zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:16 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

brian vs titus was unfortunate

feel like if noddy didnt hammer there, that was a potentially game breaking point but there were probably still too many people writing gypyx off as town there

o well
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:18 am

Post by unwnd »

I've never crumbed my role in my entire life

Crumbs were always bad, and also I'm surprised scum have stopped fake crumbing too?
Stop
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Cabd »

my brain, several times this game:

"Oh wow, all of the people crumbing are town, town might notice this"

(They did not)
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:19 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm p sure i've *only* ever crumbed as scum
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1439, Cabd wrote:It not announcing me was annoying but I was able to paper over
Consistency, my neighborhood didn't announce when I added people either
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1419, unwnd wrote:Wallposts build character if they're done right. I think the thing was walls is that sometimes you can get in a tangent and you end up saying a lot of shit that could've been trimmed down. It's basically just striking a balance between brevity and necessity, which is my goal most of the time when I write them

Bring back walls
Wall posts enable scum to hide behind content over conviction and action.

Look, anything town does, scum can counter and use in ways that harm the town. Neighbourhoods are busted, but if scum gets to maximize them, it's over.

Townblocking can lock down a game.... unless scum get to corrupt it.

Wall posts can convince people of a lot of things... but scum can take those and make the game from a 10 page game into a 100 page game and everyone can lean tvt.

what I think people need to staart seeing is that just cause it feels town don't mean it is, and that people need to be willing to compromise more on votes early to test players who have a lot of charisma.

It's the old Glork test. People used to give glork like... one day to find a bunch of scum and have his pick of who should die.

And if he failed, they'd kill him. Not everyone needs THAT level of burdened proficency, but it helps not turn the game into a stew of 10000000 posts that no one wants to read.

Also, rest in peace Glork. =(
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:38 pm

In post 1476, unwnd wrote:I've never crumbed my role in my entire life

Crumbs were always bad, and also I'm surprised scum have stopped fake crumbing too?
I think role crumbing is bad, but I think softing is fine?

Like I think if you have no good reason to be hinting your role, don't.

if you DO, like weak doctor, or a result... go for it right?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1480, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:It's the old Glork test. People used to give glork like... one day to find a bunch of scum and have his pick of who should die.

And if he failed, they'd kill him. Not everyone needs THAT level of burdened proficency, but it helps not turn the game into a stew of 10000000 posts that no one wants to read.
this should ABSOLUTELY be applied to cabd imo
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1480, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1419, unwnd wrote:Wallposts build character if they're done right. I think the thing was walls is that sometimes you can get in a tangent and you end up saying a lot of shit that could've been trimmed down. It's basically just striking a balance between brevity and necessity, which is my goal most of the time when I write them

Bring back walls
Wall posts enable scum to hide behind content over conviction and action.

Look, anything town does, scum can counter and use in ways that harm the town. Neighbourhoods are busted, but if scum gets to maximize them, it's over.

Townblocking can lock down a game.... unless scum get to corrupt it.

Wall posts can convince people of a lot of things... but scum can take those and make the game from a 10 page game into a 100 page game and everyone can lean tvt.

what I think people need to staart seeing is that just cause it feels town don't mean it is, and that people need to be willing to compromise more on votes early to test players who have a lot of charisma.

It's the old Glork test. People used to give glork like... one day to find a bunch of scum and have his pick of who should die.

Also, rest in peace Glork. =(
Yeah I'm very aware of this and have been apart of it, even done this to same effect. It's more engaging to me though personally, and I think basically everything requires balance. I don't wanna 10 walls on one page but I want people to have the
ability
to make a wall. Huge disconnect and something that made older games more difficult was that the site suffered from some tone deficiency, but now it's just all tone
Stop
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:54 pm

In post 1482, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1480, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:It's the old Glork test. People used to give glork like... one day to find a bunch of scum and have his pick of who should die.

see: Xenoblade

The interaction Cabd and I had Day 1.

Cabd is all in on sir cakez. I'm squinting at him and being like "Are you really town".

I go to Cabd and I say "Cabd, if Cakez flips green, I'm killing you tomorrow. We good with that?"

Cabd says yep, I vote Cakez, all remaining resistance breaks, Cakez flips red.

That shit is FINE. If Cakez had been green I'd have killed cabd you believe me.

And it is game relative, you shouldn't always kill him if he does look more town but it's worth doing a lot of times to keep him honest.

It also displays a town habit that is lost in these fucking times, and that's humility.

I let my vote be controlled by Cabd on Day 1on the caveat if he was wrong I could kill him because I was sus of cabd.

