Put Me In Charge

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Empking »

CooLDoG wrote:Not allowing the poor to have children, or alcoholic beverages sounds too much like government run health care for my tastes, it makes "Obama care" seem mild...
Though I don't agree completely with the ideas put forth in the first post you seemed to have missed the "voluntary" part of the idea.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #204 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Empking »

popsofctown wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:I'd rather pay someone a decent wage to do it. But that could be me just thinking that if a job needs doing, then someone should be getting paid a wage for doing it. Especially when people want to work.
The prisoners get fed every day. Housed too, actually. Are they billed for medical care? I'm not sure about that. You could charge them for being in prison, pay them, and then take the money right back.

If you're worried about the unemployed getting cut off from money because the prisoners are stealing their jobs, just take the money you would have spent paying those guys to do it and put it back into welfare and foodstamps. Then the only difference between the two is whether you'll have idle citizens or idle prisoners.
The prisoners don't deserve to be idle.
But what have the citizen done to deserved to be forced into idleness? Can't you just buy a bunch of rocks for the prisoners to break up?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “General Discussion”