Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Wait, Abandoned??

Wtf happened!? I was going to catch up this weekend!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 4219, Krazy wrote:That I still had pink ball as town after he accused me of gaslighting him like his ex girlfriend when I was right about smol and right about titus and he was wrong about both is like lowkey wild
Wanted to come back to this but I died: I didn't accuse you of gaslighting me, I said I felt like that which looks like the same but it's completely different, since with that wording I'm blaming myself for feeling like that and not putting that onto you. I sometimes feel disconnected with reality because of that past experience and I know it's on me, not on whoever I'm interacting with. I'm really sorry for not being able to clarify that during our interactions, for real. I ended townreading you and scumreading Titus after our 1v1 but that's not the way I like getting better reads lol hope you can forgive me
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Firebringer »

PINK BALL WE LOVE U
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 4223, GeorgeBailey wrote:i'm glad hectic didn't sell me even though he probably should have lmao.

great game!
We discussed this thoroughly and hard townread you, I think it was never an option
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 4227, Firebringer wrote:PINK BALL WE LOVE U
:]
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Prism »

I know the decision to abandon is disappointing for pops, but I was very glad to see it. I think my attitude was best summed up when I told pops I'd rather the game be abandoned than have us win.

To be blunt, I have never been so completely bored with a mafia game. At first it was because I just hate playing scum. At some point Day 2 it became not worth playing entirely. The only people playing even remotely well were Hectic/Searchers/JC, and all of them had significant flaws (Hectic wasn't proactive enough and didn't take advantage of his position, Searchers went 50/50 on reads but that's fine for Day 3, JC put in a ton of energy but the reads didn't quite follow)

I just have never had a more ugly, vicious, and downright condescending attitude towards a game. It's not a pretty side of me. I could keep it at bay and post at times but 3/4 days into Day 3 it became clear that it was not going to change.

I kept a private PT where I could share some of my thoughts/notes. Most of them are me being a condescending asshole and the thread will be deleted, but I'll quote the ones that could be somewhat insightful.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Prism »

Spoiler: PT posts that I think are useful:
Night 1
In post 2, Prism wrote:I guess we're doing the lightning rod claim. I am pretty sure this is a terrible idea, but I'm not going to stop it.

Generally my instincts for who will townread what are still sharp. Farkran and Spiffeh townread exactly what I expected them to [Elaborated on in post 6], I suspect Hectic did initially as well but I might be on slightly shakier ground now. I expect to never really be able to satisfy Gamma without flipping the power town switch, which I don't want to do. [Minesweeper gave me a chance to do this without being public about it!] I'm not really eager to carry the game even if it's possible for me to do so. My role is also the least suited for it.
In post 5, Prism wrote:I guess for Day 2...

A Despair Night lynch would be nice. I'm pretty sure this winds up going on Foxy though. Town has a lot of players that will be difficult to lynch. The entire point of shooting Cappy is because they're probably never getting lynched. The rest aren't that town but won't really go down without a fight. I have no fight in me, though, and the lurkers will almost certainly be lynched by default today.

Getting townread by BY likely sets me up in a good position and wouldn't be too hard. Blake's ego and Taly's admiration of them are both glaring personality flaws to be exploited.

My approach to them Day 1 had two phases. In the first, I tried to avoid them as a topic simply because the longer it takes them to realize my strength the better. The longer it takes them to realize it the worse of a position they'll be in. I'm not really out be fancy here, I'm more about just winning than doing it with skill. In the second, I decided to modify my approach a bit to avoid a fight later down the road. Draw attention by directly engaging, but play purposely below my level to get to locktown status and then just never get reevaluated. This didn't really work: Blake really isn't interested in others, which is fine with me.

Farkran is townreading basically what I want him to. He'll reevaluate at some point but I can probably win the 1v1 by exploiting his comments about me. Hopefully pops can just carry this side of it.

Spiffehbringer I can get to townread me for a day or two at a time with some one-off comments but they're probably the biggest threat this game. I can get them to toneread me for oneliners but they're too smart for that, and fortunately memory of those brief impressions are short. I will likely never get townread by them longterm, and this is probably the N2 nightkill.
That Spiffehbringer death was tragic from a "What makes this game fun/exciting?" viewpoint but a godsend as far as winning the game went.
In post 6, Prism wrote:I doubt I'll wind up releasing this but in case I do it might be helpful to point out specific examples.

#412 was made specifically to get townread by Farkran. The timing was such that I was going to hold my tongue about a lot of his ideas of my play from #409, but that some things, notably my drive to not lose the same way, could not be held back. All of #410-#412 were made to give this impression.

