ITT: Inconsequential Crap

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3220 (isolation #400) » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:27 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

What's the deal with the appendix?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3228 (isolation #401) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So, I'm watching the original Superman movie, with Christopher Reeve, and what's the deal with Jor-El wearing the Superman logo in the flashbacks?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3230 (isolation #402) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

There is no S in -El
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3248 (isolation #403) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:53 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I feel like wearing sandals, but not like taking my socks off before I do so.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3268 (isolation #404) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Werner Heisenberg is driving down the freeway, when he gets pulled over by a cop.

"Sir, do you know how fast you were going?"

"No, officer, but I know exactly where I am."
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3272 (isolation #405) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

What, so his assumption was that if he didn't believe he had cancer, then he just didn't have cancer?

I see, the Onion.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3285 (isolation #406) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So, I was in the neighborhood where I grew up today. They're closing the library there. That makes me feel sad; I spent a lot of time in that library as a kid.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3352 (isolation #407) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 3347, animorpherv1 wrote:happy scumday shaft.ed!

Also, I'm surprised that Sudo remembers I'm a Newfie. I haven't mentioned it in forever.

I can smell it on you.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3359 (isolation #408) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 3356, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 3352, Sudo_Nym wrote:
In post 3347, animorpherv1 wrote:happy scumday shaft.ed!

Also, I'm surprised that Sudo remembers I'm a Newfie. I haven't mentioned it in forever.

I can smell it on you.

It must be an old smell. Haven't gone there for quite a while...

Well, you Newfies never bathe.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3375 (isolation #409) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:25 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Fahrenheit, which was designed by Daniel Fahrenheit, a German physicist who lived in the Netherlands. It was designed such that 100 degrees was the human body temperature, and 0 degrees was the combination of water, ice, salt, and brine. Except the second part is bullshit; according to his logs, he just designed zero so that it'd be colder than it gets in the Netherlands so he wouldn't have to put negative numbers in his temperature log, and he only came up with the water-ice-salt-brine story when he published his paper on the Fahrenheit scale.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3380 (isolation #410) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:05 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Celsius is interesting, because originally it was backwards. Anders Celsius originally designed it so that 0 was the melting point of water, and 100 the freezing point, and thus lower numbers signified higher temperatures. The scale was then inverted by Carolus Linnaeus after Celsius died.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3599 (isolation #411) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:32 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just started watching Eureka
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3695 (isolation #412) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

An open letter to the Transsexual in my study group:
I know we had a bit of a to-do today, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with transsexuals, or even with you specifically. I'm all in favor of a person's right to redefine their own soul, and I'll happily call you a "she", and even "Yummy", if that's the name you've chose for yourself- after all, just because it's not on your birth certificate doesn't mean it's not your real name.
The only reason I'm saying all this, is that I wasn't trying to insist that you're "really" male, or that you should act or dress in any specific way, so as to please me or anyone. I really just wanted you to stuff your penis back into your low-riders.
I regret any embarrassment this may have caused either of us.
Sincerely,
Micheal.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3698 (isolation #413) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I would have thought that a Trans Woman would have devised a solution for the penis, honestly. I thought that was kind of a big deal.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3705 (isolation #414) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

If you count TV and Stage, I have a Kevin Bacon number of 3.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3707 (isolation #415) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:55 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 3706, Umbrage wrote:
In post 3705, Sudo_Nym wrote:If you count TV and Stage, I have a Kevin Bacon number of 3.

Oh, do elaborate!

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3715 (isolation #416) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sudo was in The Importance of Being Earnest with Preston Wamsley, who was in The Hughleys with Gerry Becker, who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3738 (isolation #417) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 3736, Brandi wrote:My birthday is tomorrow. I shall be wearing a hat given to me by my buddy named sudo_nym!

Yay! I didn't mention it, but that hat enables adventures to be had.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3750 (isolation #418) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:09 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sudo had a midterm this morning. Sudo has been drinking since noon. Infer at will.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3754 (isolation #419) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:01 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Wow, you people are just the worst.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3782 (isolation #420) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sudo's new cousins just sprouted hair. To my eternal shame, I am now related to gingers.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3817 (isolation #421) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

My philosophy syllabus says that Michael Shermer will be giving a guest lecture tomorrow.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3833 (isolation #422) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Your art was even more powerful than you thought it was!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3835 (isolation #423) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

What? Over 9000?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3851 (isolation #424) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

What's the difference between a Pulitzer prize winner and a Utah Carpenter?

One's Norman Mailer.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3919 (isolation #425) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3936 (isolation #426) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I got 11, 10 8, 6, 7, 6, for an overall 8.0
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3938 (isolation #427) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I got a perfect on Hue.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3984 (isolation #428) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 3983, animorpherv1 wrote:Random fact for the day:

Margarine is 1 molecule away from being plastic.

