She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7675 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7670, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7669, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7654, Nero Cain wrote:ppl get really upset over getting scum read. it's weird.
Only when I think I’m being super obvtown and that player is literally trying to get me mislynched. I recall that RC had a really interesting theory about this. He said that the reason people get so upset to be wrongly sr, is because they view it as some moral failure on their part for not getting correctly tr or something like that.
ur just trying to get me to respond to stuff like this.

U always think ur obvtown.
Point taken. @Nero.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #7676 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 7659, Firebringer wrote:I will say as someone who has seen u death tunnel people a dozens times. Everytime I see it, it looks personal. Like you won't reconsider it because of some personal animosity. I don't really know if ur telling the truth here so I am just gonna assume u are. But u probably should rethink ur approach if ur gonna hyper focus a player because ur death tunnel pushes don't look completely like its just a read.
Yes well. This I think is probably legit just due to the fact that I am incredibly blunt. I don't hold back from speaking my mind, even if it'd be smarter to do so. Part of my autism I suppose. But I don't really know what I can do to have a fix.

When I have a really strong read, what am I supposed to do? Not push it? The stronger a read, the more I want to push it. This game I had really really strong reads really really early. And I cared this game. I really really cared. I invested in it--I invested more into this game than the entirety of my site-wide presence anywhere else. With that level of investment, with that level of care...I don't know how to tone it down. I don't know how to, when I am that invested, when I am that "into" a game. To not push.

When I am less invested, when I am less "into" a game, sure, yeah. I can very very very easily not push, comes easy. Like, there was a time in this game, however brief, where I wasn't doing much. A brief, like, half-week period, where I was a little more distanced from the game and in that state, I didn't do much. But once the fire was reignited, I
couldn't
give less.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7677 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7674, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7671, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Hello pot, I would love to introduce you to kettle.
I don't know how much u follow games I am in, but I often back off my pushes when I believe my thoughts aren't "this person is scum" and more "I don't like this person" and I am perfectly fine pushing the later if I can at least tell that is my actual reason. And I have no problem telling a person if it is or isn't personal.
Well in THIS game, it looked to me like a bit of both. I do agree that Mastina needs to watch her language more, ie: the whole abuser language thing. I really can’t blame RC for getting upset about that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7678 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 7496, Churros wrote:damn bb

why you messed my solve with awful bussing...

I thought it was one active slot + one lurky slot in the [BB, Farside, NM, Elmo]. If you had voted Elmo like you were supposed to as described in your wincon, I would have got BB/NM right since I thought you were more likely scum than Farside.

very sad

don't push town wincon as scum in a no-bussing setup guys...
If we had gotten Elmo lynched there was a possible path to victory

I played to my wincon, nobody respected my reads so what better place to put my partner than in my scumreads
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7679 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Good game, this game was depressing
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7680 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Bitmap »

BB, you played really well. Don't sweat it.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7681 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7676, mastina wrote:When I have a really strong read, what am I supposed to do? Not push it? The stronger a read, the more I want to push it. This game I had really really strong reads really really early. And I cared this game. I really really cared. I invested in it--I invested more into this game than the entirety of my site-wide presence anywhere else. With that level of investment, with that level of care...I don't know how to tone it down. I don't know how to, when I am that invested, when I am that "into" a game. To not push.
The problem isn't that u have a strong read and ur pushing it.

Its that u don't look for any evidence or flat out ignore anything else that could contradict it. And you will do it for 100+ pages.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7682 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

sorry bb

we had a chance if I hadn't committed to the fluff lol
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7683 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Hey bbmolla, u played well. Nice job, u fooled me.

This game was much different from how I am used to seeing u.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7684 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think you could have maybe got me lynched like right when I first replaced in.

I think scums main path was to win in Halloween and you guys should have followed Gobble there.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7685 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7677, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7674, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7671, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Hello pot, I would love to introduce you to kettle.
I don't know how much u follow games I am in, but I often back off my pushes when I believe my thoughts aren't "this person is scum" and more "I don't like this person" and I am perfectly fine pushing the later if I can at least tell that is my actual reason. And I have no problem telling a person if it is or isn't personal.
Well in THIS game, it looked to me like a bit of both. I do agree that Mastina needs to watch her language more, ie: the whole abuser language thing. I really can’t blame RC for getting upset about that.
I am actually seriously blacklisting a player in a previous game of mine, who literally not only tried to drive a mislynch on me but did an extremely toxic dearhtunnel on me that went for pages and was continuously instigatung and provoking me, even post-game with no provocation from me and he even did pretty much the exact same thing he accused me of and condemned me for to other players and he was scum in that and literally couldn’t see any difference between the two.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7686 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 7682, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:sorry bb

we had a chance if I hadn't committed to the fluff lol
You were nailing it I just kind of let things unravel lmfao
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7687 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 7678, BBmolla wrote:If we had gotten Elmo lynched there was a possible path to victory
yeah that's why I thought it was confusing for you to vote NM :'/

But I guess...maybe I see where you are coming from...
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7688 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 7684, Nero Cain wrote:I think you could have maybe got me lynched like right when I first replaced in.

