Song Contest 203 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:19 am

Post by toolenduso »

I have entered another song ChannelDelibird will hate (and which will get 12 points from PEG)
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:27 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 11, MiniDeathStar wrote: /in with the 28 min song, have fun~
But Impossible Soul has already been entered...

Wait I think that one was only 25 minutes
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:27 am

Post by toolenduso »

aw crap it's today
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:33 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 26, MiniDeathStar wrote:And I'm sorry the song is stupidly long, I actually asked last contest if someone would be interested in a 28 min entry – one person said yes, no one said no, so I went ahead. I didn't actually expect anyone to listen to it from start to finish, but to maybe skip through at random or just listen until they got bored. So that's all on me and I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time.
No need to apologize, there's no cap on song length in the contest. Always up to each participant whether they're willing to sit through the long ones.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:56 am

Post by toolenduso »

Spoiler: I'll be defiant / The lion / Give them the fight that will open their eyes
Mount Celeste - Ben Prunty - Old Site (Black Moonrise Mix): Ooh, thpooky. This is aight, I enjoy it but it's not something I'm gonna save. DECENT.

Sweden - Ethereal Shroud - Chasmal Fires: Since I'm up against the voting deadline I might not actually have time to listen to this whole thing, so I'm skipping it for now and will come back to it. OK, back to it at the end of the contest. It's been very sonically flat for like seven minutes now. But it's very long, so maybe that's just what this part sounds like. Yeah, it pretty much just calms down and gets atmospheric and then goes right back to the same sound. Not my thing. DECENT.

Peru - Andy Shauf - Try Again: This is some nice and pleasant guitar and lyric-centered indie. DECENT.

Wales - Raye - Black Mascara.: Somewhat unique electronic-driven poppy stuff, catchy chorus. Notes of FKA, except the vocals are like 100% autotune. DECENT.

Chile - OK Go - This: I like the crispness of this beat with the horns and all. DECENT.

eSwatini - Sinéad O'Connor & The Chieftains - The Foggy Dew: Sometimes a vehicle to showcase singing works very well and I appreciate it. This seems like one of those songs. DECENT.

Scythia - Nightwish - Deep Silent Complete: Very much not my kind of metal. DON'T CARE.

Uqbar - Underscores - Spoiled Little Brat: Vaguely Nintendo-core musical aesthetic. Quirky, punchy rhythm. Prominent stutter-step kick drum. Quiet-loud-quiet dynamism. These are all things that appeal to me. Fave so far. DECENT.

Wilber, Nebraska - Hardy ft. Jeremy McKinnon - Radio Song: Oh...........wow, this took a turn I did not expect. So this song is a three-genre mashup. One of those genres, hip hop, I do not mind this version of. The second, radio country, I despise. The third, electro-metal, I really like and is decently done here. The country part of this sort of tanks the whole effort for me, but overall I kinda like it? Points for originality, anyway. DECENT.

Vatican City - Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure Cast - Nothing Left to Lose: The fuck is this? Some kinda Tangled spinoff made for TV? With musical numbers? OK, whatev. This singer sounds like that one guy. Um...Ben Platt. OK, not him though. Oh shit did she just kill her boyfriend? Damn. OK. Well, anyway, this was aight. DECENT.

Mali - Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure: Ooh glitch pop. I like glitchy shit. Kinda giving Florence vibes. This is def one of my top songs, maybe number one even. GOOD.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:02 am

Post by toolenduso »

OK all these posts in conjunction with each other had me cracking up. I'm imagining it like in movie trailers when they'll reel off a bunch of one-liners from critics.
In post 9, toolenduso wrote: I have entered another song ChannelDelibird will hate (and which will get 12 points from PEG)
In post 21, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Chad // I Am Waves - Emarosa

You were right!
In post 19, Aureal wrote:
Chad: Emarosa - I Am Waves

Thank goodness it was short.
In post 20, Aristophanes wrote:
Chad: Emarosa - I Am Waves
In the intro I was like "oh, this is the kind of rock music I could probably get behind!"
And then it continued.
In post 22, BS2000 wrote:
10th: Emarosa Song

ugh more 2005highschoolcore
In post 23, fireisredsir wrote:
i am waves
- bits of this were alright but it didn't really do a lot for me.

Return to “General Discussion”