Survivor Season 40: Winners Never Lose

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #9375  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:54 pm

I wish EoE just wasn't on the season tbh

Jake from State Farm
Survivor

Post Post #9376  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:07 pm

In post 9375, AaronFrost wrote:I wish EoE never existed

fyp
Show

T-Bone
A Cut Above

Post Post #9377  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:32 pm

They had to or half the cast wouldn't have returned.
Trying the Twitch thing out, help me get to 50!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

AcRv
Goon

Post Post #9378  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:39 pm

I mean that's what Jeff claimed but it seemed that him announcing it was the first time some of them at least had heard about it.

I think that this season it makes more sense than in the original EoE season because of the returning player problem.

So newer winners didn't get to just revisit idol hiding spots (since they've been in Fiji since S33), a new way of getting advantages seems necessary. Having eliminated players choose who can get them lets people's pre-merge social game have more impact on the game than it presently does. I'm not sure how else idol hunts could fairly be implemented given the familiarity with the location that new players have.

Though they may well also have regular hidden idols but I hope they don't this time. And only this time, I should clarify.

Also RE Boston Rob: yeah he was an arsehole but that was what, sixteen years ago and in another culture and when he was pretty young and immature. Do we know if he's still like that now? Though I'll concede that even if he has got better since that it feels weird to not mention it at all while banning Rich from coming back.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989

Cephrir
Best Social Game

Post Post #9379  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:26 pm

I think it'd probably be fine if they went back to more "impossible to find without a clue" hiding spots
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville, Bartleby the Scrivener

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #9380  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:40 pm

Kim
get to know a reckoner

FUCK CANCER. #greenshirtthursdays

Jake from State Farm
Survivor

Post Post #9381  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:30 pm

In post 9378, AcRv wrote:I mean that's what Jeff claimed but it seemed that him announcing it was the first time some of them at least had heard about it.

They acted like they heard the 2M prize for the first time also. I’m sure they knew before coming. There is some tv production involved im sure.
Show

AcRv
Goon

Post Post #9382  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:45 pm

In post 9379, Cephrir wrote:I think it'd probably be fine if they went back to more "impossible to find without a clue" hiding spots

And then have the clues distributed in rewards like the good ol' days?

Also

Michele

Being left out of the loop is bad for her, sure, but I suspect that this will result in her being roped into a voting plan because she'll be desperate. I doubt they'll just take her out as an easy vote. Hopefully.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989

Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #9383  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:52 pm

I'm taking Michele because I had forgotten she was even in the season until her only confessional in the second hour. I figure considering the theme they won't shaft anybody THAT bad on visibility.
"I used to think that votes equaled pressure, too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what does equal pressure? Pressure. Pressure equals pressure. Crazy, huh?"

Save The Dragons
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #9384  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:56 pm

Red rover red rover they sent Amber over so give me Rob
aka Fenrir

Fluminator
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9385  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:13 am

Hiding the idol only on exile island was the best way to hide idols.

Jake from State Farm
Survivor

Post Post #9386  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:13 am

Michele

I have no clue. Not taking the chance on Rob. I think him and parvarti may be targets if they lose.
Show

AcRv
Goon

Post Post #9387  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:29 am

I'm 90% sure Rob goes if his tribe loses. Because everybody will go "oh crap he has two fire tokens now" after seeing Amber is voted out. At least Adam will push that vote. Dunno if he'll have the numbers though.

Ben I think would be safe as well, though I want to hold onto him for a later vote because I'm less sure of Michele's short term survivability.

People who I think have the most chance of being voted out:
Rob (Because people will know that he has two Fire Tokens. Likely Adam leading the charge with Jeremy)
Adam (If Rob maintains his social pull, people will follow Rob in taking him out for targeting him)
Jeremy (He's on the bottom in that tribe and on the off chance the boat isn't rocked, he'll be gone since he's more threatening than Michele. Could also go if he's caught as being part of an anti-Rob movement)
Tyson (The Poker Paranoia)
Kim (Poker Paranoia AND on the bottom)

If Sandra didn't have an idol then I'd have her on that list too.

I'm confident that Sophie, Yul, Wendell, and Denise are safe to the merge or maybe the first swap. Ethan I am 100% sure makes the jury. He's the perfect mix of likeable and non-threatening, but then will become threatening around 7 or 8 I think when he figures out how to play the new game. Probably also gets given Fire Tokens/advantages because he's a chill dude.

Danni I'm fairly sure is safe for a while? Though I'm kind of ready for her to be unpredictable so don't wanna peg her for anything.

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #9388  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:28 am

In post 9373, Jake from State Farm wrote:ah, I missed that season. ok he is a piece of shit. would have been awesome if him and his wife were sent to EOE 1 and 2

Yeah if you go back and watch early survivor a lot of it is super problematic

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #9389  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:30 am

In post 9378, AcRv wrote:Also RE Boston Rob: yeah he was an arsehole but that was what, sixteen years ago and in another culture and when he was pretty young and immature. Do we know if he's still like that now? Though I'll concede that even if he has got better since that it feels weird to not mention it at all while banning Rich from coming back.

He’s better now probably but like it’s still problematic that he parlayed being a homophobic asshole into being one of the most iconic players of all time and the show actively propped that up in HvV/RI

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9390  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:31 am

In post 9387, AcRv wrote:Jeremy (He's on the bottom in that tribe and on the off chance the boat isn't rocked, he'll be gone since he's more threatening than Michele. Could also go if he's caught as being part of an anti-Rob movement)

I dunno. They split his pair so his threat level has plummeted, and he's a challenge beast. Why dump him now?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

hiplop
Jury Darling

Post Post #9391  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:31 pm

Rob
third best scummer of all time

AcRv
Goon

Post Post #9392  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:55 pm

In post 9389, BROseidon wrote:He’s better now probably but like it’s still problematic that he parlayed being a homophobic asshole into being one of the most iconic players of all time and the show actively propped that up in HvV/RI

Yeah, I can feel that.

Papa Zito wrote:I dunno. They split his pair so his threat level has plummeted, and he's a challenge beast. Why dump him now?

Because with likely two tribe swaps and one usually being about four votes in he might not even be on their tribe for more than two challenges. And EoE makes splitting pairs less of a threat reduction because they know that items can travel from EoE to the main island (even if they haven't figured out how the Fire Tokens are involved in that).

He's still a charming guy who has a number one ally ready to send him things. You want to get rid of him.

Jake from State Farm
Survivor

Post Post #9393  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:35 pm

I will say everyone does deserve a second chance so rob probably has changed. He at least will never be caught saying his true feelings if he hasn’t.
Show

pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #9394  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:30 pm

Gonna take YUL next week.
Show

Rhinox
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9395  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 pm

sandra