Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I knew after we lynched Ico the game was over.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:21 am

Post by pisskop »

big oof on the team

congrats hh, i gave up and tred you about N2
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:42 am

Post by apthet »

It's sort of reassuring to see that I was slowly getting closer to the truth of the matter with Hidden Happiness & Bingle compared to how off I was on D1, but I don't think that I would have solved even with an extra day. I would definitely have been distracted by AP. Definitely a fun game to play but it didn't seem like we had much of a chance.
sometimes i want to rest
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:08 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 3291, popsofctown wrote:like Bingle can be all proud and gloaty that he passed his proposal day 1 and all that the main thing is that whatever proposal passed felt like it should have happened sooner.
Most of the being gloaty was posturing to set us up in case I fucked things up, tbh.

D1 was p much all oversoul. Not sure why, but I repped into a universal townread slot and I don't think I would've been able to get away with any of this without that. The stuff about how I was responsible for everything was all to prevent you guys from figuring out my partners. I know at least MariaR is among the best scum on site and being humble about my role might have tipped that hand a little.

I'm not so much an asshole that I think this win was all on me. I am so much an asshole that I will present that face to the thread while there's still a chance to lose in the hopes it minimizes that chance. See specifically: my comment that LUV should be pretty mislynchable.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oversoul's fake townspew is gdlk.

He also fooled MariaR in Starry Night.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3303, Bingle wrote:
In post 3291, popsofctown wrote:like Bingle can be all proud and gloaty that he passed his proposal day 1 and all that the main thing is that whatever proposal passed felt like it should have happened sooner.
Most of the being gloaty was posturing to set us up in case I fucked things up, tbh.

D1 was p much all oversoul. Not sure why, but I repped into a universal townread slot and I don't think I would've been able to get away with any of this without that. The stuff about how I was responsible for everything was all to prevent you guys from figuring out my partners. I know at least MariaR is among the best scum on site and being humble about my role might have tipped that hand a little.

I'm not so much an asshole that I think this win was all on me. I am so much an asshole that I will present that face to the thread while there's still a chance to lose in the hopes it minimizes that chance. See specifically: my comment that LUV should be pretty mislynchable.
I respect this. Play the game however you want as long as it isn't unethical
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I would have enjoyed this a lot more if my role pm was green DX
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 3280, RadiantCowbells wrote:Titus accusing me of tactically replacing because I said your reads aren't very good is pretty unkind.
Replacing out because youre getting scumread and dont feel like dealing with that is plenty dubious in itself if you ask me....
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Bingle »

Sorry I fear killed you, Vec. I assumed you'd catch onto me faster than everyone else.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Vecna »

I think you'll find the spectator chat somewhat confirms you made the right call there
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

I hope my driveby accident post didn't scare anybody too badly
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:54 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'd rather replace out of a game that I know is going to be absolute hell for me early rather than play it out and end up forced to contemplate replacing out of a game that continues to be hell once the game has swung to one alignment or another.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:56 am

Also, "because I'm being scumread" is a pretty shitty misrep. I get scumread a lot and I don't replace out of every game. I have pretty specific criteria for considering replace outs that wouldn't be considered unreasonable coming from any other player.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

scum pulled this out, awesome.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Vecna »

Frame it however you like. From my reasonably neutral pov Momo issued a weak scumread and the situation escalated because of the way you responded to it.

I also strongly feel that replacing out for in-game reasons is stupid. Replacements should mainly be for reallife reasons only. This forum has a serious problem with way too many replacements in most games already, which is made worse by such replace-outs.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3288, popsofctown wrote:
In post 3283, RadiantCowbells wrote:HH is scum
Oh Dunnstral claimed LUV as scum during d3.

I guess he was screwing with me?
Actually I was still trying to pretend to be town just in case
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

My edit to the setup would be to make the deadline 7 days and not let proposals extend the day more then 24 hours, day 1 lasting 3 weeks so people voted for the sake of voting etc
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by Bingle »

Okay, I've got a bit of time:

I think that Creature's complaint is valid. If you make Compulsive Quitter a role that can show up, but still keep the lynching every day mechanic, you can have that dichotomy of arguing for lynch that most people are going to be active in and also have the fine tuning proposals discussion that's going to be a magnet to people like me and Vecna.

Keeping the lynch and the assignment separate also lets town try to get rid of potentially troublesome roles like, say, doublevoter and D3 King if they can't trust anyone enough to keep them. Or they can use it to get rid of things like Macho.

I also think Timid and things along those lines are interesting, and would love to see more of them.

You seem to have a handle on the deadlines issue, although I would say that a maximum day length would probably be worth including too. Like, even with a lack of proposals stacking extensions, you can still end up with an uber long D1. Forcing town to reach their consensus early with a maximum day length (I'd say 2 weeks is usually more than adequate, but the actual deadline is dealer's choice, I suppose) means scum can actually play to the wincon of keeping town disorganized.

Building to the stronger town roles doesn't seem like something you need to fix, tbh, but I do think you might need to buff town a bit overall if you keep the factional rolestop. We were pretty unconcerned about night actions for pretty much the whole game because of it, when normally things like FN and motion detector can be pretty damn troublesome.
Fish Monger
Fish Monger
Goon
Fish Monger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by Fish Monger »

Bingle, give it a go

do it
1-0/0-0/0-0
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I agree with 3314, I am not going to crucify RC over it, but I've finished lots of mafia games I wasn't flat out enjoying to preserve integrity for the other players.

The awkward thing about the proposals is it's like literally the U.S. Sennate where people pass bills extremely unobjectionable bills like, "yeah, we should probably give veterans at least as good retirement benefits as we give to people who work similar amounts of time," to give an really uncontroversial example. Then the Senator from Kentucky staples onto it "beeteedubs also +10,000$ for Kentucky to build a kewl statue in the town square". At least my AP history teacher says that happens. Anyway, there is definitely that effect here, the way this game is setup. Grinding all the way down to the THIRTEENTH proposal maybe cuts past that if you debate it all the way but it's soooo grindy. So you end up with stuff like "D3 King Jingle" and people are too tired to object it's like, effing whatever man, just end the game, he's my third highest townread not my highest townread but it's too exhausting to argue about it. And that cuts a difference from standard mafia where there's only one choice and you absolutely can argue to try to get your #1 scumread lynched over your #2.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by pisskop »

I think Id like Democratic-Republic: The Mafia game.

A large theme where people elect people to hammer out proposals.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by pisskop »

ohhhhh.

Yo, if somebody wants to help me/ me to help them get that rolling. i'd be interested in it.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 3304, popsofctown wrote:Oversoul's fake townspew is gdlk.

He also fooled MariaR in Starry Night.
tbh i was very worried you would go 'wait a minute why are we still townreading bingle for oversoul being town'
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Regardless of my current rate of replacing out I probably still have the highest games replaced into - games replaced out of over my career.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I liked the concept of this setup