Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9600 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

I mean I would do it separately too lol.
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9601 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

Maybe Titus could be the town treestump and I would 1v1 her but I wouldn’t hydra with this setup.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9602 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9600, Reasonably Rational wrote:I mean I would do it separately too lol.
Did Cerb tell you about FF Tactics?

I still have fond memories of that game XD
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9603 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=70103

Link if anyone cares :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #9604 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:04 am

Post by Titus »

Math, I agree the setup doesn't usually lend itself to hydra treestumps. Drixx and Cerb have hydraed together so well they are practically one persona. Their hydras run much smoother than ours.

As for being a town treestump again, I need a break of at least two months before doing that again. Winning as a town treestump in this setup is exhausting and I had a town familiar with my meta and brought the best out of each other. I think I have found the trick to this setup as town, my next goal is to find the method of cracking it as scum.

I also wouldn't mind being a draftable player.

It looks like SS and the worst have a bonafide hit on their hands. Best new mechanic here. So many people are excited about it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #9605 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Espeonage »

In post 9591, Titus wrote:
In post 9576, Espeonage wrote:I could beat Titus though.
In post 9577, OkaPoka wrote:WOW TITUS ARE YOU JUST GOING TO TAKE THAT
If you're serious, I call dibs on the scum treestump.
Hit me up in a month.

I'd need to give it full attention and I can't right now.
Don't @ me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #9606 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Titus »

This setup took being vulnerable in ways that I usually wasn't even from day 1. At EoD 1, I wanted more time to look at Maki hydra because of an intense migraine. Spiffeh told me town needed the lynch then. If I didn't know Spiffeh was town, I might have dug in my heels and accused Spiffeh of rushing the lynch. Yet that type of lynch is exactly what I drafted Spiffeh for.

Then on day 2, it was a perfect storm to suspect S and W. Given the D1 lynch hit scum, I supposed it was a trap so I'd clear Sherlock by my VCA. In trying to predict what scum was doing, I almost fell into my own vices which would have been bad.

Then there's the AF desire on Day 2. I knew it was largely a town push. That's why I had to abandon the mason wifom when OkaPoka told me the effect on the town. I'm sure others said that too but his stood out.

I wasn't sure Bitmap was scum. I was like 75% sure. I knew I had the thread backing because of the pressure I got on his fakeclaim. It makes sense to use a neighborize before a Cop/GS shot as you'd have a safe place for crumbs. Doctor did not. When town agreed, that's when I locked on.

Then there was leaving the Ank case on the thread floor when no one liked it. I did but town was doing so well at that point, I'd be dumb to push my desires there. Listening to town is what got us that far. Still it was hard not to go into them full tilt when I expected a major headspace thinker to be scum. Gobble's thoughts really helped me not go crazy here.

I am glad Amrun wasn't upset with me highlighting her conftown status. I supposed she would be blocked as an outed "loyal mailwoman". Her dayplay was struggling, and she knew it. Scum killing her was a net positive over Oka or Gobble. I agree with Drixx or Cerb there.

Then there's the RR play. RR I find incredibly hard to read. I know they are weaker on D1, regardless of alignment. Sure in hindsight there were little things that I should have been suspicious of, but they were not so glaring to be obvious (example: giving reads when I asked). RR is a player whose AtE is very effective on me. They can make me regret pushing on them as either alignment. Given I knew I had trouble challenging RR on that level, I worked from a theory that let town hypothetically mislynch him but still having us win.

Winning as a town treestump requires that level of self-reflection and teamwork. That's why it's exhausting.

So even though it was a "stomp", the result doesn't reflect how close I felt this game was.

Thanks guys.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9607 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

I think krazy was right in that this game went as well it did mainly because despite having so many players that are perfectly capable of going off and pushing the game into their own direction with these huge pushes that they won't back off from... it just never really happened.

Town LISTENED to each other and considered what the others were thinking and took it into account, and so we never had these huge derailing lynches that disrupt town and give scum space to hide.

The scumteam lost mainly because of this, because the type of play that the scumteam primarily utilized is hard countered by town going this route. I think that by itself is remarkably impressive, it's very rare to see towns work together like this despite how much a lot of us butted heads throughout the days.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #9608 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Titus »

+1 I agree and that's an aberration from my normal play that's exhausting. I had to structure my entire play, pregame to end, to avoid extreme ego conflicts. That was much harder than expected. I'm glad you were able to take the suspicion and not tilt because of it Ank.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9609 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Ankamius »

I only kept it together because I specifically baited the scumreads to protect my PR

I walked a very precarious line and I'm glad it worked out well enough to keep me alive to help swing the last lynch
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9610 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Ankamius »

fuck getting PRs though
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #9611 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Titus »

I do have to commend Gobble for dealing with the distancing. He had asked me to be harsher to him to hide him being a mason. It ran counter to my nature because my instincts are to protect those on my team. Oka and Gobble both had to deal with that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #9612 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:00 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 9570, Titus wrote:I'm glad no one was legit pissed I didn't pick them. I really worried that people would react like RR did.

That's a big reason I WOTCed some people. The drama would be bad.
I hate you. Why didn't you pick me? It was Krazy, right? I hate you Krazy.
<(") | (")>
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9613 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Krazy »

She did pick us, the dice simply disagreed :P
vote conspiracy
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #9614 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:43 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I hate the dice, then.
<(") | (")>
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9615 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:04 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Next stump game

PP v. Dice

Or even better

PP v. THE WHEEL
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9616 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:25 am

Post by OkaPoka »

gobble did a pretty good job hiding pr for like first two days

its only when amrun flipped when i connected the dots
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9617 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Krazy vs Flavor
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9618 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 9602, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9600, Reasonably Rational wrote:I mean I would do it separately too lol.
Did Cerb tell you about FF Tactics?

I still have fond memories of that game XD
Tactics was pretty sweet. Silly game though.

Silly Varsoon making town think they had awesome powers when in reality the game was effectively mountainous with a D0 where everyone was town and a N0 where nobody died. :P

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”