Day 2 comes around and I'm sheeping Cabd because why the fuck not. He's got a lock on the game better than mine and if he ends up wrong for a bit and doesn't get night killed I can kill him. I can just lay low, be a townie observing shit, come online if I need to and if I don't... we will win eventually.

NOT EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE THE HERO.

NOT EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE RIGHT.

Sometimes, a little humility, giving up your vote to others and being okay being wrong and shutting shit down to reevaluate for a bit

is fine.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:06 am

Post by Gypyx »

who's that glork person?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:10 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1469, Krazy wrote:
In post 1465, zMuffinMan wrote:sad that town kept writing gypyx off because he was more active or something rofl

NS decided that the moment I found GX scum was the perfect time to hammer Titus :P
that's indeed the perfect moment from my point of view lol
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:15 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1485, Gypyx wrote:
who's that glork person?
A regular mafia player, he died of cancer a few years ago I think.
I never had the pleasure of playing with him.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:16 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1487, Bell wrote:
In post 1485, Gypyx wrote:
who's that glork person?
A regular mafia player, he died of cancer a few years ago I think.
I never had the pleasure of playing with him.
oh, sorry about asking that

thanks for the answer though

bottom text
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:32 am

Post by Cabd »

So what actually was the point of telling the neighbors that they would be lovers in the same time zone? My set up spec on that was actually legitimately confused?
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:33 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1484, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1482, Gamma Emerald wrote:

see: Xenoblade

The interaction Cabd and I had Day 1.

Cabd is all in on sir cakez. I'm squinting at him and being like "Are you really town".

I go to Cabd and I say "Cabd, if Cakez flips green, I'm killing you tomorrow. We good with that?"

Cabd says yep, I vote Cakez, all remaining resistance breaks, Cakez flips red.

That shit is FINE. If Cakez had been green I'd have killed cabd you believe me.

And it is game relative, you shouldn't always kill him if he does look more town but it's worth doing a lot of times to keep him honest.

It also displays a town habit that is lost in these fucking times, and that's humility.

I let my vote be controlled by Cabd on Day 1on the caveat if he was wrong I could kill him because I was sus of cabd.

Day 2 comes around and I'm sheeping Cabd because why the fuck not. He's got a lock on the game better than mine and if he ends up wrong for a bit and doesn't get night killed I can kill him. I can just lay low, be a townie observing shit, come online if I need to and if I don't... we will win eventually.

NOT EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE THE HERO.

NOT EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE RIGHT.

Sometimes, a little humility, giving up your vote to others and being okay being wrong and shutting shit down to reevaluate for a bit

is fine.
Good post LLD! I agree with what you said.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1489, Cabd wrote:So what actually was the point of telling the neighbors that they would be lovers in the same time zone? My set up spec on that was actually legitimately confused?
They were neg-utility roles. We wanted there to be a counterpart to all the roles that wanted to invert. Thought there could be an interesting situation if the neighbors are being told to invert but they don't want to.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:40 am

Post by Gypyx »

thing is, there were already so many turnstiles needed for PRs

realistically, massclaim happens before town even considers turstiling scum for benefit or stuff

bottom text
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:44 am

Post by SirCakez »

that's what I didn't foresee, town claiming all their shit so early.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:05 am

Post by Krazy »

I think designing a setup where power roles need to be activated by public consensus is likely to be a setup where a lot of claims happen early :P
vote conspiracy
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1494, Krazy wrote:I think designing a setup where power roles need to be activated by public consensus is likely to be a setup where a lot of claims happen early :P
That's the caveat. I was expecting that people would be discrete and try to get turnstiled without just being "BTW GUYS I HAVE PR IF YOU YEET ME"
But that didn't happen.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

I thing that it was fairly apparent to most people that if someone was trying to turnstile early game they had a pr tho

I'm not sure how easy/possible it would have been to get turnstiled without telegraphing that

People without a pr didnt have much of an incentive to turnstile. people with a pr did
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:01 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I did not know that about Glork.

that is very sad. I miss him very much :(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:05 am

Post by Cabd »

Hench in the dead PT:
I kinda realized at one point that pooky was tilted because he had been bussed by so much of his team but trying to have an intelligent conversation about shit going on in inverted was all but impossible
It's funny because pooky was more like
"bus me" and I was like "fuck your optimal play I want to win with everyone"
Show

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:20 am

In post 1497, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I did not know that about Glork.

that is very sad. I miss him very much :(
you're not the only one =(

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”