Scrutinizing the Spiffeh slot and pushing early only to back off was basically the goal early. From there it was mostly just hide behind making plausible/reasonable posts while I still have no flips to protect me. My final read on Spiffeh was also specifically targeted. I'm really just trying to buy time here-Publicly choosing to view him as an asset and play a bit to his pride in his ability to scumhunt was the goal of #2634. I feel as though there's a good chance he couldn't help but townlean this section, but this is again one of those one-liner illusions that will get thrown off soon enough.
In post 7, Prism wrote:Bussing Foxy really isn't ideal here but we need to accumulate some sort of town credibility here: It looks like it will likely be up to us and Imperium to bring this home in the long run.

Simultaneously, I fear scum loses this game unless we get a shutout. I would really like it if Pine came out swinging here.

Tough stuff. BY/DA should probably die tonight.
Day 2, specifically my posts #3102 through #3124
In post 8, Prism wrote:Very little ulterior motive in the latest posts compared to the more nuanced targeting I leaned on Day 1; really just looking to make sure that if a town bloc forms we're in it. Generally taking angles I feel safe with (Searchers, Pine), even though I probably need to be more proactive to win.
In post 9, Prism wrote:There's a lot of thoughts I have on the Pine wagon, the M&K wagon, the scumchat, and how we should have played around these that I might post later but

Reading today this is a dumpster fire. I honestly don't even know where to start. I keep thinking this should be a scumloss but Blake and Farkran keep proving me wrong. These two are on the cutting edge of gamethrowing technology, absolute pioneers in the field.
Later Day 2
In post 10, Prism wrote:It's good in the short term that I don't post, worse in the long run. I probably should post.

But like, I really don't even know what to say here. Town me might pull out the machete and try to make my way through the jungle, but there is a very good chance I would have taken one look at the last 5 pages and requested replacement.
In post 11, Prism wrote:Bad day. My decision to townread Searchers a week or two ago was a bad one; I should have made up a read elsewhere and acted oblivious. I was hoping the slot would get vigged/mislynched without me doing anything but this is unlikely now.

Imperium needed to come out swinging 2/3 days before deadline to get a consolidation on a pet scumread. Instead they were completely AWOL. Defeats the entire point of their gambit if they're not going to take the position of town leader. This should have been a 4:0 shutout.

Pops made a minor mistake in that we probably could have gotten on Blake, only consolidating on EA in emergency, but that's okay. I had a very good opportunity to shove Blake in particular after her reply to Farkran with the vanity wagons and was too lazy to do so. I say "lazy" but outside of shitposting with Hectic and the ballin' minigames the actual dayplay is a waste of time for everyone involved

Spoiler: Misc scumteam notes
I was probably a lot more careful with how I posted in the scum Discord than I was posting in the thread. I realized pretty early on that if the Foxy hydra was proactive, they'd probably be townread for it, and if not probably wouldn't start posting until it was too late. I directed a lot of very general questions in the Discord that were aimed at getting them generally thinking about the game/chewing on what they should be aiming for: "How are people feeling about the game?" "What do you feel like you need to succeed?" etc. This did not work very well. Eventually, I did successfully motivate Pine once...but it had two crucial errors. First, I did it at night, which meant he could put off posting until the morning. Second, although he didn't wind up going for it inthread, he was trying to angle something I don't think was best longterm, and was significantly harder anyway (Tried to convince him to just townhunt+towntell, Pine I believe wanted to find a 1v1 somewhere)

I think xofelf had the most potential of any of us here. The posts she did make were fine, their biggest issue is that they were reactive. They proactively try to sort with no prompting? Easy townread imo

Imperium replacing out was unfortunate. I think their Day 2 position would have been incredibly powerful. Nacho coming in and encouraging wrong reads in a jam session would have been incredibly strong and probably demolished this game and gotten a mislynch, even without him directly pushing one. Some things aren't meant to be, though. With a combination of skill and luck, he proved me wrong on the lightning rod but never got to claim the reward.

EA tried. It just wasn't happening. Unfortunate.

I might go through my Discord with pops later, I gave more specific posting advice on engineering a townread from Blake early that might be helpful. Not sure what else there would be, though.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

What specifically was egotistical? I'm trying to tone that down as much as I can
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Prism »

To keep it brief, I think #1669 was accurate, regardless of what anyone thinks of Gamma's line of argument.

The more glaring issue for your slot was the wrong M&K read. I think this went wrong in several ways: First, it didn't take into account the growth of Farkran as a player. I had the benefit of not only being scum but also the benefit of being the person whose playstyle he was attempting to steal entire sections of. He went to great lengths to copy my approach that in his view brought me so much success in Undertale. Second, there seemed to be an issue with sample size and high expectations. The latter is one of town's oldest nemeses, a true harbinger of doom, and it didn't sound like he saw that many games of yours in whatever Discord chat you had to begin with.

