What's a good desktop computer brand?

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Control Panel -> System. See the specs.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I am blissfully ignorant of Windows 8. I was hoping Egg had been spared that pain as well.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

When my laptop's old cooling fan was dying and wouldn't stay on, a cooling tray with a fan gave it about 4-6 months of life, which was enough for us to save for a new one. No experience with the gel ones.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:17 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I don't know what the requirements are for SC2, but my Lenovo laptops do everything I want them to do (graphics work being the most intensive) for about $400. I would not be surprised if you could get a decent gaming rig for $500-600. Lenovo are not lightweight, though if you're looking at it as a gaming platform you're not likely to get away with a superslim superlight model anyway (my friend who is a teacher has a very slim one he does things like AoE and CivV on though, so I may be wrong in that).

:edit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... ame=Lenovo - Lenovo, specifically designed to be gaming laptops. I was a little conservative on price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... emoryMax=8 as a non-gaming counterexample in the price range I was talking about. NewEgg is the bomb if you don't have a Fry's where you live.

And yes, stay away from Mac if you want gaming, or even to just eat non-Ramen meals for the next year. Fuckers are way too expensive and locked-down.

Return to “General Discussion”