Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #8826 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Enter »

The game was pretty darn well moderated for a game of this size, Ircher, at least IMO. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into the game, and it paid off. There are a lot of ways this could have gone a lot worse but you seemed to generally handle things well.
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8827 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

town get their asses handed to them but still win?

eh...

In fairness, we WERE handicapped with certain players so...

Glad I was scumreading farside d1, but I shoulda pushed more or Auro. I knew something was up when he was town reading me for the first time ever.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8828 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Auro »

In post 8826, Enter wrote:The game was pretty darn well moderated for a game of this size, Ircher, at least IMO. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into the game, and it paid off. There are a lot of ways this could have gone a lot worse but you seemed to generally handle things well.
Absolutely. With that number of replacements and also the sorta complex mechanics to take care of, it sounds like a nightmare to mod.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8829 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Aristophanes »

@everyone bitter the town won despite our mislynches, at least we were killing people! Scum didn't execute any infected and I think that was a huge misplay on their parts!

Like "why would they bother infecting people just to kill them the next night?" is a bad question. Scum essectially could poison people and then implode them. The fact that they became infected and could then dpread the disease meant they were an asset bith in dayplay as pawns to take the attention off of groupscum and ensured they were a kill in the next night! Plus, as I said in my quoted post, that's how viruses work! If it doesn't kill you, your body fights it off and you become immune. That scum didn't pull the trigger on any unfected meant their bodies could fight off the infrction leading to this eventual town win!

Once the cured started piling up, they definitely should have started executing infected. Even if it were curing roles that were responsible, leaving them alive to be cured only gave town a chance to further their alternate wincon!

I think thisbgave was extremely well set up and that a lot of this could have been guessed! I mean, I guessed at it, pushed a NL when I saw scum weren't making kills, and searched for groupscum. And I was called out multiple times for not being engaged with the game!

Now this is not to shit on scum. They didn't know and I can see the hesitence. But the lining up of kills and infection points could have been maximized to crush us, especially with the bad lynches we pushed through repeatedly. It's not the setup's fault for following patterns on infection properly!

Good game, Ircher! And thanks for bringing me into it! I am really glad I joined, and I think you did a stellar job with the setup.

I need the 22 here still so...

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :P :P :P :P :neutral: :dead: :dead:
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8830 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Auro »

My logic was: If we just used one infect + one cure every day, that's just like a NK, right? And a weak one, because there are good chances we may not even be able to infect people.
The entire point seemed that certain infected could infect others: and since I thought an exponential was not easily balanced, maybe it's PRs.
Also, two of the nights we were forced to commit NKs (at least from our PoV) when we can't kill an infected; and one of the nights I just forgot to kill an infected :P and then there's N1 where I can't kill anyway.
Also, there was that killing on the night we thought we were in LyLo would be mechanically bad for parity, since you don't decrease the number required for majority, but decrease the number on your side.
It wasn't a conscious choice not to kill them, we very well recognized we had to -- since people can get cured in other means, not just natural -- we just never really had the opportunity to / forgot / thought we should retain PRs.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8831 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:34 am

Post by davesaz »

I think this was well modded and it turned out to be more fun setup-wise than expected. I stand by my late-game assessment that it was balanced but very swingy. One thing that slightly impacts playability is wincons which can trigger so early, but we did know that both teams had a parity-based wincon and we were thinking lylo a full day before the end so I think it was in plain sight.

It would be interesting to know why pisskop said infected couldn't pass it on. In the end it didn't play much into the result other than keeping him off the top tier of my reads but it could have gone much worse.

Auro's quantity of posting is probably the biggest factor in not attracting an outright scumread from me. I do think that I called it correctly, he was pushing reasonable but wrong stuff which matches the BTDT game. At least I get a 2nd data point on how to read him. ;)

I have a soft spot for reasonable sounding roles, and it showed this game with FL's fakeclaim. Maxwell did a good job of handling the questions about it. I take some solace in the fact that I had every scum/infected within my POE group. ;)

Anti-town players are anti-town. Enough said on that subject, other than to implore them to please get better. :cool:
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8832 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Auro »

Following the "infect and kill infected" pattern each day would also be difficult. While we're performing weak NKs (along with roles that could grant immunity, were uninfectable, etc) we'd have to cull 18 town players in total, which would take a lot of days.
If the intent was that infected people can infect others, there's value in leaving people infected while they can help the exponential growth - but then, for how long? We can't just guess from the information we got how long it even takes for a natural recovery.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8833 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Auro »

In post 8831, davesaz wrote:I have a soft spot for reasonable sounding roles, and it showed this game with FL's fakeclaim. Maxwell did a good job of handling the questions about it.
I take credit for suggesting maxwell to claim that part from FL's many claims! :D I came up with the Med Student flavor and literally faked a role PM to work off of. I was happy to see you townread it :P
I am somewhat concerned that you lack a town data point on me, but let's see. If only I wasn't cursed by the RNGods.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8834 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I hard disagree that we “should have killed infected”.

