COVID-19 Pandemic

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1225  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:28 pm

I know its still a bit early
but promising news that cities with major protests are not seeing high case rates among protestors
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/covi ... ing-spread

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #1226  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:03 pm

nm we're fucked

Davsto
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1227  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:37 am

The rules are relaxing a little here. But the rhetoric of the government is that they're using a tone that's making it sound like we're out the other side so people are relaxing too much and following rules less. It's pretty unnerving. Plus the government is clearly setting up to blame "the people" for any resurgence in cases, saying he's trusting on us or relying on us to do the right thing or whatever, rather than taking any responsibility for speaking in a manner that implies it's over or potentially lifting restrictions too early (or for putting restrictions down too late in the first place).
"dammit davsto" - everyone
the old bamboo the old bamboo.
"I'm never in someone's sig :(" - McMenno
On British time, currently UTC+1

Equinox
Shot Count

Pronoun: They

Post Post #1228  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:02 pm

San Francisco sent a series of text messages explaining that the great reopening has been delayed due to a spike in COVID-19 cases. Who could have possibly predicted this?
uneasy lies the head that wears a crown

Porkens
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:09 pm

Too much testing BURN THE TESTS

PranaDevil
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:04 am

In post 1227, Davsto wrote:The rules are relaxing a little here. But the rhetoric of the government is that they're using a tone that's making it sound like we're out the other side so people are relaxing too much and following rules less. It's pretty unnerving. Plus the government is clearly setting up to blame "the people" for any resurgence in cases, saying he's trusting on us or relying on us to do the right thing or whatever, rather than taking any responsibility for speaking in a manner that implies it's over or potentially lifting restrictions too early (or for putting restrictions down too late in the first place).

Not to mention the fact that blind supporters of the idiot are also claiming it is the people's fault. When there should be strict guidelines, and even laws, put in place that outright says you cannot do things, rather than blatantly wishy-washy statements.

N
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:07 am

Stay Alert
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy (go stick your head in a pig)

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #1232  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:35 pm

So Texas is taking on the Florida approach

Texas Medical Center hospitals have stopped reporting key metrics showing the stress rising numbers of COVID-19 patients are placing on their facilities, undermining data that policy makers and the public have relied upon during the pandemic to gauge the spread of the coronavirus.

The change came one day after the hospitals reported their base intensive care capacity had hit 100 percent for the first time during the pandemic, with projections showing the institutions — which together comprise the world’s largest medical complex — were on pace to exceed their “unsustainable surge capacity” by July 6.

this surely won't make anything worse

Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:44 pm

Here is Connecticut things are going well as far as containing things. Hospitalizations are almost under 100 after a peak of almost 2000, deaths are down to maybe a few a day, the positive infections from testing is about 1% and the infection rate(or R number) is about 0.7. We are basically the best off state in the country.

On the flip side, I have a little bit of a scratchy throat and some very minor congestion, so I fear I may be part of the 1% :(
'This might be the first game where I'm townreading Doctor Drew. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign considering he was town the previous 2 times' - Hectic
'Like I am trying to not be a tunnelly asshole Drew but my patience is running thin' - Titus

chamber
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1234  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:06 am

Taking a break from the site.

Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:19 am

In post 1234, chamber wrote:https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/fauci-says-covid-19-vaccine-unlikely-to-bring-sufficient-herd-immunity-with-many-americans-saying-they-wont-get-vaccinated/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This is why I kinda hope I do have it, and get over it.

I will be on the front line of cracking skulls to get through to idiots.
'This might be the first game where I'm townreading Doctor Drew. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign considering he was town the previous 2 times' - Hectic
'Like I am trying to not be a tunnelly asshole Drew but my patience is running thin' - Titus

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1236  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:11 pm

I'd still rather not get it

I was planning to go to the beach on Saturday but I'm a bit nervous about that even though things are looking up here in Maryland

They test us at work for covid once a week but 4th of July feels kinda dangerous
I OFTEN BURN WHITE HOT AND DRIFT LAZILY ACROSS THE STRATOSPHERE EMITTING PIERCING SCREAMS JUST LIKE THE REAL SUN!!!

Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:47 pm

No way in hell I would touch a beach this weekend, in CT they have been very good at limiting visitors, but even still.

Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Also, got tested today. The process wasn't nearly as terrible as I thought it would be.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1239  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:49 pm

In post 1237, Doctor Drew wrote:No way in hell I would touch a beach this weekend, in CT they have been very good at limiting visitors, but even still.

Yeah my mom lives in Bristol and now that she's undergoing chemo I wanted to drive up and see her, but even though Maryland isn't a hotspot state I'm still kinda iffy on that too
I OFTEN BURN WHITE HOT AND DRIFT LAZILY ACROSS THE STRATOSPHERE EMITTING PIERCING SCREAMS JUST LIKE THE REAL SUN!!!

Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 pm

In post 1239, kuribo wrote:
In post 1237, Doctor Drew wrote:No way in hell I would touch a beach this weekend, in CT they have been very good at limiting visitors, but even still.

Yeah my mom lives in Bristol and now that she's undergoing chemo I wanted to drive up and see her, but even though Maryland isn't a hotspot state I'm still kinda iffy on that too

Ah that sucks, always a tough decision to make.

But if you are getting tested that much I feel like you would be ok seeing her.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1241  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 pm

Yeah you might be right, I feel a lot more comfortable about stuff anyway knowing that I'm getting tested weekly

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #1242  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:46 pm

welp my area seems to be entering its exponential growth phase

should be fun

z3KIDNYSTONE
Townie

Post Post #1243  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 pm

WEAR A FUCKING MASK
thank you

D3f3nd3r
Goon

Post Post #1244  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:25 am

In post 1243, z3KIDNYSTONE wrote:WEAR A FUCKING MASK
thank you

Adding to this

When the mask is only covering your chin and not your mouth or nose, it is completely useless to both yourself and others
Back to school, back to indefinite semi-V/LA. I should still be reachable through normal means though.

Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1245  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:17 am

In post 1244, D3f3nd3r wrote:
In post 1243, z3KIDNYSTONE wrote:WEAR A FUCKING MASK
thank you

Adding to this

When the mask is only covering your chin and not your mouth or AND nose, it is completely useless to both yourself and others

fixed. So many people wandering around with their masks drooping below their nose, sometimes even their mustaches sticking out above it. when you sneeze, where does the sneeze go? when you inhale, what filters the air going into your nose?

Masks can be uncomfortable. So are helmets and condoms and seatbelts. We wear all of these things to prevent things that are worse than uncomfortable.
Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 3 | Kitten is in Day 1

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #1246  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:31 pm

so this sounds horrific

Elbirn
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1247  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:59 pm

Oh cool my roommates just came back from visiting there for no reason

Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 pm

In post 1247, Elbirn wrote:Oh cool my roommates just came back from visiting there for no reason

Lock them in the basement?

Titus
Moon Walker

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1249  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:05 pm

Well my group didn't get called for jury duty, but I feel it's time for another update from the court side of things.

Courts vary from county to county.

In Sacramento, Jail dockets, violations of probation, and arraignments are done over zoom. Most other criminal cases get continued. This greatly backs up the three court rooms that are taking cases. Courts that used to lock their doors at 3:30 or earlier now are going to five PM or longer. Traffic is near nonexistent. Family law is entirely by zoom.

Most every county allows for a telephonic or zoom appearance. DAs and PDs routinely take them up on it, but for Placer County (and maybe El Dorado). El Dorado county is a bit nuts with its judges refusing to wear masks.

Almost all the seating is marked and/or removed to enforce social distancing. This includes in trial rooms. Judges and clerks sit behind plexiglass in busier rooms. In Sacramento, they may not even be in the same room as the jailed defendant.
Show

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion