2016 US Presidential Election Thread

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #253 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by Venmar »

Not American, so I don't really count since I won't be voting here, but if I could, I think my vote would go to Bernie Sanders, assuming he wins the nomination.

If Trump becomes president, I will hold a moment of silence for my southern brethren.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by Venmar »

Should elect Clinton so that Bill gets to be "First Man" and then be allowed to throw crazy parties at the White House.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 276, BROseidon wrote:It's not just that, it's also that the republicans all suck and have ideas that are shit

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by Venmar »

Considering the fact that the American Navy dwarfs the new 12 largest navies or something, and the 2nd biggest airfoce is the US Navy, just as an example, cutting back on military spending probably wouldn't be devastating -shrug-.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Venmar »

I don't think all "thrown away" food is spoiled or contaminated. I work at a Grocery Store, and we usually throw away "damaged goods". Stuff like dents in cans and chipped plastic from caps on stuff like bottles. These are perfectly good, eatable, if not healthy products that are simply thrown away for not looking 100%. A dent is not going to ruin the vegetables or soup in the can, a scratched bottle cap doesn't ruin the water or dressing inside. Like, just as another example, if we accidentally damage a club pack of pop cans, as in, the cardboard gives way, we just throw away all of the perfectly fine pop cans inside.

There's no need for that kind of waste really. It's more applicable to stores than restaurants.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 354, hiplop wrote:dents in cans can give you botulism and kill you super easy

I actually did not know this and that's very good to know. Still, Botulism is quite rare, and a dented can is only contaminated if the dent creates somekind of an air opening.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 525, MonkeyMan576 wrote:put in 80 hour days

Idk if that's possible.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Venmar »

Progressive tax that adjusts to how much you make is the right way to go imo. If I get taxed more depending on how much I make, then that's fair, just how it's fair that I get taxed less if I suddenly lose shitloads of hours at my job(s). I mean, if I got taxed long ago (when I made much less money), the amount I get taxed today, then i'd have made WAY less money.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by Venmar »

Just as a nitpick, Polio is dying as is, and most countries don't have it anymore so it was a redundant point.

Also, taxing is higher in Europe for example, where the return of wealth is also higher. For example, while in America grade school is free, in parts of Europe like Sweden, College is also equally free. Many European (+Canada) countries also have free Health Care, while America, not so much. These countries have higher tax rates, and as a result give much more back to the general public. They have an incredibly high standard of living, some exceeding the States, so it could be something for American to strive for I guess, depending on if that's the kind of government and economy system Americans would want.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 647, sthar8 wrote:We should start taxing other countries. They can pay us in money or goods, or soldiers so Americans don't have to serve in our military.

....Yes. G-great idea.

Return to “General Discussion”