AirBnBs vs hotels

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In general, I've found hotels to be cheaper where I'm traveling. Most of the time. There are rare exceptions. When I went to Norfolk, it was cheaper to crash in an AirBnB instead of a hotel, but the AirBnB was also in a pretty sketchy part of town.

It's all about what you're willing to put up with... when I'm going to see my parents, I appreciate the hotel experience. I also, if I'm renting an AirBnB, want complete privacy, so I only search for "entire home" options, which are more expensive. I think it's just weird to have a private room in a house where there are other people living there I don't know.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well yeah, also I think about "sometimes I may want to get intimate with my spouse while on vacation and sharing a house with someone is hard to do"
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 24, Katsuki wrote:That Sonoma property just showed up on an airBNB ad offsite...
Which site?

I'm curious being remarketing and targeted ads is what I work on every day so I'm curious what ad network AirBnB uses :P
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Monthly rentals are also really helpful when people are in transition between jobs or something. I know people who got a job on the other side of the country and had to be out there to start, but didn't have time to fly out beforehand to look at apartments. So they booked an AirBnB for a month while they get on their feet.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 38, Katsuki wrote:
In post 28, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 24, Katsuki wrote:That Sonoma property just showed up on an airBNB ad offsite...
Which site?

I'm curious being remarketing and targeted ads is what I work on every day so I'm curious what ad network AirBnB uses :P
I could tell you that pretty much all social media websites track you, including google. You leave footprints everywhere.

MS.net would probably be one of the places where they wouldn't see your footprint, which if so, you would know why.
Well yes, I know ;) I am one of the people that sets up remarketing for people on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, etc.

I'm curious which ad network AirBnB uses. Certain families of sites use certain networks, etc.

Anyway it's not really important, more of a curiosity about how a big player does their shit
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

That's basically how it works, yeah.

We have to guess intent based on which pages you visit.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “General Discussion”