Song Contest 202 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:48 am

Post by toolenduso »

Damn I missed deadline!

....unless?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:52 am

Post by toolenduso »

I went ahead and submitted, since entries weren't already up
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:35 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 25, Song Contest wrote:
Entries are now posted!

Apologies again for the delay.
Hey, it worked out great for me
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:39 am

Post by toolenduso »

Spoiler: I'm going, going / Back, back / To Colorado
Sweden - Lola Blanc - Real Boy: Sounds like a poppier version of that one song from The Hush Sound I liked a ways back. Which is blah. DECENT.

Mali - Bartees Strange - Heavy Heart: Mostly uninteresting to me except that awesome guitar at the end. DECENT.

Wales - Odette - Mandible: FKA Twigs-esque cover art gets me hype. Link didn't work so I had to find another video on YT. It was aight. Good singer. Prolly my favorite so far, but that's not saying much. DECENT.

Kazakhstan - Lil Uzi Vert ft. Bring Me the Horizon - Werewolf: Man, BMTH has gone an unexpected route. Not a great song though imo. DECENT.

fSwatini - Beverly Glenn-Copeland - Colour of Anyhow: Lol @ typo. Oh haha then I saw eSwatini entered further down. That guitar.....sounds just like a Postal Service song. We Will Become Silhouettes, that's the one. Doesn't seem like they sampled it, but hey, it could just be a similar-sounding riff. Anyway, this is pretty and I kinda like it. Fave so far. DECENT.

Hoverboards - Måns Zelmerlöw - Fire in the Rain/Heroes: Video unavailable. Music video doesn't say the "/Heroes" part, so I might have to go to a live version for that part? We'll see. Kind of a boring song to me, albeit with a catchy chorus. OK yep it didn't include the Heroes bit, so here we go to another video. Yeah this is just...whatever. DECENT.

Ireland - Lauv - Drugs & The Internet: I kinda like the track, and the singer's good, but in a lot of ways this is also a type of song I'm not hype about. DECENT.

Earthsea - Yesterday's World - Circulatory System: I should probably read Earthsea. This echoes Magical Mystery Tour-era Beatles to me. I like it. Yeah this is weird and fun and cool. GOOD.

eSwatini - Chloe Adams - Dead to Me: I like the dynamism. Fun song. DECENT.

Denmark - Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Rock'n Roll, Morning Light Falls on You: Decent post-emo (is that a thing?) rock song. DECENT.

Peru - Sorry - Perfect: Similar in vibe to eSwatini, but of a different genre niche. Not sure which one I like more atm. DECENT.

Chile - Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home to Me: Oh this song! I know this one. I did not know this was Sam Cooke. This one's gonna get a lil ding because it's a very famous song, but I do like it. GOOD.

Ecuador - Nita Strauss ft. Alissa White-Gluz - The Wolf You Feed: I like the groove/guitar during the chorus. Overall I'm always gonna be more forgiving to songs that sound like this. So this probably gets some points to me, even though I'm not that into it. DECENT.

Scythia - Asja Kadric - Fear Not This Night: It's aight. DECENT.

Return to “General Discussion”