Song Contest 150 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #130 (isolation #0) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:
germany: the vocalist is arranging a sequence of Music Words here. 3.1

thailand: i like the postmodern jukebox. the recontextualization is normally fun though it can feel a little boilerplatey. the clickety clack solo was fun here. 3.7

singapore: pretty nice. good moment in the middle where theres a modulation and also suddenly the bass is pulling its weight better. occasional interestingness from the vocalist. 3.5

canada: i dont really like either vocalist individually but they are surely nice in harnony. nothing else is really able to shine. 3.3

iceland: a little bit of good stuff in this. 3.5

asgardia: walked by a foul garbage smell as i started listening to this which was a tellingly coherent multi-sensory experience. 2.5

argentina: quite fun orchestration. i like that the vocalist is balanced like a pop song but still isnt entirely the focal point. theres also a funny autotune-sounding vocal style. greatly liked the two times we got this thick drum section for like 7 seconds. 3.9

liechtenstein: hip hop (and especially trap) that exists in this sanitary movie space is unavoidably very uncanny to me. 3.0

egypt: sorry about the five guys job bro. saying "procrastinating" with a hard -ng is among a list of vibe dampeners here. good arrangement in the chorus. 3.6

cootie doovie: this is like that one epically viral electro swing song. 3.4

denmark: e 2.8

djibouti: e 2.3

russia: i believe i heard: america. vodka. louboutin. spongebob. 3.3

spain: builds a nice environment but is really only able to pull me into it at the fun transitional moments. 3.6
Last edited by schadd_ on Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #156 (isolation #1) » Thu May 21, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:
new zeeland: you might like chastity belt. 3.5

central african republic: rather like how the lead singer falls back into the rest of the vocal cloud for the choruses. 3.7

south korea: wonder when it was that heterochromia became fashionable. like the outfits but the vibe here isnt so great. 3.2

belarus: 3.3

guyana: a friend of mine likes this artist. liking the dance routine (incl. the dudes that just show up and walk in the back). theres a few fakeouts of a key change here which i like - every time she says 너랑 나랑은 조금 i expect it to epically go up a fourth or something. fun. wow i like this. 3.9 wd

seychelles: drums good. has a consant buildup feeling that i dont particularly care for. 3.5

yemen: 3.0

armenia: the chord at :48 is the same as the first chord in redford by sufjan stevens. sorry i dont really have anything else for you. lol. 3.4 wd

usa: uh. kind of errs towards feeling exploitative for me. lol. lotta flashing in the vibeo. 2.4

greece: the drum machine and synth grind thingy is kind of good. i uh do not like much of the other aspects. 3.1
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Return to “General Discussion”