Song Contest 156 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

I still want to submit a song but ehh, midterm projects are approaching and I'm not so sure if I will have time to do a pass. Hmm.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Last minute submission as always.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Again I am seeing an hour delay for my rankings probably because I have a game opening with thw songs so...uhh, I'm trying.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

...uhh maybe two.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

This list go down by the exact order as post . The tier list coming below.

Spoiler: The 2-Hour Overdue List of Comments
Norway - While the vocal is fine and all, this song hurts my ears, yet somehow I think this is becoming an earworm. HELP! God I need to skip this.
Ireland - I forgot the name of a song style like this... Spanish? I like the chorus quite a bit. No, actually I can dance on this. The jazz is also nice.
Uganda - The intro is a bit too long so I skipped towards the middle and it still feels like an intro until the end. The comment was half joke. Actually, this is exactly what it looks like; a some kind of south african ritual(? can't find a word) music. Nothing wrong but nothing to write home about.
Flavortown - Kinda reminds me of singers with similar voice-type. Smooth and cool.
Central African Republic - Pretty nice. The vocal is pretty. The slow pacing of the song is fine.
Russia - There are some parts that sound a bit off for me. Not really into this song. Gotta say the instrument is fine, though. Oh okay, the bridge to last chorus is good. Overall the scream is what blocking me from giving it higher tier.
China -Oh this is good. I like the duet vocals. Pretty good acoustic song, gives that pretty country feeling. And she got some dope guitar skills. This is one for listening on the road.
USSR - Oh an actual Eurovision submission, okay (first time ever watching a Eurovision clip, actually). No doubt why this is a Eurovision submission. The song is pretty nice. Reminds me of a certain Shrek OST.
Gloomhaven - I don't know the Banana Splits. I reckon it's a kids show, but this song is like taking a kids show theme and add some tweaks to it that makes it fun to listen. This is pretty cool.
Masada - Starts off like an acoustic, then there's some rock added into it. I like the whole feel I get from the song.
Hinamizawa - Everyone can guess where this is going, right? LOL I dig the chorus, with that pitch change. The song feels very lively. Also I get rhythm game vibes more than anime vibes from this. I actually think I have to check out more about this group.
Denmark - Snail's House! I can never get tired of these type of music (is there a genre name for this). Good song!
Tuvalu - Pretty generic, but who's to say it's bad? Sounds pretty fine and emotional.
Belgium - The background music and rap combination threw me off a bit. Still a good rap, nothing to complain about.
Cyprus - Oh wow. I wasn't expecting this to be so good. I really get all happy beats from the song. And the drops are dope too. Awesome!
Columbia - Another hip hop song. Pretty fine, I guess.
Switzerland - I sometimes feel that this is pretty okay (pun intended). Rock song with good chorus. Nothing to complain.
Burkina Faso - Accordian based song with uh... vocals that I find a bit weird. Other than that it's an okay-ish song... yeah.
Armenia - The vocal is okay, the guitar is okay, the combination of the two is pretty nice, though. The bridge to the final part is cool.
Canada - Pretty sure I have heard this before. The drumbeats with piano are cool. Gives some mystery vibe which I like.
Tanzania - Zelda music! What's more to say? Zelda generally has some fine OSTs anyway.
Greece - Girl Rap? Okay? This lacks something, music wise, though. The rap is pretty fine.
Anguilla - 4 rap songs in a single contest is rare, IMO. I liked the first two more, TBH.
Poland - Quite an indie approach for this one. Pretty fine.
Australia - MY ENTRY! I chose this one simply because I like the chorus parts, you know, with the drumrolls, which feels emotional to me. And I personally like this unit the most out of the others from the same francise (that is not really popular compared to say Love Live or one I submitted earlier).
Runetella - If not by the video thumbnail I couldn't tell this is Japanese. Also the song sounds pretty weird.

Spoiler: Tierlist (Picture & TierMaker link)

Another fun contest! Thanks for all the submissions!

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 148, Vi wrote:Someone named CaptainMeme submitted the fake Eurovision song. Well played.
WHAT?

Return to “General Discussion”