petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:46 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2916, Starbuck wrote:OMG SPYREX IN THE SPECTATOR THREAD??????????????
no offense to the players, but second favorite part of the game for me as a spectator after the wave of tracker claims
In post 2844, Hoopla wrote:
*Revelations - It's been said that people are easiest to read when something surprising happens. This game was designed to facilitate those moments.
i 100% agree with this.

if you wanted to argue that this game was town-sided, it would have been because there were
too many
of these moments. the way reck and CLAP trickled out their revelations, and the way agar and GC played when the tracker claims all came out made it fairly obvious they were all town. it takes a creative scumbag to simulate something surprising or to thrive in chaotic gamestates - most of the time scum will be reactionary when something surprising is unfolding, rather than be the instigators.

it still requires savvy town members to parse these moments and draw the right conclusions, and there is still room in the setup for scum goofiness if they wanted to be proactive. but i think most scum won't, and that ought to be factored into balance considerations.

it's easy to say in hindsight (because it kind of happened this game), but with the potential for these surprising moments to confirm, removing scum's ability to kill obvtownies could have boxed them in more than they were.
pretty much this, when you have a bunch of people claiming the same role the reactions are going to be easy to parse (please ignore that i did not bother to do this in the spec thread). to pull one of my favorite quotes from Crypto: "A truly reliable town tell is something that a mafioso wouldn't think to say or do, at least not without forethought. The best town tells are reflexive. Reflexive behavior is something that scum are very unlikely to have thought to produce on the spur of the moment."
free crypto
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeahhhh i saw spyspy over there. i tried to find him on league to invite him to play but he was never on :(
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Spyrex coming to watch warmed my cold dead heart.

Also, whoever in the spectator thread said scum should have claimed a revelation that all revelations were a lie ... GENIUS! Wish I would have thought of that
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:16 am

Post by Vi »

Hmm, yeah.

I've been thinking about it, and... given that wildly off-base confusion about the setup and the resulting hatred toward the moderator is a viable option for the Mafia in a closed setup, especially with open ends like this one, I shouldn't have been upset when it happened. I'm sorry, Gamma.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:27 am

Post by AGar »

VPB/Kmd: after CLAP claimed, did y’all give any consideration to killing him to gain your kill back or did you think the untrackable nature gave you a better chance?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2929, AGar wrote:VPB/Kmd: after CLAP claimed, did y’all give any consideration to killing him to gain your kill back or did you think the untrackable nature gave you a better chance?
I personally felt like we were benefiting from the unreliable tracks, especially when so many trackers were still alive. GC eating the kill shifted that calculus. I probably would have wanted to end the mechanic soon for a hand selected Xylo scenario. Internally, I was thinking about ways I could try to get the town to Yeet puppy even though they knew he was town. Gamma's track basically ruined my life.

Finished the dead thread. Sorry for the psychological torture everyone was going through when people were talking about not yeeting me! I was very surprised that me just confidently leaning into my fake track on Vi actually worked.

I'm not sure why people were so mad at Vi (both town and scum). The madness is the point in these games isn't it? I do wonder if I would feel the same if I was in UT's position of being completely in the dark. But when the mass tracker outing and puppy's claim happened, I was giddy with the insanity. It was so much fun.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Vi »

In post 2930, VP Baltar wrote:I do wonder if I would feel the same if I was in UT's position of being completely in the dark. But when the mass tracker outing and puppy's claim happened, I was giddy with the insanity. It was so much fun.
The point was raised that UT felt like one of the only players in the dark and had nothing to play with because at the time of his death he
was
... because the first time a Town-aligned non-Vanilla player died was N4. Like, I've heard that veets play the role of soaking up kills so power roles don't eat them but this was unusually thorough about it.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:14 am

Post by SpyreX »

In post 2927, VP Baltar wrote:Spyrex coming to watch warmed my cold dead heart.

Also, whoever in the spectator thread said scum should have claimed a revelation that all revelations were a lie ... GENIUS! Wish I would have thought of that
Hi boo ;)

This was an interesting one to come back and read over. I'm pretty bad at the game as per the agreement but Gamma gets the props because you had me fooled.

The only one I really shook my head at was UT bein the laziest day ever, but understandable .
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2932, SpyreX wrote:

Hi boo ;)

This was an interesting one to come back and read over. I'm pretty bad at the game as per the agreement but Gamma gets the props because you had me fooled.

The only one I really shook my head at was UT bein the laziest day ever, but understandable .
spyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyreeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
green shirt thursdays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

In post 61, Vi wrote:I was told to put a swing warning on this setup but I didn't expect this to be why
Also Vi, as my title shows, losing the ability to read when you get a Vi-PM is part of the charm, gosh.

P-Edit: sup reck
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

miss u boo
green shirt thursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Gammagooey »

SpyreX wrote:

Hi boo ;)

<3
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

hey spyrex
Porkens
Porkens