From my perspective, you basically ignoring my side of the hydra Day 1 was also really convenient. It allowed me significantly more freedom in how I approached the day, knowing that as long as I wasn't blatant I had free rein. This wouldn't suffice alone, but coaching pops on how to respond/generally pushing the rigor of their reads to the limit was the complementary piece that allowed it to work. I don't think this is as easily fixable; in a 34p game you have to choose who to focus on and roll the dice.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by xofelf »

You know what, thank you Prism. I'm not super confident in my ability to play regardless of alignment, and that definitely shows just in the way you said. I *am* a reactive player, mostly out of habit. But I probably don't have to be if I tried something different, and also played more often.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 12:17 pm

In post 4233, Prism wrote:To keep it brief, I think #1669 was accurate, regardless of what anyone thinks of Gamma's line of argument.

The more glaring issue for your slot was the wrong M&K read. I think this went wrong in several ways: First, it didn't take into account the growth of Farkran as a player. I had the benefit of not only being scum but also the benefit of being the person whose playstyle he was attempting to steal entire sections of. He went to great lengths to copy my approach that in his view brought me so much success in Undertale. Second, there seemed to be an issue with sample size and high expectations. The latter is one of town's oldest nemeses, a true harbinger of doom, and it didn't sound like he saw that many games of yours in whatever Discord chat you had to begin with.

From my perspective, you basically ignoring my side of the hydra Day 1 was also really convenient. It allowed me significantly more freedom in how I approached the day, knowing that as long as I wasn't blatant I had free rein. This wouldn't suffice alone, but coaching pops on how to respond/generally pushing the rigor of their reads to the limit was the complementary piece that allowed it to work. I don't think this is as easily fixable; in a 34p game you have to choose who to focus on and roll the dice.
oh now I see what the problem was

I said I wasn't comfortable outing the secret alt, he responded saying he figured it out anyways, I thought the engagement was over, and started focusing again on the main stuff I was looking for

I didn't even see the second post he said until now
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 12:21 pm

In post 4233, Prism wrote:From my perspective, you basically ignoring my side of the hydra Day 1 was also really convenient. It allowed me significantly more freedom in how I approached the day, knowing that as long as I wasn't blatant I had free rein. This wouldn't suffice alone, but coaching pops on how to respond/generally pushing the rigor of their reads to the limit was the complementary piece that allowed it to work. I don't think this is as easily fixable; in a 34p game you have to choose who to focus on and roll the dice.
I was probably never going to focus on you unless I was finding pops unreadable

I generally don't focus on logic-oriented players when I don't really know how they play since they're generally easier for me to read indirectly than directly
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The game itself was the true scum and we are all winners for killing it off.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

I'll give ywall everyone's role PM first.
Private Topics will come later
GTKAS
| here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 4234, xofelf wrote:You know what, thank you Prism. I'm not super confident in my ability to play regardless of alignment, and that definitely shows just in the way you said. I *am* a reactive player, mostly out of habit. But I probably don't have to be if I tried something different, and also played more often.
You were great to play with, and I really appreciated your words of encouragement! You have a knack for coming off very sincerely and that just gets amplified the more you post, so I agree you should be more confident!

As a more general comment, I think that people tend to overly constrain themselves with thinking "I wouldn't do that as town!" Others typically know you a lot less than you do yourself!
In post 4236, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I was probably never going to focus on you unless I was finding pops unreadable

I generally don't focus on logic-oriented players when I don't really know how they play since they're generally easier for me to read indirectly than directly
Like I said, choosing who to focus, especially in a 34p game, is completely necessary and is a dice roll. I don't think this was that avoidable; I deliberately tried to be unassuming for most of Day 1 to compound this issue for both your slot and Spiffehbringer. It's important to realize what the downside was, though, even if the tradeoff is generally worth it. Knowing you weren't reading my side, combined with pushing pops to the limit+at times outright coaching a response, let us have the best of both worlds: getting townread while still letting me operate unconstrained Day 1.

