Song Contest 140 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:02 am

Post by vizIIsto »

I want to send my submission early, but you haven't replied to my PM yet. And it's relevant for my submission.
Last edited by vizIIsto on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently away from site for indeterminate time (except for Song Contest)
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:37 am

Post by vizIIsto »

You know what, I'll send the submission anyways. I can always change it to another song. Like a backup song.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:54 am

Post by vizIIsto »

Now, as promised, I'm going to share either a normal song or a video game song with you and send in the other. This time, I've decided to share with you the latter, and it's this song:

Luigi's Mansion Main Theme

Background story: So Luigi's Mansion 3 came out a couple weeks ago. I don't have the game, but my nephew is going to get it, and he doesn't know how good the game turned out to be. The bosses, the design, the story building... the story in the game is probably the most enjoyable part! They turned Luigi's Mansion 3 into a real movie-type kinda thing, and it was very fun to watch a video with just the cutscenes!
Only thing that isn't as good is the music, which is surprising considering the Switch could have a lot to offer. I still prefer the old Luigi's Mansion theme over the new one
(they changed it)
. And that new main theme is probably one of the best songs, if not the best, of the entire game. That shows how underwhelming it was for quite a lot of gamers.

Also this song which is my new ringtone. I might even consider this better than the main theme.

Leaving opinions would be very much appreciated :]
Last edited by vizIIsto on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:16 am

Post by vizIIsto »

Surprisingly (well not really actually but nvm) I already know what song I'll be entering not this contest, but the next one.
Gosh, it's so freakin awesome. I still remember when I first heard it. Good days.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:43 am

Post by vizIIsto »

The deadlines are one week long instead of two weeks which I am still perfectly fine with, but it still is a very long wait when nothing interesting happens in my life.

I hate waiting. :yawn:
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:18 am

Post by vizIIsto »

In post 24, Formerfish wrote:
In post 22, vizIIsto wrote:The deadlines are one week long instead of two weeks which I am still perfectly fine with, but it still is a very long wait when nothing interesting happens in my life.

I hate waiting. :yawn:
I feel like the deadline is good for voting, but I think a shorter submission period would be ok.

I feel like most of us who participate would be able to handle the shorter time frame because we know we are going to join and usually have an idea of what we are submitting.
So true that last part. I already know what my submissions and side-submissions will be for the upcoming two contests.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:37 am

Post by vizIIsto »

In post 27, zeebu wrote:whats a side submission?
I explained this in the previous contest: I'm 'submitting' two songs for each contest: one is an actual song and one is from a video game.
Then, I select one to submit and share the other one with the others during the submission period (so people have something to rate while waiting)
I would like to redirect you to post 7. :D
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:39 am

Post by vizIIsto »

Ugh. I had high hopes for the Principality of Hutt River...
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:59 am

Post by vizIIsto »

Just got a message from tool that micronations like The Principality of Hutt River are allowed.

Welp.

Uhh.

Oops.

Kinda kills the concept of anonymity now, eh? :oops:
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:47 am

Post by vizIIsto »

Well, since everyone is able to tell which submission is mine, I might as well not spoiler my thoughts on my own song this time round, but I'll spoiler them anyways because of good manners.

Spoiler: My thoughts
So this is the only version of the first song that I could find that was good, but it also had another song added to it. Well, two for the price of one. I wasn't planning on submitting the other song in a future contest anyway, but it's a great addition.
I've sung this song quite a lot for the past year and a half. There was this girl in high school which was really helpful to me when I was struggling in the first year with a new group. (for those who don't know, I have social struggles). She even was my 'buddy' at some point. We could get along well and I was really glad that I got her as a pal.

And then things changed. The second year with this new group (also my last year of high school), I quickly fell in love with her. Her beauty, her intelligence, her personality, it was all so inspiring and charming and at the same time overwhelming and frightening to me. Some sort of jealousy, maybe, as I wasn't happy with who I was and what I did.
That's where it went wrong. We started to grow apart, I chose another 'buddy' (who is still my best buddy as of speaking), I started to speak to her less... I never chatted with her during lunch breaks. She always hung out with her friends.
I couldn't handle these feelings of love which I had never experienced before, at least, not so crushing. I noticed with every word I said to her that I felt so ashamed just sitting next to her with no one else around. I guess that's what separated us more.
When I had the intuition that I might lose contact with her, all I wanted to show her was that I was grateful for our friendship and that I knew that my love wasn't possible as she didn't love me back. But I guess I gave her the wrong signals.
The bigger that feeling of separation got, the more I started to freak out in high school. I had a time-out card for when I didn't feel comfortable in class, well, I tell ya, I used it a lot in the last few months. At one point, I didn't even show it to the teachers anymore, I just ran out, threw over a chair and slammed the door back with tears in my eyes. That's also why at one point the school direction decided it was better for me to stay at home for a while because everybody who saw it was shocked.

Today, she's no longer a part of my life. We're living our own lives now, quite a few miles apart. I had to say a sorrowful goodbye to her. The things I said to her, mostly, along the lines of 'I wish you all the best of luck in your future' and 'you will always stay with me in my mind, in my heart'.
I still miss her very much to this day, and I hope with all hope that I get to see her beautiful smile again some time. In the meantime, I'm singing this song about once a week, when I'm going for a stroll, or under the shower, or when no one's home in my room. I sang it a lot in the last few weeks of high school and during final exam week.
Do I sing it to her? Well, not always, sometimes I just sing it to myself to settle with my thoughts for her and sorrow, and sometimes I just sing it because it's a helluva good song. I hope you guys will like it as much as I do, but for me, there's some personal stuff going behind it, and I just wanted to share that with you, and the beauty of this song.

In my eyes, this song is as beautiful as the girl I love so much.
Last edited by vizIIsto on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 am

Post by vizIIsto »

Also, for those that don't know this is the case,
there's two songs in my submission. Please listen to both.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:19 am

Post by vizIIsto »

In post 55, PJ. wrote:Is she dead?
No, at least I hope not so. :oops:
She simply left me and we are living our own lives now.

Return to “General Discussion”