RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4475 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:26 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Jjd was the only person being considered In a 2 scum so idk what knowing there was 1 scum left would have changed.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4476 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:27 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I'm not sure why you feel the need to insult people. Hope it makes you feel better.

p-edit

@A50.
<(") | (")>
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4477 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:27 am

Post by RCEnigma »

A50 language there are children here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4478 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I was so obv town
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4479 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:28 am

Post by PenguinPower »

:shifty:
<(") | (")>
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4480 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:28 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Not day 1 FL ;D
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4481 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:34 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yeah, not day 1. But day 2 on :lol:
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4482 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Kagami »

I don't think there's much you could have done, JJD. You "knew" that Bingle was scum, and you had an innocent on you. It was obviously suboptimal to lynch you.

You maybe should have dug up the Ceph-You interactions, or Bingle-scum interactions to support your case, but I doubt that would have made a difference at that point. It should have been reasonably clear that lynching the "scum cop" was strictly better than lynching you (as croag correctly argued) and that there was obvious scum motivation in pursuing you first.

The reason the final Day went like it did is that Town was totally and utterly fatigued. I don't think there's really much that could be done other than trying to address the fatigue directly. People were set in their opinions, even with a cop inno on you, and needed to be shaken up.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4483 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:41 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m mostly happy that I knew not to stay on JJD by my death. I was wrong anyways, and a big component of the 4 scum mindset, but I’m most upset I even let my JJD town read from all game fizzle when I started to be all confused. Town tell by me, though :)

FakeGod wants me to consider using my stuff for good instead of evil.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4484 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4469, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:So as not to be mean to anyone I shall refrain from commenting on any individual play. I just want to say that had we joined the "unkillables" on N1 we would have exposed the lie on D2, and we would have probably had reason enough to -at least- pressure Bingle on that day (at least until chandra slipped). You worry about caffeine? We LOST by caffeine still.
Not really?

I had a completely protown motivation for claiming we couldn't be killed by scum. If there were no scum in the hood, they wouldn't kill the hood. There's no real blowback on me for gambiting like that. If anything that specific lie would probably have strengthened my position in the town and I'd have become the last person in that hood to be lynched.

If anything, I probably would have been able to lynch a doc.

At that point, instead of 4 caffeine addicted players we would have had 7. At that point, instead of 6 players who couldn't be copcleared (5 after the pelican lynch) we would have had 10 (9). The cops would have been functionally VT's (and croag/PP probably never would have acted.) Pine wouldn't have acted. It would have had very little bearing on the pops/gobbs/FL lynches.

In short, the game wouldn't have been town imploding 5 feet from the finish line, it would have been a fair race.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4485 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4482, Kagami wrote:You maybe should have dug up the Ceph-You interactions, or Bingle-scum interactions to support your case, but I doubt that would have made a difference at that point. It should have been reasonably clear that lynching the "scum cop" was strictly better than lynching you (as croag correctly argued) and that there was obvious scum motivation in pursuing you first.
This is mechanically wrong, btw.

With the assumption of 2 scum, JJD was always the correct lynch. He could theoretically have been scum with either cop. Lynching him first means the cop has to choose who to kill before the 1v1, and town has more information when making the choice.

Lynching a town cop resulted in a scumwin in more cases than lynching a town JJD.

It just so happened that we were actually in LYLO and it didn't matter who I lynched, but town Jingle always argues the optimal lynch there and vecna would have caught on if I hadn't.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4486 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:19 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4475, RCEnigma wrote:Jjd was the only person being considered In a 2 scum so idk what knowing there was 1 scum left would have changed.
I would have been in a 1v1 with Vecna instead of JJD, JJD would have been hardcleared, and I wouldn't have won.
This is a Parachute.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4487 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:24 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 4485, Jingle wrote:
In post 4482, Kagami wrote:You maybe should have dug up the Ceph-You interactions, or Bingle-scum interactions to support your case, but I doubt that would have made a difference at that point. It should have been reasonably clear that lynching the "scum cop" was strictly better than lynching you (as croag correctly argued) and that there was obvious scum motivation in pursuing you first.
This is mechanically wrong, btw.