I think scums main path was to win in Halloween and you guys should have followed Gobble there.
My fuckup was playing with the Elmo lynch, shoulda just gone with it to get it through
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7689 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 7679, BBmolla wrote:Good game, this game was depressing
It was.

I'm glad it ended.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7690 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Yeah, I’m glad I wasn’t scum but then I usually am.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7691 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I genuinely thought it’d make you look worse if I townread you but then everyone followed suit you Townie bastard
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7692 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

if only I shit posted more. Then u all would have had fun.

I had fun shit posting at least.
Show

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #7693 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 7677, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I do agree that Mastina needs to watch her language more, ie: the whole abuser language thing.
On that note; yes that is something I regret.
I may not know what language is too far to use--but when someone says "hey, that's not cool", then the language was too far to use.

To give an example of that--say I was unaware of the stigma behind the word 'retard' and used it--when someone would inevitably call me out on it, saying, "hey, that's not cool", then that language being used was something to regret, something to note to try and avoid, and even though I wouldn't instantly understand why the word 'retard' was unacceptable (this is perhaps not the best of best examples because it's a word I
do
understand why it's unacceptable, but this description is quite apt because there are plenty of things that I DON'T understand why they are unacceptable and, yes, an explanation for WHY they are unacceptable is something that does do good), I
should
have the capacity to note, "okay, that's not a word to use anymore" and to feel bad about having used it even when not having known of the stigma behind it.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7694 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7681, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7676, mastina wrote:When I have a really strong read, what am I supposed to do? Not push it? The stronger a read, the more I want to push it. This game I had really really strong reads really really early. And I cared this game. I really really cared. I invested in it--I invested more into this game than the entirety of my site-wide presence anywhere else. With that level of investment, with that level of care...I don't know how to tone it down. I don't know how to, when I am that invested, when I am that "into" a game. To not push.

Its that u don't look for any evidence or flat out ignore anything else that could contradict it.
And you will do it for 100+ pages.
I have no words. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7695 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7694, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7681, Firebringer wrote:

Its that u don't look for any evidence or flat out ignore anything else that could contradict it.
And you will do it for 100+ pages.
I have no words. :lol:
idk. I said Auro was a townie head in ur hydra.
So u keep saying I death tunneled seems weak.
Show

Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7696 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 7692, Firebringer wrote:if only I shit posted more. Then u all would have had fun.

I had fun shit posting at least.
Your hydra was the most fun slot yes

Eve the second
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7697 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 7601, Churros wrote:Gamma played fine

I'm only still a bit in disbelief that BB had so many other wagons to join but persistently choose his buddy one away from defeat.

It's such...puzzling play. BB, when you get here, what were you thinking persistently voting NM today...? (It wasn't only once, he insisted on NM multiple times)

You had...so many opportunities to go elsewhere.

so many...

why...

...why...

if you think about it, if BB hadn't bussed, we would probably not have reached L-1 in NM, he wouldn't have claimed in such a nonsense way, and he might not even be lynched since people wanted to do halloween first.

The game ending this early...is because scum bussed themselves when they had 0, exactly 0 incentive, to do so. They had even a shot on winning in halloween, and pushing me would be pretty good once cakez/eve flipped town.

why...

I'm in a spiral to understand this...
Look back at the parts where the teams were set as Me/Nero Churros/NM

The goal was to make it one of the town vs scum on the other side

Which turned into scum vs scum

Which meant sure, I could unvote and believe that NM is suddenly town

But not in a believable way, and then we would have to wait for the WW person to replace in

If the bus had worked it would have been a game winning play

But it didn’t

So my bad NM and Yshtola :(
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7698 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by SirCakez »

You were definitely the best scum player don't beat yourself up
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7699 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7684, Nero Cain wrote:I think you could have maybe got me lynched like right when I first replaced in.

That’s why we were dead set against it. @Gobbles, why were you so insistent on that?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”