Spoiler: Coaching example, if you're curious
4/10/20:
Prism: For your most recent post you should add another post elaborating on the way it progressed for you, for example perhaps from the first phase to the other, and give a bit more about why it's not necessarily true
Prism: That the one Black Hole CO isn't here
Prism: If you do that Blake should townread it
pops: Do you know Blake well?
Prism: Nope, not at all
pops: Then I'm spooked
Prism: The "not necessarily true" part should be specific to one/two players rather than being airtight or overly general
Prism: Eh I mean you don't have to
Prism: I also just said "haha fake a buncha reasoning np"
pops: I think all 3 could be townt ho
pops: i dont get what you're saying
pops: When Krazy said "is black hole scum" I freaked out and thought he had an aha moment figuring me out since he so consistently accurately reads me
pops: then i finally realized
pops: is he asking "does black hole mean scum"
pops: I almost scumclaimed by posting "why ask that when you know I'll say no"
pops: would have been terrible
Prism: It's possible, right, but what got you there? You're thinking of these players individually, not in aggregate, which is why you should only touch on 1/2
Prism: Or at least, I'd expect someone to think that way, but that's just me
Prism: Feel free to trash my suggestion iuno shit lmao
Prism: And yeah that was funny
pops: Can I say "Prism is concerned I did not explain my thoughts clearly" or would that be bad. I don't usually follow up unprompted whic kind of makes it bad to add anything at a base level
Prism: Nope, needs to come from you, the point would be you thinking/chewing more on the question
Prism: Idk why you think you not normally doing it means it'll be scumread
Prism: But I trust you if you think I'm wrong here
Prism: Window closes when Blake responds btw
pops:
I am conflicted because in all my intel CO John Cena has only fought a single target very hard when he or the target is Black Hole. But CO insomnia and CO Silver Bullet would both have to be risking their lives oddly if they were Black Hole.
this is the closest to something I feel like I believe in
pops: idk
Prism: That's pretty good, do you have a bit about the way the phases progressed/what moment marked the shift for you?
pops: ok but if this loses us the game you have to support me while i play adc
Prism: I'd also remove "oddly" but this is very overly micromanaging
Prism: I'd say add the answer to the q I just asked at the start and call it a day
Prism: (Blake asked about the progression specficially-you split it into a dichotomy of phases; answering what the transition was and its significance is goes a long way)
Prism: Also, deal
pops: i added more
Prism: Mmmmm, that should still work. I probably didn't lay out what I was envisioning that clearly as I would have liked
pops: you scared me too much with the closing window shit so it was rushed
Prism: Fair
Prism: I like your follow-up a lot
Prism: Anyway that was super micromanaging I am sorry
Prism: thx for rolling with me being a picky bastard
Prism: Now to sit back and see if it works

The aim of this one was that I thought you were looking for evidence of a clear thought process, and that taking you "along for the ride" would come off as organic and be townread. You townread her afterwards for similar reasoning, but for a different post, so I never really got confirmation that it worked. Pops is probably the stronger scumplayer and was carrying this game on her strong ass back, but the point is that I could help what weaknesses she
did
have. This one was specifically targeted, but more generally it came in the form of challenging her reads relentlessly and making sure she had not just the reasoning but the evolution and the force of feeling behind them.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

Spoiler: Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Midoriya
Bakugo
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Ankamius
Midoriya
Town

Hero
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Taly
Bakugo
Town

Hero
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Save to win

During the night: target one head; they will be protected from one nightkill or killing action. This action will fail if the target is performing a killing action.
--
Win to save

During the night: target one head; they will be killed, and also roleblocked if the target is performing a killing action.
Class 1A Dorms

You are in a hood with a head of Smol Might, who you know to be Tokoyami.
--
Limited Teamwork

You may not perform the same action as Bakugo.
Save to win

During the night: target one head; they will be protected from one nightkill or killing action. This action will fail if the target is performing a killing action.
--
Win to save

During the night: target one head; they will be killed, and also roleblocked if the target is performing a killing action.
Class 1A Dorms

You are in a hood with a head of Smol Might, who you know to be Tokoyami.
--
Limited Teamwork

You may not perform the same action as Midoriya.
YOU WILL WIN THE GAME WHEN ALL THREATS TO THE TOWN HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED.

Spoiler: Disaster Artists
Disaster Artists
Old People
Coronavirus
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
John Cena
Old People
Town

Dying Permanent Head Roleblocker
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
DeathRowKitty
Coronavirus
Town

Virus
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Boomers

During the night: target 1 head of a hydra; as long as you are alive, that head cannot perform actions. They are told that you roleblocked them permanently.
Old Age

After day 3, you will die and cannot be revived.
--
Spread the Virus

You spread the Coronavirus. Players you visit as well as players who visit visit your target will get the coronavirus.
If anyone visits you, they will get the coronavirus
Infection

During the night; target 1 head of a hydra: They will be infected with the coronavirus as well as anyone who visits them.
If at least 50% of the living players has coronavirus, this action will also protect the target from killing actions but also cause any actions they perform to fail.
Social Distancing

Anyone who visits an infected person will be infected themselves.
Anyone who participates in events that has the coronavirus will infect everyone else who participate in that event with the coronavirus.
Infected heads will infect their hydra after 1 phase of being infected.
--
With No Cure to be Found

When everyone alive gets the Coronavirus, you will leave the game winning by yourself.

Spoiler: Egospray
Egospray
Hammer
Scythe
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Bugspray
Hammer
Town

Tool of the Workforce
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
GeorgeBailey
Scythe
Town

Tool of the Workforce
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Tool of the Workforce

During Day 1, you must PM the mod to give yourself to another player. You will gain a hood with that player, who will gain the ability to build a house. The house will be announced as another targetable player. Anything targeting the house will cause no effect, unless there is a player inside the house. The player who built the house may choose to hide in the house, causing all abilities directly targeting them to fail, but causing all abilities that target the house to target them.
Belong to no-one

You will die if the player you give yourself to submits to capitalism and sells you to the shop for $500.
Tool of the Workforce

During Day 1, you must PM the mod to give yourself to another player. You will gain a hood with that player, who will gain the one-shot ability to kill a hydra, however the flip will be redacted.
Belong to no-one

You will die if the player you give yourself to submits to capitalism and sells you to the shop for $500.