A fact that's completely meaningless, because even a minor change in molecular structure can radically change the properties of that molecule.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4004 (isolation #429) » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4045 (isolation #430) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Overheard on the train today:

"Jeremy, come to the store with me."

"No, I'm hanging out with my friends today."

"You idiot, I was trying to give you an excuse to ditch your friends and have sex instead."
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4070 (isolation #431) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:05 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Wow. Six years on the site. You people have wasted so much of my time!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4156 (isolation #432) » Thu May 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It turns out that if you add a bunch of arbitrary numbers together, you wind up with an arbitrary number.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4191 (isolation #433) » Thu May 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4188, Tazaro wrote:I had a dream last night with Barbra Streisand's being on stage singing and whatnot. Does that make me gay?
How many dicks where in your mouth during the dream?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4224 (isolation #434) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4262 (isolation #435) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4261, Nobody Special wrote:Really? Could've sworn it was much longer.
heh heh heh
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4277 (isolation #436) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

The eczema fairy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4279 (isolation #437) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

A certificate in eczema?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4295 (isolation #438) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4294, Mr. Flay wrote:talking dinosaur soap operas
Image?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4298 (isolation #439) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that Dinosaurs was a real show and not a hallucination I had.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4299 (isolation #440) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

If anybody is wondering whether there is such a thing as Cassandra Cain/Stephanie Brown slash art, rest assured that it exists.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4310 (isolation #441) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So, one of my classmates had her daughter with her today, since she couldn't get a babysitter. Professor gave her some chalk and the back chalkboard, and she drew this:
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4315 (isolation #442) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:02 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4312, quadz08 wrote:I"m more impressed with the art, cause damn

how old is the girl?
Didn't ask, but looked around 9-10.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4319 (isolation #443) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just got home from seeing Weird Al live. Awesome show; will have pics eventually. Still buzzing, I was like 10 feet from the stage, and his drummer was really loud.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4338 (isolation #444) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I don't get what's supposed to be happening.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4394 (isolation #445) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I mean, I fought hard for a long time to try and get people to recognize the gender-neutrality of the word "man" in that instance. It's linguistically viable, and the etymology is sound; the problem is that the way humans use words does inform how people think.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4401 (isolation #446) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I hate the use of the word "their" for a gender neutral singular. Personally, I'm fine with using "his" as gender neutral when gender is unknown. Similarly, I'm fine with using "her" as gender neutral as well- in fact, when I'm writing papers, I'll usually alternate between the two. I would vastly prefer that something better would gain sufficient popularity, though.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4404 (isolation #447) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4403, Tamuz wrote:Do y'all believe languages permit exact synonyms?
It permitted an exact Sudonym. Does that count?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4406 (isolation #448) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Synonym's my cousin. He's better at physics, but I can probably replace him if you just need a low-level tutor.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4408 (isolation #449) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4407, Tamuz wrote:I need a high class Tudor, can you help?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4410 (isolation #450) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

You just don't know anything about fashion.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4428 (isolation #451) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So now my cousin is trying to convince me that my life is worthless because I don't have the Jesus.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4432 (isolation #452) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4429, Mr. Flay wrote:Your cousin PMed me. WTH?
Seriously? That's amusing. He's also going to be uploading a sermon he gave on John 3:16, in case you're interested in following this train all the way to the crash.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4437 (isolation #453) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So, Flay, my cousin try to pm you some more?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4439 (isolation #454) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Really? That's surprisingly out of character for him. Although now I'm dying to know what it is that he said that he's content to drop the subject.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4441 (isolation #455) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yep, that's definitely him. If nothing else, I think this informs the debate style I tend to adopt when I've gotten into arguments about religion on the site- you see the level that I come prepared for. I do feel a bit regretful to have projected that upon the mostly reasonable user base here, though.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4449 (isolation #456) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:45 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4446, Battousai wrote:
In post 4440, Mr. Flay wrote:
Spoiler: Mostly I just declined his kind offer
CH wrote:I'd like you to follow this conversation. If you agree with his point I am able to share some facts that you maybe are not aware of. At least it would educate you better to what us stupid Chriatians believe so you could mock us better, right?=^ ) But i intend to make your boy my cousin a better man be schooling him a bit here cause he doesn't know what he is talking about. Please feel free to wiegh in on the issue as well. I welcome the intellectual challenge and bet you can't neither of you can best me here. =^ )

Spoiler: I would have replied
CH wrote:I'd like you to follow this conversation. If you agree with his point
I am able to share some facts that you
maybe
are not aware of. At least it would educate you better
on
what us
"
stupid Chri
st
ians
"
believe so you could mock us better, right? =^ ) But
I
intend to make your boy
my cousin
a better man
by
schooling him a bit here
be
cause he doesn't know what he is talking about. Please feel free to w
ei
gh in on the issue as well. I welcome the intellectual challenge and
I
bet you can't
either. Neither
of you can best me here. =^ )
*fixed