That’s incredibly easy to say in hindsight or from an all knowing perspective, but I stand by the decision of not killing off infections, and for the most part, anti bussing.

Day play wise without the parity cure for town, this would have been a scum stomp, and it’s just kind of upsetting how I can’t seem to roll town.

I’m temporarily going to be MIA from site. I just think I need to stop for a bit. I’m just salty and bitter all the time, and that’s not my MaFilosophy.

Anyone who was pushing me, was defending Gob, and most who were pushing Gob, aided with me at the end, which is what I aim for.

I mention it in the Scum PT, but I actively try to get players like Cheeky/Quick pushing me in specific ways because their tunnels help the overall scum play.

And Auro-FL had anti associations. I don’t know. I just realized really early that this game was going to be a game, and I almost replaced out Day 1.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8835 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Subject: LT: SIR Disease Mafia - Spectator/Dead PT
Blair wrote:It does.

And people still haven't seen my flashing-neon-light-siren-whailing breadcrumb that I was visiting Quick.
this isn't true unless this was posted before I did.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8836 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Auro »

In post 8834, Flavor Leaf wrote:it’s just kind of upsetting how I can’t seem to roll town.
Wait for games to ask for replacements, then read the game and judge whether the slot's town, then replace ;)
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8837 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Radical Rat »

You guys should probably have killed TSE after he claimed infection immunity, BUT I'm glad you didn't because it means I actually got to play!
Still no idea why he would have claimed, because to me the whole point of the role is to bait infections, but ah well.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8838 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 8834, Flavor Leaf wrote:Anyone who was pushing me, was defending Gob, and most who were pushing Gob, aided with me at the end, which is what I aim for.
Definitely true at the beginning of the day, but I had you both as scum by the end, albeit under the belief your slot was Infected rather than Mafia
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8839 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Only had 2 kills without being infected.

Alchemist had to be killed.

So did Mastina.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8840 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 8838, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 8834, Flavor Leaf wrote:Anyone who was pushing me, was defending Gob, and most who were pushing Gob, aided with me at the end, which is what I aim for.
Definitely true at the beginning of the day, but I had you both as scum by the end, albeit under the belief your slot was Infected rather than Mafia
So?

Why does it matter if you had me as scum? You still have to be able to take me down.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8841 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

Yoooooo I won
5G Tower
5G Tower
Townie
5G Tower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8842 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:54 am

Post by 5G Tower »

Oops.
Spoiler:
Yoooooo I won
Hide your old and hide your young.
I have come to infect your lung.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8843 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, by killing off the infected, we would have ended up losing once the game got down to like 5-7 people automatically, so killing infections would have been terrible.

There really wasn’t a way.

We had 5 mislynches in a row.

Like, alright.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8844 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 8840, Flavor Leaf wrote:
So?

Why does it matter if you had me as scum? You still have to be able to take me down.
I don't think you/max would have lived all that long after goob was lynched if the game was still ongoing.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8845 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Auro »

In post 8837, Radical Rat wrote:You guys should probably have killed TSE after he claimed infection immunity
Mislynchable :P
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8846 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 8844, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 8840, Flavor Leaf wrote:
So?

I don't think you/max would have lived all that long after goob was lynched if the game was still ongoing.
I hard disagree and am confident in my ability to swing that if I were here especially after Gob went down.

Quick was screaming Gob was town, and I had Quick on the hook.

Were you immune too?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8847 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Almost everybody was still mislynchable, besides like Pisskop, and maybe even then.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8848 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:00 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 8834, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m temporarily going to be MIA from site. I just think I need to stop for a bit. I’m just salty and bitter all the time, and that’s not my MaFilosophy.
I've been there. Wound up taking 5 years off. Only really wandered back here because of boredom and nostalgia during the pandemic. Probably needed that much time for a lot of the bad feelings to fade. Best of luck to you.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8849 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Auro »

I'm sorry about the way I treated you, Cheeky

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”