Spoiler: Mikoto and Kuroko
Mikoto and Kuroko
Kuroko Shirai
Mikoto Misaka
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Farkran
Kuroko Shirai
Town

Bounty Hunting Jailkeeper Sissy Loving Mech Seer
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Bitmap
Mikoto Misaka
Town

Macho Head Vig 1-shot Hydra Vig
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Uiharu

If you do not perform an action, Uiharu will give you information about the setup
--
Judgment On The Scene

During the night; Target 1 head of a hydra: You will protect them from kills but also any action they perform will fail.
Also, if they have a bounty, they will not be able to post for the next day phase, and you will gain a PT with them.
Sissy

If Mikoto Misaka dies, you will leave the game.
Railgun

During the night; target 1 head of a hydra: you will kill them.
--
Rail Shotgun

Once per game: you may target 1 hydra; kill them.
Lone Wolf

Against your friends will, you act alone.
You cannot be protected.

Spoiler: Smol Might
Smol Might
Tokoyami
Dark Shadow
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Eragon
Tokoyami
Town

Hero
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
ShadowlessCloud
Dark Shadow
Town

Totally not a stand power
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
none.
Class 1A Dorms:

You are in a hood with Ankamius and Taly, who you know to be Midoriya and Bakugo.
Black Ankh

Your bulletproof ability is extended to Tokoyami for the night.
--
Black Fallen Angel

Target a head to follow them and determine what types of actions they used during the night.
--
Ragnarok

Target a hydra. You will kill them.
Power from Darkness

You are immune to nightkills, unless you are exposed to light, which will also roleblock you. You may only perform each of your abilities once during the game, and only one ability per night.
--
Totally not a Stand Power

You will die if Tokoyami dies.

Spoiler: NL
NL
Light
Shadow
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
GuyInFreezer
Light
Town

Head Broadcaster
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
MariaR
Shadow
Town

Hydra Rolestopper
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Spotlight

During the day: Target 1 head of a hydra; that head's actions is broadcasted publicly during the next night phase. They are told this.
none
Darkness

During the night: Target 1 hydra; all actions performed on that hydra will fail.
none

Spoiler: The Searchers
The Searchers
Pick 1
Pick 2
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
SirCakez
Bilbo
Town

Hobbit
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Ircher
Frodo
Town

Hobbit
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
There and Back Again

Once per night, you may target a player to continue your adventure and find cool stuff, which you give to Frodo.
You don't have any passive abilities.
You do not have any active abilities until Bilbo finds you stuff.
You do not have any active abilities until Bilbo finds you stuff.

Stuff they can get:

Sting - 50% vig. Lights up if goblins or orcs are nearby. After 1 use, become 100% vig. After 2 uses, become hydra vig.
Ring - Commuter. After 1 use, become macho. After 2 uses, become weak.
Mithril Armour - Bulletproof
Treasure - $300

Each item can only be got once.
If target is performing a killing action: Sting
If target is performing a defensive action: Mithril Armour
If target is performing an investigative action: Ring
If none of the above: Treasure

If either multiple apply, or none that have not already been claimed apply, then randomise from all that apply or all that are left respectively.

Spoiler: Flavortown
Flavortown
Shaggy
Scooby
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Dr Easy Bake
Shaggy
Town

Upgrading Commuter
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Flavor Leaf
Scoobs
Town

Upgrading Motion Detector
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Zoinks

During the night: You may commute, causing all actions performed on you to fail.
Scooby Snacks

For each event you win, you wil consume a Scooby Snack. You can also buy 2 Scooby Snacks during the day for
100$
After 3 Scooby Snacks, you will upgrade "Zoinks" into "Run Scoobs"
After 10 Scooby Snacks, you will upgrade into "Run Scoobs" into "Ultra Instinct Shaggy".
Scooby Dooby Doo!

During the night: You may target a head; you will learn if they performed an action.
Scooby Snacks

For each event you win, you wil consume a Scooby Snack. You can also buy 2 Scooby Snacks during the day for
100$
After 3 Scooby Snacks, you will upgrade "Scooby Dooby Do!" into a Tracker
After 10 Scooby Snacks, you will upgrade "Scooby Dooby Do!" into a Combined Follower/Tracker

Spoiler: Spiffybringer
Spiffybringer
Roronoa Zoro
Sanji
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Spiffeh
Roronoa Zoro
Town

Pirate Bodyguard-of-all-Traits
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Firebringer
Sanji
Town

Pirate Inventing Womanizer
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
3 SWORDS!

