Individual-1 (Donald Trump)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
rb
Survivor

Pronoun: It

Post Post #18650  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:45 am

In post 18648, Garmr wrote:
In post 18647, Ginngie wrote:
In post 18646, T S O wrote:and it seems overwhelmingly likely that through his usage of American services etc. he will be a net detriment to the US economy.

"seems likely"

means you haven't researched it

so go do your homework buddo

This isn't a gotcha to tso's argument you know.

Tso can't say for sure that a individual won't contribute to the economy or not, but he can look at the picture as a whole and make a educated guess on what is most likely to happen by comparing other individuals who were in similar circumstances in the past. Thus " it seems overwhelmingly likely" is the best phrase to use in this circumstance.

Also it doesn't mean he hasn't researched it either but I can't be sure so I will leave that to him.

:cop: wee-oo wee-oo, this is the clue police! next stop: garmr! :cop:

if tso had actually researched it, he wouldn't be making an educated guess or using the terms "likely" - he'd just be referring to the thing he'd researched instead

also this: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... e-economy/

:cop: wee-oo wee-oo! clue police returning to base! :cop:
:^)

They call me the man who isn't could not try to would it. But I would it.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He

Post Post #18651  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:06 am

In post 18650, rb wrote:
In post 18648, Garmr wrote:
In post 18647, Ginngie wrote:
In post 18646, T S O wrote:and it seems overwhelmingly likely that through his usage of American services etc. he will be a net detriment to the US economy.

"seems likely"

means you haven't researched it

so go do your homework buddo

This isn't a gotcha to tso's argument you know.

Tso can't say for sure that a individual won't contribute to the economy or not, but he can look at the picture as a whole and make a educated guess on what is most likely to happen by comparing other individuals who were in similar circumstances in the past. Thus " it seems overwhelmingly likely" is the best phrase to use in this circumstance.

Also it doesn't mean he hasn't researched it either but I can't be sure so I will leave that to him.

:cop: wee-oo wee-oo, this is the clue police! next stop: garmr! :cop:

if tso had actually researched it, he wouldn't be making an educated guess or using the terms "likely" - he'd just be referring to the thing he'd researched instead

also this: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... e-economy/

:cop: wee-oo wee-oo! clue police returning to base! :cop:

The clue police shouldn't drink drive.

It can refer to making a educated guess as well with information as well. But

What you linked somewhat supports tso's point.

In post 18646, T S O wrote:Legal immigrants can typically contribute more to the US economy than illegal immigrants can

From the article you sent me
republicans are right to call for tough measures to deter illegal immigration — which means building the wall, ending the “catch and release” policy and challenging the harboring strategy of sanctuary cities.

So does tso even have to post a article anymore?

I'm starting to wonder if people here don't just grab a random article and don't read it. I had someone tell me all the kkk support trump and sends me a article of a high up KKK member supporting Bernie sanders (saying how the other smart kkk members support Bernie sanders) and just saying he loves the chaos trump causes but doesn't like the policies.

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #18652  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:27 am

I'd be fine w measures to control illegal immigration if that were all that's happening, but donald's also combined that with measures to reduce and make harder legal immigration and imo an excessively negative stance on the value that immigrants, even poor immigrants, add to our country. I think overall we should be accepting loads more immigrants than we are right now.
there's only one thing we say to the god of death

Ginngie
Memorable Event

Post Post #18653  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:46 am

NOT ALLOWING PEOPLE TO CROSS AN IMAGINARY LINE ON THIS PLANET IS SO DUMB

JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN SOMEWHERE DOESNT MEAN SHIT

YOU GOT LUCKY

i know it’s necessary for social order but fuck do i hate how someone can illegally go into a country

It’s the god damn earth fucking christ
Eddie Cane

Ginngie
Memorable Event

Post Post #18654  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:47 am

Do i go on a rant how i think it’s really just a tool to use for racism because who the fuck cared about illegal immigrants from Europe?

Anyone?
Eddie Cane

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #18655  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 am

In post 18654, Ginngie wrote:Do i go on a rant how i think it’s really just a tool to use for racism because who the fuck cared about illegal immigrants from Europe?

Anyone?

Historically or just now?

Ginngie
Memorable Event

Post Post #18656  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:17 pm

I just.

I can’t rant rn I just passed physics and I’m way too happy with the semester being over to ruin it
Eddie Cane

Garmr
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18657  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:39 pm

In post 18653, Ginngie wrote:NOT ALLOWING PEOPLE TO CROSS AN IMAGINARY LINE ON THIS PLANET IS SO DUMB

JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN SOMEWHERE DOESNT MEAN SHIT

YOU GOT LUCKY

i know it’s necessary for social order but fuck do i hate how someone can illegally go into a country

It’s the god damn earth fucking christ

the chances of you being born a human is one in 400 trillion. So I think that's pretty lucky.