With the assumption of 2 scum, JJD was always the correct lynch. He could theoretically have been scum with either cop. Lynching him first means the cop has to choose who to kill before the 1v1, and town has more information when making the choice.

Lynching a town cop resulted in a scumwin in more cases than lynching a town JJD.

It just so happened that we were actually in LYLO and it didn't matter who I lynched, but town Jingle always argues the optimal lynch there and vecna would have caught on if I hadn't.
Why is Marquis + cop less likely than JJD + the less scummy cop on a 4-man team?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4488 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Kagami »

(any mislynch is a loss on 4-man team anyway)
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4489 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:26 am

Post by Kagami »

And if it's 3-man, JJD is wrong every time, whereas scum cop is correct.
Day One Wagon
Day One Wagon
Goon
Day One Wagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4490 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Day One Wagon »

In post 4474, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:No. I guess you're right. With 2 clears on me none of Scum!Bingle, Butthead!Vecna or Peepee-Brain!Penguin would vote me like EVER.

WAIT! They all DID! But you're still right because you know everything.
You missed part, where you wouldn't be caffeinated and people would have to lynch cop partner first, so yes, I KNOW EVERYTHING, while you try to ignore what isn't convenient to you
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4491 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:33 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 4486, Jingle wrote:
In post 4475, RCEnigma wrote:Jjd was the only person being considered In a 2 scum so idk what knowing there was 1 scum left would have changed.
I would have been in a 1v1 with Vecna instead of JJD, JJD would have been hardcleared, and I wouldn't have won.
You literally made one of the cops with an inno think JJD could be scum in a world of 1 or 2. So that's not a fair statement lol.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4492 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4487, Kagami wrote:Why is Marquis + cop less likely than JJD + the less scummy cop on a 4-man team?
Oh right, you think shooting a scumbuddy as scum vig is a viable choice. :mrgreen:
This is a Parachute.
Day One Wagon
Day One Wagon
Goon
Day One Wagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4493 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Day One Wagon »

In post 4492, Jingle wrote:
In post 4487, Kagami wrote:Why is Marquis + cop less likely than JJD + the less scummy cop on a 4-man team?
Oh right, you think shooting a scumbuddy as scum vig is a viable choice. :mrgreen:
In a 4 man team, when scumbuddy is under heavy fire? Why not. But then there's other question, would Marquis do it?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4494 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 4492, Jingle wrote:
I think it's an excellent choice! He would have won this game handily, wouldn't he?

Normally, people wonder why you are living so long, but wait, you're caffeinated and all your subsequent shots are terrible.

Maybe you'd be worried the gig is up if you get investigated, but wait, you're ascetic.

If Marquis were a scum vig, it would almost be silly ~not~ to shoot his most scumread buddy N1.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4495 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:18 am

Post by Jingle »

After lynching a vig, having another vig claimed who was unlikely to shoot him, and with knowledge of significant town power? Yeah, I don't think there was enough suspicion on Fish to warrant that D1. I also don't recall him being under that much pressure. Sure he was suspected, but D1 pushes are really easy to come back from.

:shrugs:
This is a Parachute.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4496 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:07 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 4495, Jingle wrote:I also don't recall him being under that much pressure. Sure he was suspected, but D1 pushes are really easy to come back from.

I blame the town who placed their heads in their asses and told me to back off from Fish.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4497 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:08 am

Post by kuribo »

Oh and who kept following counterwagon after counterwagon

And then suspected Pine despite him being the only surviving member of a neighborhood who already had one dead scum and in a game where people said stuff like "MY WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD IS TOWN WHEEEEEEE"
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Day One Wagon
Day One Wagon
Goon
Day One Wagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4498 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:17 am

Post by Day One Wagon »

In post 4497, kuribo wrote:Oh and who kept following counterwagon after counterwagon

And then suspected Pine despite him being the only surviving member of a neighborhood who already had one dead scum and in a game where people said stuff like "MY WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD IS TOWN WHEEEEEEE"
For the record, my whole hood was town.

Also, that post was mainly reaction test to highlight terrible gamestate we were in
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4499 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Bingle »

My whole hood was town too!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”