2016 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

2016 NFL Football

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

There is no doubt that Colin Kaepernick will go down as one of the best NFL players ever
http://starnews-today.com/kaepernick-re ... 3086302327

This was a troll article/advertisement right?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

inb4 bills packers sb

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Is your argument that he should get MORE than 4 games?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

que the Nero is crazy talk but I don't think the jets should resign Fitz

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think Chan Gailey is awesome and Geno hasn't been a starter under Gailey yet. Geno wasn't super horrible or anything last year where as Fitz was fairly inaccurate and
ONLY
threw 15 ints 'cause Decker+Marshall is a good WR tandem. Reserve my seat for the Geno bandwagon.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

unless NE has fixed their oline enough the wheels are gonna fall off brady

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 41, Egg wrote:Best fits in order:
1. Jets
2. Browns
3. 49ers
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Cardinals
7. Colts

8. Chargers
9. Bills

10. Falcons

11. Ravens

12. Patriots
13. Chiefs
14. Bears
Obviously He'd be a backup in any of Dallas/Clevland/Arizona/San Diego/NE/KC or Chicago. Would he be the eventual future? Maybe

I'm going to root for a Foles/Kelly reunion since I believe in Geno and the Browns are going to ride RG3 so I don't really see them picking him up.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 42, Kmd4390 wrote:Just want to point out that fantasy signups close next week. Link is in the OP of this thread.
just a follow up but we need 4-5 for the main one and 5-6 for the auction

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

:lol:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well Jets just resigned Fitz so Foles to Jets ain't happening.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 51, Bella wrote:He's still an upgrade over Geno as the back up,
I don't really agree but ok. But I don't see the Jets willing to carry 5 QBs on their roster unless the release one...otherwise I see Foles being snapped up here soon and thus the Jets will miss out on him.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I actully really like the idea of him going to Dallas but he prob wants a starting job and the 49ers are likely the only place he could get one.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I still think that the Jets success last year had more to do with the good WR play/OC and not Fitz's QB play but thats just me. Di any other teams even want him?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

How do you know he hasn't improved? :lol: I guess conventional wisdom says he hasn't but I feel like he wasn't horrible last year and I think the Jets should have waited to see what they had in the three QBs they had. If they waited they could have gotten Foles which I don't think is any worse than Fitz and prob offers more upside. Smith only has a 1m cap hit so they could cut him and sign Foles right? Well now they have that big Fitz deal so do they even have the cap space now? Signing Fitz prob had more to do with making Decker/Marshall happy than anything.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

No one wanted Fitz but the jets. This is also Genos final year so next year they will be rolling with a Hackenburg/Petty group unless they resign the others. If it were up to me I would have spent the training camp looking hard at Geno/Petty and rolled with them 'cause even if my team stunk it up I'm going to get an early daft pick and select a RD1 QB also the only had like 9mill in cap space before they resigned Fitz so now if someone gets injured they can't sign any help which is dumb.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 82, Bella wrote:why would you throw away a season when your main divisional competition is without their starting QB for the first four games and you have your best chance to make it in years?
It all boils down to if you think Fitz is a significant upgrade over Geno. Based on career stats, Fitz. But gut and last years stats doesn't really make me think so. I'm am also arguing that I think it would have been a much better idea for them to wait and look at Geno/Petty in camp and only moved on Fitz if they didn't like what they see. Also if they had waited they could have gotten Foles.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 142, PJ. wrote:I think Dallas defense is a little underrated.
Sean Lee is a beast but is made out of aluminium foil.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So does Teddy getting hurt mean defenses will stack the box against AP and he will "underperform"?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'M STEALING WRAITHS FORMAT...kinda

AFCN

this is a two man race between Cin and Pit. I don't think that the any of the free agent losses are a big deal for either team I think both have p EZ regular season schedules so I could see Cin edging Pit with Bell being out the first 3 games.

AFCE

I think this one is between the bills and the Pats. I'm giving the Bills the edge b/c I could see the Pats start 0-4...but still make the wildcard.

AFCS

I think this is Jax's to loose. I think their defense is a sleeper and they have nice offensive pieces.

AFCW

I like KC here with their stout defense. Even if Charles isn't recovered their run game is gonna be fine. Oakland is p talented but thier schedule is tough.

Recap

AFC

1. Cin
2. Buff
3. Jax
4. KC
5. Pit
6. NE

I'll do NFC later.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 249, PokerFace wrote:There are a lot of analyst's saying Arizona will win NFC. They should all have their mouths shut now
Zona is still good. The Pats are just real good.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I read a thing this morning that's saying that Keshawn Johnson claims that it was Snead and the other guy that wanted Goff and not Fisher. Not that it really excesses Fisher but yeah.

Rams aren't very talented on offense. Like I realize that coaching
IS
important but if you don't have the players how much of it is the coaching staff?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Even Rodgers sucked a bit last year with a fat Lacy and without Nelson. Football really is a team thing. I mean it ultimately falls on the guys making the personal decisions but the Rams need better guys.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

RIP Texans

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

YES!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Pit is getting owned.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What poor coaching choices has McCoy really made this year? Like I'm not saying that coaching isn't important but the talent on the field seems like it would have more do that with meltdowns/comebacks.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

And so begins the Geno Smith era

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

under

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I am pretty sure that last year someone in the Texans front office said" You know that Oswellier guy? He played for the Broncos so I bet he's good, we should sign him."

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (isolation #30) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

poor Cecil Shorts

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

so hype for Dallas-NE superbowl

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (isolation #32) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I should be the resident Titans fans since I actually live in TN and AGAR already roots for the boys.

My team hasn't won a championship since the 60's so stop whining you guys.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (isolation #33) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but then won't Denver stack the box?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm obviously not a doctor but from what I've understood is that Bridgewaters injury could be more than a just one year thing.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

pats will win.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (isolation #36) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Even Brady is saying White should be MVP

Return to “General Discussion”