jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Fuck Playing Mafia Mafia FULL

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Mafia's not that great a game. Let's just play minigames instead.

5 town, 2 mafia. Nightless. Each day consists of a minigame. The player who wins the minigame chooses the lynch and then the next day starts. Mafia don't even get a PT because then they'd be able to collaborate secretly and that might break some minigames. Mafia win when the only people left alive are mafia. Town win when the only people left alive are town.

Signups:
1. Korina
2. lalaladucks
3. DeathRowKitty
4. Errantparabola
5. Srceenplay
6. Ircher
7. Whemestar

Dead:
Korina: Town
Whemestar: Town
Errantparabola: Town

Alive:
lalaladucks
DeathRowKitty
Srceenplay
Ircher
Last edited by jjh927 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Okay we're full, expect alignment PMs soon
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Alignments are out
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by jjh927 »

We're opening with an internet scavenger hunt! It's way more fun than a scum hunt, so forget about that mafia game you're playing. You will have a deadline of 15 minutes to find the items in the following post. Any missing item will add 1 minute to your final time. You must submit all items simultaneously in thread, as this will decide your finishing time. Any player submitting an item for which an identical submission* has been made will instead have that item count as missing- so no copying, and even if you didn't copy you should have been faster! Do note that some items may even count for multiple list items, but in that case you need to say all the things you are submitting them for. You may not submit multiple answers for the same list item in order to block other people from using them.

Submit by XX:39 or be penalised heavily! For the first minute over the deadline, each second will cost you an additional second on your final time. For the second minute over, each second will cost you four additional seconds on your final time. If you still have not submitted by the end of the second minute over, you will be disqualified. You may wish to prioritise certain items over others and accept that finishing all the items on the list might be quite difficult.

*Identical submissions where images are concerned includes different images of the same thing.

The post for required items will be made at XX:24. Happy hunting!
Last edited by jjh927 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Probably should have given people more time to be aware that the game is starting actually so I'm shifting that
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Some of the items are text but yeah that probably will suck
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I'll be dropping the post of items at XX:24 on the dot
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Go get the things!

1. A quote of a winning kodak moment from a past scummies
2. The name of an old-school runescape quest
3. A meme about a player involved in the game
4. A link to a completed mafia game on mafiascum that sheepsaysmeep played in
5. A link to a completed mafia game on mafiascum that was reviewed by mhsmith0
6. An image of a single original mighty morphin power ranger
7. An image of a facebook react
8. A meme from at least 10 years ago
9. A Mersenne prime number
10. A link to the game topic of a perfect scum win on a mafiascum
11. The title of a scientific article about bees
12. A picture of a newspaper from the last week and a spoon
13. The name of a cryptocurrency
14. A picture of a mainstream Mystery Inc. member
15. A copypasta
16. The name of a police procedural TV show (spinoffs are duplicates).
17. A youtube video of a one-hit wonder
18. A recipe for a trifle
19. A link to the profile of a Yume alt or hydra
20. An image depicting a single battery size
21. The name of an antivirus software
22. An image of the icon for any VoIP software
23. A Shakespearean sonnet
24. A video of a BWV
25. A quote from someone else on mafiascum that includes a typo that they made
26. An answer to "What's brown and sticky?"
27. A tag yourself meme that you also tag yourself in
28. The name of any Lovecraftian Great Old One
29. The chemical symbol for a halogen element
30. A wikipedia list
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 11, jjh927 wrote:We're opening with an internet scavenger hunt! It's way more fun than a scum hunt, so forget about that mafia game you're playing. You will have a deadline of 15 minutes to find the items in the following post. Any missing item will add 1 minute to your final time. You must submit all items simultaneously in thread, as this will decide your finishing time. Any player submitting an item for which an identical submission* has been made will instead have that item count as missing- so no copying, and even if you didn't copy you should have been faster! Do note that some items may even count for multiple list items, but in that case you need to say all the things you are submitting them for. You may not submit multiple answers for the same list item in order to block other people from using them.

