Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Michael Scott »

@Dave: I had exactly one reply to Nancy about coaching and that was because she still misinterpreted what I was trying to imply ("I wouldn't have two votes on me now") etc. Sure, one more that I don't think her role is complicated.

And the other one where I reference coaching is part of an attack on Sore Feet, so I don't see how it's as fluffy as you're calling it?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 2324, Venus and Mars wrote:Wrt to Sore Feet, Xtoxm’s AtE to me at the beginning of the game, sounded really townie. Do you think he would do that as scum?
I think to an extent AtE is not too difficult to fake and the payoff is high as I said, as people tend to townread AtE easily.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nancy, you're making me super uncomfortable, and if me pointing that out makes you feel hurt, c'est la vie.

You figuratively bit my fucking head off for daring to
null
read you.

I feel like you try to make people feel deficient on a human level, whether intellectually or morally, for opposing you on an in game level.

On an in game level, it seems actually bizarre to me that you genuinely think claiming to be essentially an inventor, not a town only role, in a UPICK, makes you basically conftown. I say if it were to come down to lynching you or chk, I'd rather lynch you, and you point out that isn't the scenario rn. I agree. That isn't the choice atm, and I don't want it to be. That shoulda been clear.

But it is possible for someone to both be intelligent and playing in good faith, and not townread you here.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Michael Scott »

@Fonzie: She picked literally the same role as in a previous game and got it, and it's also a +town role if she gets her picks right. It's totally plausible she sees this as obvious town.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Titus »

Nancy, let the thread breathe. Let scum make a move. Either a) the scum are using you, b) you're helping them, or c) they're coasting. You may learn more by listening.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2328, Michael Scott wrote:@Fonzie: She picked literally the same role as in a previous game and got it, and it's also a +town role if she gets her picks right. It's totally plausible she sees this as obvious town.
She can see this as obvious, but it's not from a neutral perspective, and emphasising "I'm a hardclaimed power role!" when everyone is presumably a power role is of no value. Anyway I just really don't want to talk about Nancy; it makes me unhappy and I don't think she's particularly scummy. My game related thoughts basically boil down to "Nancy is probably town, but scum are probably claiming to TR her because why would you release the almighty power of her OMGUS when you don't have to?"
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Sure. You wanna join on SF? Or do you townread them?
sore feet
sore feet
Goon
sore feet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:09 am

Post by sore feet »

In post 2310, Michael Scott wrote:What's interesting is Sore Feet taking that "coaching" comment which I said was weak and that
I was townreading VM pretty strongly
, and then asked me why I wasn't voting VM.

That's a weird misrep and empty question.

The funnier thing is - I was voting BTE, I said let's wagon KA, but I never moved my vote there. Looking back I've sorta been inconsistent a lot in the game, so it's scummy for SF to pick up *this instance* which isn't even inconsistent.
yeah i didnt quite pick up on this so my bad
you jumping down my throat over it seems kinda out of whack
hydra of xtoxm & wooper!!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2331, Michael Scott wrote:Sure. You wanna join on SF? Or do you townread them?
I think I'm conflicted on SF, though to be honest I don't really remember what that's based on, and I want to go play DND instead of mafia rn.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 2332, sore feet wrote:yeah i didnt quite pick up on this so my bad
you jumping down my throat over it seems kinda out of whack
I explained why it was problematic even then.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:14 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2328, Michael Scott wrote:@Fonzie: She picked literally the same role as in a previous game and got it, and it's also a +town role if she gets her picks right. It's totally plausible she sees this as obvious town.
It being a town role in LNT does NOT make it a town role here.

"How could that ever be a scum role?" Nancy pertinently asks.

Easily, grifter only sends (I presume) 3 slots to a boonus round and can be gated within the realm of:

- must select X number of town per night. So 1 or 2.
- rewards for winning the boonus round could be antitown in nature
- in LNT grifter didn't even have to choose 3 just up to 3 players.
- in LNT it had to be publically activated and seems like that's not the case here so it isn't immediately verifiable in the same way

Then even in the event the role is town. I would argue this isn't really an essential town role. It gives agency to one players reads and the consequence is a potential detriment to town.

Meaning if Nancy is town with bad reads it increases scum chances of A.) Being picked and 2.) Winning additional abilities or modifiers.

Those are bad things. Not good. Bad. Malo. Unfortunate.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Note that I'm not arguing it can't be, I'm saying I can see why Nancy thought it would be.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2327, The Fonz wrote:Nancy, you're making me super uncomfortable, and if me pointing that out makes you feel hurt, c'est la vie.

null
read you.

I feel like you try to make people feel deficient on a human level, whether intellectually or morally, for opposing you on an in game level.

On an in game level, it seems actually bizarre to me that you genuinely think claiming to be essentially an inventor, not a town only role, in a UPICK, makes you basically conftown. I say if it were to come down to lynching you or chk, I'd rather lynch you, and you point out that isn't the scenario rn. I agree. That isn't the choice atm, and I don't want it to be. That shoulda been clear.

But it is possible for someone to both be intelligent and playing in good faith, and not townread you here.
In THIS game, I don’t recall doing that and yes you did hurt my feelings. If that truly doesn’t matter to you, then obviously nothing I’m going to say will make any difference anyway. :/. How am I an “inventor”? I hardclaimed Vanna White, gameshow host. Can you please explain this to me?
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2337, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 2327, The Fonz wrote:Nancy, you're making me super uncomfortable, and if me pointing that out makes you feel hurt, c'est la vie.

null
read you.

