"Happy holidays" is bullshit Christian normativity.

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by Junpei »

You sound like the kind of person who is atheist to be a special snowflake and because you LIKE to complain.

You say that Christians are too ignorant about the true birth of the world, and therefore they should not say "happy holidays" because it has connotations with many holidays which occur in december, and the ones which come to your mind most are religious holidays.

However you, as an atheist, don't know anything about the world either. You aren't very knowledgeable about philosophy of the mind, of logic, or religion. So don't try and bullshit like you have solved the universe. You are very ignorant too and because of this, it is offensive for you to be offended by someone saying happy holidays.

Inb4 "blah blah im atheist blah"
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 0, Thestatusquo wrote:I am religiously atheist and culturally jewish. I don't believe in god above, and I certainly don't believe in your little baby jesus. Furthermore, as someone who vividly remembers getting the crap kicked out of him in middle school for being the only jewish kid in the class, I can personally tell anyone who wants to say "it's just being nice! there's nothing wrong with it! it's just PC bullshit." that otherization and the attempted normalization of one religious ideology has real world consequences for real people. It's not just you being nice, it's you actively participating in a system of control that is hurtful and offensive.
A system of control? A system of control? No you idiot it's called the culture in the united states. The country is highly christian, and driven by it's free market economy. Christmas = money; most people agree with SOME religious holiday in december. It's not people pushing an agenda or some intrusive mind control. It's just that people express their happiness about a certain time of year. It's grown beyond that though, I agree. It's now not about the religious aspect. When people say "happy holidays" it now means "I hope you are happy and that your life is going well". Much like how Fag used to mean happy/
When you say happy holidays, what you are actually saying is "I think everyone should be celebrating Christmas right now, and I will make you celebrate it with me with a thinly veiled code word for Christmas."
NO, lol you're a fool. You THINK christmas because YOU are trying to be offended by something. Nothing about happy holidays has to mean christmas, YOU make it that. Society has (as stated above) made it transcendent of christmas or any other religious holiday, so you should stop whining.
The other reason it is true is because Hanukkah is not an important holiday. Like, at all. It is minor as all hell. In terms of important holidays Hanukkah is about as important as boxing day is. To Americans. It just happens to be almost exclusively the only Jewish holiday that Christians know about. It's almost as if this is because they trot it out to act like their Christmas celebrations are somehow secular. They sing 6 Christmas carols and 1 Hanukkah song at the kids "Holiday concert" and they go home in their nice little subaru foresters marveling at how cosmopolitan they all are.
Every jewish person I've met celebrates hanukkah as a significant event. Lol at you trying to push an anti-christian agenda so hard, this isnt about anything other than you hating on religion because you are athiest (likely the reason you are atheist is because you hate religion.... a hilarious circle)
From now on I am going to start wishing Christians "happy holidays" around Yom Kippur and then when they look at me funny explain to them that we're celebrating our important holidays together, so I was wishing them a wonderful St. Andrew's day. Thirty days in advance.

Seriously. Just stop it.
do it, no one would be bitter about it, serious.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 15, Tamuz wrote:
In post 11, Junpei wrote:it is offensive for you to be offended
oh.
OP is pushing his anti-christian agenda and reaching to say that happy holidays is actually a christian agenda to convert us all into christians.

lol what does he suggest, that we stop saying happy holidays to please the few people who view it as an issue?

In the real world (read: not TSQ's brainless head) people dont think that happy holidays = christmas unless they are christian. They think of it as more of a kind greeting. Unless of course you are an angry atheist who wants to find some loophole to attack religion.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 27, Tamuz wrote:
In post 25, Matias wrote:I'm aware why he cares as well, but I'm saying that it's kind of needless to care about it that way.
What % of the population is non-christian?
What % of national politicians are non-christian?

I really don't think you understand Shea's point.

pedit: Matias adhoms me already, do I win?
just because you're assuming that happy holidays = i love christmas and you should do like OP does doesnt mean it's true. Because it doesn't, which renders your argument invalid.

Whatever I'm done arguing with keyboard warriors.

edit: singersigner gets it, good.

Return to “General Discussion”