Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #8250 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Titus »

In post 8243, MathBlade wrote:
In post 8241, Titus wrote:Tbh, you would have been better off taking Bell's approach and not fakeclaiming here but just stubbornly not suiciding. It would have been better to paint suiciding as which mouse puts the bell on the cat scenario (no pun intended). There was no fake claim that really worked.

If you stuck with town, you couldn't be anti suicide (see above for your best move).

If you claimed 3p, there were a litany of posts to grill you with. I was just starting to when you cracked and conceded.
Yeah.

Knowing what I know now that was best.

I literally didn’t know anything about the setup though.

So I made a gamble to stop you from hooding Chemist and it failed.

It was also when I thought A50’s hood was siding with us. If he wasn’t it wouldn’t really matter as I lacked enough Charisma bank to win against Bell.

I really needed Bell to be in the hood and not Suicide.

The fact he fake claimed traitor when it wasn’t possible fucked me.
Bell didn't claim traitor.
I mentioned like 100 times, it was modconfirmed 5 scum.

To your credit though, I was the one who wanted to hood Chemist to have him fail. Nero wanted shelly to die.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8251 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 518, schadd_ wrote:
In post 514, MathBlade wrote:
In post 513, schadd_ wrote:sorry your wincon should say "parity among town-aligned players"
Uhm a little late to say that bud. Been playing this whole time as if Titus etc didn’t have to be killed.

Well fuck.

We just went from almost win to screwed.
sorry. this was the way the game was balanced at the outset and certain other players have the understanding that is how it would proceed. to clarify things for you, though, i will let you know that there are two other segments of non-town, one of which does not count toward your wincondition and one that does
Glad you’re happy I was scum Nero.

So Mastina flipping Green made me think she was town and A50 was hood siding with us.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8252 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Titus »

No one wanted to hood you or Bell because you were already known not to suicide.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8253 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8250, Titus wrote:
In post 8241, Titus wrote:Tbh, you would have been better off taking Bell's approach and not fakeclaiming here but just stubbornly not suiciding. It would have been better to paint suiciding as which mouse puts the bell on the cat scenario (no pun intended). There was no fake claim that really worked.

If you stuck with town, you couldn't be anti suicide (see above for your best move).

If you claimed 3p, there were a litany of posts to grill you with. I was just starting to when you cracked and conceded.
Yeah.

It was also when I thought A50’s hood was siding with us. If he wasn’t it wouldn’t really matter as I lacked enough Charisma bank to win against Bell.

To your credit though, I was the one who wanted to hood Chemist to have him fail. Nero wanted shelly to die.
You claimed 5 army. Not 5 scum. And bell did 100% claim traitor last day.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8254 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Titus »

In post 8251, MathBlade wrote:
In post 513, schadd_ wrote:sorry your wincon should say "parity among town-aligned players"
Uhm a little late to say that bud. Been playing this whole time as if Titus etc didn’t have to be killed.

Well fuck.

sorry. this was the way the game was balanced at the outset and certain other players have the understanding that is how it would proceed. to clarify things for you, though, i will let you know that there are two other segments of non-town, one of which does not count toward your wincondition and one that does

So Mastina flipping Green made me think she was town and A50 was hood siding with us.

So our claimed wincons had nothing to do with this choice?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8255 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Titus »

In post 8253, MathBlade wrote:

Yeah.

We claimed no other scum could exist. That's why A50 crew was conftown to us.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8256 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Titus »

Lol the Titus contracting thing was fun RNG but realistically unusable.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8257 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8254, Titus wrote:
In post 8251, MathBlade wrote:

Well fuck.

So our claimed wincons had nothing to do with this choice?
Town+ typically can be gated by points or events.

A50 did not claim any additional win cons and the fact they claimed grey flip made me think neut combined with your green flip.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8258 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8255, Titus wrote:
In post 8253, MathBlade wrote:

Yeah.

We claimed no other scum could exist. That's why A50 crew was conftown to us.
Yes you did.

But neut isn’t scum. You’re a hyper literal player Titus and so is Mastina.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8259 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

And you can lie.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8260 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I wanted Shelly to blow up b/c I was under the mistaken reasoning we needed the point for someone to sacrifice. I think b/c I was worried most of the game that we might miss the 2 points from all scum elims/only 2 max town elims and I guess I had been saying that so much that I came to believe it even when we didn't.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8261 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Titus »

GG Math. I'm off to DnD now. It was close.

So basically, don't trust Titus lol.

We can talk more later if you want but this game was close than it seemed.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8262 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

also @ first a50 was pushing a shelly/tpg team and I had wanted a dead shelly do he could move on.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8263 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Titus »

In post 8260, Nero Cain wrote:I wanted Shelly to blow up b/c I was under the mistaken reasoning we needed the point for someone to sacrifice. I think b/c I was worried most of the game that we might miss the 2 points from all scum elims/only 2 max town elims and I guess I had been saying that so much that I came to believe it even when we didn't.
Lol yeah. I had to remind you of that.

I still will not regain the hair I lost from screaming "We don't count for parity."
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8264 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8261, Titus wrote:GG Math. I'm off to DnD now. It was close.

So basically, don't trust Titus lol.

We can talk more later if you want but this game was close than it seemed.
In post 8260, Nero Cain wrote:I wanted Shelly to blow up b/c I was under the mistaken reasoning we needed the point for someone to sacrifice. I think b/c I was worried most of the game that we might miss the 2 points from all scum elims/only 2 max town elims and I guess I had been saying that so much that I came to believe it even when we didn't.
I wish you had.

But yeah this was close.

I kinda wanna move on from this game because I kinda feel it was bastard. But maybe that’s just because of what I saw.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8265 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

i just want to read the scum thread and the intern thread but we gotta w8 :/

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #8266 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Game was balanced imo.
If you two has just convinced us to eliminate Shelly and then TGP it would have been a loss.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8267 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:03 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Yeah I don't think the game was very unbalanced actually, we needed the help as town. Imagine if we hadn't hit scum D1
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #8268 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

i don't think the game was townsided per se but it felt very anti-scum
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8269 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

Imho no.
Scum by premise are the informed minority.

Titus Mastina and Nero’s hood were the informed minority.
I get scum won’t have all the information but literally telling 3P the entire setup is bad.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #8270 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:50 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 8267, superbowl9 wrote:Yeah I don't think the game was very unbalanced actually, we needed the help as town. Imagine if we hadn't hit scum D1
there were also 3 prs that instantly got doinked. i'm very confident it was townsided even with interns not counting for parity
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8271 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

for the record i did like the public cop mechanic. it was a fun gimmick, but scum just needed a couple extra members to counter the inevitable deaths that came from it. most of the mechanics individually were fun, but there were just too many of them that helped town and not enough that helped scum.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #8272 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why was i confirmed town? Who did it?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8273 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

Likely the mod.

We were told D1 there would be a list of names (not who would we on it), and we could repeat freely from said list.

Not sure why or how it was just one name.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #8274 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Did mod randomly pick someone to be confirmed town?

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”