Submit by XX:39 or be penalised heavily! For the first minute over the deadline, each second will cost you an additional second on your final time. For the second minute over, each second will cost you four additional seconds on your final time. If you still have not submitted by the end of the second minute over, you will be disqualified.
You may wish to prioritise certain items over others and accept that finishing all the items on the list might be quite difficult.

*Identical submissions where images are concerned includes different images of the same thing.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 11, jjh927 wrote:We're opening with an internet scavenger hunt! It's way more fun than a scum hunt, so forget about that mafia game you're playing. You will have a deadline of 15 minutes to find the items in the following post. Any missing item will add 1 minute to your final time.
You must submit all items simultaneously in thread,
as this will decide your finishing time. Any player submitting an item for which an identical submission* has been made will instead have that item count as missing- so no copying, and even if you didn't copy you should have been faster! Do note that some items may even count for multiple list items, but in that case you need to say all the things you are submitting them for. You may not submit multiple answers for the same list item in order to block other people from using them.

Submit by XX:39 or be penalised heavily! For the first minute over the deadline, each second will cost you an additional second on your final time. For the second minute over, each second will cost you four additional seconds on your final time. If you still have not submitted by the end of the second minute over, you will be disqualified.
You may wish to prioritise certain items over others and accept that finishing all the items on the list might be quite difficult.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 38, DeathRowKitty wrote:let's lynch someone before the scavenger hunt ends
Good luck I'm not counting votes what do you think this is a mafia game
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 11, jjh927 wrote:We're opening with an internet scavenger hunt! It's way more fun than a scum hunt, so forget about that mafia game you're playing. You will have a deadline of 15 minutes to find the items in the following post. Any missing item will add 1 minute to your final time. You must submit all items simultaneously in thread, as this will decide your finishing time. Any player submitting an item for which an identical submission* has been made will instead have that item count as missing- so no copying, and even if you didn't copy you should have been faster! Do note that some items may even count for multiple list items, but in that case you need to say all the things you are submitting them for.
You may not submit multiple answers for the same list item in order to block other people from using them.

Submit by XX:39 or be penalised heavily! For the first minute over the deadline, each second will cost you an additional second on your final time. For the second minute over, each second will cost you four additional seconds on your final time. If you still have not submitted by the end of the second minute over, you will be disqualified. You may wish to prioritise certain items over others and accept that finishing all the items on the list might be quite difficult.

I'm gonna have to keep highlighting bits of this aren't I
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Halfway mark
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 37, jjh927 wrote:
In post 11, jjh927 wrote:We're opening with an internet scavenger hunt! It's way more fun than a scum hunt, so forget about that mafia game you're playing. You will have a deadline of 15 minutes to find the items in the following post. Any missing item will add 1 minute to your final time.
You must submit all items simultaneously in thread,
as this will decide your finishing time. Any player submitting an item for which an identical submission* has been made will instead have that item count as missing- so no copying, and even if you didn't copy you should have been faster! Do note that some items may even count for multiple list items, but in that case you need to say all the things you are submitting them for. You may not submit multiple answers for the same list item in order to block other people from using them.

This was too
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by jjh927 »

but whatever I guess just submit random shit and whoever gets the most things before the time wins because the list being quite big made it scary
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah but lalaladucks was too

Was all supposed to be in one post but don't worry about it this event has gone to shit
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 57, jjh927 wrote:Yeah but lalaladucks was too

Was all supposed to be in one post but don't worry about it this event has gone to
shit
baby poop
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Time!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by jjh927 »

jfc my timestamps have been on point
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Okay, this is gonna take longer than it should have done since I need to iso wheme and lalala but let's total up the things

I'm also concerned that Korina isn't posting and we will need a replacement if he doesn't show up
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 76, jjh927 wrote:Time!
I'm discounting everything after this post ftr
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by jjh927 »

EP definitely takes that one. I'd total things up but I'd have to spend time explaining why things were disqualified for everyone but EP is way ahead
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Uh, you have until like 5 minutes after I find a Korina replacement / Korina comes back to choose the lynch, EP
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Okay, Korina was town.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by jjh927 »

So, now we have 6 people we're playing coup. You know that fakeclaiming thing people do in mafia? Well, you can do more of that here than you ever could in that game.

