Song Contest 205 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:04 pm

Post by Aureal »

/in
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:26 pm

Post by Aureal »

Spoiler: actually a pretty solid selection this time
Uqbar- Farfalle

That was so intense I got a leg cramp. Wow.

Chile- One Week

Oh man, people still remember this song? We, the Sailor Moon fans of the 90s, do! I like turning it into a big band swing style, it's so peppy that sure, why not dance to it? I think I like this better than the original.

Nigeria- Naked and Red

Interesting, nothing that really made me go wow but solid throughout with a clever offbeat tone.

Sumer- Oh Marcello

Kind of quirky in a good way. A little repetitive but not to the point of annoyance. Interesting vocals.

Mali- Expert in a Dying Field

Unusual but interesting premise for a song, so that gets it some goodwill for a pretty solid but not otherwise standout warm rock song.

Sweden- Charles Francis Coghlan

I had the lights on so that wasn't quite the right ambiance for this piece. I wish the raspy vocals were more audible. I must've been at least a third of the way into the song before I realized I'd actually mostly understood a couple of lines- it had just been indecipherable rasping until then. That sort of makes my brain just wander rather than pay close attention. It definitely seems like the sort of thing I could feel in the mood for, but it did seem to go on a bit long.

Mount Celeste- Objection Funk

Heh. I am vaguely aware of Ace Attorney (I bought a game recently after watching Danganronpa, I'll play it eventually) so I have no idea if this is a mix of actual music from it or just voice clips over something else. It was good for a smirk or two, mostly from the goofy vocals and not the music itself which was fine.

Antarctica- Chocological

It's... about dessert? Okay. Sure. Who doesn't like dessert.

Gabon- Red Wine Supernova

Typical bouncy pop that made no impression on me.

Wales- Grapefruit

I'm sorry, I'm sure this is very meaningful to some people who have this sort of issue but the lyrics are just too on the nose for me. The music was just fine- there was a little falling sequence of notes at one point that was a nice little bit to catch the ear but I eventually found myself mentally tuning out.

Madagascar- Plan Z

Some parts that seem like they could be good headbangers and some parts are... just obnoxious.

Peru- Mythical

Why does every rapper have to try to disgust people with the n-word? I actually kind of liked the middle of the piece, after getting somewhat through my GO AWAY reaction I realized it had actually gotten kind of silly and that was actually nice. So why the hell did they need to open with a slap in the face?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance

Return to “General Discussion”