Put Me In Charge

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

I got this chain e-mail too. Sadly, I'm on of the few liberals in the "bible-belt", and have to put up with this "conservative" ideology. Its very sad that people actually take this stuff seriously!
This idea sounds a lot like what Hitler did to the Jews in some respects. While not out-right killing people it does separate the rich from the poor, as the Jews from the "normal" Germans.

Not allowing the poor to have children, or alcoholic beverages sounds too much like government run health care for my tastes, it makes "Obama care" seem mild...
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Okay, I wanted to make a real post in the thread just because I have read all 5 pages of it and I find it interesting...

First off, I don't feel like commenting on anything other then the OP. Its a bit harry, and I just feel like I should make a post about the OP...

I will be ignoring all classist/racist comments by... Mr. Alfred, simply because that isn't constructive and we ALL know it is wrong...

My comments are in bold (duh)...
ReaperCharlie wrote:This was in the Waco (
Seems like a fitting name
) Tribune Herald, Waco, TX -- 18 Nov 2010. (
to say, this is after the midterms, so it is not for a candidate... Also it is in the USA

Put Me In Charge

(
Here we must assume that the author has full power to get his way. At this moment he has full power. We must go on assuming that anything he says will instantly (or in what ever time frame he puts forth) come to pass. He doesn't have to worry about congress or anything else
)

Put me in charge of food stamps. I’d get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese, and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza ..... get a job.
(
okay, lets start... #1) He implies that rice, beans, cheese (this is important!), and powdered milk are cheaper or of equal value of Ding Dongs. #2) he implies that these said products are enough to sustain one over a long period of time. #3) He implies that steak, and pizza are unhealthy/too good for the poor/ not worth the governments money. #4) that there is an unlimited amount of each item that can be "hauled away"
#5) That we have all of those products readily available to anyone on food stamps.

Now as for #1)... Cheese is not cheap, and is not
that
healthy (the cheap "American" variety...). If you noted not a single meat product is on the list. Getting the recommended protean will be hard on that diet (given that beans do have some protein). Also this implies that people can cook such items... also no foods with substantial amount of vitamin C were mentioned, this could lead to unwanted health conditions...

#2) This ties in with the diet part, eating only rice and beans isn't very sustaing (but one can argue the same thing about ho ho's... But not about pizza or steak)

#3) Pizzas come in a lot of varieties (trust and Italian here...). Most meat products are healthy as well (part of a balanced diet). Ding dongs, aren't as healthy that must be said. Ding dongs and ho ho's are expensive. You don't realize how much does bugger cost... And arguing that any item is too good for anyone is classist, duh.

#4) This will cost the government a lot of money if people are hauling away 20 crates of powdered milk will cost a very very shinny penny... As well as rice for that matter. It also implies that we can import/grow enough to sustain people taking such items away (this isn't much of a concern but its still there).

#5) In some cities wal-marts simply aren't there. minute mart is all you got. and let me tell you minute mart doesn't sell powdered milk OR beans OR rice.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings .... get a job.

Okay some things on this 1) birth control... wow... need I say more? 2) Okay, drug testing, some of you guys talked about this but you forgot to see nicotine in there, this is major. 3) tattos+percings... 4) rights to reproducing+drugs+other things banned.
this passage is a little more straight forward, and doesn't imply as many things...

Point 1), what the fuck? no really, what the fuck? okay, so I can't have babies just because I don't have a job. What kinda of joke is this? If anybody agrees with this, go castrate yourself, and do it now.

point 2) what if I am addicted to smokes? How can I quite if I don't have money to buy the nicotine patches (or other things) that I need to quite. What if I already have a tatt? Why is a tatt linked to my employment or lack there of? Really? And I don't think many people on foods stamps have enough money to buy a six pack... however they could... The cost of this would be horrendous. and for no apparent benefit...

3)see above...

4) So its banned, but how does that help me? If I die because of smoking then that is my choice. Its a bad one (and I am all for more warnighs on cigs...) but this is in no way related to my employment.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime, and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360 .... get a job and your own place.

One line: Un-constitutional. They would require a warrant in order to do such a thing. And since being unemployed is not criminal...

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”

I'm growing tired of this guy, and I'm running out of time to waste on him. So the next few might be brief...
How can I get a job if there isn't an opening? And how is clean-up duty productive? If the best thing I can do is pick up trash, why am I even getting paid for it? And this implies that I have a $4000 plasma sitting around after those government inspections, as well as having one before those government inspections...

Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that it wasn’t that long ago when taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.
okay, so now its voluntary... okay, so I could ether starve to death or comply with Hitler over here. This sounds like an lose lose situation for those poor people... And its not demeaning it is simply violations. Being forced to have birth control implants is not "ruining someones self esteem" it is violation. This is rather silly. I don't even know why I'm still typing at this point...

If we are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

this assumes that poor people have a choice that they are poor. Which is not true. and it assumes that they will "learn their lesson".

Alfred W. Evans, Gatesville, Texas
Discuss.
That's it.... I hope I haven't made a fool of myself (again :lol: ). Sorry if it tailed off at the end too...
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:29 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@RC, I wo7uld be slightly interested if you responded to my post... you don't have to though.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

@RC, yes... I understand (hehehe, I do it too)
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Never forget, Never forgive
after a wank.
CooLDoG