Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3324, Flavor Leaf wrote:I liked not making the call for it because it came off more natural
Oh. I thought you were calling everything throughout the game.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Krazy »

Let's see

I think I screwed up, or came close to screwing up, with the janitor action

Basically I didn't indicate on the janitor card a) why the janitor had no kill flavor other than "missing" b) that it would hide other kill actions (even tho this made sense in my mind) and so that was a little sloppy. Haven't dealt with janitors much and never thought about how it would resolve if multiple people killed a janitor'd target.

I think that screwed up a few thought processes on how to approach Holden's slot unfortunately so it may have been significant, but I don't think it was the defining thing.

Oh yeah, I also was a little slow confirming that Clover was added to the hood one night.

Other than that I think this is one of the cleanest games I've run maybe? I definitely thought there were some pages of really good posting in this game, and as usual Boon was very impressive in lylo.
vote conspiracy
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:36 am

Post by farside22 »

I can't believe i got RB'ed 2 nights in a row. LOL
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Krazy »

I was a little worried that on paper the setup would lean scumsided, but Birds and Boys played really well mechanically speaking I think.

And ultimately I think this was a strong lylo for Boon only because he committed to the early bus so hard and played well throughout, which makes me feel like this setup had decent balance overall. Probably the first time I've worried a setup was going to lean one way and then it didn't actually lean that way as hard as I thought it would. Maybe that was due in part to scum roleblocking the bus driver nights 1 and 2 though?
vote conspiracy
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:39 am

Post by votato »

you're welcome for carrying so hard, scumbuddies. couldn't have done it without me.

gg
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:40 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3329, Krazy wrote:I was a little worried that on paper the setup would lean scumsided, but Birds and Boys played really well mechanically speaking I think.

And ultimately I think this was a strong lylo for Boon only because he committed to the early bus so hard and played well throughout, which makes me feel like this setup had decent balance overall. Probably the first time I've worried a setup was going to lean one way and then it didn't actually lean that way as hard as I thought it would. Maybe that was due in part to scum roleblocking the bus driver nights 1 and 2 though?
To be fair it didn't mess with anything I would have done N1.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Krazy »

I kinda feel like the overall decent feel of this game makes me feel like just being straight with having a blacklist actually really helped the game. I know that tends to be a contentious thing and it definitely feels bad to have a blacklist and then still have a toxic game, but in this case I feel like this game stayed pretty positive and in part I think that was at least partly due to prohibiting some of the more 'volatile' players from joining tbh. Just kinda thinking out loud here. Hard to have more discussion on this without saying who all was on the blacklist, which I'm not going to do, but I was more expansive on the list for this game than usual and I kinda feel like it helped? Only replacement was a hydra that got overwhelmed with RL stuff. No tilt replaces, relatively few prods.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 3331, farside22 wrote:To be fair it didn't mess with anything I would have done N1.
I was more thinking in terms of not blocking a jackpot target like birds and bees or, ironically, Clover Ebi (without whom there's no double bingle kill)
vote conspiracy
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:44 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 3327, Krazy wrote:Let's see

I think I screwed up, or came close to screwing up, with the janitor action

Basically I didn't indicate on the janitor card a) why the janitor had no kill flavor other than "missing" b) that it would hide other kill actions (even tho this made sense in my mind) and so that was a little sloppy. Haven't dealt with janitors much and never thought about how it would resolve if multiple people killed a janitor'd target.

I think that screwed up a few thought processes on how to approach Holden's slot unfortunately so it may have been significant, but I don't think it was the defining thing.

Oh yeah, I also was a little slow confirming that Clover was added to the hood one night.

Other than that I think this is one of the cleanest games I've run maybe? I definitely thought there were some pages of really good posting in this game, and as usual Boon was very impressive in lylo.
I think the issue with my flavour by people was more it was just a plain "shot" instead of being animal like. I doubt it really made much game difference.

Intresting vouyer into the theme game park. Thanks for inviting me here Krazy. I felt the game was pretty balance imo, but I confess I dont know much about set up balance.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:45 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3326, Auro wrote:
In post 3324, Flavor Leaf wrote:I liked not making the call for it because it came off more natural
Oh. I thought you were calling everything throughout the game.

Nah, Mastina and I have a playstyle clash, but I think the combination of it works really well.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Krazy »

vote conspiracy
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:53 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Great game. One of my favorites, I think.

@PenguinPower - Was the thing you were laughing at the fact that I never bus? :lol:

I made it blatantly obvious to Penguin who I was Day 1, and I believe Bingle knew. Not sure if Conspire did, or who else. Miss Lynch probably figured it out.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:54 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Yes. Exactly.
<(") | (")>
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:55 am

Post by April Ludgate »

The thing I was most worried about was I tried really hard to get Birds lynched the day Mastina got lynched, but oplayed it off like an "Oh! We get Mastina instead! even better!" kinda attitude.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:56 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Orcas eat penguins so I feel like the flavor for last scum was spot on.
<(") | (")>
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Conspire »

In post 3338, April Ludgate wrote:Great game. One of my favorites, I think.

@PenguinPower - Was the thing you were laughing at the fact that I never bus? :lol:

I made it blatantly obvious to Penguin who I was Day 1, and I believe Bingle knew. Not sure if Conspire did, or who else. Miss Lynch probably figured it out.
Yeah, I figured it out. Very well played.

~Cosmic
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:59 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Near the end there wasn't anyone who would know my little traits like the fact that I say "literally" a lot when making cases, stuff like that. Dunnstral would have been closest. I'm glad for the most part, I was able to stay stealthed through the game.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Conspire »

I wasn't 100% sure though. Your "rawr"s and the way you acted at times were nothing like any of your other games, so it was a good performance lul

~Cosmic
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:02 am

Post by April Ludgate »

I thought it was hilarious when Penguin and I did the "moo point" dialogue, and Bingle went "I feel like I've heard this before..."

Yeah, I like to think my alts are all different parts of my personality. Everything came pretty naturally to me, and wouldn't have been out of the ordinary for me to say in general.

But honestly, can I stop rolling scum.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:32 am

no
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:33 am

btw congratulations, I've never been so confused as to what is happening on the scum side despite having all the information in front of me before
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

gg

this was more stressful than necessary imo
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:30 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3111, Clover Ebi wrote:So either April is an odd night invest even note roleblocker who scum decided to be the deep wolf this entire game.
Btw our actual planned deepwolf was Chemist, since April had a significant chance of being mechanically caught and lynched via mechanics (I explain why both in the mafia PT and in the dead thread), and I was very thoroughly within my scum meta to the point where I knew I would eventually inevitably go down.

When we rolecopped Birds and realized they had checked Chemist/me, that forced a slight adjustment in the plan. (Granted, had farside not busdriven Dunnstral and Birds, our plan would've worked much better since we blocked Birds and had it busdriven to Dunn, and if you read the mafia PT you'll see how we probably win with three scum alive if not for that action, butstill.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”