During the night: Target 1 head of a hydra; Any killing action that is performed on them is redirected to you.
Bodyguard Upgrades

You may purchase bodyguard upgrades from the shop for
200$
! You will recieve one of the 3 1-shot upgrades from the shop randomly. You will not recieve duplicates, and you can use as many of them as you have in 1 night phase.
Wado Ichimonji - Block 1 killing action performed on you.
Sandai Kitetsu - If you protect your target successfully, you will kill the attacker.
Shusui - You may protect both heads of a hydra instead of an individual head.
--
Pirates

You recieve double the winnings from events.
--
Bounty

If you are killed, the killer will recieve 33% of your money.
Cooking

During the night: You may give a head of a hydra one of your dishes, which they can use for a 1-shot ability. You can give out the following abilities:
-
Hormone Soup with Sea Pork

-Lets you revive a hydra head.
-
Simsim Cream

-Jailkeeps a head.
-
The rest of the wedding cake

-Neighbourises a head with the user.
Ero-Cook

Any female character you perform an action on will be invited to your neighborhood.
--
Pirates

You recieve double the winnings from events.
--
Bounty

If you are killed, the killer will recieve 33% of your money.

Spoiler: Despair Night
Despair Night
Makoto Naegi
Junko Enoshima
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
insomnia
Mikoto Naegi
Town

Alone Plurality Desperado
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Junkochan
Junko Enoshima
Town

Alone Plurality Gladiator
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Truth Bullets

During the night: You may target 2 heads of different hydras; If both hydras those heads are apart of are aligned with each other, you will kill yourself BUT you will have a 15% chance of living to tell the tale.
Hope

You cannot use any of your abilities until the other head of your hydra dies.
Class Trials

Once during the Day; target 2 different hydras: You will reset the votecount and those 2 players including yourself are Gladiatored.
No lynch is not a viable option.
Despair

You cannot use any of your abilities until the other head of your hydra dies.

Spoiler: Feminist Blocc
Feminist Blocc
Garry
Mary
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Datisi
Garry
Town

Gifted Gatekeeper
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Ausuka
Mary
Town

Dimensional Kidnapper
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Escaping Mary's World

You may allow anyone who is in Mary's World leave Mary's World.
You cannot escort Hydras out of Mary's World,
meaning if 2 heads of the same hydra are in Mary's World, they cannot leave.
Also, you may perform actions freely between Mary's World and the real world
Mary's Games

Having played way harder and deadlier games,
these games are easy to you, and you will have an advantage in them.
Friends forever

During the night: You may target 1 head; drag them into Mary's World.
Performing this action temporarly leaves Mary's World
Mary's World

Actions performed on you and anyone in Mary's World from outside Mary's World will fail.
People inside Mary's World cannot target people outside of Mary's World with actions.
People who die in Mary's World are janitored.

Spoiler: Lati@s twins
Latias and Latios
Amaterasu
Issun
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Chemist1422
Amaterasu
Town

Painter
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Gamma Emerald
Issun
Town

Painter
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
God of the Sun

You start with the Sunrise Celestial Brush Technique
Once per day: You may extend the day by 1 day.
Celestial Brush Techniques

Your Role Specifc item you can buy in the shop is the Celestial Brush Techniques for
50$
Upon buying them, you will recieve one of the following Brush Techniques at random. You will not recieve duplicates.
Sunrise, Rejuvenation, Power Slash, Greensprout, Cheery Bomb, Crescent, Waterspout, Galestorm, Inferno, Veil of Mist, Catwalk, Thunderstorm, Blizzard.
God of the Sun

You start with the Rejuvenation Celestial Brush Technique
Once per night: You may target 1 head; they will gain 1-shot of any 1-shot abilities that they have.
Celestial Brush Techniques

Your Role Specifc item you can buy in the shop is the Celestial Brush Techniques for
50$
Upon buying them, you will recieve one of the following Brush Techniques at random. You will not recieve duplicates.
Sunrise, Rejuvenation, Power Slash, Greensprout, Cheery Bomb, Crescent, Waterspout, Galestorm, Inferno, Veil of Mist, Catwalk, Thunderstorm, Blizzard.

Power Slash - Once per night: Target 1 head of a hydra; You will kill them.
Greensprout - Once per night: Target 1 head of a hydra that is dead; you will learn the actions they performed as well as their results.
cherry bomb - Once per night: Target 1 hydra; they will be given a bomb that they may pass onto someone else. The bomb will go off at the end of the day. They are told this.
Crescent - Once per day: You may end the day. The person who is lynched will be decided via plurality rules. You cannot end the day before all of that day's events have yet to be ran.
Waterspout - Once per night: Target 1 head of a hydra; you will protect them.
Galestorm - Once per day: Target 1 head of a hydra; they may perform a 2nd action during the night.
Inferno - Once per night: You may target 1 head of a hydra; you will burn any 1-shot abilities, some amount of their money, or items that they bought. Some items cannot be burned.
Veil of Mist - Once per night: target 1 head of a hydra; you may delay any action they will perform until the next night.
Catwalk - Once per night: You may target 1 hydra; if any heads of that hydra are in any neighborhoods, your hydra will join those hoods.
Thunderstorm - Once per game: You may target 1 head; if they are Mikoto Misaka, Plusle, or Minun, you will energize them, increasing her strength.
Blizzard - Once per night: Target 1 hydra; any actions they perform will fail

