Individual-1 (Donald Trump)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
rb
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2016
Location: sp00ky
Pronoun: It

Post Post #18900  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:01 am

dunno, depends what things about her TSO likes

the fact TSO likes her doesn't automatically mean she's bad, but it is a red flag sure
beep beep im a jeep

Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2007
Location: Cascadian Subduction Zone

Post Post #18901  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:11 am

The fact Tulsi is pro-Assad means she's bad.
"I used to think that votes equaled pressure, too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what does equal pressure? Pressure. Pressure equals pressure. Crazy, huh?"

rb
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2016
Location: sp00ky
Pronoun: It

Post Post #18902  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:47 am

yeah a cursory google search has made me decide the same

she's a yikes
beep beep im a jeep

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18903  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:51 am

She's pretty yikes

But not because tso supports her
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: pacing the road to damascus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18904  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 am

In post 18874, T S O wrote:For the record, I think Tulsi Gabbard is fantastic, and I wouldn't commit to voting Trump over her in a general election. And I'm reasonably fond of Trump.

this is so interesting
bannon apparently has said really similar stuff
"You say you're bored, but you don't even try to take action or change anything. You seek some sort of stimulus, and yet you don't even attempt to challenge new things...Yeah, I had a phase like that too, once upon a time.
Listen well - to be human is to be an eternal wanderer. It's up to you to discover the new vistas of life. No one else will clear the way!"

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: pacing the road to damascus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18905  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:03 am

In post 18888, Creature wrote:
In post 18868, T S O wrote:you should at least recognise the more intellectually honest among them (Psyche

Heh

hey if you want to try finding a way to defend bolsonaro's record on gays and women and people of color i promise i'll take you seriously for at least until you get banned
"You say you're bored, but you don't even try to take action or change anything. You seek some sort of stimulus, and yet you don't even attempt to challenge new things...Yeah, I had a phase like that too, once upon a time.
Listen well - to be human is to be an eternal wanderer. It's up to you to discover the new vistas of life. No one else will clear the way!"

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #18906  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:58 am

In post 18905, Psyche wrote:
In post 18874, T S O wrote:For the record, I think Tulsi Gabbard is fantastic, and I wouldn't commit to voting Trump over her in a general election. And I'm reasonably fond of Trump.

this is so interesting
bannon apparently has said really similar stuff

David Duke calls her an American Patriot. Richard Spencer is a big fan of hers as well. Both have publicly tweeted praise for her.

I don't know much about her, but that's not a good sign.
Occasionally intellectually honest

rb
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2016
Location: sp00ky
Pronoun: It

Post Post #18907  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:59 am

from now on anyone TSO likes is bad until proven otherwise, to save us time debating whether or not people TSO likes is bad
beep beep im a jeep

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #18908  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 am

In post 18908, rb wrote:from now on anyone TSO likes is bad until proven otherwise, to save us time debating whether or not people TSO likes is bad

Stop. This sort of thing is unhelpful. Duke and Spencer are avowed and unabashed racists and nazis. If they like someone, it's almost always a red flag. I disagree with TSO on many political viewpoints, but he is absolutely not equivalent to Duke or Spencer.
--
(New Yorker profile on Tulsi Gabbard) I'm heading to bed. This is my self-reminder to read this later.
Occasionally intellectually honest

rb
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2016
Location: sp00ky
Pronoun: It

Post Post #18909  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:42 am

TSO is unabashedly transphobic, just as bad as racism on an interpersonal level fmpov
beep beep im a jeep

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18910  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 am

In post 18894, AniX wrote:Oh wait no, I see what he means by sex: male and female. But again, intersex exists so that's at least a trinary. To say nothing of the fact you couldn't then and can't now name a definition of sex that includes exactly two parts.

Sex is meant to be a more concrete distinction between male and female (based on biological characteristics), hence why it's meant to only have two categories: male and female. Intersex is like a mix of both, usually leaning one.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18911  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:58 am

In post 18910, rb wrote:TSO is unabashedly transphobic

I don't think considering sex and gender both binaries is transphobic. Did I miss something else?
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: pacing the road to damascus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18912  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:19 am

yeah it turns out that tso has made more than one post
"You say you're bored, but you don't even try to take action or change anything. You seek some sort of stimulus, and yet you don't even attempt to challenge new things...Yeah, I had a phase like that too, once upon a time.
Listen well - to be human is to be an eternal wanderer. It's up to you to discover the new vistas of life. No one else will clear the way!"