Maruchan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18658  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:41 pm

in a perfect world gingie, you'd be right. We could all go wherever we please. However, in that perfect world, there would be no need to leave our home country, as our home country would have the same perfect laws as the country we are going to, so why would I ever leave?

It's an imperfect world though, and different countries do exist with a hell of a difference in their laws and rulers and policies. To keep the world from all just immigrating to the best country and destroying it because of overpopulation and lack of resources to handle it and failed infrastructure, we need to have borders, and laws about how to cross them. (no i am not saying the US is the "best country" in this example. I plan to immigrate out of the US one day)

So borders (while made up by humans and "imaginary") are kind of important to good order in the world.
Show

Ginngie
Memorable Event

Post Post #18659  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:12 pm

In post 18658, Maruchan wrote:in a perfect world gingie, you'd be right. We could all go wherever we please. However, in that perfect world, there would be no need to leave our home country, as our home country would have the same perfect laws as the country we are going to, so why would I ever leave?

It's an imperfect world though, and different countries do exist with a hell of a difference in their laws and rulers and policies. To keep the world from all just immigrating to the best country and destroying it because of overpopulation and lack of resources to handle it and failed infrastructure, we need to have borders, and laws about how to cross them. (no i am not saying the US is the "best country" in this example. I plan to immigrate out of the US one day)

So borders (while made up by humans and "imaginary") are kind of important to good order in the world.

I acknowledged this but 2nd
Eddie Cane

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #18660  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:19 pm

ftr i think that a country like US is probably still plenty of room for even billions more people if they came in at the right pace

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #18661  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:37 pm

In post 18655, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 18654, Ginngie wrote:Do i go on a rant how i think it’s really just a tool to use for racism because who the fuck cared about illegal immigrants from Europe?

Anyone?

Historically or just now?

Yes and Ginnie is correct here

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #18662  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:38 pm

In post 18660, Psyche wrote:ftr i think that a country like US is probably still plenty of room for even billions more people if they came in at the right pace

Wyoming and Montana have like 2 people

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #18663  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:38 pm

India is roughly 1/3 the size of the US and still is massively rural in areas

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #18664  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:39 pm

The us could easily fit the world's population at a moderate-density city level of density. We have a lotttttt of space and our cities aren't even that dense to begin with

Ginngie
Memorable Event

Post Post #18665  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:00 pm

In post 18661, BROseidon wrote:Ginnie

swear imma change my name to Jean
Eddie Cane

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #18666  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:01 pm

i think there are good reasons to vet potential immigrants and turn away those who are potential threats to the people living here or even to our political culture
the logic of using immigration policy to enrich a country rather than to achieve some potentially self-defeating notion of geographic justice seems decently sound
my main objection to the rightwing types remains their belief that hardly any immigration is enriching

rb
Survivor

Pronoun: It

Post Post #18667  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:33 pm

In post 18664, BROseidon wrote:The us could easily fit the world's population at a moderate-density city level of density. We have a lotttttt of space and our cities aren't even that dense to begin with

lol wats an ecology imo
:^)

They call me the man who isn't could not try to would it. But I would it.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18668  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:14 pm

In post 18663, BROseidon wrote:India is roughly 1/3 the size of the US and still is massively rural in areas

India would be a awful example. Unless you have enough money it's practically a third world country.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #18669  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:18 pm

Yeah the rich/poor disparity in India is staggering
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

hebichan
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #18670  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 pm

In post 18668, Garmr wrote:
In post 18663, BROseidon wrote:India is roughly 1/3 the size of the US and still is massively rural in areas

India would be a awful example. Unless you have enough money it's practically a third world country.

https://www.newsweek.com/alabama-un-pov ... ism-743601

So is Alabama.

Porkens
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18671  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:25 am

Immigrants pay taxes and don’t use as many services. This is settled reality.

Ginngie
Memorable Event

Post Post #18672  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:28 am

In post 18671, Porkens wrote:Immigrants pay taxes and don’t use as many services. This is settled reality.

It's not about what's true, it's about what they F E E L
Eddie Cane

Panzerjager
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #18673  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:49 am

Anyone?

Of course it's racism. Most illegal immigrants into America are actually Canadian and no one on that border is shouting to build a wall.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=71172
Cooldog was not banned for this post. Antisemitism is ok on Mafiascum.

Get To Know A Panzer

hebichan
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #18674  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:03 am

Trump is officially implicated in two felony counts of federal campaign finance violations after Cohen was charged. It also came out that Russia contacted Trump as far back as 2015 to help get him get elected.

But yes, this whole Russia thing is the left's version of a conspiracy theory. Maybe in the same way evolution is a scientific theory.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion