Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Well, uh, I definitely complained a bit.

Credit where credit is due. The concept of this setup is very cool, and at least some of the mechanics work quite well.

...The issue is, that some of them are kinda busted, and a lot of them were unclear, contradictory, or obviously bad ideas in retrospect... and I had to go with it. Probably the single worst was simultaneously saying that special actions could be given out to court officials and saying they could only be taken by a 2nd, when court officials have no second and BOTH Tipsy and votato got tripped up not realizing that they couldn't take another action in the same phase. But there were numerous things that I had to make judgement calls on.

So I apologize for the preventable mistakes I made, but the important thing is that we made it to the end and it didn't go completely off the rails. Thanks for putting up with me.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Tipsy »

In post 3573, Nero Cain wrote:Still dunno why Tipsy hood'd Auro when he already had a hood with me.
it was literally explained to u by the mod that i wasnt aware i had a hood with you :facepalm:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I get it now. I was under the impression that you found out you had a PT with me and THEN made a new PT with Auro. Nope, I was wrong.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Porkens »

What a saga my god
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3547, Auro wrote:Dave, why would you try to kill me as you went down...?
Mostly for the GoTness. I didn't know if it really was a hammer or not.

Lately it feels like all the people who town read me are scum trying to buddy.
Didn't want this to be a 3rd game where I failed to do anything about you if you were scum.
Turns out I was wrong this time...
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3573, Nero Cain wrote:Dunno why Dave didn't talk about half the players in the game.
Didn't have any opinion on them. It was a huge mistake to overlook the no flips thing when repping in.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by davesaz »

Auro's kill them all strategy was very strong of course.
The unfortunate thing about it is, if it's possible for a noble to be scum then it could be a scum noble laying out the strategy.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 3579, davesaz wrote:Mostly for the GoTness
All's good then ;)
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I mean it was me who proposed the strategy because it was the correct townplay. I was hoping that it would fail because of town not agreeing hehe
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Rubicon »

GG! Nice work town and big thanks to SS for stepping in to moderate.

I think this setup has some good concepts, but would need some adjustments before I'd be willing to play it again. In particular I'd probably nerf the 'kill everyone' strategy and give town more reliable investigative power.

Also, the way the ruleset is written leaves a lot of things ambiguous. That led to unnecessary confusion, with the mod having to rule on how things work throughout the game. I think that the more complex and unusual a setup is, the more clearly the rules need to be written in order to make it fun to play.

(WitchHunt is a classic example of doing this right. The setup is no-flip like this one, with even more abilities, but every role and every possible power interaction is explained clearly in the ruleset.)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm completely down to be on a workgroup to fix this and run it either as an open or get rid of the voting and make it a mishmash.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Power Brokers
Mafia
Tipsy/Auro
Tipsy/Nero Cain

The story behind Tipsy having two hoods is that votato hooded Nero Cain before he was replaced and ABR didn't make any note of it in the mod PT, so I didn't know that it happened and I let Tipsy hood Auro. Then Nero asked me about the hood and I was like "shit..." and so I had to make it known that Tipsy got their action back because otherwise it gets into "the mod made a mistake" WIFOM.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Auro »

Ah lol and I was reaction testing Tipsy about knowing he had another PT :lol:
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

nice job guys special thanks to the back up mods that carried this to the end ! setup definitely needed polishing but we didn't know exactly which gears to turn before it started.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

nice job guys special thanks to the back up mods that carried this to the end ! setup definitely needed polishing but we didn't know exactly which gears to turn before it started.

mafia had a lot of chances to daykill 2-3 town players in one go but replaced out and lost their window
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”