You're all gonna start with 2 character cards and 2 coins. You know what your character cards are, but other people don't. On your turn, you can do 1 action. There are 3 basic actions that you can do regardless of what character cards you are given. All character cards either allow you to perform a different type of action. or allow you to block certain actions from occurring, and some do both. You can block an action from occurring whenever you like and this is not limited by turn. All possible actions are as follows:

Basic Actions:

• Income:
Gain one coin.
• Foreign Aid:
Gain two coins
• Coup:
Pay seven coins and start a coup against an opponent. That player must lose a character. (If you have ten coins, you must take this action.)
Character Actions

• Ambassador:
Draw two character cards from the draw deck; choose two to keep (from among the 4 you now have) and return two. You can also block someone from stealing from you.
• Assassin:
Pay three coins and to assassinate another player’s character.
• Contessa:
Block an assassination attempt against your character.
• Captain:
Steal two coins from another player. You can also block someone from stealing from you.
• Duke:
Take three coins. You can also block someone from taking the foreign aid action.

When you take a character action or block someone else's action, you don't reveal your character. Actually, you don't even have to really have that character to take the action- you just have to say you do. If someone calls you out on that, you can either reveal that you are telling the truth and reshuffle your character into the deck and draw a new one (causing the challenger to lose a character) or you can lose a character. When you have lost both characters, you lose. The last one standing wins.

Please bold all actions, blocking, and challenges. If you are going to lose a character, please state in bold which one you are losing. (You always get to choose). Noting that this is a fast-paced game played on a forum, if you're going to call someone's bluff then please state the player name as well, as it is possible that someone might take their turn immediately after another player and, despite PEdits, that might still become an issue. If someone does rush ahead, but a player wants to call out the person before them, the rushing player may retake their go with their previous action voided as the gamestate is guaranteed to change after a challenge is made.

Do try to be courteous and don't go too fast, though. Also try to keep up so you can make any challenges you want to make before the gamestate moves on. If you're taking your time deciding whether or not you want to call, you might want to announce that so that the gamestate doesn't move on without you. Now, bluff to your heart's content!

The turn order is:
DeathRowKitty, Ircher, Errantparabola, lalaladucks, Whemestar, Srceenplay

Lemme just PM you your characters
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Ircher, you can redo that if you want
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by jjh927 »

EP is up now
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by jjh927 »

lalaladucks is up now
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Remember to bold challenges if you're challenging btw
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by jjh927 »

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by jjh927 »

There are 3 of each card, and there are currently 3 cards in the deck that nobody holds.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 154, DeathRowKitty wrote:
FOREIGN AID
It's not your turn. It is currently lalaladucks' go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 160, lalaladucks wrote:
do whatever ambassador does lol ????
Resolving, might want to move on to Whemestar
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (isolation #33) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 166, lalaladucks wrote:brb in a min!
Oh, we need to wait for a response then
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (isolation #34) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:11 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Wheme, you don't have a duke
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Don't do the "which card are you losing" thing when you're called correctly again because I could see that leading to srceenplay ditching a card there
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (isolation #36) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah was gonna give one while lalaladucks was gone but then that happened
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by jjh927 »

DRK: 2 coins, 2 cards
Ircher: 5 coins, 2 cards
EP: 5 coins, 2 cards
lalaladucks: 2 coins, 2 cards
Whemestar: 2 coins, 1 card
Srceenplay: 5 coins, 2 cards,