Plusle and Minun get discarge ready
Misaka gets upgraded to a full hydra vig

Spoiler: Cappy
Cappy
Pink Ball
Hectic
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
Town

Sponsor
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Hectic
Hectic
Town

Sellout
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Appreciation Page

Once per day: You may declare a page number; that page will be the appreciation page, and appreciation attempts in bold will give them 25$ while giving you 50%.
Mafia Players

You have a unique shop for your eyes only that you can use to buy abilities with.
Post Restricted

During Pre-Game and Night Phase: You may invent a Post Restriction; You will apply that Post Restriction to yourself, and if you manage to not break it for the entire day phase, you will earn money depending on your performance and the post restriction.
Mafia Players

You have a unique shop for your eyes only that you can use to buy abilities with.
Your Shop
Landmine
100$
You may bold
LANDMINE
in thread and the next person to post something that isn't a vote dies.
1-shot Head Vigilante
100$
Once per night: you may target 1 head of a hydra; you will kill that head. You can only buy this once.
1-shot Doctor
150$
Once per night: Target 1 head of a hydra; you will protect them from killing actions
1-shot Hydra Ambulance
200$
Once per night, you may target a hydra. If either head would also be targeted by any number of killing actions, they will survive, but the hydra will be considered missing for the following day/night cycle and will be unable to post, vote, or otherwise act.
1-shot Weak Hider
200$
During the night, you may target a head. If that player is aligned with the mafia, you will die. If your action succeeds, you will be immune to killing actions, however if your target dies then you will also die.

Spoiler: Unapologetically Foxy
Unapologetically Foxy
Bonnie
Clyde
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Pine
Clyde
Mafia

Hydra Roleblocking Lover Outlaw
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
xofelf
Bonnie
Mafia

Hydra Roleblocking Lover Outlaw
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Bank Robbery

Once per day: Target 1 hydra; You and Bonnie will steal all of that hydra's money. Also, they will not be able to act during the night phase. They are told this.
Bad Ending

If Clyde or you die, the other will kill themselves.
--
Bounty

There is a bounty on your slot! Whoever kills you will recieve all of your money.
(if you kill yourself, the money does not go to your killer).
Bank Robbery

Once per day: Target 1 hydra; You and Bonnie will steal all of that hydra's money. Also, they will not be able to act during the night phase. They are told this.
Bad Ending

If Bonnie or you die, the other will kill themselves.
--
Bounty

There is a bounty on your slot! Whoever kills you will recieve all of your money.
(if you kill yourself, the money does not go to your killer).
You win when your faction controls 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: Androids
Equitable Androids
Pick 1
Pick 2
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Gobbledygook
R2D2
Mafia

Legendary Droid
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Titus
BB8
Mafia

Droid
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Death Star Plans

You carry the Death Star Plans, which you can give to a player who you are not aligned with to reveal a weakness in another hydra. When you do so, choose a hydra. Your target will receive a 1-shot hydra vig for that specific hydra.
none
Not a Slot Machine

Once per night, you may target a player to launch coins that some drunk gambler inserted in you at them. This roleblocks them, but gives them money.
none
You win when your faction controls 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: Imperium
Imperium
Plusle
Minun
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Nachomamma8
Plusle
Mafia

Announcing JOAT
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
Tammy
Minun
Mafia

Announcing JOAT
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Follow Me

During the night: You may redirect all actions to yourself.
--
Helping Hand

During the night: target 1 head of a hydra; actions they perform cannot be stopped.
--
Charge->Discharge

During the night: you may charge up energy.
On the next night: you must target a hydra; actions they perform will fail.
--
Switcheroo

During the night: target 1 hydra; their heads will swap roles and they will still perform their action on their desiginated target if it applies.
Turn Based

The ability that you use is announced in thread, and it is announced that your character used it. It is not announced what it does.
You cannot re-use moves until you have used each move once in a single rotation.
You cannot use the same move your other head is using.
Follow Me

During the night: You may redirect all actions to yourself.
--
Helping Hand

During the night: target 1 head of a hydra; actions they perform cannot be stopped.
--
Charge->Discharge

During the night: you may charge up energy.
On the next night: you must target a hydra; actions they perform will fail.
--
Switcheroo

During the night: target 1 hydra; their heads will swap roles and they will still perform their action on their desiginated target if it applies.
Turn Based

The ability that you use is announced in thread, and it is announced that your character used it. It is not announced what it does.
You cannot re-use moves until you have used each move once in a single rotation.
You cannot use the same move your other head is using.