I really don't want to get involved in an "intellectual challenge" with someone who has a limited grasp of English grammar and spelling. It's not fair to either of us.
I could give you his contact info, if you like. I've been having this conversation with him for 10 years, so having a pinch hitter may be the way forward.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4471 (isolation #457) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I was born blonde, but my hair has gotten darker with age, to a chocolate brown now. My beard was also blonde for years, but is now a light brown with a blonde mustache. Genetics is weird.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4480 (isolation #458) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, furry lobsters are a thing as well.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4481 (isolation #459) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It kinda freaks me out a little when people have eyebrows that are a different color than their hair.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4498 (isolation #460) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Rollerskating is just like riding a bicycle, expect with different numbers of wheels and also the wheels are on your feet and also doing it correctly requires different motions and balance.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4501 (isolation #461) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:15 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Why should that stop you?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4504 (isolation #462) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:27 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4502, shaft.ed wrote:rather not get run over
Pedestrians have right-of-way. Cars are legally obligated to not run you over.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4508 (isolation #463) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4507, bv310 wrote:
In post 4504, Sudo_Nym wrote:
In post 4502, shaft.ed wrote:rather not get run over
Pedestrians have right-of-way. Cars are legally obligated to not run you over.
Laws won't help once you get smushed by a car.
Laws are inviolate. That's why they are laws. Otherwise, they are just theories and hypotheses.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4512 (isolation #464) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Well, the man is well-marinated.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4541 (isolation #465) » Sun May 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've played so much Blood Bowl lately that I thought that was a reference to that.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4549 (isolation #466) » Sun May 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

#getoffmylawn
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4585 (isolation #467) » Wed May 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4583, Brandi wrote:I dyed my hair pink. The stylist told me that dying your eyebrows is a stupid and dangerous idea. So I'm just gonna put pink eyeshadow on them instead.
pics or it didn't happen
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4587 (isolation #468) » Wed May 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Why not just saw the top of your head off, and wear wigs?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4591 (isolation #469) » Tue May 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Dad is getting remarried. Asked me to be his best man. This is a great deal to process at once.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4641 (isolation #470) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4640, shaft.ed wrote:Whenever I talk to people with blue eyes, they kinda freak me out
Then I remember I have blue eyes and I wonder if everyone that talks to me is similarly freaked out
Do I freak you out, shaft?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4665 (isolation #471) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

They do have cherries in Asia.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4679 (isolation #472) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Finally got around to watching How to Train Your Dragon. It's pretty alright.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4733 (isolation #473) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I had an interview today. Went on for 2 hours. That's a good sign, right? The job sounds like it would be more interesting, more fun, and more money than my current job. It's odd that I spent months trying to get an interview with anyone, and now that I have a job, jobs are approaching me.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4751 (isolation #474) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Today, I got to listen to my cousin explain to me that hair color is determined by the phase of the sun during your birth.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4754 (isolation #475) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4753, quadz08 wrote:yeah please don't I don't actually want to play any games

Your move rate in Shadows proves this to be true.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4756 (isolation #476) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4755, quadz08 wrote:?

I go as soon as I'm aware it's my turn and online, soooo

Your admitted unwillingness to abuse time travel in order to move preemptively proves my point.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4770 (isolation #477) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:30 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I bought a new pillow and it's softer than I'm used to and it's like I'm using a giant marshmallow to support my head
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4819 (isolation #478) » Mon May 04, 2015 9:55 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I got the audiobook of A Game of Thrones to listen to at work. It's read by an elderly British actor, who narrates everything in the same even tone. It's making the after-wedding scene with Dany/Drogo sound really awkward.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4821 (isolation #479) » Tue May 05, 2015 9:31 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I was just having a discussion with my uncle about the Baltimore riots, and he concluded with "If they didn't want to get beat up by police, they shouldn't have broken the law. Criminals deserve to get the shit kicked out of them."

I have no idea how to respond to that.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4825 (isolation #480) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I object to gender-normativity. I've known many women who where better at leading backwards than I was forwards.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4830 (isolation #481) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 4829, Plum wrote:One of the interesting things about going to religious all-girls schools and camps throughout my youth was that despite plenty of enforced gender-normative standards (I guess), a lot of things that are heavily gendered in wider society just weren't. If you wanted to waltz, you waltzed with a girl. The school play had male characters? Girls played all the characters.

I always thought that was weird. "This is a catholic school, no gay stuff. Now put on this dress, we're doing Bye Bye Birdie this month."
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4853 (isolation #482) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

My childhood nursery rhymes made me think that Muffin Men would be a bigger deal than they turned out to be.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4861 (isolation #483) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I hope they're microwavable wines.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4889 (isolation #484) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vi backwards looks a lot like 4
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4903 (isolation #485) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Usually, when I feel this way, I try to cheer myself up with a laugh. But nothing seems very funny anymore.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4909 (isolation #486) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

From a statistical standpoint, it's basically guaranteed that at least one Hogwarts student has shoved a wand up their ass. This much is known.

Return to “General Discussion”