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18913  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 am

In post 18913, Psyche wrote:yeah it turns out that tso has made more than one post

I've only seen one talking about genders.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18914  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:28 am

In post 18889, T-Bone wrote:The best part about calling out the intellectual dishonesty of some people is that you single out not Anix's ideas, but their identity. Whoops.


This didn't happen. Whoops.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18915  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:29 am

In post 18912, Creature wrote:
In post 18910, rb wrote:TSO is unabashedly transphobic

I don't think considering sex and gender both binaries is transphobic. Did I miss something else?


No, that position is considered outright transphobic on this forum. That's literally all you need to be called a transphobe.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: pacing the road to damascus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18916  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 am

In post 18914, Creature wrote:
In post 18913, Psyche wrote:yeah it turns out that tso has made more than one post

I've only seen one talking about genders.

it turns out that he's made other posts
"You say you're bored, but you don't even try to take action or change anything. You seek some sort of stimulus, and yet you don't even attempt to challenge new things...Yeah, I had a phase like that too, once upon a time.
Listen well - to be human is to be an eternal wanderer. It's up to you to discover the new vistas of life. No one else will clear the way!"

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18917  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 am

In post 18906, Psyche wrote:
In post 18888, Creature wrote:
In post 18868, T S O wrote:you should at least recognise the more intellectually honest among them (Psyche

Heh

hey if you want to try finding a way to defend bolsonaro's record on gays and women and people of color i promise i'll take you seriously for at least until you get banned

I won't negate what he said, but I don't look nowadays to political correctness because it already screwed my country up to the ass. I nowadays look which candidate ideology I agree most (and if they're trustworthy). If needed, just bring a good congress to put them in line. Like, there are plenty of pro-Bolsonaro deputies that wouldn't allow him to go too crazy.

Also, the point is that I have a quote of yours that you probably wouldn't want used against you. Although, I'm willing to consider you just got carried away.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18918  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:36 am

In post 18917, Psyche wrote:
In post 18914, Creature wrote:
In post 18913, Psyche wrote:yeah it turns out that tso has made more than one post

I've only seen one talking about genders.

it turns out that he's made other posts

Where else he talks about genders in his recent posts?
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18919  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:55 am

The whole appeal of Tulsi Gabbard is that Republicans are willing to vote for her. Since everyone here thinks Republicans are outright scum, obviously you won't like her.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18920  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 am

In post 15775, T S O wrote:I don't think I'm a transphobe, but I have no fear of being called one. To clarify a few things, here are my beliefs.

There are only two genders. Gender fluidity is an outright mental illness, any gender other than male or female is mental illness. Otherkin is beyond mental illness - if you think you are a dog or cat you probably need to be locked away for your own good. Anyone who uses pronouns such as "xer" or "xe" is outright deluded, and I've always thought that this is a desperate cry for help and attention rather than anything else. If anyone believes any of these, I pity the person. But in the same way that you would not entertain someone telling you that other people live in their head, you would not entertain these fallacies either.

I think transgenderism is a mental illness as well, but grouped closer to depression, and not with things like gender fluidity. The latter has no basis in reality, whereas transgenderism does exist. In the same way that no-one would choose being depressed over not being depressed, no-one would choose being transgender over not being transgender. To be clear - I don't think any surgery or hormones can actually change your gender. But if you simply can't live as you were born, and you're 100% sure, then you can have the surgery, take the hormones, and l'll respect that and refer to you by your new name. I'm dubious to whether the supposed cure - surgery and hormones - is at all effective, as suicide rates are as high post-op as pre-op - the official line on this is something about oppression which is ludicrous. I have read somewhere that the transgender suicide rate is matched only in history by Jews under Nazi Germany, so it isn't that. I do firmly believe that if you think you are transgender then you should be committed enough to it to undergo surgery.