In THIS game, I don’t recall doing that and yes you did hurt my feelings. If that truly doesn’t matter to you, then obviously nothing I’m going to say will make any difference anyway. :/. How am I an “inventor”? I hardclaimed Vanna White, gameshow host. Can you please explain this to me?
There was supposed to be a question mark in there, somewhere.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2329, Titus wrote:Nancy, let the thread breathe. Let scum make a move. Either a) the scum are using you, b) you're helping them, or c) they're coasting. You may learn more by listening.
How are you so sure they’re not pushing me? because I’m not but you may have a point. I just can’t recall any game ever where I hardclaimed tpr and STILL continued to get sr for it. That has literally never happened to me before and I honestly don’t know how to wrap my brain around it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2339, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 2329, Titus wrote:Nancy, let the thread breathe. Let scum make a move. Either a) the scum are using you, b) you're helping them, or c) they're coasting. You may learn more by listening.
How are you so sure they’re not pushing me? because I’m not but you may have a point. I just can’t recall any game ever where I hardclaimed tpr and STILL continued to get sr for it. That has literally never happened to me before and I honestly don’t know how to wrap my brain around it.
I include scum pushing you as categories a b and c.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:01 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2335, RCEnigma wrote:

Easily, grifter only sends (I presume) 3 slots to a boonus round and can be gated within the realm of:

- in LNT it had to be publically activated and seems like that's not the case here so it isn't immediately verifiable in the same way

Then even in the event the role is town. I would argue this isn't really an essential town role. It gives agency to one players reads and the consequence is a potential detriment to town.

Meaning if Nancy is town with bad reads it increases scum chances of A.) Being picked and 2.) Winning additional abilities or modifiers.

Not trusting I can have decent reads is a horrible reason to mislynch me. You are also conveniently forgetting that there’s a town advantage to not having to make those reads public. For example: I wanted to enter AC in the Boous round in LNT but we didn’t because Krazy told me that they already have a big enough target on them already, so I was not always able to make the selections I wanted because of that. By not outting my selections, I don’t have to think about those things and as such, I would argue that makes my role even townier because of that. Have you seen my role pm? I’m not even sure if I HAVE to submit 3 or up to 3. You acting like you know my role better than me and seeing it as scummy and a negative utility because you’re trying to discredit my ability to make good reads, is concerning.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2340, Titus wrote:
In post 2339, Venus and Mars wrote:
I include scum pushing you as categories a b and c.
Oh okay. I know Auro thinks they’d all be pocketing me and obviously Fonz thinks that as well but if scum decided to push me pre-claim, then they would also have to know that suddenly doing a 180 on me, would look super scummy. More likely, they would be smart and change their read on me at a believable pace, so yeah I disagree with Auro and Fonz, that they’re necessarily pocketing me rn, especially if the initial plan was to try and get me mislynched.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1333, Venus and Mars wrote:I’ll catch up more later. Titus is very likely town and I bet money that once Amrun starts reading the game, she will be mildmelding with me on that. If anyone cares, she also similarly game slipped in Restless Ghosts but it’s the little more subtle things in her posts, is mainly what make me tl her. Amun has correctly tr her in both TM and the last Boon game. I don’t understand the current GB votes, his response to the pressure on him, looked townie to me.

Conspire’s catchups seem townie to me as this specific type of detailed catchup reads have been far more likely to come from town than scum, from my experience.

@Vecna, are you any kind of sticky fruit vendor? This could be significant because of Titus’ role or do you just straight out spread viruses?

@Fonz and @chk? How tf am I a null to both of you here? What have I been doing that is even remotely different here than in the last game?
@Fonz, is the post where you think I “bit your head off”? Because I was just asking a question here. I assure you, it was nothing more than that. I only recall doing it to you that one time in the last game and I think I already apologized to you for that and if I hadn’t already done that, I’ll apologize for it again and again because that totally wasn’t cool of me to do that to you. I swear to you I have not done that to you in THIS game but if you misinterpreted my post that way, I want to clarify that 100% wasn’t my intention.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 2121, Venus and Mars wrote:Btw chk, I look fwd to your “case”. I can’t wait to smash it into pieces.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

You mean your bs sr on us? damned straight! What are you going to say chk, when my flip literally proves you wrong? I am so looking forward to that.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2341, Venus and Mars wrote:

Not trusting I can have decent reads is a horrible reason to mislynch me. You are also conveniently forgetting that there’s a town advantage to not having to make those reads public. For example: I wanted to enter AC in the Boous round in LNT but we didn’t because Krazy told me that they already have a big enough target on them already, so I was not always able to make the selections I wanted because of that. By not outting my selections, I don’t have to think about those things and as such, I would argue that makes my role even townier because of that. Have you seen my role pm? I’m not even sure if I HAVE to submit 3 or up to 3. You acting like you know my role better than me and seeing it as scummy and a negative utility because you’re trying to discredit my ability to make good reads, is concerning.
You're reading the things I'm saying. But you are t reading them and that's unfortunate.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

Spoiler:
In post 2346, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 2341, Venus and Mars wrote:

You're reading the things I'm saying. But you are t reading them and that's unfortunate.[/quote]

I don’t understand.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I know.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 2345, Venus and Mars wrote:You mean your bs sr on us? damned straight! What are you going to say chk, when my flip literally proves you wrong? I am so looking forward to that.
The same thing we do every day, Pinky.

Try to take over the world.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”