Contessa face up

DRK to go
Last edited by jjh927 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (isolation #38) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 192, lalaladucks wrote:I DID MY ACTION VIA PM I HOPE THAT IS WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO!
Yeah, that's how ambassador has to work
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (isolation #39) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 195, Errantparabola wrote:I would rather have DRK for here actually, can you change my order
I don't know what you're asking
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (isolation #40) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Contessa face up

Ircher to go
Last edited by jjh927 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (isolation #41) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I'm gonna keep up with this

The turn order is:

Contessa face up

EP to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #42) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The turn order is:

EP: 8 coins, 2 cards

Contessa face up

lalaladucks to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (isolation #43) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Oh, you have to do action in thread

lalaladucks declared ambassador action

Just, ambassador resolves via pm because you're swapping out cards secretly
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (isolation #44) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yes but you bold it
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by jjh927 »

While lalaladucks chooses,

The turn order is:

Srceenplay: 5 coins, 2 cards

Contessa face up

Whemestar to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah now we're definitely gonna have to wait for those choices
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #47) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The turn order is:

Srceenplay: 8 coins, 2 cards

Contessa face up

DRK to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (isolation #48) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The turn order is:

DRK: 3 coins, 2 cards

Contessa face up

Ircher to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Oh I thought I was waiting on wheme picking a card but PM didn't send
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (isolation #50) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 253, WhemeStar wrote:Thats not how coup works
Yes it is
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 117, jjh927 wrote:So, now we have 6 people we're playing coup. You know that fakeclaiming thing people do in mafia? Well, you can do more of that here than you ever could in that game.

You're all gonna start with 2 character cards and 2 coins. You know what your character cards are, but other people don't. On your turn, you can do 1 action. There are 3 basic actions that you can do regardless of what character cards you are given. All character cards either allow you to perform a different type of action. or allow you to block certain actions from occurring, and some do both. You can block an action from occurring whenever you like and this is not limited by turn. All possible actions are as follows:

Basic Actions:

• Income:
Gain one coin.
• Foreign Aid:
Gain two coins
• Coup:
Pay seven coins and start a coup against an opponent. That player must lose a character. (If you have ten coins, you must take this action.)
Character Actions

• Ambassador:
Draw two character cards from the draw deck; choose two to keep (from among the 4 you now have) and return two. You can also block someone from stealing from you.
• Assassin:
Pay three coins and to assassinate another player’s character.
• Contessa:
Block an assassination attempt against your character.
• Captain:
Steal two coins from another player. You can also block someone from stealing from you.
• Duke:
Take three coins. You can also block someone from taking the foreign aid action.

When you take a character action or block someone else's action, you don't reveal your character. Actually, you don't even have to really have that character to take the action- you just have to say you do. If someone calls you out on that, you can either reveal that you are telling the truth and reshuffle your character into the deck and draw a new one (causing the challenger to lose a character) or you can lose a character. When you have lost both characters, you lose. The last one standing wins.

Please bold all actions, blocking, and challenges. If you are going to lose a character, please state in bold which one you are losing. (You always get to choose). Noting that this is a fast-paced game played on a forum, if you're going to call someone's bluff then please state the player name as well, as it is possible that someone might take their turn immediately after another player and, despite PEdits, that might still become an issue. If someone does rush ahead, but a player wants to call out the person before them, the rushing player may retake their go with their previous action voided as the gamestate is guaranteed to change after a challenge is made.

Do try to be courteous and don't go too fast, though. Also try to keep up so you can make any challenges you want to make before the gamestate moves on. If you're taking your time deciding whether or not you want to call, you might want to announce that so that the gamestate doesn't move on without you. Now, bluff to your heart's content!

The turn order is:

Lemme just PM you your characters
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The turn order is:

Ircher: 7 coins, 2 cards
EP: 6 coins, 2 cards

Contessa face up

EP to go

Gamestate will change if EP blocks
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #53) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The turn order is:

EP: 9 coins, 2 cards

Contessa face up

lalaladucks to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #54) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 117, jjh927 wrote:
• Ambassador:
Draw two character cards from the draw deck; choose two to keep (from among the 4 you now have) and return two.
You can also block someone from stealing from you.