I will admit something that I'm sure will go down poorly - the uncanny valley is definitely real for me with relation to transgender people. It's undeniably true. Sorry, but there you go.

In post 16357, T S O wrote:
In post 16351, Dwlee99 wrote:https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/


Some of the article's conclusions don't make any sense to me. The boys experiencing gender dysphoria (what does that even mean? Are they all experiencing it strongly? Are some experiencing it more than others) reacted like girls, but the girls experiencing gender dysphoria... also reacted like girls? This is completely inconclusive, unless your conclusion is that only men can be transgender. What exactly does "relatively thin" mean in context of brain structure? The article is bizarrely vague. It's admittedly easy to poke holes and think you've won, but I really am not sure what this article is meant to prove.

If you've been doing your research, then you must have also came across this and this. What did you think of them? What did you think of this study showing their suicide rates? The suicide rates are rather similar - uncommonly high - whether the people around them knew they were transgender or not. I'm sure you've read the famous 2011 study from Sweden showing that transgender suicide rates do not decrease post-op. Dr. Paul McHugh of Johns Hopkins frequently writes that the vast majority of children experiencing gender dysphoria do not continue to experience it throughout adulthood. Transgender people also seem to commonly harbour other mental disorders - this article is anecdotal, but serves to prove my point. I don't have any studies off the top of my head that prove correlation between gender dysphoria and severe childhood abuse, but like this former transgender I'd be willing to bet my life that it's true.

Most of the people who think they are some form of third gender are also transgender. It doesn't appear to me - from mental health statistics, suicide statistics, etc. - that their perception of the world is always correct. I'm not saying that there are no rational people among them; Sesq has always seemed rational to me, for example. But as a group, I don't think that their testimony on the existence of this third gender is very reliable. And I don't think the compassionate thing to do is to humour a delusion, whether it's schizophrenia, split personality, or using non-binary pronouns.


These are the quotes.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T-Bone
disappointed
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2011
Location: Shrug City
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18921  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:42 am

In post 18915, T S O wrote:
In post 18889, T-Bone wrote:The best part about calling out the intellectual dishonesty of some people is that you single out not Anix's ideas, but their identity. Whoops.


This didn't happen. Whoops.


My friend, you're not President Trump. You cannot lie and say you didn't say something when you literally said it. His audience isn't the same as yours right now.
#TeamLizzy (or I will ban you)

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 01, 2017

Post Post #18922  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:49 am

There are so many problems in your arguments

one of the easiest ones is your argument about suicide rates.

https://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-release ... dents.html

tl;dr: gay acceptance reduces suicide rates of gay people.

Fun fact buddy, a lot of people kill themselves pre and post op for the same reason, people shitting on them and oppression. Suicide rates have gone down with higher acceptance rates.

(just a tangent but this one is always golden to me; it's really a stat caused by oppressing human beings and then justifying that oppression because the oppressed kill themselves for being oppressed).

The other thing is that you're not up to date in the medical world at all.

You call it a mental illness but it's actually no longer classified as a mental illness by WHO.

Also, almost everyone in the field that actually deals with transgender issues will go towards letting the person discover who they are and to just express themselves however they feel.

You can't quantify being trans because someone can't change the way you feel fundamentally about some things.

That's why science is exploring gender being a spectrum where we fall on because no one expresses things in a strict binary sense.
Eddie Cane

T-Bone
disappointed
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2011
Location: Shrug City
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18923  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:51 am

RE: Gabbard, some Republicans seem to like her because her beliefs are a weird intersection of specific instances of social conservatism and economic populism. Remember, a lot of people thought they were getting economic populism with Trump. He just ended up being an ordinary pro-business anti-middle class conservative instead.
#TeamLizzy (or I will ban you)

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18924  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:10 am

I don't even necessarily think it's the social conservatism (though I'm sure that's part of it) as much as it's her charisma, anti-war foreign policy overlapping with being a war veteran, and the fact that even most Republicans do want economic policies that aren't horrible and she ticks off enough + check boxes that they'd be willing to support her.

The big takeaway to me should be that despite her economically being ridiculously left she has this appeal to Republicans and that maybe that means that running moderate candidates instead of progressive ones isn't the way to go about courting right wing voters.
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion