldn’t even have been willing to go for it if I didn’t think HH could get to endgame by themselves without us.
Wait a minute this was my idea :mad: And then you almost proposed giving it to Cheeky :lol: This game was amusing behind the scenes. I could not have asked for better people to three stooges through this with. A game like this probably requires a lot more compromise then people are used to (let the kentucky guy have his weird statue). Uh not to the point of voting yourself though. I'm not used to this fascination with flipping people for associations pre-flip, I was very confused why Titus flipping town could possibly clear me of anything and momo-RC fighting seemed very town suicidal.

I'm sorry I refused your date pops :( I was happy to play with you again even if you don't remember how many times that's happened!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 3325, Iconeum wrote:Why was I lynched?

Genuinly curious
Your ISO was short, so I could fake a legitimate scumread on you easily.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:59 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 3328, Shadoweh wrote:Wait a minute this was my idea And then you almost proposed giving it to Cheeky This game was amusing behind the scenes. I could not have asked for better people to three stooges through this with. A game like this probably requires a lot more compromise then people are used to (let the kentucky guy have his weird statue). Uh not to the point of voting yourself though. I'm not used to this fascination with flipping people for associations pre-flip, I was very confused why Titus flipping town could possibly clear me of anything and momo-RC fighting seemed very town suicidal.
Wait, you're not Dunn?

:o

:P
This is a Parachute.
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:22 am

Post by AP »

In post 3312, RadiantCowbells wrote:Also, "because I'm being scumread" is a pretty shitty misrep. I get scumread a lot and I don't replace out of every game. I have pretty specific criteria for considering replace outs that wouldn't be considered unreasonable coming from any other player.
I'll be frank: On the one hand I hate it when people replace out, regardless. It hurts the game. On the other hand I completely understand how frustrating it is sometimes to be pushed just because you are you, with no real case. I can't say I blame you for it, but sometimes I wish you'd consider some people actually want to play with you.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Bingle »

I've waffled on that over the years.

I don't replace out because a game is unfun, personally, because I made the commitment to the game and I'm unwilling to compromise on that.

With that said, having seen some of the toxic shitshows (Team Mafia cough cough) which can occur when somebody should replace out and doesn't or the mods should have stepped in and forced people to cool off and didn't, I'm of the opinion that if someone thinks they need to replace, you let them and leave it at that. It takes a different kind of courage to admit that maybe, just maybe, NOT being in the fight is better than winning it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

I dislike the loss of game integrity.

This particular game didn't seem toxic past the threshold where I start to empathize strongly with wanting to replace out. It was pretty unexpected.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Ninja Tailor (Night): Each Night, you may choose a player; other roles will interact with that player as though they belonged to the opposite faction (e.g. a Town player would appear Scum on investigations, and vice versa). This action is not visible to other roles, e.g. a Tracker will not be able to see you use it; also, a Captain will not be able to direct it.

wow i was right there was literally a role to make Dunn reveal as town
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 3331, AP wrote:I'll be frank:
Please don't, btw. I prefer when you're AP.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

I prefer when he's Almost50
"Well, I..."
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:23 am

Post by pisskop »

No, Almost50 is fine, tyvm
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:23 am

Post by pisskop »

le lulz
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 3334, Shadoweh wrote:Ninja Tailor (Night): Each Night, you may choose a player; other roles will interact with that player as though they belonged to the opposite faction (e.g. a Town player would appear Scum on investigations, and vice versa). This action is not visible to other roles, e.g. a Tracker will not be able to see you use it; also, a Captain will not be able to direct it.

wow i was right there was literally a role to make Dunn reveal as town
It wouldn't work, the Tailor was only meant to affect other actions used the same night (with the Innocent Child being a Day action).

The Venge-Vanillaiser could remove the Innocent Child modifier from a player, though, so the lack of investigation of town wouldn't necessarily be conclusive if the Venge-Vanillaiser had been eliminated earlier and turned out to be scum.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by momo »

Sorry for the necro, but I've been thinking about this and I owe RC a public apology. While I don't view myself as completely to blame, I started viewing RC's emotions as invalid, and made this game worse for him, for the mod, for me, and for the other players.

I accused him of cheating and tactical replace outs and the worst part is, other people went along with that accusation. That was completely uncalled form, and I'd just like to say that I'm sorry.
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”