• Captain:
Steal two coins from another player.
You can also block someone from stealing from you.
If you're confused
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (isolation #55) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The turn order is:

lalaladucks: 5 coins, 2 cards

Contessa face up

Whemestar to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (isolation #56) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The turn order is:

Whemestar: 3 coins, 1 card

Contessa face up

Srceenplay to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #57) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The turn order is:

Ircher: 7 coins, 1 cards
Whemestar: 3 coins, 1 card
Srceenplay: 1 coins, 2 cards

Contessa and captain face up

DRK to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Srceenplay did have a contessa.

DRK lose a character.

Lemme just rand again for the deck
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #59) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Wheme reveals his ambassador and dies

The turn order is:
DeathRowKitty, Ircher, Errantparabola, lalaladucks, Srceenplay

DRK: 0 coins, 1 card
Ircher: 0 coins, 1 cards
Srceenplay: 1 coin, 2 cards

Contessa, captain, assassin. ambassador face up

Wheme is dead

EP to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (isolation #60) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Only in coup
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #61) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Wheme still lives in the overall game he's just dead for this minigame that is taking way longer than planned
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (isolation #62) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The turn order is:

EP: 10 coins, 2 cards
Srceenplay: 1 coin, 2 cards

Wheme is dead

lalala to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #63) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Jesus christ the 4 player thing is going to take you years
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (isolation #64) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Last edited by jjh927 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #65) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by jjh927 »

lalaladucks to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (isolation #66) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Oh
you beat me to it
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #67) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The turn order is:

EP: 10 coins, 2 cards
lalaladucks: 8 coins, 2 cards
Srceenplay: 4 coin, 2 cards

Wheme is dead

DRK to go
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #68) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I guess I could technically just flip wheme and move on to the next game and call everything a lost cause
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (isolation #69) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah I have somewhere to be in 3 hours

Minigame over

Wheme died
He was town
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by jjh927 »

It's time for a poetry competition! Poetry is an art, and game balance is an art too I guess. But poetry is a much better art than game balance so that's what you lot are gonna do.

You will have 20 minutes to write a poem about a given theme. That theme will come in the following post, which will occur at XX:04. You will then have until XX:24 to submit your poems. I will judge them based on their quality, not so much on their relevance to the theme- this theme will be pretty broad and you should use it more as a starting point than a rigid guideline. As long as there is some evidence of a tie-in to the theme you'll be okay.
Last edited by jjh927 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (isolation #71) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Good call deadline is 20 minutes now
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (isolation #72) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The theme is light. Go be poets!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (isolation #73) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by jjh927 »

my mod topic is called fuck modding mafia
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (isolation #74) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Idm and I can see
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (isolation #75) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I have a solution to timescale problems! You do not know the ramifications of this, but the 3 player game and the 4 player game are being swapped.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (isolation #76) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Guess you don't all need the full 20 minutes because that's everyone submitted
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (isolation #77) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by jjh927 »

DRK PMed me:
It's bright outside
Shit....

Guess I'll stay indoors today.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (isolation #78) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by jjh927 »

And yeah Srceenplay wins so choose a lynch
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #79) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by jjh927 »

EP was town
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #80) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by jjh927 »

What's this? This isn't part of any established game and is nothing of cultural significance? Oh right, yeah, I made it up based on a logic puzzle but without the logic element. It's a game of discerning information from other people. This is functionally like
LyLo
MyLo in a mafia game. Except, unlike mafia, this is literally the entire game and there might actually be 2 mafia here depending on the rest of this game. Sure, I guess the fact that there's only
4 of you left will probably influence how you play this game, because you're not just after the win for this event now- you want to win that dumb mafia game you've been playing all these events in. But those complications aside, this is a really simple game.

