Song Contest 210 (Results up!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:24 am

Post by Pink Ball »

/in, sorry for the late entry, I have limited access and have to submit through my phone which is a pain in the ass

Oh and I had no idea what to bring to the table too, this contest will be my filler episode where we all go to the beach
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:03 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Spoiler: Not so late to the party
Ireland

Tegan and Sara - The Con

Not really into it. It reminded me of other songs that have used the same formula and for me it's a little washed up, so to be fair, if I would've heard this one before, I would've liked it more.
Score: 5 out of 10
Chile

Pedro Aznar - Barro Tal Vez (En Vivo)

Yeah you had to listen to this. I've always said that Pedro is in his best when he sings other composer's songs; this one is not the exception. This one is originally from Luis Alberto Spinetta, 'el flaco', one of the two most influential rock musicians of Argentina (along with Charly Garcia). Aznar's compositions are mellower than his partners, but he's an excellent performer and a musical beast.
Score: Niño Prodigio out of 10
Mali

The People Versus - Witch

Nice one!
Score: 6.5 out of 10
Portugal

Frog - It's Something I do

Nicer one!
Score: 7.5 out of 10
Zanarkand

Beastie Boys - I Don't Know

Little less nice, in a way that I actually really liked it, but got bored after a minute.
Score: 6 out of 10
Australia

The Distillers - City of Angels

(I'm starting to see a patern 'cause without looking I thought "oh this was probably submitted by Australia (that's a compliment)).
Score: 8.5 out of 10
Kiribati

Arm's Length - Overture

This one has something, I don't know what it is… but it's like, I wouldn't like this song if I listened any other day. Like this song was made for me to listen to it in this exact moment. That doesn't make it perfect, not even close to, but I'm glad I got to listen to it when I was prone to like it.
Score: 8 out of 10
Mount Celeste

ARForest - The Last Page

Fuck yeah I recognize this one from bianco's walrus, I remember liking it back then and now with this second listen I like it even more, it's like the music is telling a cute ass story that I'm all in for it.
Score: 9 out of 10
Antarctica

Rob Zombie - Feel So Numb

Not as bad as I expected it to be! I loved the imaginery of the video, but the music is a little bit silly I guess.
Score: 4 out of 10
Scythia

Pain - Excalibur

Ah fuck I was hoping that obnoxius riff would stop after the first chorus. The song has some redeemable qualities, but that guitar and other elements of it are really making me wanting to skip to the next song.
Score: 1.5 out of 10
Indonesia

Nihiloxica - Asidi

That beat alone was good enough for making me able to go through the entire thing without losing interest in the song, but that's about it.
Score: 4.5 out of 10
France

Malukah - The Dragonborn Comes

Oh no, sorry. In contrast with the orchestral arrangement… This isn't it.
Score: 2.5 out of 10

Return to “General Discussion”