Spoiler: Black Hole
Black Hole Defection
Hawke
Lash
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
Prism
Hawke
Mafia

Charging Global Announcing Machoizer
Reader
ID
Faction
Role
[/align]
popsofctown
Lash aka Cat.
Mafia

Charging Global Announcing Strong-Willer
Actives
[/align]
Passives
Actives
Passives
Black Wave

When this ability is charged and during the day: You may activate this ability; At the start of the night, it will be announced that protection abilities on anyone will fail.
CO Charge

Your abilities take time to charge, and you may charge them by placing in events, lynching, or playing the game.
Terrain Tactics

When this ability is charged and during the day: You may activate this ability; At the start of the night, it will be announced that actions everyone performs cannot fail.
CO Charge

Your abilities take time to charge, and you may charge them by placing in events, lynching, or playing the game.
GTKAS
| here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Prism »

For Farkran, I stopped reading your responses to Blake at a certain point so I can't give feedback on that as much, but I think where you went wrong in our slot was failing to do due diligence. It seemed like you took the early townread of us and got preoccupied elsewhere. In order to get that early townread, I took out what I'd call "posting debt", in this case a demonstration of determination/ferocity, that you never really challenged me to cash.

My play Day 1 was on the weaker side, but by Day 2 I was flat out openwolfing. This was the worst game I have ever played as scum, and it is not close.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

Designing the Lati twins role, and Imperium's role were the most fun for me
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Alisae »

oh i can post the lucky dip items while im at it as well
jjh has to post night actions and I can open pts at some point
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Alisae »

Landmine: During the day, you may bold “Landmine”. The next player to post something other than a vote will die.
Banana: A good source of potassium.
Cool Hat: It will be publicly announced that you now have a cool hat.
Guess Who Board: Challenges people to a shadow duel of mafiascum avatar guess who
TV Remote: Choose a game that has already happened. It will happen again.
FBI agent: exodia piece
Judge: exodia piece
Kanna from Dragonmaid: exodia piece
FBI badge: exodia piece
SWAT team: exoida piece
Oil: Can douse someone with oil
Vaccine: Protects you from diseases
Sheet: Lets you be a spooky ghost and haunt the game thread as a treestump when you die, but janitors your flip
Airhorn: Lets you send the mod a message to post publicly during the night
Frogs: Once per game, you may target a hydra and they will lose all of their abilities and be turned into a frog.
Map: During the night, you may target a head and predict whether or not they will act. If you are correct, you will determine their role.
Hot potato: You may give this item to another head during the night. If you are still holding this item at the end of the night phase after you received it, you will die.
Shiny Rock: You may give this item to another head during the night. If they have any items, you will take one of them at random in return.
Bag of money: Gain $400
Health potion: Revives your other hydra head
GTKAS
| here.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Isis »

I think it's a more natural emotional experience to be able to thank the mod for what was delivered rather than what was promised as uninformed majority.
I'm very disappointed in the modding. I don't expect anyone to adjust their livelihoods to mod a game, but their hobbies is an apples to apples comparison of yes the sort of thing you can and should change to honor an implied contract that you will run your game to completion.
I'm mystified why anyone to try to frame a game abandon as player driven when there is literally a survey from the previous day phase that asks "do you like this game" with a majority result yes.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

Pops you are absolutely correct
GTKAS
| here.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 4200, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 4199, Ircher wrote:It should've pinged me more that Despair Night was the N2 factional kill rather than say Imperium or Black Hole especially since my townread on Imperium was a "mechanical clear".
this is exactly why I wanted to lockscum pops lol
My metaread on that kind of NKA is that it has a low probability of causing scum lynched and has a high probability of people posting in postgame chat that they should have been more paranoid after all. I'm not sure I can see the kill as incorrect. In a sharper meta I could see a world where you shoot a player a more universally scumread player there because it is harder to interpret. I had a correct flavorguess that insomnia was some kind of cop and had no way of knowing how gated he was so the incentive to kill him when he's softcleared and unroleblockable is rather strong
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Isis »

Don't listen to Prism's "fanboy" arguments about how insomnia's role shouldn't be coppy, btw, he didn't finish the series so he's not a true fan
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:34 pm

In post 4247, Isis wrote:
In post 4200, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 4199, Ircher wrote:It should've pinged me more that Despair Night was the N2 factional kill rather than say Imperium or Black Hole especially since my townread on Imperium was a "mechanical clear".
this is exactly why I wanted to lockscum pops lol
My metaread on that kind of NKA is that it has a low probability of causing scum lynched and has a high probability of people posting in postgame chat that they should have been more paranoid after all. I'm not sure I can see the kill as incorrect. In a sharper meta I could see a world where you shoot a player a more universally scumread player there because it is harder to interpret. I had a correct flavorguess that insomnia was some kind of cop and had no way of knowing how gated he was so the incentive to kill him when he's softcleared and unroleblockable is rather strong
that kill didn't align at all with my view of the game from the scumteam's side, and the first thing I generally do when that happens is to double check my townreads to see if they're still accurate

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”