You are either wearing a blue hat or a red hat. This is the result of an independent coin toss for each player. You don't know what colour hat you yourself are wearing, but you can see the other
two
three players wearing hats, so you know what colour hats they are wearing.

You win if you correctly (and in bold) guess the colour of your hat. You die instantly and lose the event if you guess incorrectly. I'll be locking the thread until XX:30 so that I can get PMs out and nobody has an unfair advantage with regards to speed guessing.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (isolation #81) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Unlocked! Hats off to you all
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (isolation #82) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by jjh927 »

You guess in bold, and yes if you're going to guess then you need to guess a colour
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (isolation #83) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah Ircher and lalaladucks aren't picking up the PMs
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (isolation #84) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I could replace them but I honestly feel like this has gone terribly and fuck playing fuck playing mafia mafia.

I guess you're right in that it could work as a micro with much larger times on the deadline and the removal of certain events in favour of less complicated ones that work better over a longer period of time.

Might be time to can it here though
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #85) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by jjh927 »

If you two want to continue I'll find replacements
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (isolation #86) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Well if you had fun it wasn't a total failure.

Yeah let's just call it there. Game's up.

Scum were DRK and Ircher. I guess they can win because they have 50% of the vote even though that wasn't the wincon.

Sidenote: I really didn't anticipate having this heavy a role of moderator involvement and I should have done. This borderlined bastard because of that.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (isolation #87) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by jjh927 »

This game (the 4 player one) was gonna be perudo, which got moved to the 3 player because it would have taken a long time.

The 2 player finale was mafiascum avatar guess who
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (isolation #88) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by jjh927 »

WAIT THAT'S IT
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (isolation #89) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Instead of outright ending the game like that...

Lalaladucks and Ircher can die or whatever

Oh boy! We're down to the last 2 players, and 1 is town and 1 is scum! In a mafia game, the mafia would win now, but this is better than mafia. It's time for the ultimate test of wits. The greatest of role hunts.

The final game, and the deciding round of this game as a whole, is Mafiascum Avatar Guess Who?.

Both players must pick an avatar and PM it to me so there is a record of their choice. They then take it in turns to ask each other yes/no questions about their choice, which can be either about the avatar or the player it belongs to. The first player to correctly guess the other player's avatar as their yes/no question wins. Do note that if you ask subjective questions you should be prepared for subjective answers, although particularly non-conformist answers to things may cause inquisition in post-game.

Since this is a 1V1 and you all want to know who to root for, alignments will now be revealed. The scum player goes first.

Here's the board! Note that players and their avatars were semi-randomly selected and semi-randomly ordered. Please do not take offence at either making the board or not making the board.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (isolation #90) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Seriously though I should probably have immediately realised there was a valid tiebreaker because that's literally the last game
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (isolation #91) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Do you mean the hat game? If so that was intended as essentially being lylo but not, but if there were 2 scum they just reveal and one tells the other the hat
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #92) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Otherwise I could probably have allowed a scum PT for deciding who to kill when you win minigames
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (isolation #93) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Scumhunting was possible but yeah that was a major disengagement thing
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (isolation #94) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I think I should have allowed more time for people to read the rules of things. Some of the games were probably too complicated.

That said, I think the internet scavenger hunt worked pretty well, the hat game works as a thing, and mafiascum avatar guess who is a masterpiece.

Poetry might have been a little too far in the real-skills department for it to be an event but eh, it's my preferred art
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (isolation #95) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Gimme like 20 mins
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #96) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Oh, night then
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (isolation #97) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I head down, lightbulb in hand,
walk into the bathroom, stand
and slouch again, and check the switch.
It's off, I think.
I swap the bulb,
and like some sorcerer of old,
behold the golden light unfold
and smack my eyes like a desk drawer I stood too close to.

You see,
or you don't;
The light makes bare
of what is there
but breaks my sight
when it is night.

And then I can count the sleep on my face
in the mirror
by the light I have made,
and I can count the sleep on my fingers,
because the day keeps me awake.

Return to “Completed Marathon Games”